Raymond Clark III

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
candice delong...........5 days after then found, a person had to be there and knew exactly where to hide a body, someone knew her, intimate killing and not premeditated??

Cyril Wecht says easy to strangle........not hard at all.....sexual, out of hand.......DNA and trace evidence will tell the story

Police Monitoring Raymond Clark's Cromwell Motel

Police Outside Super 8 Motel

http://www.wfsb.com/news/20953818/detail.html

LE is going to be right on this guy till an arrest warrant is signed. I bet they have a judge on standby.

From the article:

"Le had been missing since Tuesday, when she was last captured by some of the school's 70-plus surveillance cameras entering the lab."

So what this article is saying is that she is seen entering the lab, but never exiting it? Was her body found in that wall in the same lab? Are there ways of exiting the lab without being seen? Was the person of interest seen going in or out of the same lab around the same time? What about other people? Did they go in and out at the same time? Is that part of the school usually empty that time of day?

From the article:

"Le had been missing since Tuesday, when she was last captured by some of the school's 70-plus surveillance cameras entering the lab."

So what this article is saying is that she is seen entering the lab, but never exiting it? Was her body found in that wall in the same lab? Are there ways of exiting the lab without being seen? Was the person of interest seen going in or out of the same lab around the same time? What about other people? Did they go in and out at the same time? Is that part of the school usually empty that time of day?

The below linked article spells out the clearest I've seen yet on what RC's movements may have been. But it's also not an official statement from LE.

http://www.courant.com/news/connect...-le-raymond-clark-yale-slaying,0,857789.story

What is the normal protocol for the mice? Do the grad students/researchers normally go down to where they are housed and retrieve them for whatever test they are administering to them for that day? Or do the animal techs bring the mice to the lab?

What is the normal protocol for the mice? Do the grad students/researchers normally go down to where they are housed and retrieve them for whatever test they are administering to them for that day? Or do the animal techs bring the mice to the lab?

The animal techs almost never need to bring the mice to the lab. But the researchers can either take the mice to lab and conduct studies there, or administer simple tests (e.g. drug injection or blood drawing) right at the animal facility.

Some of my thoughts, after reading this thread:

- he may have formed a strange attachment to the lab rats
- he appears to have been somewhat out of control with female relationships (pushing himself on an ex-girlfriend and if the 2006 Facebook printscreen is actually his)
- the above suggests two possible motives, sex and confrontation related to the treatment of his lab rats, or, a combination of both, forming a nasty stew of emotions with the most potent spice being the upcoming wedding.

-Nursebeeme's excellent "swiping" factor above seems to demonstrate a rushing about and panic as well as a common "swipe" right into the crime scene room...then silence on L's swipe card, and somewhat of a panic motion on his swipe card.

-Chanler, in post 106 states: "One imagines that he was nervously prowling to see if traces of his crime had been discussed and perhaps hiding, relocating, or retrieving evidence of his crime."

(I am inclined to accept that concept as well, for now)

I do believe that he may have formed some strange "Willard" relationship with his mice, though, as I have mentioned above. That, mixed with all of the other considerations noted, may have created a strange and mezmerizing broth of nasties that motivated him to act in a non-premeditated frenzy.

IMO, from what I have read and viewed tonight in this thread only and from what I have heard and read in the news, NG, etc. I sincerely appreciate the information offered in this thread, and I really believe that much of the offerings are fantastic, especially nursebeeme's swipe post. :woohoo:

PS - ONE last "subjective" thought...every time I see him in the back of LE's vehicle, with his head pushed back, eyes wide open, I see the expression of an individual who is saying to himself: "What did I do to myself? My life is OVER; I am completely F - - - - d!

The animal techs almost never need to bring the mice to the lab. But the researchers can either take the mice to lab and conduct studies there, or administer simple tests (e.g. drug injection or blood drawing) right at the animal facility.

So, if the student/researcher takes the mice/mouse to the lab, do they take the cage they are housed in or remove the mouse and place them in another "housing" to transport them to the lab?

But disappearing for a day or two right off would have aroused suspicion even if he returned. It has been reported that his behavior and appearance did change to some extent. Of course being a control freak or a psycho doesn't make someone a murderer, but most murderers have issue with control and have some type of mental defect. Prisons are full of sociopaths and narcissists. Not any one thing will make this guy look guilty, but an entire puzzle put together will.

This makes more sense to me than anything. Because what I am picking up from reading neighbor's accounts of RC and his GF is domestic violence.

http://www.newhavenregister.com/

there is a dna match... arrest near

As was mentioned on CNN's Anderson Cooper, strangulation is a classical method of this sort of spur of the moment non-premeditated crime, "unplanned, hands on strangulation...going for the victim's throat" (Candice DeLong quote) action.

A whole lot of fingernail and neck DNA will evidently help to close this case efficiently.

Really sounds to me like a classic case of unpremeditated murder.

IMO

Thanks bee!

But he texted Annie to be there to discuss an impt matter re: the lab mice. So, isn't it premeditated?

So, if the student/researcher takes the mice/mouse to the lab, do they take the cage they are housed in or remove the mouse and place them in another "housing" to transport them to the lab?
That depends. Because mice are so tiny, some facilities may allow the whole cage be taken away.

But he texted Annie to be there to discuss an impt matter re: the lab mice. So, isn't it premeditated?

Perhaps he texted her for two possible reasons besides murder (as you suggest):
- to confront her about the lab rats
- to have sex with her before she was married
- or, both of the above

None of the above relate in any way to a charge of pre-meditated murder, of course.

It didn't go his way, either way, so the frenzy begins...an emotional overload and a brain crash?

This is where pre-meditation, IMO, is quashed completely. He probably did not intend to kill her, for goodness sakes he had marriage plans a year later, he had a reasonable job, he looks clean cut (not like some depressed street wanderer). He simply blew it. His plans got all screwed up, and he reacted, without premeditation.

IMO, I agree that premeditation remains a possibility, but if I was a betting guy, I bet that it was not premeditated. Perhaps it was premeditated confronting of someone to work out a problem (treatment of the animals in the lab or having sexual relations prior to her very approximate wedding), but that has nothing to do with premeditation relative to murder.

This is not meant to talk down to anyone...only inform...premeditation can be formed in as little as 3 seconds. If Annie was strangled like we're being told she was, then she didn't die immediately, right? The perp could have started strangling her but she probably didn't die right away, so the perp continued with Annie probably fighting & clawing back. This in and of itself is proof of premeditation of intent to murder. It doesn't matter if it was spur of the moment when it started or not. The fact that a fight ensued, which is obvious, shows premeditation. Might not have started out that way, but somewhere along the way it came up. This is without a doubt premeditation that any prosecutor will eat up and prove in a court of law.

Any law takers on here right now? This is how I learned it from my ex...who happens to be a Sgt Det, among other things...

But if we use premeditated to mean that he invited her to the lab for the purposes of killing her, I kind of doubt that's what he had in mind. I think it was more a "crime of passion" kind of thing.

I completely agree. Maybe this helps to explain it better. We don't know if he deliberated and planned this confrontation that led to murder, therefore defining your classic definition of "premeditation". It could have happened as the result of a spur of the moment action which resulted in a struggle, one in which Annie fought back. During the time Annie fought back, the perp obviously had to fight yet again back with Annie...therefore showing a prosecutor that they could "prove premeditation" for the simple fact he fought her back and she died. She didn't die right away when he was strangling her...no way...not saying it couldn't happen, but if all the reports are true, Annie suffered and she more than likely suffered greatly. The time it takes to do that shows premeditation. Again, only takes mere seconds. That's what I mean. It allows a prosecutor to "prove" premeditation, I guess I used a bad choice of words? Hugs...J

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TRussell
Back