Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but if you are a clinical psychologist doctor like Dina is...she knows what "brain dead" really means. It means this is it -- your child is not coming back. You are waiting until you have the strength to let him go. This case breaks my heart...it really does. A child died and no one can bring him back...a woman is dead..and perhaps it was/was not homicide...but its just tragic.

They also donated 3 of MS organs for transplant.
Brings a tear to my eye, such a kind, selfless thing to do.
IMO

It has been reported that AS arrived Mon to be there for his brother - assumed summonsed by JS after MS' fall.

I think there is confusion about Dina having be called by police as a "witness" that has led some to erroneously speculate that she was on-scene at the discovery of RN.

I could be wrong.

MOO
http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/07/22/what-went-down-at-the-shacknai-mansion/

In the above it states that Adam was living there. I know this is the Hinky Meter - but she lists all of her links at the end of the article. I don't have time right now to look through each one to see where it was stated that he was "living" there - but I do remember reading that myself.

It seems to be a question as to whether the brother was living there for the summer or had recently arrived at the request of his brother since the child was hospitalized.

It has been reported that AS arrived Mon to be there for his brother - assumed summonsed by JS after MS' fall.

I think there is confusion about Dina having be called by police as a "witness" that has led some to erroneously speculate that she was on-scene at the discovery of RN.

I could be wrong.

MOO

I agree. I think the word "witness" started out as " being questioned" It has been reported several times that both her and JS were at the hospital at the time of Rebeccas death. Hence the police checking hospital security cameras.

As I'm reading here, people are describing pictures from the crime scene. Where are you all seeing these? TIA!

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/07/22/what-went-down-at-the-shacknai-mansion/

In the above it states that Adam was living there. I know this is the Hinky Meter - but she lists all of her links at the end of the article. I don't have time right now to look through each one to see where it was stated that he was "living" there - but I do remember reading that myself.

It seems to be a question as to whether the brother was living there for the summer or had recently arrived at the request of his brother since the child was hospitalized.

Frank said Adam had flown in from out of state on Monday and was “staying in the house to be there for his brother.” According to Frank, Adam cut Nalepa down from the “makeshift noose,” called police, and attempted to render medical care.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/07/19/jonah-shacknai-mansion-deaths-girlfriend-rebecca-nalepa-son-max-die-within-days.html

ETA: also lots up-thread about how AS lives in Memphis, spoke w/ leasing agent couple days prior to MS' fall, rents, works on tugboat, etc.

Honestly, I don't really get physical abuse. I get that they quarreled but those injuries on Dina are not major injuries - those are scratches and not even serious bite marks from a dog IMO. Sometimes couples argue. If your husband is cheating on you -- then all the more so. Just saying...that's what I get out of it when I read about it.

There's a lot more to it than that.

Jonah Shacknai claimed that Dina tried to strangle him, that's why the dog bit her, he said.

http://www.10news.com/news/28591208/detail.htm

You cannot leave me.'" According to the report, "she jumped on the front of the car … tried to push her way into the car … slapping him around the face and shoulders.'"

Jonah Shacknai sent a letter to police that challenged the officer's documentation of events and detailed a pattern of abuse, saying: "I have been assaulted physically several times by my wife, Dina Shacknai … I was treated for a broken finger as a consequence of one such assault."

I'm sure there is a lot more too. And, one of them or both have to be lying about something that is very serious.

Vinnie is now reporting it was NOT MS's sister at the home.
It was RN sister.

Vinnie is now reporting it was NOT MS's sister at the home.
It was RN sister.

Interesting .. she had a sister who was ~20 years younger? And, I thought my siblings were spread out. However, I'd like to see some triangulation on that claim. Wasn't it LE who first claimed the girl was sent back to SC. Are there two girls or is that an incredible coincidence?

So what was the first 911 call about? was it a noise complaint or something? A 911 hang up call? Did LE do a knock and leave when no one answered the door? Sadly that happens alot. Some cases murder vics are not discovered for days or weeks when family and friends take it upon themselves to break in.

And that requires having the dog picked up? For how long? Was she planning to be there around the clock, 24/7? I guess it is possible but being that Max fell while under her care and Dina was there, I don't know if she would be welcomed there. Just my thoughts...I could be wrong.

My take on this is different but may be insightful. My husband has a beautiful labrador (16 mos old) who is being trained as a field trial dog. She is very obedient in the field and when we are with her however she has BOUNDLESS energy and is quite large. We learned early on that she just cannot be trusted alone in the house for any length of time. Now I don't live in a million dollar mansion but we make arrangments for her not to be alone esp. if we aren't sure how long we will be gone.

So what was the first 911 call about? was it a noise complaint or something? A 911 hang up call? Did LE do a knock and leave when no one answered the door? Sadly that happens alot. Some cases murder vics are not discovered for days or weeks when family and friends take it upon themselves to break in.

From my understanding one 911 call is concerning the childs accident, and the other when Rebecca was found. Was there 2 calls made the same day as Rebecca's death?

So I don't know if this has been made clear or not but was RN's sister there AS WELL as Max's sis? Or was it just one of them?

I think it was reported she had 6 siblings (RN)
IMO

Yes, I remember reading that - has 6 or is one of 6.

But we still don't know if any of RN's siblings are in the 13 year old range.

In any case, I still think the 13 year old in question is MS' half-sister, GS.

MOO

It's my understanding the 13 y/o called 911 when maxie went down the stairs. They are saying on HLN that the 13 y/o is RN's sister. Also it wasn't confirmed but Vinnie and his guests mentioned two things I did earlier. One the music was a cover up for the crime and two the brothers did not get along. As I said earlier, AN was very jealous of his brother. That is what makes me suspicous of him and now the ex-wife.

Remembering what I just heard on HLN
A woman from Radar Online said she got her information from LE, that it was Rececca's sister at the home.
Vinnie and a guest (male) are calling it an "alleged" murder for sake of discussion.
Jealousy and anger as the motive.

Did his love turn to hate over his son's accident?
IMO

I think they could have put a tent up so no above shots could be taken, this I find was disgusting.

I thought I recalled that LE had to go fetch some kind of warrant and that it took hours to get the bureaucracy working and get it done. Therefore they had to leave her out there as-was.

And now, 15 detectives on the case? I wonder if all these Sherlocks have figured out how to screw in a lightbulb yet........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro