Raymond Clark III

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But, I guess I can't help but think about the surroundings. Other students who could come in, or other animal techs on duty. Too controlled of an area with so many other people who were clocked in or at work? I guess I'm thinking that the window of opportunity was slim and small, and whatever transpired happened very quickly.

I agree. I think it all went down in a flash, and then he freaked out, trying to find a place to stash the body. I'm not even sure it was premeditated. He may have planned for some kind of confrontation, but I don't know if he thought it would end up with her being dead.

His actions at the time of the crime and after make me think it's more an impulsive thing than something premeditated. Otherwise, he's just an awful planner.

I agree. I think it all went down in a flash, and then he freaked out, trying to find a place to stash the body. I'm not even sure it was premeditated. He may have planned for some kind of confrontation, but I don't know if he thought it would end up with her being dead.

His actions at the time of the crime and after make me think it's more an impulsive thing than something premeditated. Otherwise, he's just an awful planner.

Yes! Freaked out. Good term. But what in the hades pushes someone's buttons to the point of murder? :waitasec: I think of blind rage. That point of no return. Was this something that had been building up over time?

Clark seems not to have planned his crime with forethought: He might have confused investigators if he had taken this poor woman's card after he strangled her and swiped it elsewhere in the building.

As it was, he apparently entered or left the building ten times that day [I heard this on the local news; I have no link], including after hours. And according to the Courant article, he went into other areas where it was unusual to go. One imagines that he was nervously prowling to see if traces of his crime had been discussed and perhaps hiding, relocating, or retrieving evidence of his crime.

Seeing Annie Le's stunning smile and reading of her promise makes this murder all the more poignant.

Yes! Freaked out. Good term. But what in the hades pushes someone's buttons to the point of murder? :waitasec: I think of blind rage. That point of no return. Was this something that had been building up over time?

He has a history of poor impulse control, if the news reports are anything to go by. Maybe he's been getting worked up over her impending nuptials, and when he has this big confrontation with her, everything goes to h*ll in a hand basket?

I've known a few somewhat unstable guys who would get these elaborate things built up in their mind about how THEY were the right guy for whatever girl they were obsessed with, and they did everything in their power to sabotage the girl's relationship with her boyfriend/husband. Some cases ended up with the guy acting on these long-stewed-over impulses, as in trying to physically and/or verbally "convince" the girl he was better for her. Bad stuff happened.

We should also be reminded that he is innocent until proven guilty. This is why the media should not be fed so much information so early in the investigation. It leads to tunnel vision, and a lynch mob mentality.

If he had murdered her, I would have expected him to have disappeared for a day or so soon after, but then return so not to arouse any suspicion. Did he attend all of his scheduled appointments, classes, etc...? Also, killing a person changes someone's behavior, so people would have noticed that. An old neighbor saying he was a control freak or psycho doesn't make him a murderer. I know lots of people who fit that description who would never resort to murder.

I read today -- think in the Hartford Courant, but could have been abcnews.com -- that he missed two softball games, one last Tuesday and one last Thursday, but attended on Sunday and seemed normal.

he also was seen by a neighbor, after her body was found, leaving his apartment with tons of luggage. The neighbor thought he was moving out

But for the fact, that out of the many, many people who have been interviewed/questioned, RC remains the one person who they requested search warrants for. To me, that speaks volumes to the evidence at hand.

But for the fact, that out of the many, many people who have been interviewed/questioned, RC remains the one person who they requested search warrants for. To me, that speaks volumes to the evidence at hand.

Yes, exactly. And you always have to look pretty hard at the last person known to see the victim alive. They've got physical proof of his whereabouts due to the card swipes and cameras.

If someone I had just been talking to ended up dead half an hour later, I'd be SURE law enforcement would be looking hard at my motives and my whereabouts.

We should also be reminded that he is innocent until proven guilty. This is why the media should not be fed so much information so early in the investigation. It leads to tunnel vision, and a lynch mob mentality.

If he had murdered her, I would have expected him to have disappeared for a day or so soon after, but then return so not to arouse any suspicion. Did he attend all of his scheduled appointments, classes, etc...? Also, killing a person changes someone's behavior, so people would have noticed that. An old neighbor saying he was a control freak or psycho doesn't make him a murderer. I know lots of people who fit that description who would never resort to murder.

so far you are the only one I have read who has said anything like this.
It's so sad , no matter who or how you look at it....some one did this awful thing..........but he just looks like anybody's kid......I have found myself wishing that it wasn't him......that he was framed or something.........but then.......again,,,,,,,,,,someone resorted to snuffing out a beautiful life.....and in the process.....their own........so sad....whoever it was.......

I hope I don't get beat up on for feeling this way .........I don't think I will but......

But disappearing for a day or two right off would have aroused suspicion even if he returned. It has been reported that his behavior and appearance did change to some extent. Of course being a control freak or a psycho doesn't make someone a murderer, but most murderers have issue with control and have some type of mental defect. Prisons are full of sociopaths and narcissists. Not any one thing will make this guy look guilty, but an entire puzzle put together will.

It's the information-technology era, and this is happening in more and more cases. But, it's not all bad as the internet and all of the people on it can help solve crimes or get information out sooner or more quickly when someone is missing.
If it were not for all the media, perhaps he or whomever murdered Annie would be getting away with it.
Think about cases like even Adam Walsh. If this much information accessibility was available back then, maybe Adam and thousands of others could have been found more quickly and not have been murdered or disappeared with no info whatsoever.

anyhoo, to answer your question... i read that he came back into the work building after hours on Tuesday night and that he missed several days of work. I cannot find the links at the moment, so I am not 100% certain this is true. Would love it to be verified though.

I am so curious as to whether his relatives or gf were also working that day. Were they there? We haven't heard about that, have we? Or how many other animal techs were on duty at the same time? Or how many other grad students, were there? If not at the same time, were there any there after the alarm? Throughout that afternoon?

You know, I see alot of people posting on crime that like to point out that certain information doesn't mean someone is a criminal and isn't relevant. But I look at it this way. Being a boy scout leader or baseball coach doesn't make anyone a criminal. But if the scout leader or coach turns out to be a molester or child killer, the fact they chose to be a scout leader or coach is very relevant! Every part of a criminals life contributes to the person they are.

nice guy, class clown.....earlier days
now apt people said he had a girlfriend and a dog, that's it
so he changed ..........

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member