Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was not a step-mom, she was a recently divorced live-in girlfriend, who also happens (for whatever reason, I can't comprehend) thief.
I don't know why it bothers me she claims 3 children as her own, it just does. Something up with her.
IMO
A thief? I must have missed this. Got any more details on this?

Well if she wanted someone to pick up the dog, it probably meant no one would be there to take care of the dog, including her. Was she going somewhere?

She was going to the hospital to visit her SON.

A thief? I must have missed this. Got any more details on this?

She was caught at Macy's having stolen $1000 worth of jewelry which she put in various shopping bags. She got apprehended by security - ended up paying $500 in fines and agreeing to a misdemeanor. This occurred in 2009. I wonder if she was already with Shacknai at the time. In my opinion, this brings up some questions about her character, integrity. I would not DARE do something like that. I hate to sound harsh, but if you have the audacity to do something like that, then it says something about who you are.

She was going to the hospital to visit her SON.

And that requires having the dog picked up? For how long? Was she planning to be there around the clock, 24/7? I guess it is possible but being that Max fell while under her care and Dina was there, I don't know if she would be welcomed there. Just my thoughts...I could be wrong.

And that requires having the dog picked up? For how long? Was she planning to be there around the clock, 24/7? I guess it is possible but being that Max fell while under her care and Dina was there, I don't know if she would be welcomed there. Just my thoughts...I could be wrong.
Dina wasn't there when the child fell. RN and the 13 yr old daughter were the only ones there when he fell. The 13 yr old made the 911 call.

Now the brother - Adam. I read where he was staying in one of the guest houses - so where was he when the child fell? He was the one to find RN and its been said that Dina was also there at that time.

And thank you for the report about the theft. 2009 - they were together then. It has been said that he separated from the wife and almost immediately started seeing RN.

I would really like to hear the 2 911 calls that were made. Both are sealed for now. That speaks volumes - there is info in those calls that LE does not want released.

JMHO

She was caught at Macy's having stolen $1000 worth of jewelry which she put in various shopping bags. She got apprehended by security - ended up paying $500 in fines and agreeing to a misdemeanor. This occurred in 2009. I wonder if she was already with Shacknai at the time. In my opinion, this brings up some questions about her character, integrity. I would not DARE do something like that. I hate to sound harsh, but if you have the audacity to do something like that, then it says something about who you are.

I have far more character problems with people who are violent towards others.

I don't understand shoplifting or stealing, but repeated physical violence towards others is far worse to see in a human being. Not so good for your children to hear either, but we don't know if Max was home at the time or how loud it got given he might have been asleep. I believe the police were called at least 3 times and each of them claimed the other lied. And, how can you keep a dog in the house that is protective of one person when this conflict is going on.

One thing that bothers me is that we don't know when Jonah started to date Rebecca exactly. I have read 2 years plus already. This would mean sometime in 2009. It was only in January of 2009 that Dina and he argued and she said "you can't leave me." If he was seeing Rebecca already when Dina and he started to have marital problems, then this would be a good reason for Dina to dislike Rebecca. The death of Max probably sent her over the top. Huge speculation on my part but just seems to be some time overlap there -- and infidelity does not feel good for any woman.

I have far more character problems with people who are violent towards others.

I don't understand shoplifting or stealing, but repeated physical violence towards others is far worse to see in a human being. Not so good for your children to hear either, but we don't know if Max was home at the time or how loud it got given he might have been asleep. I believe the police were called at least 3 times and each of them claimed the other lied. And, how can you keep a dog in the house that is protective of one person when this conflict is going on.

Honestly, I don't really get physical abuse. I get that they quarreled but those injuries on Dina are not major injuries - those are scratches and not even serious bite marks from a dog IMO. Sometimes couples argue. If your husband is cheating on you -- then all the more so. Just saying...that's what I get out of it when I read about it.

One thing that bothers me is that we don't know when Jonah started to date Rebecca exactly. I have read 2 years plus already. This would mean sometime in 2009. It was only in January of 2009 that Dina and he argued and she said "you can't leave me." If he was seeing Rebecca already when Dina and he started to have marital problems, then this would be a good reason for Dina to dislike Rebecca. The death of Max probably sent her over the top. Huge speculation on my part but just seems to be some time overlap there -- and infidelity does not feel good for any woman.
The only flaw in that was that the child was not dead when RN was found. Yes, he was in the hospital but he was not disconnected from life support for a few more days.

So, the fact that ex-wife may have left the hospital and gone to the mansion to "have a talk" with RN - still wouldn't be that the child had died. KWIM?

Instead of pointing out the victims faults, that is just sad, we should look at those around her that are still alive IMO
http://www.scottsdale-az-blog.com/2011/07/20/pv-police-records-unveil-shacknais-stormy-marriage/

“While our marriage did not work out as either of us had hoped, it did produce a wonderful son, Max, whom both of us loved very much. His loss is unimaginable. These police reports are not reflective of the totality or the precise details of the events during a difficult time in our marriage that we worked through together. The release of the records as we grieve Max’s recent loss pains us greatly, and we request that the privacy of our family be respected. The unfortunate attention to these records is a distraction from the most important concern of honoring our beautiful son, who lives on in both of our hearts.”

:heartbeat:

The only flaw in that was that the child was not dead when RN was found. Yes, he was in the hospital but he was not disconnected from life support for a few more days.

So, the fact that ex-wife may have left the hospital and gone to the mansion to "have a talk" with RN - still wouldn't be that the child had died. KWIM?

Yes but if you are a clinical psychologist doctor like Dina is...she knows what "brain dead" really means. It means this is it -- your child is not coming back. You are waiting until you have the strength to let him go. This case breaks my heart...it really does. A child died and no one can bring him back...a woman is dead..and perhaps it was/was not homicide...but its just tragic.

Ted Greenberg, owner of Camp Diggity Dog, said Nalepa called the Coronado kennel last Monday, shortly after the boy's fall, to ask that someone pick up her 14-month-old Weimaraner, Ocean. She said her child was hospitalized after an injury.
"She described it as her child," he said.
Greenberg went to the home Tuesday.
"She was crying on the phone on Monday and Tuesday she was quiet," he said.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15075598/...mansion-owners-son-girlfriend?redirected=true

... snipped ...

Now the brother - Adam. I read where he was staying in one of the guest houses - so where was he when the child fell? He was the one to find RN and its been said that Dina was also there at that time.

It has been reported that AS arrived Mon to be there for his brother - assumed summonsed by JS after MS' fall.

I think there is confusion about Dina having be called by police as a "witness" that has led some to erroneously speculate that she was on-scene at the discovery of RN.

I could be wrong.

MOO

She was not a step-mom, she was a recently divorced live-in girlfriend, who also happens (for whatever reason, I can't comprehend) thief.
I don't know why it bothers me she claims 3 children as her own, it just does. Something up with her.
IMO

I don't think it's fair to present opposing opposites, Rebecca was probably something in between but it certainly sounds from all accounts she was more than a live-in girlfriend. I live with my partner, but I don't consider myself a live-in girlfriend. The only evidence we have that Rebecca claimed the three children as her own is someone saying she treated the children as her own (honorable in my opinion) and the dog guy saying she referred to them as her son or daughter or both. So what! I was a single parent for a long time and it's pretty darn difficult to find a partner who will treat your children as their own. I don't think this makes her suspicious, I think it makes her seem like she really cared for Jonah - all of him, his totality includes his children. Too often someone doesn't really care about or want someone elses children, they just put up with it. My children are grown, but my partner treats them as if they are ours and my grandkids are ours - we all like that fact about him. It's called being integrated into your family.

When my dad died suddenly on a Sunday morning, I traveled all day long to get there. I found that the family dog had been temporarily kenneled, and with good reason.

There were dozens if not hundreds of people in and out of our house for the next week, and our sweet but rambunctious Boxer would have been impossible to restrain during all the excitement. We wouldn't lock her up in a room alone, and it was summer in Texas, so she couldn't have been left in the 100 degree heat outside.

The minute things calmed down at the end of the week, my mom said, "Quick, let's go get Tina!"
And we did, and she did more to console us than anything else could have.

--snipped---

So, if this is to be believed, it changes, a large portion, of what has been released by LE up to this point. In the first place, it says Dina was a 'witness in Rebecca's death'. Not in her hanging. Did she see Rebecca when she was still alive? Did she help cut her down?

I would like to go much further into this quote, but until it is confirmed, I feel it may be premature. If this article is true, it speaks volumes imo.

-------comments to the article stating dina was a "witness".
roger

7:27am on Monday, July 18, 2011
Dina is a witness to Zahau's death....is that a missprint?

Jennifer Vigil ---writer of the article

9:34am on Monday, July 18, 2011
Detectives have labeled Dina a witness, yes, under questioning from the media, to distinguish between witness and “person of interest” or suspect. They have also labeled Jonah and Adam as witnesses. That doesn't necessarily mean the people talking to investigators were present at the scene. Only Adam and Rebecca have been named as having been on the property that night. Thanks for your question.

This is exactly my feelings too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members