RDI Theories & Discussion ONLY!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Teresa, thank you for your thoughts. Hope you’re feelin’ better. My understanding in speaking to defense lawyers is that, “I don’t remember exactly,” is a perfectly acceptable response in an interview. However, like you, I can recall traumatic events with crystal clarity. The Rs’ responses were, imo, so frequently beyond belief in uncertainty and contradictory recollections. And when details do occur, they are questionable. Here’s one from DOI:

My Twinn dolls were created with their eyes open. From the My Twinn doll website: Your doll’s eyes are the best in the world, created to look realistic, with eyelashes individually cut and fit to each eye. Such high quality and lifelike features are not possible with doll eyes that open and close.

Yet here’s how PR and JR remember the My Twinn doll story. JR tells the story of the My Twinn doll and JonBenet's rejection of it like this: "Patsy shrugged, then examined the doll in the box and gave a shudder. Leaning toward me, she whispered, 'J, this doll lying in the box with her blond hair spread out and eyes closed -- my gosh, it looks like a child in a casket! It kind of gives me the creeps.'” The fact that PR and JR mention, even emphasize the look of the doll with closed eyes . . . I find creepy! All MHO.

Been thinking about SBTC, The Unabomber Manifesto was published in 1995, right?

Giving John Ramsey's business, the manifesto and the danger of UNA would be known to John.

I wonder if there are any similarities between the manifesto and this ransom note.

How anyone can look at this horrible crime and think some unknown intruder(s) killed JBR is beyond me. I don't know if it was planned or not but a Ramsey is responsible for this crime and if it had been the run of the mill family and not millonaires they would be in prison as we speak. IMO

Been thinking about SBTC, The Unabomber Manifesto was published in 1995, right?

Giving John Ramsey's business, the manifesto and the danger of UNA would be known to John.

I wonder if there are any similarities between the manifesto and this ransom note.
The phrases “a group of individuals” and “a small foreign faction” as well as the SBTC signature bear similarity to the phrase, "We are an anarchist group calling ourselves FC.” FC was an “anarchist group” invented by a guy named Ted Kaczynski - the Unabomber. The Unabomber (FC) was a major case for the FBI, and one of the first to bring profilers and profiling to the general public’s attention. Originally posted here: http://tinyurl.com/l5j7787 Part 2 of a 4 part IDI, as part 2 of a 4 part IDI “Speculative Piece.”

This is an RDi thread, so if you want to discuss this than maybe it would be best to post on the thread linked to.

AK

I think the suggestion is that someone in the home staged it to look like the work of the Unabomber, not that he did it. I could possibly see someone being inspired by the Unabomber when staging a crime scene - make it seem like some unknown, far-off nut with ideas only he understands. But it doesn't really fit.

Hi questfortrue,

Better but tired. I haven't eaten much since Friday morning. Did get a good shower today and it was wonderful. Yep, the Ramseys don't feel right. Parents, Mom's even more, don't forget things big and little about their kids. Especially when something bad happens to their babies. The casket comment was creepy. I can't imagine a parent thinking this! If it did, I know I would get it out of the box pronto. Probably set it up with fun Christmas toys and play dolls with my little girl. Guilt isn't found by a feeling but it is huge red flag to go over evidence with an alert eye.

I think the suggestion is that someone in the home staged it to look like the work of the Unabomber, not that he did it. I could possibly see someone being inspired by the Unabomber when staging a crime scene - make it seem like some unknown, far-off nut with ideas only he understands. But it doesn't really fit.

Ultimately I am wondering if the Unabomber's manifesto might be an inspiration for the ransom letter. Especially since it came out a year before and it would be fresh in one's mind.

John Ramsey would be the type of target that Ted K would look to. From an RDI perspective, someone like Ted very well could be the type of "enemy" that the Ramsey's were thinking about when writing the ransom note.

Ultimately I am wondering if the Unabomber's manifesto might be an inspiration for the ransom letter. Especially since it came out a year before and it would be fresh in one's mind.

John Ramsey would be the type of target that Ted K would look to. From an RDI perspective, someone like Ted very well could be the type of "enemy" that the Ramsey's were thinking about when writing the ransom note.

I could see the argument that JR was inspired by it, but I don't see how he'd be the type of target Ted K went after. He wasn't after money and his resentment was towards industrialization, not just wealth. He didn't target children or commit sexual crimes, and certainly never entered someone's home - he was at distant as possible. It was never all that personal - it was about society at large. Unlike whoever wrote the ransom note, who has some weird fixation on this family. I guess JR's involvement in computers could have made him a target, but it really doesn't go at all. If it was staged to look like some nut who wanted to destroy the wealthy, it was oddly personal.

Landonsmom said it all, so succinctly.

Just reading this thread I was thinking, besides the 2 books the Rs wrote, there should be a 3rd. After all, what transpired was ne plus ultra in planning.
Title it A little manifesto for, uh, moving on with one’s life after a domestic homicide

Beating the rap:

Engage lawyers immediately before autopsy

Get out of town as soon as possible, well at least after school year

Make sure everyone in family understands to keep their mouths shut, forever—r-r-

Avoid interviews with police for as long as possible

Don’t avoid opportunities to show religious character and take advantage of friendly tv media for convincing public

Hire your own handwriting analysts, criminal profiler and lie detector professionals

Attack media for publishing stories about an underage male who can't be prosecuted

Make sure DA gets the message from criminal attorneys that "Bad stuff" will occur if family is indicted. No horse head in bed, but your attorneys will know what to say

After statute of limitations has passed:

Have great litigator threaten DA with a lawsuit

Keep drum beat going about the evil intruder

Simultaneously sweet talk new DA (Easy to charm. She was enamored with family wealth and power, no?) (Include little guy in Taiwan in prayers for sneezing on Bloomies)

Make sure the MSM gets the message your family has been exonerated

Keep your criminal lawyer on stand-by, just in case, but no need to really worry

Kick back into new life, with new wife. Drama behind you

JMHO and interpretation

Hello all from a WS newbie. Not much a JBR case newbie as I've been reading all I can online about it for years, watching the movies, the documentaries, trying to get all the info I can.
So I figured I'd just point out the most glaring things that to me said RDI from the start and as I really don't have a theory I thought this was the best place to gather my ideas, knowing of course that most of you have a deep knowledge of the case that I'll never achieve and for that I thank you for all your most interesting posts on discussing it.
(OT but I feel i have to explain, these are just all MOO and due to the fact that some medication I'm still on messes with my brain / memory, please forgive me for not remembering some investigators names and for not being able to provide links )
So as I said, I'm RDI. I think either PR or BR did the headblow and JR helped in the "cover-up ".
So I'm trying to make sense here
- JBR favorite snack was pineapple, a bowl with it was on the kitchen counter and pieces were found on her stomach during the autopsy, meaning, she was awake and well enough to eat after arriving home that night.
- Something happens and she's hit in the head. Why, by whom (PR or BR ) I don't know. But I believe that resulted her in getting unconscious, unresponsive, looking dead. Person panics and calls JR (if he wasn't already there ). The head wound was not visible but the situation is: ok we (someone ) killed her, now what?! Calling 911 wasn't an option for sure. Maybe calling someone else (no phone records from that night available to this day ).
- the rough plan sets, an IDI. BR is ordered to get to his room and go to bed, parents business now.
- Neighbor's noticed that night for the very first time since the R's moved there, the sunroom light is off and there's lights moving around (IMO flashlight ). You can't just go around doing "shady " things at night with lights on, especially if you later mean to claim you were sleeping and noticed nothing.
- Obvious place to conceal things and do things "unnoticed " ,the basement.
- I don't know if JBR was actually being molested prior death or if the "staging molestation " thing was just a part of the "IDI plan ". I'm inclined to think PR harsh cleaning JBR private parts were obviously known by Dr. Beuf (hope I'm not misspelling ) and that was to cover it + again, straight the IDI did it claim.
- redressing + size 12. Either PR told JR to get a fresh pair of panties from upstairs and of course he's a guy he wouldn't know the difference, or if PR fetched them because they were new and shockingly the only pair that didn't had urine or fecal matter stains on it. ( what's totally baffling when, as so many of you said before, they were wealthy they could just buy new underwear for JBR to wear every day ) .So they needed to redress her at least to stick to the story that she went to bed that night (also for her not to be found with old stained underwear, PR wouldn't want that to be known IMHO ).
- garrote, would obviously straighten the IDI especially if it was a molester and a foreign faction. If the perpetrator noticed she was actually alive before, I don't know.
So skipping to the ransom note, how can anyone say PR isn't the author, I don't understand. From the writing to the wording, really! And to me that provides many clues especially why the body was found inside the house: for proper burial. Open casket and all ( sorry if I'm sounding too mean or graphic ).
- JR was clever enough to have a bath and redress that morning and either Patsy wasn't or she didn't had time (I think the latter ),they had a "deadline " to wake up since they were flying that morning and were expected at the airport .
-ransom note saying: don't alert the authorities, but PR isn't worried about asking LE to lay low and asks all the friends to come in. Time that the "kidnappers " are supposed to call passes and no one says a thing.
-FBI are called and say: you'll find her body. That to me means they're experienced and good, not clairvoyant.
So many obvious things (to me ) that RDI...
Sorry in advance if my post is kinda... jumbled.

- RSBM -
So many obvious things (to me ) that RDI...
Sorry in advance if my post is kinda... jumbled.

Thank you for your post, Aynia, and my post is also "kinda. . .jumbled." :)

Like a few others here who have confessed to this, I believed originally in an intruder. This was before studying this case and reading the Schiller-PMPT, ST- IRMI, JK-FF. BDI was the most difficult for me; easier to think JB's death meant the actions of the parents rather than that a child could 'go off the rails' and also be involved. After Kolar's book, I saw the evidence mounting towards BR's involvement. And BR's post homicide behavior was unusual, and this according to Dr, Judianne Densen-Gerber, a lawyer and psychiatrist. (Go to the memorial service clip in JonBenet's America on Youtube and watch the family as they leave the church. BR walks through an aisle formed by the parishioners who were lined up to shield the family from the press, and he is smirking. Of course, one could say he's just a kid having a good time. But the behavior weird to me.) I now see all three Rs involved in JB's death, from both behavior and forensic evidence.

Also, there's something else which niggles just beyond my grasp. Remember the article from DA Garnett pertaining to un-exonerating the Rs? http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_24395398/boulder-das-jonben-eacute-t-ramsey-case-lessons Later Carol McKinley mentioned in an podcast that she believed from her dialogue with Garnett that he would really like to try the case if they turned up evidence to allow a sufficiently strong prosecution. (IOW, not just circumstantial.) This inference meant, imo, that if taken to court it would be for the only still living adult in the household - JR. This also would suggest it could only go to court for a charge without a statute of limitations. I recall that the H law firm still lists JR as an active client. And Kolar puts considerable focus on contradictory information which was furnished by JR. No one says anything directly or openly, but I just get a sense there are suspicions on both the part of the current DA and Chief Kolar.

Regards the GJ decision, a snippet from JD book Law and Disorder. Both JD and Lou Smit were permitted to make presentations to the GJ. JD revealed this (likely inappropriate since it's revealing GJ material): I recall one member (of the GJ) asking me something like, "What if we told you there was evidence that two people were involved in this crime?" JD responded, "I've investigated and testified in cases in which I thought there were two people involved," I replied, "But I don't see it here. . . . Go with your evidence."

MHO, but anyone besides me who's burnt a dinner knows that you can run the fan and spray the Febreze air freshener, and there is still a scent. With all of the misinformation in this case, there is still a scent of something people have tried to cover up. And of course at the heart of this, is still the victim - a little girl's life destroyed.

All JMHO

I just watched Jonbenet's America. I dont want to believe these people killed(or covered for someone who did) but to me its obvious they are lying. They know. This is JMO and if they didnt then they should have cooperated with the police. Thats one of the biggest reasons they were under that "umbrella of suspicion". They would not come forward and help

Qft: the fact that Kolar built a whole chapter into his book recapping info about JR sets off my hinky meter. Also JK stated he also thinks this case is still prosecutable. There is no one else to look at other than JR or a new suspect.

Qft: the fact that Kolar built a whole chapter into his book recapping info about JR sets off my hinky meter. Also JK stated he also thinks this case is still prosecutable. There is no one else to look at other than JR or a new suspect.
Yes! And while it may have seemed as though I was simply commenting on the obvious :) (blame my disjointed effort), my intent was more to look at the Grand Juror's comment to JD as far as the evidence of two people involved in JB's death and juxtapose that against the later actions and comments from DA Garnett and from Kolar.

Since we know from the True Bill what charges the GJ selected, and we also have 'chewed' this over in the Statutes section applying to the crime, it seems as though Kolar would not have trained his eyes on JR and BR, nor would Garnett even have suggested something to Carol McKinley about needing more evidence to take this to court, if both of them weren't still including JR as a candidate for prosecution. MSM and the intruder aside!

Garnett also made the legally correct (read politically correct - everyone's presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law) statements in his editorial piece that he doesn't know what action he might have taken (read he wouldn't have hidden the TB in a safe and he wouldn't have given the Rs a public 'exoneration').

So, mulling over Garnett's take, and considering Kolar's theory, it simply seems as though the combination of PR and BR is the more unlikely combination. Again juxtaposing the Grand Juror's comments of two people.

One hearsay 'hint' from Linda Wilcox (past housekeeper) regards that RN and JR's involvement: "I can see it in my mind. She's sitting there. We need paper, we need a note. He's dictating and she's doing. Like he's almost snapping his fingers. . .That is not her language. But the essence of her is there, like the percentages '99% chance' and '100% chance'. that is how she talked because of her cancer . . ." (PMPT)

I've often wondered if PR was in 'acting form' when, through her valium-addled, horror-stricken mind, she said, "You know," Patsy said quietly to Pam, as if she were telling someone for the first time, "they've killed my baby." Pam noticed that Patsy used the word they. (PMPT) My :twocents:, she wasn't referencing "the foreign faction."

JMHO

I believe that in the four months between the murder J&P were well trained in what verbiage to use. The note said foreign faction, so the attorneys made them refer to the murderer as "they". I'm sure each of their stories was rehearsed 100 times, and the Rs were corrected every time they didn't use a plural to refer to the killer. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe that in the four months between the murder J&P were well trained in what verbiage to use. The note said foreign faction, so the attorneys made them refer to the murderer as "they". I'm sure each of their stories was rehearsed 100 times, and the Rs were corrected every time they didn't use a plural to refer to the killer. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I can't speak to the manner in which the Rs were coached by attorneys, PR's statement to Pam (seamstress of costumes for JB) occurred on the afternoon of December 27, before PR's consultation with attorneys. PR was heavily dosed on valium at the time. Only 2 choices of course - either continuing a performance about the FF who kidnapped and killed JB, or she let something slip. Several times, and some time after this, the Rs referenced a monster or killer, and did not use the plural form.

But I do agree that with attorneys' help, the Rs had plenty of time to learn how to respond to questions and to coordinate their stories. moo

Patsy was also heard to say "We didn't mean for this to happen", a very odd comment. As well, she was also heard to ask a friend "Couldn't you fix this for me?"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vingigi
Back