Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But you're thinking as a person who is not involved in this tragic accident and not devastated nor depressed. Her taking her life makes sense to me. I would assume if you are so far gone that you really want to commit suicide, you are not particularly concerned about the emotional aftermath of your loved ones.

She loved this little boy so much and feels responsible for his death (even though she probably wasn't). Knowing Max was the apple of his daddy's eye, she is so consumed with grief and feels she owes it to the world to end her life because she is such a horrible person. FYI - this is a theory. I do not believe she was a horrible person at all - just trying to get into her thought process if it was suicide.

To me in the end it shows Rebecca was a wonderful person with a lot of love in her heart and she gave that love to Jonah and his children. That is why her pain was so deep. That is why Max's death profoundly affected her. I know how deep love can be for children that are not my own biological children. She probably thought Jonah could never look into her eyes again the same way knowing she was the adult there when Max was gravely hurt.

We don't know if he may have had conversations with her after Max got hurt and then died. He would be struggling for answers too and may have said to her 'Rebecca how could this happen..where were you?"

While I am not a 100% sure it was a suicide ..I can also understand if it was.
She had to be reeling with pain and regret.

IMO

Whatever happened to the "Don't Leave Town" line.
IMO

I'm in agreement with you on this. Remember in the Ramsey case when Jon Benet's half siblings were immediately flown out of town on private jet to upper Michigan. I never thought they properly questioned them.

I don't believe Max's 'fall' and subsequent death was accidental and I don't believe Rebecca committed suicide either.

These deaths are absolutely connected IMO and husband is in it up to his eyeballs AFAIC.

IF her death is a homicide, I'm thinking the answers might be found from the ex wife side.

Just a thought....the ex is very grief strickened and angry, and perhaps blames Rebecca for her sons death (although he wasn't taken off life support at the time, she likely knew he would be) It was reported JS started dating Rebecca shortly after he seperated from ex, but I wonder if he was seeing her before, and the reason for the seperation? If so, the ex might still feel bitter, thinking you took my husband from me and now my son.

If she was involved I don't think she did it herself. jmo

Somehow this does not seem like a quickly-planned murder in the heat of passion, i.e. grief over the little boy's injury and death. This was way to intricate, some kind of "message" killing, if indeed a murder...

You know which case this reminds me of? Jon Benet Ramsey. We've got the weird circumstances in the house, the possibly comprised scene, the shuffling of the major players out of state very quickly after the incident occurred.

Hinky, hinky.

I apologize if this is wrong to think or post....

I was very curious as to why they took out a rolled up rug. I know a number of people have commented about the body and rigor motis etc and said she may have passed away some time before she was found...

I am also puzzled about the ties on her legs and also what was used to tie up her wrists. Electrical cord is hard to use and tie(I hate to roll ours up when doing yard work)...but I can see it being used as the long rope her body was hung with. But what about the other bindings? What were they??

I wonder if someone tied her up in the room before she was hung. Hence the straps tied to her leg. And I wonder if she was dead before she was hung.

Here is the part I am not sure I should post. I had thought I had read that people can lose control of their bodily functions upon death, especially a violent death. That if she hung herself, then there would be a chance that there would be signs there in the courtyard that she lost control of her bodily functions...

But if she was killed prior to hanging (especially if someone choked her) then those forensics would be in the room that this happened. Like maybe on a rug...

Sorry.. I do not mean to be gross. I am just as puzzled as everyone else. Just when I think "murder" I also hear about other things (like blue scarf) that are a sign of grief etc....

I agree Sargenet. I do not for one minute believe this was a suicide and as stated on TV this morning, this case will be all about forensics. I also hope they check as to whether or not she could have been raped prior to death as well. A poster said yesterday that if the brother's DNA is on her, he can use the excuse that he cut her down. I am very suspicious of the brother and starting to wonder even about the ex-wife.

... snipped ...

Tough to re-enact and you can be darn sure I'm not going to get rope, haul out a long extension cord, put a table under my balcony, and give it a go to see if it would work. Least of all get naked before trying.

:floorlaugh:

Thanks anyoldtime48!

Please - no physical re-enactments!

the "bodily function" thing can happen as mentioned, however if you have not eaten lately, or had a lot of fluids, then it won't.

I can imagine with the grief over Max, maybe she was not hungry, or had not consumed much of anyone over the 2 days. This would account for no bodily fluids (If in fact there were none, there might have been but we have not heard that)

I am having too hard a time wrapping my head around this being a suicide.

I do understand that it can be done but why would she need to bind her legs and hands, if she wanted to commit suicide it would be much easier to just jump off the balcony. Once she jumped there was no more she could do, she wouldn't be able to get herself down. Also, being naked doesn't seem right, displaying herself in public like that.

I have a family member that committed suicide, but it was after years and years of battling demons and depression. It's the last resort, this seems too quick, the poor little boy had not even been pronounced dead yet.

Just seems too much like a homicide.

Ok I've got to weigh in here. I've been following (although not in depth) and I've seen all the pictures.

Here's my thought - any and all comments would be appreciated.

Go back and look at the crime scene. Where she is on the ground with the table on the walkway.

IF he cut her down - she would have fallen STRAIGHT DOWN. Straight down would have put her on the walkway or perhaps even hitting the table on the way down.

How in the hello did she get into the grass? Did Adam move her to the grass and possibly start CPR - if so, then why didn't he remove the noose?

Unless there was a freak windstorm at the moment he cut her down there is no way she would have fallen at such an angle to end up in that grass. NO WAY! It doesn't fit.

Comments?

Ok I've got to weigh in here. I've been following (although not in depth) and I've seen all the pictures.

Go back and look at the crime scene. Where she is on the ground with the table on the walkway.

IF he cut her down - she would have fallen STRAIGHT DOWN. Straight down would have put her on the walkway or perhaps even hitting the table on the way down.

How in the hello did she get into the grass? Did Adam move her to the grass and possibly start CPR - if so, then why didn't he remove the noose?

Unless there was a freak windstorm at the moment he cut her down there is no way she would have fallen at such an angle to end up in that grass. NO WAY! It doesn't fit.

Comments?

:applause: I agree wholeheartedly. I don't believe she committed suicide at all. I think that explains why my hinky meter goes off where the brother is concerned.

Somehow this does not seem like a quickly-planned murder in the heat of passion, i.e. grief over the little boy's injury and death. This was way to intricate, some kind of "message" killing, if indeed a murder...

Some suicides are often planned and are very creative with intricate details.

Depends on the person committing suicide.

Imo, it does show a woman in much pain that couldn't endure it anymore. She knew her life would never be the same again. Imo, that is why she made sure the dog was taken care of beforehand.

It shows a woman who deeply cared and deeply grieved imo.

IMO

:applause: I agree wholeheartedly. I don't believe she committed suicide at all. I think that explains why my hinky meter goes off where the brother is concerned.

Why the brother? Adam had just come into town to be with his brother once Max became gravely injured.

IMO

Comments?

He probably moved her to the soft grass where she wouldnt be placed on a concrete surface.

IMO

i dunno. it is a possibility that this was a suicide but "something is just not right" as they say, lol. i hope whatever it is determined to be, there is more information given.

I keep thinking about the painting that was removed from the house and the statement that there was alot of anger surrounding this death..just wish we had a few more details to go on. Am glad the investigators are taking their time..hopefully they are being very thorough.

The anger might not fit the suicide concept.. At midnight she spoke to sis and is ok..6 hours later..dead..alot of anger about something is involved..wheither it is Rebecca or someone else.

Nude body did make a BIG statement.. if Rebecca commited suicide(everything about me says NO WAY) the naked body is a slap to the ones that love her. If a murder.. then the naked body is a slap to those that love her. so either way naked body is a big statement. If she was guilt ridden about Maxie then she wouldnt want to slap JS again.

I really have more faith in LE than that. It would mean the entire police force would have to be in on it. I find that unrealistic. This isnt about taking care of a speeding ticket and making it go away.

If they determine it was a suicide then IMO it was a suicide. And I don't find that an unreasonable option either. In fact I really lean much more to a tragic suicide than homicide even now.

Lots of rich and powerful people have been arrested and convicted for criminal wrongdoings. Some serving LWOP or on death row.

So just because the home owner has money does not convince me LE would just let whomever is responsible for the homicide (IF there was one) get off.

I wasn't necessarily pointing the finger at LE although nothing in what I said implies the entire police force would have to be in on it, nor do I think that is probable. In these cases, different LE working on the case have different roles with most of them only knowing a part of the story. For instance, a forensic person or two will collect evidence at the scene but a different forensic person or team will analyze that evidence in the lab. Someone determines what evidence is sent on for what testing and if advanced testing is ordered. It's just not as simple as saying they would all have to be in on it.

LE does not make all the decisions in these cases and at some point a prosecutor gets involved who basically decides what evidence will be presented and who will get charged - that person often has the head DA looking over him/her and having input. There are judges who make rulings. There are decisions on what is told to the media, gag orders, sealing autopsies, etc. Every single person involved does not participate in every element or decision. Most involved only will intersect with a small part of a case and only communicate with a limited number of players.

Let's say this is ruled a homicide, but they have a few possible suspects ... then what happens? What if the forensics are not totally conclusive and it could go either way, but they have a great suspect because of motivation or for whatever other reasons. They choose at that point whether to pursue that suspect or call it a day and a suicide. Further, if they didn't gather the right evidence against that suspect from the beginning, they may not have a strong case and might decide not to pursue a conviction (and knowing they will be up against a multi-member team of well known, well funded defense experts and witnesses).

Comments?

BBM

The way I envisioned it is AS jumps up on the table and places left arm around RN's waist (with AS elbow at waist, hand at shoulder to support weight) and with right hand holding a knife, cuts the noose rope.

With the combined weight of AS & RN on the table, maybe one of the table legs gives way here? AS manages to get off table while holding RN, he then places RN on the grass.

IF this was suicide, a potential rescuer who might have thought there was a chance of survival, might have quickly realized that if he simply cut the noose rope, she would have fallen straight down on that stone path (as you suggested) which could have cause more damage to the body, and thus affected any slim chance of revival/survival.

????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member