Rape And Molestation Charges Filed

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ugh! I don't even want to imagine her as a nurse or in another position with such direct contact with others. Sunday school teacher and mother are enough to choke down.

I am not going to jump onto the Munchausen by proxy theory yet, but I would like them to keep us updated on her daughter's health to see if it improves dramatically without her presence. This will be the litmus test and I hope they recognize it.

Makes me wonder if her "internal bleeding" could have something to do with an eating disorder in some way. We have seen photos where she really looked very gaunt and unhealthy.

or alcohol abuse?

I'm looking at the missing persons network now...

~

Takenote, I spent about a half an hour this morning looking up what the definition of special circumstances in penal code in the state of CA means, and found that penal code and statutes in CA are not as clearly worded and easy to read as other states such as IL.

From what I have been able to determine, the special circumstances in this case refers to the fact that the rape with a foreign object is listed in the penal code for rape in a subsection (I guess so that it can be included in the prosecution of rape) and also she commited the felony crimes of murder and kidnapping. I don't see that we can discern any of the crime from the way the penal code and/or statutes are worded.

So in an around about way, to answer your question, I think that the use of the terminology "special circumstances" refers to the fact that the rape with a foreign object falls in a sub category of the rape statute and was commited in conjunction with other felony crimes.

I could be wrong though, I'm not educated in law.

thanks for looking that up :) you guys are awesome in what you do!

thank you also Darlingal

Quote from darlingal

Murder in CA will get you 25 to life. Meaning you will eventually come up for parole.

Rape and kidnapping are considered "special circumstances". They are felonies and murder that occurs in commission of other felonies is considered murder with "special circumstances."

Special circumstances must exist in order for a murder to be death penalty eligible. Which means if the prosecution decides to try it as a DP case and she is found guilty of first degree murder with special circumstances, she then goes to the penalty phase.

The jury's choice with them be the DP or life without possibility of parole. Those are their only choices.

I've always had the belief that a vic stops being a vic the moment they become a perp.

There's more to your statement than meets the eye, SuziQ. A scared, helpless, wounded little kid, would do anything to stop being a victim. It's just that some ways of escaping victimization, are more socially acceptable than others.

There's more to your statement than meets the eye, SuziQ. A scared, helpless, wounded little kid, would do anything to stop being a victim. It's just that some ways of escaping victimization, are more socially acceptable than others.
That is an interesting statement.

Yes, when a child victim commits a crime under the thumb of their perp. I can absolutely agree on that. But when it comes to adults I don't buy the victim defense.

For example, a woman who doesn't protect her kids because of she's being abused by her significant other. Or an adult who commits an abuse against another because they were abused. It doesn't fly with me at all. Besides, the traditional stats that children of abuse are more likely to go on to abuse has been found to be flawed.

San Joaquin County Superior Court
Stockton Courthouse
April 14, 2009

NOTICE TO THE MEDIA:

The arraignment in the case People of the State of California v. Melissa Huckaby has been scheduled for Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 1:00pm in Department 35 of the main Stockton Courthouse located at 222 E. Weber Avenue , Stockton , CA 95202 .

The case number will be determined upon filing of the complaint. Please see the attached order regarding media activity in public areas in the courthouse. Also attached is a copy of the court’s local rule 1-107 regarding media coverage.

2009-04-13 Order Regarding Media Activity In Public Areas Within The Courthouse

Pool cameras will be admitted into the courtroom starting at 12:15 pm . The following personnel will be admitted and allowed to gather images and sound:

Two (2) TV pool cameras (16x 9 and 4x3) – To be determined by the media
One (1) still photograph camera – Associated Press
One (1) video camera for newspapers – Stockton Record
One (1) pool designee for radio – KFBK 1530 AM

No live transmission will be allowed.

Due to high media interest, there will be limited courtroom seating; not all media may be allowed in the courtroom.

20 seats have been designated for journalists. The following media agencies have been chosen by members of the Statewide Bench-Bar-Media Committee to occupy those seats:

Sacramento Bee
Tracy Press
Stockton Record
Bay Area News Group
Associated Press
San Francisco Chronicle (print pool)

KOVR-TV (CBS affiliate)
KCRA-TV
KXTV-News10
Univision, Channel 19
ABC Network News
NBC Network News
KTVU (Fox affiliate)

The remaining 7 seats designated for journalists will be assigned by lottery. The lottery will occur at 11:30 am at the Clerk’s Office in Room 303 (3rd Floor).

Parking for media will be available on the 200 block of Main Street between San Joaquin and Hunter. Your media credentials will be needed to park in this designated area.

Regular updates will me made to this site.

Please refer all questions to:

Stephanie Bohrer, Public Information Officer
(209)468-2878 phone
(209)479-6542 cell
(209)468-8576 fax
sbohrer@courts.san-joaquin.ca.us

Very nice that they put out media instructions! I suppose they do that all the time, but I've never seen it before. Glad it is organized at the beginning to reduce all the confusion!

Salem

O/T but Dept 35 is where I was for jury duty a few months ago. I was thinking of walking down to the court just to be a lookyloo ( I live about a ten minute walk just north of downtown) but I just got a call for my daughters school and she is sick...gotta go get her, poor thing. Getting sick in class sucks, esp. on a fun day in kindergarten.

I am glad the Tracy Press ranked to get an assigned seat. They earned it...front row and center. ;)

What's with these "digestive" issues? I've read in various articles that was also the reason behind the 10K hospital bill in So. Cal.

Possible bleeding ulcer? Could also explain her gaunt appearance.

Possible bleeding ulcer? Could also explain her gaunt appearance.

It's very possible - I have a history of bleeding ulcers. When having "episodes", I couldnt keep anything down and was very sick....and stress is a huge factor.

I think things like this happen a lot more often than we think...I have heard from a half dozen teenage girls that they've often been peer pressured into having bisexual sex...

No offence, but HOW many have you heard of that happen with a 8 yr old girl that gets raped, murdered, and stuffed in a suitcase???:waitasec:

IMO, I get the feeling she has munchausen's (self) and munchausen's by proxy (toward others). I guess I'm kinda surprised that Melissa isn't a nurse.

Can you imagine her as a nurse? :eek: Very chilling.

They did remove a lot of items for evidence from the church IIRC. Even if there are no marks on Sandra to show COD, the brutality of the crime of rape would leave behind forensic evidence that belonged to Sandra. I am wondering about the fold up bed.

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.d..._NEWS/90414006

Connie Lawless said in phone interview this morning that her granddaughter, Melissa Huckaby, maintains her innocence to charges that she kidnapped, murdered and raped 8-year-old Sandra Cantu.

(Bolded by me) :behindbar So she realized too late that talking to the press may not be such a great idea... :doh:

http://www.ktvu.com/news/19172723/detail.html

Connie lawless said Melissa left the mobile home park for about an hour that Friday afternoon, telling her grandmother that she was going over to the church about a block and a half away to decorate a room.

Police searched the church twice last week.

Connie Lawless says when Melissa returned home, she did not appear any different than when she left.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back