Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If her family comes out again, then maybe we can bring the spot light back to this case with the general media. Who knew PR firms did their job sooo dam well. It must be nice to be able to afford to manipulate the media like that... *sarcastic*

Exactly. We haven't heard anything from her family besides her sister's first and only statement.

And not one peep from anyone at the hospital?

[snipped]

I can field this one. Any hospital employee who comments about this (or any) case, either publicly or privately, without permission from Max's parents, is in violation of HIPAA privacy laws and at risk of being fired.

For that matter, any hospital employee who accesses Max's records out of curiosity, or otherwise without a legitimate reason, would face disciplinary action.

Meanwhile, Jonah has been interviewed "extensively and exhaustively by law enforcement, about Max's death, and Rebecca's. Jonah has been extremely cooperative with authorities," the source says. Adam was also interviewed by cops about Rebecca's death.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...rother-adam-house-comfort-after-son-max-death

Have we seen anywhere where DS has been questioned (above posts about possible hospital admission......)

The defense attorney showed up quickly...and "former two time district attorney" ?

Within hours of the discovery of Nalepa's body — as news helicopters circled overhead — attorney Paul Pfingst, former two-term district attorney, now one of the region's top criminal defense attorneys, showed up at the mansion. Pfingst would only say that he's been hired to represent someone in the case.
http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jul/19/local/la-me-mansion-deaths-20110719

I just hope justice, whatever that may be, is served where, and if, warranted. My gut feels sick over this one.

RUMOR ALERT....cannot find the reference where I saw it.

I went back last night and read through all the threads from the first through the end.
It was written the day after they found her. I was trying to find a comment under one of the articles that stated something about Rebecca. It was a rather bold statement that could be considered a rumor if I posted it.

Alas I could not find it but it basically said that " After 2 years she was getting ready to leave him because of his unfaithfulness and the reason she had stayed so long was because of her love for the kids". They spelled her name Rebakah.

It was a comment at an article that apparently has had all comments removed.

The best of the best, I'd venture to say....

Paul Pfingst rejoined Higgs Fletcher & Mack in 2003 after serving eight years as San Diego County District Attorney. He is recognized as one of San Diego's top trial lawyers. His successful prosecutions of San Diego's most serious criminal cases earned him a national reputation. He is the former President of the California District Attorneys Association and a former member of the Board of Directors of the National District Attorneys Association. In 2000, the United States Attorney General presented Mr. Pfingst with the coveted "William French Smith Award" for outstanding contributions to law enforcement. Mr. Pfingst has lectured extensively on trial technique and has contributed to a variety of legal publications.

Prior to his election in 1994, Mr. Pfingst was a Firm partner specializing in product liability, medical malpractice, professional licensing, and general litigation. Mr. Pfingst was the lead attorney for California physicians in the national breast implant litigation.

http://www.higgslaw.com/apg_a53_Paul_J_Pfingst.html

I went back last night and read through all the threads from the first through the end.
It was written the day after they found her. I was trying to find a comment under one of the articles that stated something about Rebecca. It was a rather bold statement that could be considered a rumor if I posted it.

Alas I could not find it but it basically said that " After 2 years she was getting ready to leave him because of his unfaithfulness and the reason she had stayed so long was because of her love for the kids". They spelled her name Rebakah.

I've read rumors of rumors of unfaithfulness...can you get your head around that? ;) I was ASSUMING a happy relationship...but not so fast. We really do not know, imo...

And the comments being scrubbed is VERY interesting. It's like they are trying to stop commentors from communicating, imo. Remember Uncle Rick on Topix? I was there when he first posted and only a handful really believed it was him....but it was. Blogs, comment sections...that's how info in the digital age gets out. Gotta check twitter more often, I think.

BBM: I almost posted about this. Every site I have look at today, has had comments removed. Saying be the first to post a comment.
IMO

Quester, I don't throw tomatoes. Now I agree with your post, this is what could have happened. However, no way in he// will I believe she committed suicide in that manner. She was a very attractive woman, and I'm sure if she decided to do this she would not want her ex-lover to find her in such a grotesque manner. Pills would be my answer, never demeaning her looks.

Now take that darn raincoat off!! :crazy:

I totally agree. I could believe the scenario but for the so-called method of suicide.

Imagine (directed at readers in general, not Jacy) you make a snap decision to commit suicide. Would you know off the top of your head how to effectively hang yourself?

I know I wouldn't. I'd have to search the Internet to find out how to tie a noose!

Nor would it occur to me to bind my hands to defeat the self-preservation instinct. Granted, if I looked up how to tie a noose, this info might be included peripherally. (Sorry, I am not going to look this up just to see what comes up, as I find it too creepy. Anyone else want to, knock yourself out. No pun intended.)

But say hypothetically that RN did do such a search which also advised binding hands.

Why would she bind her ankles?

Sorry if the reason for this in a suicide scenario has already been discussed.

I've read rumors of rumors of unfaithfulness...can you get your head around that? ;) I was ASSUMING a happy relationship...but not so fast. We really do not know, imo...

And the comments being scrubbed is VERY interesting. It's like they are trying to stop commentors from communicating, imo. Remember Uncle Rick on Topix? I was there when he first posted and only a handful really believed it was him....but it was. Blogs, comment sections...that's how info in the digital age gets out. Gotta check twitter more often, I think.

And trust me I re-read every article referenced on the 3 threads and a few I'd found on my own way up into the wee hours of the am. It is rare one can't find something somewhere in Topix -there has been nothing I could find on this. There is a reason for this I think. Perhaps the sources could be sued or the police want to guarantee all is secure.

I just feel bad for Rebecca's family. The other person in her relationship for the last two years could express some type of condolences!!!- For me that speaks volumes!

And now I just want to vent....I am furious that the LE could not erect a tent over her body to shield it from those helicopters...How absolutely callous!!! They may have to leave the body uncovered but it could have been shielded from prying eyes.

I may write them about that. I've never seen that done before. They could have gotten one from any funeral home...I think that was mental cruelty to her family!

A lengthy piece written by a former DA, etc...man, it's interesting. I dug it up while researching the criminal defense attorney...but, wow...what a read. I highly rec'd it. Did this fella, the defense attorney, leave the DA office under shameful circumstances? He was doing medical malpractic when he left, representing doctors, (see above link)...and there's more about him in this piece...

http://www.sandiegomagazine.com/cor...ust-2005/Mike-Aguirre-Raging-Bull/&mode=print

Something just popped into my head, I think because Drano was mentioned.

I don't know where I heard this or when, but I do know it was a long time ago, possibly decades (!) so may no longer hold true. But it stuck in my head because I found it so interesting.

The statement was that women who commit suicide by drinking a caustic substance like Drano, drink it quickly through a straw because they don't want to mar their looks by drinking it out of a glass and having it damage their facial tissue.

The relevance here is that even suicidal women care about their looks.

So I agree with all the other posters who have stated that they don't believe RN, who looks immaculately groomed in all the photos we've seen of her, would choose to commit suicide in a manner with the potential to grotesquely mar her face.

I'm going to check my comments on articles, from now on, and many will I'm sure, and I'll go back to check to see if I see them scrubbed.

And now I just want to vent....I am furious that the LE could not erect a tent over her body to shield it from those helicopters...How absolutely callous!!! They may have to leave the body uncovered but it could have been shielded from prying eyes.

I may write them about that. I've never seen that done before. They could have gotten one from any funeral home...I think that was mental cruelty to her family!

I agree...that was very callous..and highly highly insensitive.

A lengthy piece written by a former DA, etc...man, it's interesting. I dug it up while researching the criminal defense attorney...but, wow...what a read. I highly rec'd it. Did this fella, the defense attorney, leave the DA office under shameful circumstances? He was doing medical malpractic when he left, representing doctors, (see above link)...and there's more about him in this piece...

http://www.sandiegomagazine.com/cor...ust-2005/Mike-Aguirre-Raging-Bull/&mode=print

I didn't read the whole article, but a few observations from a local:

Aguirre was considered a loose cannon by city employees very early on. As time went by, this perception began to be shared by SD population at large.

Pfingst is one of those love him or hate him people. From what I've read, he's done some things in his career that would wither under bright light, but then again, his office was able to convict David Westerfield in the child murder of Danielle Van Dam, all without him trying the case himself or appearing in the media at all, IIRC, except for a press conference soon after her remains were found.

JMO but if someone in this case felt the need to hire Pfingst? He/she/they anticipate trouble.

And no, I don't think he just showed up at the mansion looking for a case. I feel certain he has plenty of business that comes to him, without him going out seeking it.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was Adam. Do we know for sure if he has gone home?

He's likely on a slow tugboat to China right now.

But really, no doubt he's been all lawyered up by Team Shacknai and secured in a "safe" location. I hope LE gave this guy a good grilling that first day when they had the chance, because the next time any interview will likely be monitored and circumscribed by a vigilant defense attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak