Raven's Website and Online Activity

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JerseyGirl said:
What I found interesting about this was his questioning whether or not there was a deeper meaning to her comment about the pets being there all of the time, like kids. It seems that that question raised something in Raven's mind. Perhaps he simply meant it as a joke but it did make me see that there is at least a little something inside of Raven that makes him question his relationship with his mother or her feelings about him.
I found that interesting too. As I was reading it, I had to wonder WHY he seemed to want to take offense at what his mother had written. I think this must be a deeply troubled family. Not that I feel the least bit sorry for Raven... I do not! I am just beginning to get myself informed on this case after taking a hiatus from crime, but I find this case strikingly similar to the Hacking and Peterson cases.

Oh well, back to lurking but I wanted to tell you that it's interesting, the things you all have uncovered here. It looks like Raven is the #1 suspect. I hope LE can make an arrest soon!

Raven had not listed anything in there, he just joined up - no marital status no children no pictures nothing. Only 11 members of 1997. One friend Scott Pettit (maybe they aren't friends, just classmates) joined before I did.

terminatrixator said:
Raven had not listed anything in there, he just joined up - no marital status no children no pictures nothing. Only 11 members of 1997. One friend Scott Pettit (maybe they aren't friends, just classmates) joined before I did.
Are you talking about Reunion.com? Can you at least see a join date? I wonder if he ever had information there or if he cleaned it all out already. Of course, I'd be interested in seeing whatever he might have posted there but the piece of information I'd truly like to know is WHEN he signed up. The rest would probably just have been more of the same Raven anyhow.

magpie said:
I found that interesting too. As I was reading it, I had to wonder WHY he seemed to want to take offense at what his mother had written.
That's the perfect description. I was having trouble putting it into words. Had my mother said that, I would probably have chuckled and then forgotten all about it. Why did he turn that into something? I agree - the family sounds troubled for sure.

I hope you'll continue to post with us! It's SO nice to see a new name here with us!!! :)

I'm copying this from an earlier post of mine. A fellow WS'er found Raven on yet another site for Alta High School. This is separate from Reunion.com and Classmates.com, so that would make it 3 that we've found ... so far:

I don't have a membership at this site so I can't see Raven's join date. But it appears that he's looking to connect with his old high school mates? (Thanks to a fellow WS'er for this find.)

Alta Alumni

Welcome Home Alumni!

The Alta Alumni Association offers all graduates the opportunity to join and utilize this site to reunite with one another and plan reunions.

Newest members...

Lindsey Briggs
Tyson Anderson
Darren Shanks
Nurel Christensen
Raven Abaroa
Jacob Smith
jamie garlick
Jacob Beuchert
Rachel Hanson
Jeff Carroll

This site has no association with the school or school district. (Hmm, so who's running this site and how did Raven find it? Maybe by searching the Web when he could have been doing something with his son? Or when he could have been creating a memorial site for Janet? Or when he could have been calling LE to ask for an update even.)

JerseyGirl said:
That's the perfect description. I was having trouble putting it into words. Had my mother said that, I would probably have chuckled and then forgotten all about it. Why did he turn that into something? I agree - the family sounds troubled for sure.

I hope you'll continue to post with us! It's SO nice to see a new name here with us!!! :)
I think you did fine with your words JerseyGirl! :) That's just the way it felt when reading it, like he wanted to pick a fight with his Mom or something. I'd have done the same thing you said, just laugh and move on, but not Raven, nope he sliced and diced her words. It's a pity he went around the internet trying to erace most of his words. Just think of all there could have been to glean info from - before he did that.

magpie said:
I think you did fine with your words JerseyGirl! :) That's just the way it felt when reading it, like he wanted to pick a fight with his Mom or something. I'd have done the same thing you said, just laugh and move on, but not Raven, nope he sliced and diced her words. It's a pity he went around the internet trying to erace most of his words. Just think of all there could have been to glean info from - before he did that.
Well, the good thing is that it shows a hint of his "mother issues" and that small statement was a teeny, tiny glimpse into his mind and the way it works. I can't even imagine what else might be in there (especially in regards to his family), and you're SO right - there was probably a gold mine of information on the Internet before Raven started dismantling everything. Luckily we got what we did before he started to remove stuff. In any case, he can erase and remove all of his sites if he wants but he won't be able to remove everything that he put on other sites. I'm convinced that there is more out there, and that we just haven't found it yet - both from before and after Janet's death.

JerseyGirl said:
CatsDogs

Raven on his pets:

"My mom says, "with a small apartment, it must be like having kids running around the house all the time. They are always there." I am not sure if there is a deeper meaning to that statement. Maybe what she meant to say was, "You kids were always running around the house when I was trying to get work done." Maybe not. Anyway, it is great to have three pets around the house all the time. Their names are Shanuk, Ashes (charcoal cat) and Lucky (short hair black cat). Lucky plays fetch and sleeps at the foot of the bed. Ashes is a very sly cat and sleeps at the head of the bed. Shanuk is just amazing and is a great companion. She sleeps outside or in the living room."
And where are these pets now? Raven where is Shanuk? The dog you said you loved so much. Where are the two cats? What happened to Ashes, Janet's cat? What happened to Lucky? Maybe he wasn't so lucky to have been in your care.

So I keep harping on the idea of why Raven has put himself all over the Internet. This might just be his way; nothing wrong with that. But there's still that lingering question about whether or not he was searching for someone specific.

I'm trying to find out class size for Alta High School back when Raven attended. I haven't found that just yet but what I did find is this:

1) Alta High School is only grades 10-12.
2) The number of students per FTE teacher is 27 in Alta as compare to the state average of 22.
3) The break-down of ethnicities in the school is listed as:
White/non-Hispanic 95%
Hispanic 2%
Asian/Pacific Islander 2%
Black/not Hispanic <1%
American Indian/Alaskan Native <1%

Apparently, the current statistics show 2,521 students amongst the 3 grades at Alta High. So it's a large school.

The next question - was Alta High always 10th-12th grades only or was 9th grade included at the school back when Raven attended?

BirdHunter said:
And where are these pets now? Raven where is Shanuk? The dog you said you loved so much. Where are the two cats? What happened to Ashes, Janet's cat? What happened to Lucky? Maybe he wasn't so lucky to have been in your care.
Do we need to add animal cruelty to the list of crimes??:mad:

momx3 said:
Alta was grades 10-12 when we went there.
Hmmm, Raven listed 1993-1997. That's four years. So either he made a mistake when entering the info or he was at the school for more than 3 years.

We've heard so much about Raven and his Internet life. Does anyone know how often Janet may have used the computer and for what purposes? Anyone that knows her - did she e-mail regularly back and forth with you? Did she use an instant messenger and chat online? If you don't want to answer publicly, feel free to pm me. I think that these answers could be important to helping us figure some things out but can understand if you don't want to be identified by others that might be reading.

JerseyGirl said:
We've heard so much about Raven and his Internet life. Does anyone know how often Janet may have used the computer and for what purposes? Anyone that knows her - did she e-mail regularly back and forth with you? Did she use an instant messenger and chat online? If you don't want to answer publicly, feel free to pm me. I think that these answers could be important to helping us figure some things out but can understand if you don't want to be identified by others that might be reading.
Janet used the computer when Raven let her use his laptop. She emailed her friends. She had a computer at work that she used more than the computer at home. She did not chat that I know of. She liked to call people more than she used the computer. She would go for walks and call me from her walks. She did not always want Raven to know who she was calling, because he did not want her to talk to certain people.

OK - you need to elaborate on this... this is good stuff. Interesting that this has never come out before. Why wouldn't Raven want Janet talking to certain people? Who and why?

BirdHunter said:
Janet used the computer when Raven let her use his laptop. She emailed her friends. She had a computer at work that she used more than the computer at home. She did not chat that I know of. She liked to call people more than she used the computer. She would go for walks and call me from her walks. She did not always want Raven to know who she was calling, because he did not want her to talk to certain people.

BirdHunter said:
I am SO sorry to hear this. This is extremely sad.

"... when Raven let her use his laptop". Did Raven really look at the laptop as HIS possession and not something that belonged to them as a family? Did he allow Janet to use it on any sort of regular basis - once a week? a couple times a week? Or was it something that he "let" her use when he felt she had earned it or something like that? There are so many possible nuances to what you are saying that I'm not sure how to take it.

I guess what I'm wondering is - how likely is it that Janet would have gone into the office that night to use the computer after Raven left for soccer? Was it a regular thing on Raven's soccer night that she would have computer time? Would she have assumed that the computer was there and have gone in there to maybe surf the Internet or send some e-mail to her friends? Did she have her own e-mail account at home or did she have to use Raven's?

Or is it possible that she was in that room paying bills or hanging up clothes? What are the possibilities for why she was in the room that night? If she wasn't allowed to use the computer or if the computer wasn't there, what else would have caused her to go in there?

Finally, Janet calling people from her walks makes me very curious as to why she felt she needed to do that. I wonder what the ramifications were if Raven were to know that she was talking to someone that he didn't approve of. I wonder who those people were. And I wonder if he checked the cell phone records to find out who she was talking to while she was out.

I'm sorry for so many questions and random thoughts, BH. Thanks so much for answering me up to this point.

It also makes me wonder...if she was ever "caught" using it without his permission...would he get angry?

Thanks for your help BH! :)

juliagoulia said:
It also makes me wonder...if she was ever "caught" using it without his permission...would he get angry?
Very good question. I wonder why he was so controlling about the laptop. Was he controlling about everything or was it just the laptop because he'd have to hide things before she could use it? I wonder if he would leave it home when he went out or if he would pack it up and take it along.

BirdHunter said:
..wow...this certainly sounds like he was super controlling.........why on earth would he "not like for her to call/message/talk to her friends ??"

..i hope that LE has also looked into her work computer for info............

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valafares
Back