Raymond Clark III

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yale grad student Annie Le's accused killer has been tossed into solitary confinement in a Connecticut jail, where he has been somber and silent, an official told the Daily News Thursday.
Raymond Clark 3rd is being held in the private unit at the New Haven Community Correctional Center for his own protection.
"He is in solitary confinement for his own safety because of the nature of his crime," Lt. John Bernard told the News. "We don't know who is out there maybe waiting to take action against him."
In his first few hours behind bars, the 24-year-old Clark has looked shell-shocked, Bernard said.
"He's just somber," Bernard added. "It's his first time in jail. This is all new to him. He hasn't cried. He hasn't said a word to anyone."
"We did a strip search of him and checked his mental state. He's in good mental state."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2009/09/17/2009-09-17_lab_tech_raymond_clark_under_arrest_in_the_murder_of_yale_student_annie_le.html#ixzz0RP3EDsTC

"He is in solitary confinement for his own safety because of the nature of his crime," Lt. John Bernard told the News. "We don't know who is out there maybe waiting to take action against him."

I hope this is a fear he will live with for the rest of his life.

Quick question...I posted a link to "Dworkin" last ngiht. Are they all with the same office? I read his lawyer was Dworkin, then these other 2 pd's show up this morning. I'm thinking they all work for the same office of the public defender? Are they all just drawn from a pull?

Sorry for this next example but I can't help but think how well known JB got with the Caylee case. Hope we're not looking at another circus here...

You know Jersey I can't answer that right at this moment but it's a very good question.

The reason I went and grabbed the above names of the public defenders is because I was listening to HLN and heard some talk about the attn he orginally had was not handling the case...

I didn't hear why.

I'm going to go look for more info on why his attn that he retained is not handling this case.

I did note he has not entered a plea. I have to go back and look at when his next court date is...

I did find it interesting that he now has public defender(s). Not of any particular note, but interesting.

I also want to know who the Prosecutor in this case will be, only because I like to go look at their record. OT: But I was impressed that Testa was working the Cantu case, he has an excellent record~ esp. with DP cases.

Many of RC's high school friends seem to remember him as being a nice guy, if a bit shy.

However, many of RCs current neighbors (although not all) describe him quite oppositely (yells at kids, keeps pit bulls locked up, etc.)

Why this discrepancy?

Leads me to wonder if perhaps RC had some recent onset of a mental health issues (such as personality, mood, or psychotic disorder). He is in his early 20s and it is known that some mh disorders begin to present in the teens/early 20s (e.g., schizo). (No, I am not a mental health clinician).

Alternatively, perhaps it is possible that he has abused drugs or alcohol, which can cause mood or personality changes, or even psychoses.

Finally, perhaps he got involved with a not-so-great group of friends. As we know, friends can influence behavior. Perhaps putting annie in her place somehow self-reinforced a tough guy image he wanted to project in order to impress his friends (only he went too far when she fought back)?

He has a tattoo on each arm, which kinda perpetuates a tough guy image (or even that he was a wannabe tough guy). But, I know... I know... people from all walks of life get tatted these days (I even have one :) ). Wonder what his tat is?

Nothing much said in the media yet about his family, upbringing (such as any exposure to domestic violence, abuse, temporary foster care, etc.) or the neighborhood he grew up in. Was the neighborhood in which he grew up suburban, urban, or rough? I do know very well that these things don't predict how someone is going to be/behave in life. Murderers/criminals come from all backgrounds as well as do professionals, etc. But knowing this may provide some perspective or insight into his character...

Of course, this is all just some thoughts, speculation, moo, and jmho...:innocent:

I have mental health issues and am not a killer. My sister who passed away was schizo and not a killer.

Please be careful not to lump in general "mental health condition" stereotypes.
People with mental health issues are not synonymous with being killers.

Also, i have several dogs and while I am at work, two are kept locked in separate cages because they are younger dogs who will get carried away play fighting and hurt themselves without supervision.
Just because people crate their dogs does not mean they are bad people, killers, mean, torturous.
In fact, most good vets recommend crate training. Crate training helps dogs learn where to go potty or not. Some dogs suffer from separation anxiety and will chew up things -- even themselves -- when they are lonely. Crates help dogs sleep, feel safe and feel a sense of "this is my bed". Many dogs love their crates and consider them their "safe place" for when their owners are away from them.

Just because people crate their dogs does not mean they are bad people, killers, mean, torturous.
In fact, most good vets recommend crate training. Many dogs love their crates and consider them their "safe place" for when their owners are away from them.

I agree, crate training can be effective and is often recommended. I guess the line to be drawn here is between the right and the wrong way to do it.

I don't figure we'll find out any time soon whether or not RC was a responsible pet owner. In my imagination, he wasn't, because valuing animal life and not valuing human life seems like an impossible contradiction to me.

However, I know it's not impossible at all -- several killers have had pets, and some have treated their pets well.

But I'm guessing (guessing) the majority are cruel to animals, cruelty to animals being one of the first recognizable hallmarks to a sadistic personality.

general question if anyone knows (in response to video):

do they always shut down cross streets when they've arrested a murderer? those cops had a nice clear street to drive down ... I'm not complaining at all, just curious

I was thinking it was for his safety;high profile brings out all kinds.

I have mental health issues and am not a killer. My sister who passed away was schizo and not a killer.

Please be careful not to lump in general "mental health condition" stereotypes.
People with mental health issues are not synonymous with being killers.

Also, i have several dogs and while I am at work, two are kept locked in separate cages because they are younger dogs who will get carried away play fighting and hurt themselves without supervision.
In fact, most good vets recommend crate training. Crate training helps dogs learn where to go potty or not. Some dogs suffer from separation anxiety and will chew up things -- even themselves -- when they are lonely. Crates help dogs sleep, feel safe and feel a sense of "this is my bed". Many dogs love their crates and consider them their "safe place" for when their owners are away from them.

Anyone reading the post CAREFULLY, will see that I'm just speculating about apparent discrepancy in his behavior from high school to now. I did not say anywhere that people with mental health issues are killers. I do know what you are saying all too well, I'm well versed in social and social science issues. As I indicated at the bottom of my theory, it is all just speculation, opinion, etc. And in addition, I included a lot of caveats in my theory. It shouldn't be taken personally by anyone, sorry that you took it as such. Here's hoping you and your sister are doing well. Peace be unto you :)

Does anyone know, or has anyone read, anything about his family life? Are his parents still together...or divorced? If divorced, when did they split? Are they still in the picture? Are they close with their children? This is just an idea but I'm trying to find if something changed in his personal life (on a large scale) between the time he ended hs up til now.

Wondering why Dworski quit?

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2181019/raymond_clark_lawyered_up_dna_tests.html?cat=9

"Clark appeared in court with two public defenders who were new to the case. A private-practice attorney who had represented him during the investigation did not attend the hearing and said Thursday he no longer represents Clark. The attorney declined to give a reason."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090917/ap_on_re_us/us_yale_killing
My guess would be the question of payment. Clark presumably would have to come up with the money to pay for a lawyer in private practice. Whereas public defenders would not charge him if he doesn't have money to pay.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back