Rebecca and Max Timeline

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that the films to the Glorietta Bay Marina are kept for very long..........but I could be wrong. A phone call (619-435-5203) could verify.

Is that a hint for one of us posters to call the number? :)

Snipped, colorized, and BBM.

YES. I am in total agreement. Big splatter, and maximum humiliation for both Rebecca and Jonah, IMO.

As in, "she got what she deserved." "He" got what "he" deserved, too, by her gruesome, publicly displayed murder. Definitely sarcasm in the words on the door, imo.

Only one or two people I can think of that would want to strike out at, and murderously humiliate BOTH Jonah, and Rebecca.

And it isn't Jonah, HL, NN, or XZ. That eliminates 4 of the "6" people Ann Rule mentioned as suspects, imo.

I'm with you on this. I can only come up with two people -- women who are twins -- who want to strike out at both Jonah and Becky.

More like an invitation........Please, be my guest!

I think someone who resides in Coronado should do the contacting since LE there are legally obligated to their own residents.

<respectfully snipped for space by me>

I believe the murderers wanted a "big splatter" with Becky's dead cold hanging body for the world to gawk at on Jonah's property to humiliate not only Becky, but also Jonah. I believe the murderers wanted to get revenge not only on Becky but also to boast about the murder as an in-your-face to Jonah. That'd make the painted words on the door make sense, "SHE SAVED HIM CAN YOU SAVE HER". These words were directed at Jonah, in hateful, vengeful sarcasm.

The more I look at that message, the more I feel the same way. That message was meant for JS. I still do not think RZ wrote it. Would someone who was an artist (although paint was not her medium) leave such a messy note?

Snipped, colorized, and BBM.

YES. I am in total agreement. Big splatter, and maximum humiliation for both Rebecca and Jonah, IMO.

As in, "she got what she deserved." "He" got what "he" deserved, too, by her gruesome, publicly displayed murder. Definitely sarcasm in the words on the door, imo.

Only one or two people I can think of that would want to strike out at, and murderously humiliate BOTH Jonah, and Rebecca.

And it isn't Jonah, HL, NN, or XZ. That eliminates 4 of the "6" people Ann Rule mentioned as suspects, imo.

This speaks volumes to me about what we have seen over the last year and a half. It seems that those who wish to push the suicide ruling truly believe that RZ got "what she deserved" and so did JS because he allowed her to be with his son. That his girlfriend of two years was allowed to be with his son. All of the anit-RZ rhetoric is quite the same in it's entirety across the web. But it has also changed over time. It started out as the "babysitter" not taking care of a child in her care and ballooned into a martial arts expert who willingly harmed a child, not just harmed him, but murdered him in cold blood. The lessor, more belittling comments have prevailed and they all smack of jealously and hatred.

I'm with you on this. I can only come up with two people -- women who are twins -- who want to strike out at both Jonah and Becky.

I'm still on the fence, leaning precariously, but I have to say that I worry about what someone whose anger could explode in such a way. I really, really hope that no one else gets hurt.

Always, MOO

Ann Rule claims Jonah's call was at 11:48?

From another thread

Thank IP - now, according to AR's book, JS said he tried calling RZ at 11:48PM the night she died, but IIRC he said she didn't answer the phone. So wouldn't that 11:48PM call show up on her phone as a missed call from his number?

But since it doesn't appear on her smartphone bill, it doesn't prove one way or another if he indeed trying calling, correct? She didn't pick up, so no charge to bill. But his attempt to call would appear on his phone, even if he wasn't successful in completing the call... hung up before VC was actived? IOW, it's only his word that JS tried calling RZ at 11:48PM that night. Please correct me if wrong.

Also according to AR book, her phone was found in the hanging room with a dead battery. If the battery was dead. am wondering how that affects the alleged pivotal 12:40AM VM, the supposed motive for her self murder?

From the timeline

July 13th, 2011, Wednesday

12:30 AM &#8211; Jonah claims to have sent a voicemail message to Rebecca stating that Max&#8217;s condition was grave and his death was imminent. The incoming phone call does not appear on Rebecca's cell phone records.

RZ's cell phone - http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/zahau_cell.pdf
http://coronado.patch.com/articles/c...uled-a-suicide

12:50 AM &#8211; Allegedly Rebecca retrieves the voicemail message and deletes it. There is no proof that Rebecca herself retrieved and deleted the voicemail. There is no proof the voicemail ever existed.

Jonah said he’d never left Max’s side all that day, not until the doctors told him Monday evening that Max would be having tests for an hour, and sent him home. His best friend, Dr. Howard Luber, drove him there, where he took a quick shower, made some sandwiches, and packed a few personal items. “I drove myself back."

Excerpt From: Rule, Ann. “Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors.” This material may be protected by copyright.

This caught my eye. I've talked about MRI being more diagnostic for the full extent of Max's injuries than the quick CT's that are done during ER care. I think there is a very good chance that this quote from AR's book further defines when Max may have had his first MRI. The timing is about right, with all that had to be done to stabilize Max on admission to Rady, and schedule a first MRI. A full brain and spinal cord MRI takes at least an hour (typically even longer) and in this case, added time for transport and stabilization in the scanner suite. (Max was intubated and being mechanically ventilated, along with numerous other tubes, IVs and meds at that point.)

Anyway, I think this could be significant, because if that was the first MRI, there may have been a preliminary verbal report phoned to Jonah by one of the ICU docs or radiologists. Perhaps then Jonah DID call Rebecca to tell her Max was unlikely to live. The other question I have is whether or not Dina and Jonah spoke by phone that evening.

This caught my eye. I've talked about MRI being more diagnostic for the full extent of Max's injuries than the quick CT's that are done during ER care. I think there is a very good chance that this quote from AR's book further defines when Max may have had his first MRI. The timing is about right, with all that had to be done to stabilize Max on admission to Rady, and schedule a first MRI. A full brain and spinal cord MRI takes at least an hour (typically even longer) and in this case, added time for transport and stabilization in the scanner suite. (Max was intubated and being mechanically ventilated, along with numerous other tubes, IVs and meds at that point.)

Anyway, I think this could be significant, because if that was the first MRI, there may have been a preliminary verbal report phoned to Jonah by one of the ICU docs or radiologists. Perhaps then Jonah DID call Rebecca to tell her Max was unlikely to live. The other question I have is whether or not Dina and Jonah spoke by phone that evening.

Dina had to know something before 8pm that evening, because how else would the daughter of her then boyfriend know that Max might not make it, as she posted on "Witty Profiles"?

Hi K_Z... thanks for the post and pointing out what may be a crucial point in timing.

If those tests were conducted Monday evening, when would Jonah and Dina be told the results?

KZ - Besides an MRI, what other tests would they have performed on Max within the first 12 to 24 hours at RCH? It seems logical that if they were working on him, they wouldn't want family to be present while that was going on.

10:00 PM approx - Rebecca picks up Howard Luber, Jonah’s friend from the airport.
NR Interview - http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/...ina_romano.mp3

First communication between HL and RZ was Monday night at 8:17PM. Then a flurry of back and forth until 11PM. Either they were texting and calling while he was in flight or he was already with JS, as per AR's book, excerpt below:

Jonah said he'd never left Max's side all that day, not until the doctors told him Monday evening that Max would be having tests for an hour, and sent him home. His best friend, Dr. Howard Luber, drove him there, where he took a quick shower, made some sandwiches, and packed a few personal items. "I drove myself back."

Excerpt from "Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors" Ann Rule's Crime Files

Therefore, Nina was incorrect in her interview. Hospital texts would not have been late at night anyway..

10:00 PM approx - Rebecca picks up Howard Luber, Jonah’s friend from the airport.
NR Interview - http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/...ina_romano.mp3

First communication between HL and RZ was Monday night at 8:17PM. Then a flurry of back and forth until 11PM. Either they were texting and calling while he was in flight or he was already with JS, as per AR's book, excerpt below:

Therefore, Nina was incorrect in her interview. Hospital texts would not have been late at night anyway..

Hi Carioca, can you clarify what you mean by Nina was incorrect in interview about hospital texts being late at night?

Hi Carioca, can you clarify what you mean by Nina was incorrect in interview about hospital texts being late at night?

Oops, sorry about that. I meant "tests" not "texts". And terribly worded to boot! Let's try that again...

Nina said in her interview:
This was Monday night. But I wasn’t able to see him [Max]. So I got a ride back [from RCH] from a friend of my sister’s who was at the hospital – drove my son and myself back to my sister’s house – Rebecca then had Howard Luber with her -- she had to go back to the airport and pick him up – and she dropped off my luggage for me..

In our excellent timeline (thank you Lash for putting it together!) we have:

1. Jonah returns home in the “early evening hours” to shower and pack some clothes for the hospital.

2. 9:00 PM approx - Rebecca picks up Dina’s twin sister Nina and her son from the airport. Rebecca drops off Nina and her son at the hospital. Rebecca drops off Nina's luggage at Dina's home.

3. 10:00 PM approx - Rebecca picks up Howard Luber, Jonah’s friend from the airport.

Then we have Ann Rule's book stating:

Jonah said he'd never left Max's side all that day, not until the doctors told him Monday evening that Max would be having tests for an hour, and sent him home. His best friend, Dr. Howard Luber, drove him there, where he took a quick shower, made some sandwiches, and packed a few personal items. "I drove myself back."

Excerpt From: Rule, Ann. “Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors.” This material may be protected by copyright.

Now let's look at communication Monday evening between RZ and HL:

RZ phone: July 11, Monday
8:17PM Rebecca texted Howard
8:25PM Howard texted Rebecca
8:28PM Howard texted Rebecca
8:22PM Howard texted Rebecca
8:22PM Rebecca texted Howard
9:30PM Rebecca telephones Howard
10:00PM Rebecca telephones Howard
10:28PM Howard texted Rebecca
10:45PM Rebecca texted Howard
10:58PM Howard texted Rebecca
10:58PM Rebecca texted Howard

Consider flight time from PHX to SAN is approx 1 hour 10 min.
First communication Monday between HL and RZ was at 8:17PM. Then a flurry of back and forth until 11PM. Either they were texting and calling while he was in flight (not likely) or he was already with JS in the "early evening" as per AR's book.

Now looking at communication between RZ and JS same time frame:

6:18PM Jonah texted Rebecca
6:19PM Rebecca texted Jonah
6:22PM Jonah texted Rebecca
6:28PM Rebecca texted Jonah
7:04PM Jonah texted Rebecca
7:10PM Rebecca texted Jonah
[Interval when Jonah could have been home making sandwiches, etc yet oddly enough RZ and HL text back and forth during this time. So did HL drop JS off then walk over to his own house?]
9:37PM Rebecca telephoned Jonah
10:04PM Rebecca telephoned Jonah

Bottom line: Howard had to have flown in late afternoon and not 10PM OR he was already in Coronado… IMO the above places JS home for an hour from appox. say 7:30PM to 8:45PM. Regardless whether Nina meant Rebecca had to go back to the airport and pick up Howard AFTER picking up Nina or BEFORE picking up Nina, neither scenario fits the phone sequences.

And what I meant about the TESTS is that Jonah left RCH for a break since MS was having TESTS for an hour. Am sure hospitals do tests late at night if an emergency, but by 10PM (Nina's reported time RZ picked up HL) I would imagine the urgent tests had already been completed.

I hope all this makes sense :blushing:
And please chime in if I've overlooked something.

Oops, sorry about that. I meant "tests" not "texts". And terribly worded to boot! Let's try that again...

1. Jonah returns home in the “early evening hours” to shower and pack some clothes for the hospital.

2. 9:00 PM approx - Rebecca picks up Dina’s twin sister Nina and her son from the airport. Rebecca drops off Nina and her son at the hospital. Rebecca drops off Nina's luggage at Dina's home.

3. 10:00 PM approx - Rebecca picks up Howard Luber, Jonah’s friend from the airport.

First communication Monday between HL and RZ was at 8:17PM. Then a flurry of back and forth until 11PM. Either they were texting and calling while he was in flight (not likely) or he was already with JS in the "early evening" as per AR's book.

[Interval when Jonah could have been home making sandwiches, etc yet oddly enough RZ and HL text back and forth during this time. So did HL drop JS off then walk over to his own house?]

Bottom line: Howard had to have flown in late afternoon and not 10PM OR he was already in Coronado… IMO the above places JS home for an hour from appox. say 7:30PM to 8:45PM. Regardless whether Nina meant Rebecca had to go back to the airport and pick up Howard AFTER picking up Nina or BEFORE picking up Nina, neither scenario fits the phone sequences.

And what I meant about the TESTS is that Jonah left RCH for a break since MS was having TESTS for an hour. Am sure hospitals do tests late at night if an emergency, but by 10PM (Nina's reported time RZ picked up HL) I would imagine the urgent tests had already been completed.

IIRC, at that time, the last flight on either America West/USAirWays or SouthWest arrived in San Diego around 9:30 pm...........

Nice work Carioca... thanks so much for analyzing all of this!

1. Jonah returns home in the &#8220;early evening hours&#8221; to shower and pack some clothes for the hospital.

2. 9:00 PM approx - Rebecca picks up Dina&#8217;s twin sister Nina and her son from the airport. Rebecca drops off Nina and her son at the hospital. Rebecca drops off Nina's luggage at Dina's home.

3. 10:00 PM approx - Rebecca picks up Howard Luber, Jonah&#8217;s friend from the airport.

Bottom line: Howard had to have flown in late afternoon and not 10PM OR he was already in Coronado&#8230; IMO the above places JS home for an hour from appox. say 7:30PM to 8:45PM. Regardless whether Nina meant Rebecca had to go back to the airport and pick up Howard AFTER picking up Nina or BEFORE picking up Nina, neither scenario fits the phone sequences.

You're doing an excellent job Carioca! :)

I recall reading that Jonah did not return to the Spreckels mansion until around midnight Monday, and that Becky was already at the mansion with her sister XZ when he returned.

My thoughts are that Becky picked up Luber at airport at 10pm Mon, and dropped Luber off at his home behind the Spreckels mansion and she then returned to the Spreckels with her sister XZ (or maybe XZ was already at the Spreckels mansion).

Then Luber drove his own car to the hospital to meet up with Jonah. They spoke with doctors and what not. Then Luber drove Jonah to the Spreckels mansion where Jonah spoke with Becky about Max and also packed a suitcase, etc. Luber likely returned to his home behind the Spreckels.

When a patient is in ICU or there is an emergency, medical tests and treatments are done, and doctors and staff are up all night, no matter what time it is. I think Monday was a very hectic time for everyone -- Becky, XZ, Jonah, etc. and also medical staff.

Since Luber is a medical doctor, he could have explained Max's condition/prognosis and liaisoned with the doctors better for Jonah and Dina.

Re: Howard and Becky texting before his plane arrived at about 10pm, you can text on the plane, although my hubby and I've personally never done it. I know we can make phone calls, but we've always used the planes' phones and not personal cellphones. But I'd assume because we are allowed to use our laptops once the plane is safely in flight, that all electronic devices including cellphones can be powered up and used too.

IIRC, at that time, the last flight on either America West/USAirWays or SouthWest arrived in San Diego around 9:30 pm...........

It appears that all the major characters who travel regularly from PV to Coronado -- Jonah, Dr. Luber, Dina, Nina -- would all have Southwest airline accounts. We know that someone used their SW airline account to access Becky's computer to plant Asian bondage/lesbian *advertiser censored*. Hmm...wonder which of these POIs did that?

It appears that all the major characters who travel regularly from PV to Coronado -- Jonah, Dr. Luber, Dina, Nina -- would all have Southwest airline accounts. We know that someone used their SW airline account to access Becky's computer to plant Asian bondage/lesbian *advertiser censored*. Hmm...wonder which of these POIs did that?

Both SouthWest and USAirways service the Phoenix-San Diego market. Usually, the prices are the same, but with USAirways, you can reserve your seat, and they also have first class available........I have a hard time seeing Dina, Jonah or Luber flying coach..........JMO.

Both SouthWest and USAirways service the Phoenix-San Diego market. Usually, the prices are the same, but with USAirways, you can reserve your seat, and they also have first class available........I have a hard time seeing Dina, Jonah or Luber flying coach..........JMO.

I wouldn't know about SW airlines. I've only taken it once.

But from what I can tell about Jonah, he's very frugal. So he likely has SW accounts as would his family members including Dina, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties