Real Reason for Search Stopping?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think there are any other reasons for Tim pulling out right now. If they did find something, LE would be all over it and there would be helicopters in the air from various news organizations to cover it, imo.

I would assume the emotions from people you saw were because they didn't find Caylee. It has to be gutwrenching for them to know that she is still out there after searching for days on end. They want nothing more than to find her.

If it is in a remote location, the could have the roads closed way before where they actually are so no one can film back there and they can take their time and concentrate. And with FBI involved, they could restrict airspace over the search are to just LE.

I find it highly unlikely that they have Caylee's body and have somehow managed to be able to send a special search team to retrieve her and yet no news organization has found out about it and who aren't currently flying a helicopter or balloon over the area trying to get the money shot.

Sometimes what you see is all there is to see.

How unfortunate that they felt the need to stop and my heart breaks for those who were there and whose hopes were dashed in a flash, they all tried so hard.
God Bless all these wonderful people:angel2:

You have to remember that the search area's are close to the airport, it could have been very easy for them to have been told to stay away.

If Media even suspected a story, the copters would be in the air.
All night, if that's what it took to get the story. Any crime scene tape would put them in a frenzy. So....I have to believe Tim. Hoping I am wrong.
IMO

I don't know about that. I work in TV and we work pretty closely with LE and other "positions of authority" to maintain journalistic integrity with regard to crimes and such. It's mutually beneficial that way. I know it often seems as though media outlets will do anything to get the story out first, and maybe some do take that route, but I'm in a Top 25 market and can tell you that most local affiliates aren't as audience/money-hungry as some may believe. That said, I hope that this is the case in Orlando and that we can hold out hope that ES did in fact find little Caylee.

If it is in a remote location, the could have the roads closed way before where they actually are so no one can film back there and they can take their time and concentrate. And with FBI involved, they could restrict airspace over the search are to just LE.

Same thing with the landfill. They can deny access.

I don't think there are any other reasons for Tim pulling out right now. If they did find something, LE would be all over it and there would be helicopters in the air from various news organizations to cover it, imo.

I would assume the emotions from people you saw were because they didn't find Caylee. It has to be gutwrenching for them to know that she is still out there after searching for days on end. They want nothing more than to find her.

That IS how it was. Caylee is such a little one and it seems like the only ones that are really pulling for her are all of us. When the search was suspended, the feelings were of helplessness, worry, confusion and feeling like we were letting little Caylee down. It was very difficult to get your head around. I just keep telling myself we'll be back in a few weeks when the conditions are better and we will find her.

Oh, and by the way Seriously, I was standing near Yuri yesterday and he's even more handsome in person.

I don't know about that. I work in TV and we work pretty closely with LE and other "positions of authority" to maintain journalistic integrity with regard to crimes and such. It's mutually beneficial that way. I know it often seems as though media outlets will do anything to get the story out first, and maybe some do take that route, but I'm in a Top 25 market and can tell you that most local affiliates aren't as audience/money-hungry as some may believe. That said, I hope that this is the case in Orlando and that we can hold out hope that ES did in fact find little Caylee.

EXACTLY!! This is even considered media in a way and I saw moderators making note of closing threads that they will reopen later after deleting sensitive info. Not cooperating with LE would be like biting the hand that feeds them and no one wants to be blamed for messing this case up. This is more than just local news at this point.

This case has definitely taken on a life of its own. How bizarre to stop aearch in the middle of the day with that many volunteers there. Absolutely bizarre!

There are areas near me that are really flooded with a lot of standing water that wasn't there previously so I understand what Tim is talking about. However, they aren't HUGE areas and they are slowly receding. I find it weird that there isn't anywhere else to search while those areas "shrink back". We haven't had much rain at all lately.

Sometimes we want this to be over so bad we can't take the fact that they are suspending the search because of the water, and that's that. If they found something, I think we'd already be hearing rumors....

Let's just completely throw out the statement about what the cop friend said and just go by what the searcher said. The searcher says, the ground is DRY (searcher makes a POINT to let us know this two or three times that the grounds are dry), the searcher says they pondered and re-wrote their statement over again to make sure they didn't "say too much, if you KNOW what I mean". The searcher says, they "will be watching the news VERY CLOSELY the next few days (they are trying to tell us to do the same). Now, why would this searcher even think they would be jeapardizing the case IF something wasn't found, WHY would they worry about "saying to much". HELLO???? This is such a big dead give away. Also, the searcher, says, Tim says it's enviornmental reasonas and I'm sure he has his reasons for this, he's a stand up guy. Here again, the searcher is saying that they don't understand why he said the search was called off for THIS reason, but he's a stand up guy and he trusts him.

It's so very obvious to me they found something. They are not risking "leaking" the info yet, because Casey is out, also the chance of fouling up the retrieval efforts and investingation with all the media circus.

I disagree 100% because when searchers find something the word spreads like wildfire and LE, FBI, MEDIA, CORONERS, and MEDICAL EXAMINATORS, are on the scene in a matter of minutes. I've witnessed a body being found in a high profile case that I was a volunteer searcher for and there were helecopters for every news station covering the area. This is too high profile of a case and there are no secrets.

You have to remember that the search area's are close to the airport, it could have been very easy for them to have been told to stay away.

Noted...you're right they can restrict airspace around an airport. Good thinking.

I hope you are all right, I really do. I would like nothing better than to believe we have been kept in the dark and that they really have found this child, but I don't believe it is true. I hope I am proven wrong.:praying:

Now that you mention it, does anyone else find it odd that there weren't more helicopters in the search areas? I didn't see one at any time I was searching.

In other cases I've seen they're practically crashing into one another over search scenes.

I don't know if this means anything at all, but I just received an urgent email from inside my building that the US Open has been pre-empted from 5 to 8pm tonight, out of the blue. Now, my station's 1,000 miles away, but *maybe* something's going to be revealed tonight during local/net news hours??

Hey everyone may I have your attention please.

First off I have no inside information but I can say there is no doubt in my mind that the search was called off for the reason stated yesterday. Nothing more nothing less.

We all want there to be some underlying hidden reason for the search being called off (temporarily) that is leading to an arrest but it's just no the case.

After speaking with Brad Dennis from the KlaasKids Search Center I am convinced the reasons are the true reasons. There is too much water to search in many areas and if they continued to search in those areas then any human remains could be pressed into the mud and make them impossible to find later.

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe I have read that TES stated they searched the dry areas and came up with nothing.

The reason people were crying was because this is such an emotional case.

Nobody wants to stop the search, dare I see least of all Tim.

Please continue to speculate, to dig, to analyze, and come to your own conclusions and post them (within TOS ) I just wanted to add my thoughts to this discussion and ask you all to step back and take a look again at what Tim has stated to why the search was called off.

Tim Miller is too much of a good guy to out and out lie. I would imagine he would have given a much more ambiguous reason as to why the search was called off if there was more to it. IMO.

Carry on kids.

Tricia

Now that you mention it, does anyone else find it odd that there weren't more helicopters in the search areas? I didn't see one at any time I was searching.

In other cases I've seen they're practically crashing into one another over search scenes.

I agree, too close to the airport. We actually went under one of the runways while a plane was landing.

Right Georgia!! I hadn't even taken the airport into consideration. Good catch! planes fly in an out of the airport all the time. You can't go flying around willy nilly wherever you want around them. And like I said, with FBI involved, they can restrict whatever airspace they want, especially to media and such that are not vital to finding the baby or any investigation they are involved in.

I do think the media can keep a lid on it and work with LE. I think media can keep a lid on things for a number of reasons. The things media didn't report on when JFK was in office! Of course, nowadays, I think we are living in an age when "media" is blurred and we're all little reporters out there. I think a lot of speculation is arising from two or three sources, one of which is a member here and posted vaguely (and enticingly) "things were productive but I can't say anything more". I think if Caylee had been found (or likely) then more searchers would know about it and because these searchers are human (and lovely, caring ones, at that) they would talk about their emotions about hearing of the likely find. The folks they confide in, feeling a need to share, would have done just that -- shared. Emails would have been sent out, phone calls made and by today we'd probably have a lot of information already. Now....maybe that's still to come today but it's noon and my experience with these kinds of things is.....information passes quickly.

The only thing that gives me pause is....Equusearch stating they are going to go back to searching for Natalee (G-d bless Beth and the whole family). If that means all Equusearch resources are being relocated to Aruba....then this would seem strange to make such a HUGE change of plans and I wonder why they wouldn't just wait for waters to recede and in the meantime search other areas.

EXACTLY!! This is even considered media in a way and I saw moderators making note of closing threads that they will reopen later after deleting sensitive info. Not cooperating with LE would be like biting the hand that feeds them and no one wants to be blamed for messing this case up. This is more than just local news at this point.

I don't think that closing threads and reopening them later after deleting sensitive info. is the moderators correct response, it's not a national security posting, just an observation by one who was there or what they saw.

She gave nothing away as to the findings, only her view. Isn’t that what freedom of speech is all about.

Hey everyone may I have your attention please.

First off I have no inside information but I can say there is no doubt in my mind that the search was called off for the reason stated yesterday. Nothing more nothing less.

We all want there to be some underlying hidden reason for the search being called off (temporarily) that is leading to an arrest but it's just no the case.

After speaking with Brad Dennis from the KlaasKids Search Center I am convinced the reasons are the true reasons. There is too much water to search in many areas and if they continued to search in those areas then any human remains could be pressed into the mud and make them impossible to find later.

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe I have read that TES stated they searched the dry areas and came up with nothing.

The reason people were crying was because this is such an emotional case.

Nobody wants to stop the search, dare I see least of all Tim.

Please continue to speculate, to dig, to analyze, and come to your own conclusions and post them (within TOS ) I just wanted to add my thoughts to this discussion and ask you all to step back and take a look again at what Tim has stated to why the search was called off.

Tim Miller is too much of a good guy to out and out lie. I would imagine he would have given a much more ambiguous reason as to why the search was called off if there was more to it. IMO.

Carry on kids.

Tricia

Thank you for that. I trust Tim's words implicitly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444
Back