Rebecca and Max Timeline

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bourne: I recall reading that Jonah did not return to the Spreckels mansion until around midnight Monday, and that Becky was already at the mansion with her sister XZ when he returned.
Hi bourne - If so, are you disputing Ann Rule's version? Just curious.

Indeed, as according to SW 11-165 - Probable Cause, it's confusing since the time of Jonah's return to his residence on Monday night differs a bit between his July 13 interview and his July 15 interview. Whether he went straight from Spreckels to Ronald McDonald House or if went first to Rady, then later to RMH. That AR chose the first version lends me to believe the second version may be the correct one. In which case, you are totally correct:

On July 13, Det Norton and Palmer interviewed Jonah:
Jonah returned to his residence in Coronado on July 11, in the early evening hours, to take a shower and pack some clothes. He returned to the hospital ...

On July 15, Det Norton and Angela Tsuida re-interviewed Jonah:
Jonah said on July 11 he was at hospital with son. Went to residence later that evening to shower and pack clothes. He returned to Ronald McDonald House at about 0155 hours but were full so went to Homestead Inn for night.

Indeed, as according to SW 11-165 - Probable Cause, it's confusing since the time of Jonah's return to his residence on Monday night differs a bit between his July 13 interview and his July 15 interview. Whether he went straight from Spreckels to Ronald McDonald House or if went first to Rady, then later to RMH. That AR chose the first version lends me to believe the second version may be the correct one. In which case, you are totally correct:

Jonah returned to his residence in Coronado on July 11, in the early evening hours, to take a shower and pack some clothes. He returned to the hospital ...

Jonah said on July 11 he was at hospital with son. Went to residence later that evening to shower and pack clothes. He returned to Ronald McDonald House at about 0155 hours but were full so went to Homestead Inn for night.

I for one don't believe that Jonah waited until almost 2am to see if there was any available space at the RMH.........

I wouldn't know about SW airlines. I've only taken it once.

But from what I can tell about Jonah, he's very frugal. So he likely has SW accounts as would his family members including Dina, etc.

The term "Southwest account" is really only a "branded" bank card......ie. VISA or MASTERCARD, and has no direct affiliation to the airline. One doesn't have to actually fly on SouthWest to accrue miles to be used on that airline and/or its partners. And about Jonah being frugal: not when it comes to him.....think about Spreckels and all the money he has poured into it since the deaths of Max and Rebecca, the big expensive home he has in PV, the expensive yacht, the house that he purchased in Del Mar in October of 2011, the home on G Ave that is still his........the list goes on and on.

The term "Southwest account" is really only a "branded" bank card......ie. VISA or MASTERCARD, and has no direct affiliation to the airline. One doesn't have to actually fly on SouthWest to accrue miles to be used on that airline and/or its partners. And about Jonah being frugal: not when it comes to him.....think about Spreckels and all the money he has poured into it since the deaths of Max and Rebecca, the big expensive home he has in PV, the expensive yacht, the house that he purchased in Del Mar in October of 2011, the home on G Ave that is still his........the list goes on and on.
Yet he nor Dina felt it in their son's best interest, thus a valid expense, to hire a nanny! (sorry to keep harping on this...) So much heartbreak and tragedy could so easily have been avoided for all parties involved, especially the two who no longer can speak for themselves. So pathetically sad.

Yet he nor Dina felt it in their son's best interest, thus a valid expense, to hire a nanny! (sorry to keep harping on this...) So much heartbreak and tragedy could so easily have been avoided for all parties involved, especially the two who no longer can speak for themselves. So pathetically sad.

I agree.......how selfish of both Dina and Jonah.

It would have been most helpful if Anne Bremner had given more specifics in her Facebook post about the account besides writing that someone had accessed Asian anime *advertiser censored* on Becky's computer with a "SW account". As it is, it's very confusing whether an actual SW account card or a regular credit card branded SW was used.

Appears that Jonah is at times real frugal with himself too as the types of cars he owns and drives around are not extravagant. Also, he doesn't hire limos or chauffeurs or housekeepers, etc., only one chef whose family lives at the Spreckels guesthouse. It seems like Jonah buys expensive yacht and homes to entertain guests, rather than to enjoy them by himself and his family.

I think he buys luxury items primarily for investment and resale purposes. Other items and services he is very economical and practical about even in regards to himself.

Hi Carioca, I'm not sure what you mean that I am disputing Ann Rule's version?

I just searched for all the Luber references in Ann Rule's kindle book, and the only thing she wrote in regards to Mon evening and Jonah and Luber were:

"Jonah said he'd never left Max's side all that day, not until the doctors told him Monday evening that Max would be having tests for an hour, and sent him home. His best friend, Dr. Howard Luber, drove him there, where he took a quick shower, made some sandwiches, and packed a few personal items. "I drove myself back."

Ann Rule's version was based only on Jonah's statements -- that Luber drove Jonah home to Spreckels "Monday evening". From memory, I recall either an insider or an article saying that Jonah did not arrive home to Spreckels mansion until around midnight.

"Monday evening" vs. midnight? Monday evening is very broad. My definition of evening is the time period after 5pm to midnight. I don't see that as my disputing Ann Rule's (or to be more accurate, Jonah's) version.

hi bourne - probably just semantics. My read on "in the early evening hours" (as per SW and not Ann Rule) to mean around 6 or 7 or even 8, but not midnight. The only reason the timing is particularly important as it gives us a time frame of when HL arrived.

hi bourne - probably just semantics. My read on "in the early evening hours" (as per SW and not Ann Rule) to mean around 6 or 7 or even 8, but not midnight. The only reason the timing is particularly important as it gives us a time frame of when HL arrived.

I agree that the SW does state "early evening hours" and that would mean earlier than 9pm. IDK when exactly HL arrived at the airport. Maybe Becky's sister, XZ would know? If only we had HL's boarding pass or obtained the passenger manifest from the airlines for that day. lol

What do you think the significance is with respect to the time Luber arrived?

I agree that the SW does state "early evening hours" and that would mean earlier than 9pm. IDK when exactly HL arrived at the airport. Maybe Becky's sister, XZ would know? If only we had HL's boarding pass or obtained the passenger manifest from the airlines for that day. lol

What do you think the significance is with respect to the time Luber arrived?

Another car in the mix.......Luber's rental?

Another car in the mix.......Luber's rental?

Does Luber not have a car in his Spreckels home behind Jonah's?

I'm not sure how his having a car or a rental fit into the grand scheme of what happened to Becky?

From what I can tell, it appears that after Becky picked up Luber from airport, she dropped Luber off at his home. Luber then either drove his own car, a rental, or Jonah's car back to the hospital to pick up Jonah. Luber and Jonah likely speak with doctors at the hospital Mon night. Luber drops Jonah back at Spreckels. Jonah informs Becky of what was happening to Max, then showers and drives his own car back to the hospital/RMH/hotel to stay the night close to Max.

I'm not sure how his having a car or a rental fit into the grand scheme of what happened to Becky?

From what I can tell, it appears that after Becky picked up Luber from airport, she dropped Luber off at his home. Luber then either drove his own car, a rental, or Jonah's car back to the hospital to pick up Jonah. Luber and Jonah likely speak with doctors at the hospital Mon night. Luber drops Jonah back at Spreckels. Jonah informs Becky of what was happening to Max, then showers and drives his own car back to the hospital/RMH/hotel to stay the night close to Max.

I don't know if Luber keeps a car in the garage at his Coronado home. There is an Enterprise car rental agency about 2 blocks away though.......

bourne ~ I don't think that whether Luber had his own car or a rental makes much difference, although plates on a car licensed to a certain person is traceable, for example, on surveillance at facility parking lots or on Coronado bridge cameras. A rental would draw less attention and LE would be less likely to trace it. IDK if HL was ever interviewed by LE. My guess is no.

So far the only info we have on HL is via Nina and a comment by Jonah via Ann's book. Considering the complexity of this case, IMO thinking outside the box is essential. Therefore, every detail should be examined. Only then decide whether or not it plays a part in the grand scheme of Rebecca's murder.

For example, Nina chose to drive herself back to G Street on Tuesday night using Jonah's Honda SUV rather than Dina's black Mercedes SUV. Thus Dina had her own car at her disposition Tuesday night to come and go rather than having to ask Jonah for the keys to his. It may mean something; it may mean nothing.

As to HL's arrival, we only have Nina's word that he flew in Monday night around 10PM and flew out Tuesday evening around 6PM. For all I know, he could have already been in Coronado on Monday and never even left on Tuesday, either going to his home or to Jonah's boat. IOW we really know nothing as fact. JMO :banghead:

I don't know if Luber keeps a car in the garage at his Coronado home. There is an Enterprise car rental agency about 2 blocks away though.......

Is the Enterprise car rental agency near where the now defunct gym was located? TIA

bourne ~ I don't think that whether Luber had his own car or a rental makes much difference, although plates on a car licensed to a certain person is traceable, for example, on surveillance at facility parking lots or on Coronado bridge cameras. A rental would draw less attention and LE would be less likely to trace it. IDK if HL was ever interviewed by LE. My guess is no.

So far the only info we have on HL is via Nina and a comment by Jonah via Ann's book. Considering the complexity of this case, IMO thinking outside the box is essential. Therefore, every detail should be examined. Only then decide whether or not it plays a part in the grand scheme of Rebecca's murder.

For example, Nina chose to drive herself back to G Street on Tuesday night using Jonah's Honda SUV rather than Dina's black Mercedes SUV. Thus Dina had her own car at her disposition Tuesday night to come and go rather than having to ask Jonah for the keys to his. It may mean something; it may mean nothing.

As to HL's arrival, we only have Nina's word that he flew in Monday night around 10PM and flew out Tuesday evening around 6PM. For all I know, he could have already been in Coronado on Monday and never even left on Tuesday, either going to his home or to Jonah's boat. IOW we really know nothing as fact. JMO :banghead:

I love how you think, Carioca! I agree that given the misinformation Gore had given at the press conference, and the mishandling of Becky's case, we need to think outside-the-box to get to the truths.

Do you think Luber may be involved in Becky's murder?

I love how you think, Carioca! I agree that given the misinformation Gore had given at the press conference, and the mishandling of Becky's case, we need to think outside-the-box to get to the truths.

I can tell you what makes me think he is NOT involved, but I can't say it here because they are rumors!

I can tell you what makes me think he is NOT involved, but I can't say it here because they are rumors!

Ok, Time, you can tell me why in PM then. lol

I personally have NO idea! :fence: And I haven't heard any rumors...

The 24 hours after little Max's fall were, without a doubt, fraught with anguish, heartbreak, emotional pain, despair and shock. The need to know exactly what happened would obviously lead to numerous potential scenarios and speculation. I can only imagine if I were a doctor and my very best friend's child was in critical condition, I would go to the end of the world to alleviate his pain.

Do I think he knows something that could shed light on the case? You bet. But just my opinion, as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME