RDI Theories & Discussion ONLY!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The sheets on the bed were the pink/white checkered ones LHP put there on the 23rd. The blanket was in the dryer. There were hair ties scattered on the floor. There were pull ups hanging out of the cabinet. When did those Beauty and the Beast sheets get on JB's bed? Was it on the 23rd at nighttime, long after LHP went home and JB had an accident? I think JB slept in BR room on the 24th, if she wet her bed that night she had an extra bed to sleep on. If you are PDI, lets say that they arrive home after the Whites party(J and P say shes asleep, BR says she walked up the stairs), so lets say shes awake and her and PR went to ready her for bed. Maybe she was weraing the pink top and bottoms on christmas night and the bottoms went "missing" for some reason.
why was the red turtleneck wet and balled up in the sink(and why did PR break down when seeing the crime scene photo of it?). Anyways, she gets her ready for bed, JB is hungry, BR and JR are still up, PR gets out the pineapple for JB, its time for bed and maybe PR and JB get into it (in JB room), and this is where it gets outta hand. I just wanna know when those sheets were changed, and why PR asked if there was any blood. ST theory here makes since, but I still cannot decide if it was PR or BR

From post #1059:
7:10 am (approx.) — Sgt. Whitson received a copy of the FBI manual. He quickly consulted it, though the Boulder Police Department had not yet adopted its recommendations as official policy. Back at the Ramsey house, John Ramsey awakened his son, Burke, and made arrangements for him to be taken by Fleet White and another friend, John Fernie to spend the day at the White's home. Ramsey also phoned his personal broker and friend, Rod Westmoreland at his home in Atlanta where business hours had already begun. He told Westmoreland what had happened and that he would need a substantial amount of cash. Westmoreland immediately started to make arrangements to transfer the money to a Boulder bank from a cash management account of Ramsey’s that had more than a million dollars in it.

From post #1060 above:
In the evening, White stopped by the Fernie's home, where his wife had already gone, on his way to Denver International Airport to meet Jeff Ramsey, John's Brother, and Rod Westmoreland, Ramsey's financier. John Ramsey volunteered to go with White, and the four returned to the Fernie home by 11 PM, that night. White's interview had lasted the better part of that morning.

These two clips have information that is not the same as another account of Westmoreland's participation after the crime. According to another source, when JR made the call to Westmoreland, he connected to RW's secretary and was told Rod had gone to visit his mother in Mississippi, but that he would be notified ASAP. RW then proceeded (once contacted) to call a local Boulder bank and make arrangements for the cash to be available through a withdrawal on JR's credit card. John Fernie completed the transaction.

Then, IIRC, there is an account that RW showed up in Boulder just as the R's were leaving their residence that day, questioning the type of LE coverage that was being given to the case, and other pertinent details of things related to the crime. JR was even surprised to have such a quick and commanding response to their tragedy by RW.

Was RW in Atlanta, or on the way (or already in) Mississippi? Did he show up in Boulder the afternoon of the 26th, or was he picked up at the airport later that day by FW and JR?

More inconsistencies?

The sheets on the bed were the pink/white checkered ones LHP put there on the 23rd. The blanket was in the dryer. There were hair ties scattered on the floor. There were pull ups hanging out of the cabinet. When did those Beauty and the Beast sheets get on JB's bed? Was it on the 23rd at nighttime, long after LHP went home and JB had an accident? I think JB slept in BR room on the 24th, if she wet her bed that night she had an extra bed to sleep on. If you are PDI, lets say that they arrive home after the Whites party(J and P say shes asleep, BR says she walked up the stairs), so lets say shes awake and her and PR went to ready her for bed. Maybe she was weraing the pink top and bottoms on christmas night and the bottoms went "missing" for some reason.
why was the red turtleneck wet and balled up in the sink(and why did PR break down when seeing the crime scene photo of it?). Anyways, she gets her ready for bed, JB is hungry, BR and JR are still up, PR gets out the pineapple for JB, its time for bed and maybe PR and JB get into it (in JB room), and this is where it gets outta hand. I just wanna know when those sheets were changed, and why PR asked if there was any blood. ST theory here makes since, but I still cannot decide if it was PR or BR

In the photo of JB's bedroom showing the bed with the Beauty and Beast sheets, we also see a multipatterned Christmas sweater across the foot of JB's bed, said to be the one loaned to Arianna to wear to the party on the 23rd. If she took it off before leaving the R's that evening, laid it across the bed, how did the pink and white checked sheets that LHP put on the bed earlier that day of the 23rd, get changed out to the Beauty and Beast sheets found on the bed on the 26th without that sweater getting removed off the bed? If you change sheets, you have to pull off the top layers of bedding and then put them back on. Would the sweater have stayed in place through that process? Something just doesn't add up, unless that patterned sweater was not the one used by Miss Paugh, and was one carelessly tossed there by either JB or PR sometime after the Beauty and Beast sheets were put onto the bed.

FWIW, I also wonder why, with the types of abrasions on JB's body; scratches, "rust colored" abrasions that Kolar theorizes coming from a toy train track, there are no reported corresponding blood marks on the clothing JB was found in. Nor are there any reported signs of dirt, debris on the exterior of her clothing where you would expect to find it if she was dragged or knocked down, as the bodily abrasions might indicate. I have to believe she was wearing something other than what she was found in when most of her injuries occurred, and that the white shirt and long johns were put on during the staging of the crime.

The Ramsey account of JB being put to bed while "zonked" is so bogus, with several other obvious reasons to refute their lies. It is sickening that little girl suffered such a horrible death and no one has been called to account for it.

From the info posted over the last couple of days, if we try to establish a timeline for the morning of Dec 26, it seems like it might have to be:

*PR called 911, meeting French at their front entrance (just outside) at 5:59 a.m.
*JR ushers French (JR is fully clothed at this point, having been in his underwear reading the RN at 5:52 am as PR was calling 911, with the RN spread out on the hallway floor) to the RN which is spread out on the Hallway floor. However, if JR did hand the note to French to read, French would have had to place the note back on the floor as JR described it being when he was reading it, because that it where J Fernie reported seeing it through the back patio door when he arrived later.
*Fleet and Priscilla White arrive, very soon after French arrived. He would have had to observe the note on the floor, or perhaps see it being replaced there by French, where it was then seen by J Fernie as he arrived around 6:30 a.m.
*Other LE officers arrived as the "contamination crew" arrived.

There is no feasible reason for that note to end up on the floor as the "reading place", when there were surfaces available that would have made it much more comfortable, unless all the other spaces were just too messed up. Possible, I suppose.

JR and BR assembled his toy on the floor. The floor of JB's room was a mess, as was the floor of the train room. Dirty clothing was allowed to drop and collect on the kids' bedroom floors. PR reported the note found on the step just above the floor. The note was seen on the floor. JB was found on the floor of the WC.

You are correct, there is no feasible reason why French would put the note back on the floor. Thats why I believe things happened a little differently than what is claimed my the Ramsey's, who are at very best confused as to the movements of the note. I don't believe that either of them handed French the note. I think that they probably took him to the note at the last place it was handled, on the floor by the phone. French, not wanting to further contaminate the evidence, probably left the note there until more experienced officers arrived. It simply doesn't make sense that French would place the note back on the floor if it were handed to him at the front door.

As far as the sheets- I am sure JB went the bed the night of the 23rd and possibly the 24th too. Patsy had to have changed the sheets herself on either (or both) of those days. As to how the sweater loaned to Arianna got on the bed- Patsy was packing for 2 separate trips. There were clothes strewn about the room, on both beds in the room. If she had to move the sweater to change the beds, she could have simply put it back on the bed after.
We will never know the truth about the red turtleneck that was found balled up (and possibly wet) in JB's bathroom. Police have said that JB WAS wearing the white shirt with sequin star to the White's party (they have photos of it). If she put the shirt on after they got home is not known, but I just can't see how that fits in. Maybe she wore the shirt before going to the White's. Some have suggested that maybe Patsy put it on her to sleep in that night because they had to leave so early the next day. But that doesn't make sense to me either. If you look at the bed in the crime photos, you can see the pink pajama top lying on the bed. Patsy claimed she couldn't find the pink bottoms, so that is why she got the long johns. There has been much speculation about what happened to those pink bottoms. No one seems to know for sure. That is pretty suspicious to me.

The discussion of Timelines which otg spearheaded and the mention of JR’s superhuman speed, noted by both otg and MWM (JR reading the note, checking on BR, searching the house, and arriving freshly showered and dressed to greet the BPD in 7 minutes) reminded me of another interesting detail. It doesn’t exactly conflict but simply further refines the picture of a very-y-y fast and organized JR. In PMPT Schiller references that JR tried to reach his pilot only 3 minutes after Officer French arrived. (The pilot was enroute to the airport and instead he reached copilot Bjelkovig. JR told Bjelkovig that JonBenét had been kidnapped.) Of course, the police were wondering about the timing of the call coming so quickly on the heels of the 911 call and the arrival of French.
One starts to see a pattern of executive organization here and can almost imagine the managerial wheels turning:

- Have Patsy call in the kidnapping. checkmark.jpg
- (Order the other kid to his room.) checkmark.jpg
- Get lots of people over here. checkmark.jpg
- Call pilot so the plane is ready for a swift departure after the police find her body. checkmark.jpg
- Make sure there are enough “funny” little clues left in the basement, a chair, an open window . . . checkmark.jpg

Maybe appropriate for a quote from the past. Prosecutor Mike Kane speaking in the Rocky Mountain News: “When I met with them, I never felt that they were genuine," Kane said. "I always felt like I was talking to a press secretary who was giving responses with a spin. . . .I always felt like their answers were very careful and, in some cases, scripted. And that caused me a lot of concern. . . .
"John Ramsey always left me with the impression that he was a very smart man, and he is very careful at answering questions," Kane said.

mho

Yep, John is a bright guy, always on top of the details. Alway bothered me in press interviews how sometimes he would act stupid or naive about certain things. "We didn't know anything about that until we read it in the paper". Ya right, with his lawyers and his attention to detail, I'm sure John was aware of every facet of this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As for doing all that he said he did in seven minutes, I really don't see a problem with that. I mean really, it only takes about 30 seconds to throw on a pair of pants and pull a sweater over your head, on the way down pop open Burke's door and check that he's there, then maybe a couple of minutes to check the main level doors.

But we already know Burke was awake for the 911 call, so they are lying about checking on him. So there is a chance that that whole morning scenario is fiction as well. In johns interviews he said he was getting dressed when Patsy called him. Never said anything about being in his underwear or about getting dressed after the fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As for doing all that he said he did in seven minutes, I really don't see a problem with that. I mean really, it only takes about 30 seconds to throw on a pair of pants and pull a sweater over your head, on the way down pop open Burke's door and check that he's there, then maybe a couple of minutes to check the main level doors.

But we already know Burke was awake for the 911 call, so they are lying about checking on him. So there is a chance that that whole morning scenario is fiction as well. In johns interviews he said he was getting dressed when Patsy called him. Never said anything about being in his underwear or about getting dressed after the fact.
Patsy Ramsey BPD Interview April 30, 1997:

PR: And I uh, screamed for John. He was up in our bedroom still and he came running down and uh, I told him that there was a note that said she had been kidnapped. And uh, uh, I think he, he said, I said, ‘What should I do. What should I do,’ or something and he said, ‘Call the police,’ and I think somewhere, I remember I said something about, you know, check Burke or something and I think he ran back and checked burke and I ran back down the stairs and then he came downstairs. He was just in his underwear and he uh, took the note and I remember him being down hunched on the floor read, with all three pages out like that reading it and uh, and he said, ‘Call 911’ or ‘Call the police,’ or something and then I did. I called them and uh, and then I called the Whites and the Fernies and told them that she had been kidnapped or said come over quickly or something and they came over and the policeman came and uh, then the Whites and the Fernies were there and uh . . .Oh, I think the policeman was asking, you know, he kind of like, I think he kind of got us (inaudible) in the sun room or something.

(s&bbm)
In johns interviews he said he was getting dressed when Patsy called him. Never said anything about being in his underwear or about getting dressed after the fact.

...And in Patsy's version in DOI (Thanks again to cynic):

“Mr. Ramsey,” the note is addressed across the top. I look again more closely. “Listen carefully!” My eyes fly across the top lines. “At this time we have your daughter in our possession. She is safe and unharmed and if you want her to see 1997, you must follow our instructions to the letter.” I quickly scan the page. “$118,000,” the writer demands. I gasp for air. For a moment my heart pounds so hard I can barely move. I race back up the stairs and stumble toward JonBenét’s bedroom, pushing the door wide open. The bed is empty! “J-o-h-nnn! John-n-n-n! Help!” I scream. “JonBenét’s gone!” He meets me wearing only his underwear. “There’s a note downstairs.” I can barely speak. “Someone has taken JonBenét!”

Here's John's statement. Absolutely nothing about getting dressed after the 911 call.

TT: Let’s move back downstairs, Patsy makes the 911 call, she talk through that on the kitchen phone?
JR: Uh-hum.

TT: Which is right around the corner from the floor that you talk about where you were reading the note?
JR: Right Uh-huh.
TT: What happened after Patsy called the police?
JR: Well, I think she called the Fernies and the Whites and just screamed at them to come over.
TT: OK. What happened after that?
JR: Ah, well, it wasn’t very long before the uniformed officer showed up. And I met him, I remember talking to him in the hallway, the front hallway. And I said our daughter’s missing and I remember him saying did she run away, and I said she was only six years old. And at one point, I don’t remember if I had the note in my hand or Patsy brought it, but I showed him the note. And then some other people started to arrive.

Here is a bit more...

JR: Well, I’d gotten up at a little before the alarm went off, 5:30 a.m., 5:25 a.m. and went and took a shower; was getting dressed and uh, heard Patsy screaming, and I ran downstairs and I think probably intercepted her maybe in the landing there, the second floor landing I don’t remember exactly; but, ah she showed me the note and uh, . . .
ST: Did she show the note on the second floor landing?
JR: I don’t remember, uh it seems like I came downstairs, but I think she was running up and I was running down, I think, as best as I can remember, the note was still down on the first floor.
ST: Go ahead Tom.
TT: Telling me you shaved, showered, cleaned up, you’re out of the shower by the time I hear Patsy scream. Which set of stairs is the note, front of back did you run down?
JR: Back,

Now after I shower, the first thing I do is put on underwear while I shave, brush my teeth and such. I'd assume most people do the same? Because if John already had his underwear on, he couldn't have been getting dressed when Patsy called right?

Does anyone know who made up BR's bed on the 26th? I think I read somewhere that FW did, but isnt it weird that his bed would be made the morning his sister was found murdered, and amidst all the chaos his bed is made... but an officer checked into his room and he was in the bed, secretly asleep

Does anyone know who made up BR's bed on the 26th? I think I read somewhere that FW did, but isnt it weird that his bed would be made the morning his sister was found murdered, and amidst all the chaos his bed is made... but an officer checked into his room and he was in the bed, secretly asleep

elannia,
From memory I think it was FW. Here's a quote from PMPT:
White told the police that the Ramseys decided to wake their son, Burke, at around 7:00 and move him to his house. Fleet White and John Fernie, with Burke in hand, first picked up the Fernie's children from their home and then took all the kids to the White's where his guests looked after them. Forty-five minutes later, the two men returned to the Ramsey's.

Nice how the R's suck FW and JF into corroborating that BR slept through all the commotion!

There's nothing direct in interviews or the main books on the case identifying FW.

In reference to crime scene photo #42, Patsy makes the following comment to Haney in the 1998 interview.
13 THOMAS HANEY: Okay. Anything else
14 on those photos, 41, 42?
15 PATSY RAMSEY: They made Burke's
16 bed, that's unusual.
17 THOMAS HANEY: I think there may be
18 some explanation for that, but he normally
19 wouldn't do that?
20 PATSY RAMSEY: No. He still
21 doesn't.
22 THOMAS HANEY: Is -- okay. That's
23 never a part of his morning routine?
24 PATSY RAMSEY: Trying to be.
25 TRIP DeMUTH: You're looking at 42
1 now, right?

In Fleet's deposition in the Wolf civil case, there is a reference to Fleet making the bed.

Interesting that Patsy made a comment about how odd she thought it that FW made BR's bed. Did no one entertain the thought that maybe BR never went to bed that night at all? Because it seems the police never thought of it.

Its strange to me the bed was made... JB was supposedly "kidnapped" but it was important to make up his bed with all the chaos going on that morning, that would be the last thing on anyones mind to make up a bed. Honestly, I cannot see him staying up all night long, after a long day and he was 9 years old, he would've slept at some point, maybe he didnt sleep in "his" bed, but another bed? But LE checked on him and he was in the bed, and he was awake during the 911 call and if is true, he asked "what did you find", was he being sincere, not knowing about JB, or did he go to bed knowing what happened then woke up to his parents yelling(if they are guilty then there wouldnt have to be any screaming about her being gone), just like the RN not actually being on the stairs, so if he awoke to them yelling, why were they if they knew or did murder JB

Its strange to me the bed was made... JB was supposedly "kidnapped" but it was important to make up his bed with all the chaos going on that morning, that would be the last thing on anyones mind to make up a bed. Honestly, I cannot see him staying up all night long, after a long day and he was 9 years old, he would've slept at some point, maybe he didnt sleep in "his" bed, but another bed? But LE checked on him and he was in the bed, and he was awake during the 911 call and if is true, he asked "what did you find", was he being sincere, not knowing about JB, or did he go to bed knowing what happened then woke up to his parents yelling(if they are guilty then there wouldnt have to be any screaming about her being gone), just like the RN not actually being on the stairs, so if he awoke to them yelling, why were they if they knew or did murder JB

A couple different ways to answer you:

BR went to bed after JR assisted him, as JR said in his testimony. BR, from his bedroom during the night, "heard voices" and also, "could hear the refrigerator door opening" from his room, as he testified, and to me, the only reason he would have made the comment about the refrigerator door is because he DID hear it open from his room that night. BR was either later coached by the R's about JB's murder with the "kidnapping" theory built in, or he possibly sneaked out of his bed to spy on things he was hearing, but returned to his room upon having no reason to fear anything too unusual was amiss: JB had been "taken quietly downstairs", something he had seen other times.

If BR awakened to hear "yelling" by his parents, it can only mean that PR was reacting to the RN much as both she and JR testified. If both the R's had colluded and set up the staging, the ONLY reason for them to do this would be to further the staging to convince Burke of the kidnapping. On the other hand, if they had colluded, as you say, there really was no reason for any yelling if they did not want to convince Burke, and instead BR might have gotten out of bed to be in the background of the 911 call once he heard his mother begin the call process. And that call to 911 was his first clue that something was amiss with JB. If that was the case, his later discovered reported question at the end of the call makes perfect sense.

Another thought: There was yelling by both PR and JR, just as they both testified because PR acted totally alone and had begun the play-acting display of her lifetime, leaving JR totally innocent of any complicity. Here, I have to wonder how those Israeli shirt fibers were found on JB.

Then this - there was yelling by both PR and JR because PR really did find the RN as she said, and the inconsistent stories of the state of JR's dress, where the note went and through whom before it landed on the back hallway floor for JF to see, came into play, suggesting that PR at this point DID believe JB had been kidnapped, and was responding to JR's "organizational direction" on what to do next. Except, she went ahead and called 911 (before JR was able to stop her - which could have made him snap at Burke, "we're not talking to you"), as she some years later finally testified during an interview even though early on she agreed with JR that it was him who told her to call police. Many believe that PR's being heavily sedated soon after the crime affected some of her early public appearances and statements.

At no time from the time Officer French arrived to be able to begin the first observations of JR and PR, was there ever a time that ANYONE reported JR had unusually reactive actions to the crime such as those that PR displayed. A few things observed about him was his restlessness after there was no call from the kidnapper, his disappearance from Arndt's scope at the house, while no one else was ever said to be unaccounted for, his cordial manner with LE, his ability to be responsible for Burke's transfer to the Whites, calling in Beuf to get medication for PR, making phone calls for financial arrangements and to his pilot. A man who remained able to function very well under pressure, actually. As some called him, "the ice man".

Absolutely no doubt that from the time of the 911 call forward on the 26th, everything was in a cluster. There is one line of thought that I also pose: BOTH PR and JR stated that PR was the one in bed awakening to John being in the shower. IF they did not collude on JB's murder or the staging, then at least we have this one piece of testimony that matches, which can contribute to a theory. And, if PR was in bed, then according to what nearly anyone should assume, she was NOT in her clothing from the night before and would have then had to put it back on, as she also stated. No mention from ANYONE at the crime scene that morning that PR's clothing looked in the least way disheveled or soiled, as one might expect if she had been wearing it all night while in the midst of JB's murder...all sorts of strange fibers, hairs, etc, should have been visible on black velvet pants and a red sweater. Those types of clothing are almost like magnets for those things.

But, JR, on the other hand, being in the shower, does then give us reason to suspect there could have been a lot of crime scene connective evidence being washed down the drain, and that fresh clothing was a necessity, though not something that would have been suspected as being unusual for a morning routine. The challenge here is that there was speculation that only one side of the Ramsey bed had been slept in during the night. With BOTH of the R's stating that JR was in the shower when PR awoke, I have to then believe if only one side of the bed was used, it was PR in the bed, and NOT JR who had used that bed that night. At another time later on, JR stated that PR normally slept very soundly, so it was not surprising she wouldn't have heard anything going on during the night. It was JR who bolstered his story of being so soundly asleep that particular night by taking Melatonin because he wanted to be sure to sleep for his flight (the one he had Archuletta hired for as pilot) the next day to Michigan. And, oh, PR was already asleep when he retired to read for a while before he popped his Melatonin. So, PR could not have testified that JR was in bed when she went there to fall asleep.

I'm rambling, I know, away from the discussion about BR hearing the "yelling", but if we look at the statements that were CONSISTENT from both of the R's related to the crime, we have PR getting JB ready for bed in her room, JR being absent from JB's room at that time, but later assisting BR to bed (because PR said she did not put BR to bed, knowing JR had most likely seen to it while she readied for the next morning trip), and then PR being asleep in bed when JR said he retired, though again BOTH R's said when PR awakened JR was not in the bed, but in the shower. BR said he heard voices, etc. from his room, and was in his bed when LE checked, so he, at least was in his bed sometime that night also.

Three of the 4 Ramseys were in their beds that night, with corroborating testimony. The only one who has no corroboration for having been in bed during the night is JR.

I feel BR was involved in the sexual assault and head bash. I don't know how he COULD have just "gone to sleep" after this. I believe he was told to stay in his room. Remember he was awake for the 911 call, too. IMO, he never went to bed until that morning. I have never seen comments from FW as to whether BR was in bed, in pajamas, etc. when he went to get him that morning to take him to his house. And whatever happened that night between BR and JB, he could have worn pajamas for anyway. Doesn't mean he went to sleep.

I feel BR was involved in the sexual assault and head bash. I don't know how he COULD have just "gone to sleep" after this. I believe he was told to stay in his room. Remember he was awake for the 911 call, too. IMO, he never went to bed until that morning. I have never seen comments from FW as to whether BR was in bed, in pajamas, etc. when he went to get him that morning to take him to his house. And whatever happened that night between BR and JB, he could have worn pajamas for anyway. Doesn't mean he went to sleep.

Right, and also for him to be whisked away without asking questions(especially about the trip they were supposed to have already left for, according to PR, BR came over to her as he was leaving and they hugged(something to that effect, dont remember her words), but I don't believe he mentioned anything about why they werent going on the trip, and imo, he knew exactly why

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back