Raymond Clark III

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LAB JANITOR is how they describe him..You bet if he knew he would be livid! :)

But, I bet they found something under Annie's nails. Or spittle droplet residue on her face or head or shirt from the perpetrator.

Pat Brown believes he is a stalker type but other shrink says her motive is wild spec..It could be as simple as she caught him stealing..Sorry! Do not think so!

Maybe it wasn't premeditated? Maybe this was one last ditch effort to confess his love and things escalated fast. I can't see a sane person accessing a secure building to kill someone when he could have tracked her elsewhere. We don't know what the murder weapon was, but stuffing her in the wall, etc. Speaks of opportunity. Was it confirmed she was in a red bag? Because that could be a bag used for the disposal of animals that might have been exposed to hazardous materials.

Maybe it is animal-related, but wow. What kind of issues must you have to take a compulsion so far? I really have to think this is feelings-related.

Maybe it wasn't premeditated? Maybe this was one last ditch effort to confess his love and things escalated fast. I can't see a sane person accessing a secure building to kill someone when he could have tracked her elsewhere. We don't know what the murder weapon was, but stuffing her in the wall, etc. Speaks of opportunity. Was it confirmed she was in a red bag? Because that could be a bag used for the disposal of animals that might have been exposed to hazardous materials.

Maybe it is animal-related, but wow. What kind of issues must you have to take a compulsion so far? I really have to think this is feelings-related.

Totally agree.
He could've killed her outside of work if it was premeditated.... why risk being tracked throughout the building and stuffing her behind a wall like a rag doll :furious:

Ya know, he was a cute guy and worked at Yale, engaged to be married ... I just don't get it. Why did he do it and why poor Annie? She had so much going for her and was about to be married.
Makes no sense why he did this.

Some of the online newspapers for Conn & Yale sais yesterday, that he worked in Rochester NY and then came back to Yale. Sounds like he had some education behind him ?

Didn't Annie attend college in Rochester? When was he in Rochester? Any chance they might have met then?

Karen, could you give a link, please.

I am on the fence between he had a secret "thing" for her and he was just pizzled at the grad students in general. He was the caretaker of the mice, and they were doing the research. Mad about his station in life compared to theirs?

Totally agree.
He could've killed her outside of work if it was premeditated.... why risk being tracked throughout the building and stuffing her behind a wall like a rag doll :furious:
quote]
respectfully snipped and bolded.

ITA. In my opinion this was a spur of the moment crime. Something made him go into a blind rage. I also am thinking that rape figures into this.

He texts her to meet him and swipes into the main door than into the basement.. than into another room in the basement. He swipes into that room after her. Could he have asked her to meet him in a specific place? She never left that room. Could he have confronted her about the mice/cages and she said something that set him into a rage... like, "you are just the cleaning boy" or something like that as he strikes me as a very angry, intense, and controlling person that, even tho he is a mouse janitor, he considers himself on the same plane as the phd students in his mind... most likely jealous...most likely harbors resentment toward them because he is not at their level.. It makes him snap and he grabs her necklace and twists.

just thoughts....

here is the article that talks about where he swiped in the building:
Computer records show that lab technician Raymond Clark III, a "person of interest" in the slaying of Yale graduate student Annie Le, was the last person to see her alive, a law-enforcement source told The Courant today.

Investigators traced Le's and Clark's movements through their computerized swipe cards, said the source, who is familiar with the investigation. Le entered the Yale laboratory at 10 Amistad St. at about 10 a.m. on Sept. 8. She passed through a basement lab area moments later. Then she swiped her way into a separate room of that lab.

Clark entered that same room a short time later
, the source said, citing the computer records. Le was never seen again and her card was never used again.

Clark had moved around the laboratory area quite a bit that day, including entering rooms that he normally would not expected to be in, the source said.

Clark also swiped into another area -- the place where Le's body was eventually found after five days, stuffed into a 2-foot crawl space behind a wall.

http://www.courant.com/news/connect...-le-raymond-clark-yale-slaying,0,857789.story

Animosity towards "Ivy League brats" may be a factor, especially if he had been snubbed by Annie and/or other grad students in the past.

Could it be that this was a guy that bonded with his mice in a way that's more than clinically normal? Maybe a mental illness manifested itself into some kind of Secret of NIMH-esque fixation?

Maybe Annie was the only one that reacted to his...concerns...in a constructive way and, ironically, it made her a target. It was about more than the mice. Maybe he saw the researchers as elitist, unfeeling snobs and the treatment of his "friends" was the ball that started rolling downhill.

I still think it was an unrequited thing like I said a couple posts ago, but I could see mental illness exacerbating an issue that existed about animal care.

Animosity towards "Ivy League brats" may be a factor, especially if he had been snubbed by Annie and/or other grad students in the past.

I am so leaning towards this right now. I think, imo, that it will come out that she wasn't raped/sexually assaulted.

I am on the fence between he had a secret "thing" for her and he was just pizzled at the grad students in general. He was the caretaker of the mice, and they were doing the research. Mad about his station in life compared to theirs?

I'm starting to think, crocus, that it was BOTH. I've seen mention that RC was an honor student in high school. Maybe he's simultaneously envious of the academic career Le has had, resentful of those with higher education who have higher status than he does, dissatisfied with his low-paying, low-status job, and very much sexually attracted to Le.

If all this is true (as i kinda expect it is) - then its unreal to me that he isnt inside a jailcell. "in and out 10 times" - do some stats on him for the past week and see if thats the same pattern if not - then you should be able to lift it in court, while you wait on DNA.

They say that hes not a threat to anyone else - maybe so, but he is a threat to himself, nomatter how many UC officers watching him they cannot prevent him from taking his own life - which would be a very very likely option for a perp to do facing the attention of this crime.

And that MUST not happen.

Bolded by me.

With all due respect: (If he is guilty) it would save taxpayers a lot of money and time if he did take his own life.

I'm starting to think, crocus, that it was BOTH. I've seen mention that RC was an honor student in high school. Maybe he's simultaneously envious of the academic career Le has had, resentful of those with higher education who have higher status than he does, dissatisfied with his low-paying, low-status job, and very much sexually attracted to Le.

But, I guess I can't help but think about the surroundings. Other students who could come in, or other animal techs on duty. Too controlled of an area with so many other people who were clocked in or at work? I guess I'm thinking that the window of opportunity was slim and small, and whatever transpired happened very quickly.

Has anyone found if he ever ettended Yale? I'm sort of wondering if he applied but was denied...yet was only worthy to work with their animal services dept. Could he have followed her from Rochester? How could that be if he has family that already worked at Yale? Is there a deeper connection?

Does anybody know what kind of money animal techs make? It seems there different "grades" of animal techs?

One our guests that is not registered yet sent me this link to post. I do not know if it is already posted but am posting anyway:
Ex-Girlfriend “Shocked” About Annie Le Target
According to a 2003 police report obtained by the Independent earlier this week, she told police he forced her to have sex with him and he “confronted” her, when against his wishes, she sought to end the relationship. However, she declined to press charges. She is not to be confused with the suspect’s fiancee, who lives in Middletown.
http://www.newhavenindependent.org/archives/2009/09/alleged_annie_l.php

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog
Back