Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://news.lalate.com/2011/07/24/r...-zahau-suffered-murder-staged-suicide-doctor/ forensic psychologist says he believes it is murder staged to look like suicide.

Thanks so much for the link, it's good to hear from an expert:

Second, women historically do not commit suicide by hanging, and rarely unclothed. In an interview with CBS News, Dr. Mark Kalish says that men typically commit suicide differently than women. Men, according Kalish, commit suicide violently. Women, however, typically “tend to be more passive in their suicide attempts. They prefer overdosing on pills and drowning, things like that.”

... He says that women rarely commit suicides by hanging and unclothed. ...

Kalish says that based upon three decades of experience he believes that Nalepa was murdered, a homicide staged to look like a suicide. His assertion ironically follows recent ironic comments by investigators. They assert that many suicides look like homicides, and many homicides look like suicides.

question posted by commentor on an article:

"If it was a suicide, how do you climb over a balcony with your feet bound and your hands tied behind your back? There has to be someone else involved."

there are some comments here:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/jul/14/woman-found-dead-spreckels-mansion-identified/

ETA: be sure to click 'load more comments' at the bottom....

BBM - Scuba diver style - sit backwards on the side of the boat (railing), fall/flipping backwards into the water (courtyard).

If her family comes out again, then maybe we can bring the spot light back to this case with the general media. Who knew PR firms did their job sooo dam well. It must be nice to be able to afford to manipulate the media like that... *sarcastic*

Something just popped into my head, I think because Drano was mentioned.

I don't know where I heard this or when, but I do know it was a long time ago, possibly decades (!) so may no longer hold true. But it stuck in my head because I found it so interesting.

The statement was that women who commit suicide by drinking a caustic substance like Drano, drink it quickly through a straw because they don't want to mar their looks by drinking it out of a glass and having it damage their facial tissue.

The relevance here is that even suicidal women care about their looks.

So I agree with all the other posters who have stated that they don't believe RN, who looks immaculately groomed in all the photos we've seen of her, would choose to commit suicide in a manner with the potential to grotesquely mar her face.

This is so weird.....Back in the earlly 70's my grandfather was in the hospital (I was a young girl, 10-12 ) and I remember sitting in the waiting room. There was a beautiful lady there - she had drunk drano - she had severe burns from her lower neck and down the front of her - OMG - she must have used a straw - because I remember thinking - why would such a beautiful and graceful lady want to kill herself......

[snipped]

I can field this one. Any hospital employee who comments about this (or any) case, either publicly or privately, without permission from Max's parents, is in violation of HIPAA privacy laws and at risk of being fired.

For that matter, any hospital employee who accesses Max's records out of curiosity, or otherwise without a legitimate reason, would face disciplinary action.

Yes, makes sense. I understand the legalities. Still, a hard working reporter might be able to come up with something. Watch the National Enquirer pierce that shroud. Also, there are others besides employees at the hospital on any given day/night. And lower level employees might not have quite so much to lose, although I'm sure nobody wants to lose a job, no matter how menial. Did the parking garage attendant happen to see JS or DS leave in a rush? Would that fall under HIPAA laws, for instance?

This is so weird.....Back in the earlly 70's my grandfather was in the hospital (I was a young girl, 10-12 ) and I remember sitting in the waiting room. There was a beautiful lady there - she had drunk drano - she had severe burns from her lower neck and down the front of her - OMG - she must have used a straw - because I remember thinking - why would such a beautiful and graceful lady want to kill herself......

ahhh, i had never heard of this before. disturbing :(

Did we come up with a way she could tie her own hands behind her back? I can't recall...

OMG, hope no one searches my PC, I've googled and searched bondage discussions <the places a case will bring me> It doesn't appear to be an easy task and all references I've found say it takes practice. It seems to involve a 'cinch noose' (a type of hangmans knot) or a 'wrist coil' (a bondage tool, of sorts).

I googled about the 'cinch noose', which is also called a 'hangmans noose'....and found this:

A variation of this knot is used in fishing and is called the Uni-knot. It is used to tie fishing line to terminal tackle, join two pieces of line, or for snelling hooks. It is especially useful when used with slick braided line as more coils can be added to increase the friction of the knot and will not let the knot pull out. It is also useful in that the knot can be pulled down tight to the lure or it can be left with a larger loop that gives the lure more freedom of movement. The hangman's noose can also be used in boating to secure an eyelet on a rope or sheet without splicing it.

AS is a tugboat worker, iirc...the knots will tell the tale...I hope. Wonder how close AS and DS are...?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hangman's_knot

BBM

Loud music - suicide/RN - murder/the perp - time given was I think around 1 am......some think it was to cover-up sound of murder
Phone call from sister - could have been earlier if you go with time in CA

Also, does look like they are carrying a painting.......

Also, carried the 3-legged table.....

Definitely, time for another clue....this is frustrating because with info we have can be either suicide or homicide....:banghead::banghead:

To me this is a BIG CLUE!!!!

Has anyone read "The Gift of Fear"?
by Gavin Debecker
exerpt:

... "He got up and got dressed, closed the window, looked at his watch. He promised he wouldn't hurt me, and that promise came out of nowhere. Then he went into the kitchen to get a drink, supposedly, but I heard him opening drawers in there. He was looking for a knife, of course, but I knew way before that." She pauses. "I guess he wanted a knife because using the gun would be too noisy."

... "Oh…I do know. I get it, I get it. Noise was the thing—that's why he closed the window. That's how I knew."

Since he was dressed and supposedly leaving, he had no other reason to close her window. It was that subtle signal that warned her, but it was fear that gave her the courage to get up without hesitation and follow close behind the man who intended to kill her....

Read more: http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/The-Gift-of-Fear-by-Gavin-de-Becker/4#ixzz1T4uE8tje

I'm gonna go out on a limb here... and say the music was used to cover any screams.-while she was being tied up in the event she was able to, gagged at the time?
If police did respond to the noise would they verify that the person opening thr was indeed a resident of the home?- say just turn it down?

Sounds like there might be a "scene" of some sort in the home.
What time is sunrise in Cali?
She could have turned it up but if she was suicidal, turning the music up would call attention to her. I would think it would summon the person staying in the guest house to see what was up. Someone contemplating their own death, and intending to execute it... I don't think they'd want any attn drawn to the residence.
The blue scarf sounds like her tho. I guess the Father might know it's meaning.. Is that why Korean Flight attendants wear blue? In case the plane goes down?
hmm:waitasec:

crew-KoreanAirFAs.jpg

KoreanAirlinesUniform.jpg
Can't imagine the father going to all that trouble in his grief.
The brother was there when MS was injured?
What was the relationship like between brothers I wonder...

sorry for long post.:seeya:

Yes, makes sense. I understand the legalities. Still, a hard working reporter might be able to come up with something. Watch the National Enquirer pierce that shroud. Also, there are others besides employees at the hospital on any given day/night. And lower level employees might not have quite so much to lose, although I'm sure nobody wants to lose a job, no matter how menial. Did the parking garage attendant happen to see JS or DS leave in a rush? Would that fall under HIPAA laws, for instance?

1. A hardworking reporter, even one for NE, will not be able to pierce that shroud unless he/she has the means to guarantee the blabbermouth hospital employee income for life. Because once said employee is fired for violating confidentiality laws, no other reputable health care organization will be apt to hire him or her.

Hospitals take HIPAA very seriously, to ridiculous extents even, according to articles I've read and my own personal experience when my mother was gravely ill and I was 1500 miles away trying to get information about her condition. (Thankfully, she recovered.)

2. "Others" being family members of other children in ICU, I doubt given their situation they paid much attention to anything except the status of their own intensely ill relative.

3. There's no parking garage attendant at Rady as far as I know. The hospital does, however, provide free valet parking, which I have no doubt someone in the social class as JS would unhesitatingly use. It would be quite interesting to access those records, I agree.

RBBM

It certainly could. Great theory, imo. I also wondered if the client could be a minor and a parent could retain, yet, possibly restrict? Or another parent could restrict? Not sure on the legalities of that. I'm not saying the minor did any 'wrong', so to speak...but to watch out for the best interest of the child, during the investigation, who may have been present during Maxies accident/fall.

BBM
At this point why assume it was an "accident fall." There is too much at stake here. Something is very, very wrong!!

To me this is a BIG CLUE!!!!

Has anyone read "The Gift of Fear"?
by Gavin Debecker

I have read it, several times in fact. Extremely insightful and valuable, and anyone concerned with his/her personal safety should read it.

Now to the loud music--where did the 1:00 a.m. time for the music come from? I have done search after search and have not been able to find it.

Watch the video at the bottom of this link, the FOX news video. The REASON Rebeccas body was NOT covered by a TENT? The reporter asked police why, the answer? Because the Police had to wait for a SEARCH WARRANT to go back in after the 'emergency' was dealt with! http://celebritydaily.net/scandals/meet-adam-shacknai-jonah-shacknais-brother/

I have seen the search warrant excuse also, and it makes no sense to me. I am not a legal professional but as far as I know, investigating a suspicious death with the corpse in view would not require a search warrant.

WS legal peeps, help me out.

[/B][/B]

BBM
At this point why assume it was an "accident fall." There is too much at stake here. Something is very, very wrong!!

I used a / ....between "accident/fall." It's my attempt at presenting a balanced, thoughtful view and not assuming. ;) I do not know which it was, at this point. (I'm referring to Max, of course.)

Rebecca....different story.

Now, HOW did he fall? I'm suspicious...but I don't know.

I used a / ....between "accident/fall." It's my attempt at presenting a balanced, thoughtful view and not assuming. ;) I do not know which it was, at this point. (I'm referring to Max, of course.)

Rebecca....different story.

Now, HOW did he fall? I'm suspicious...but I don't know.

I'm very suspicious also, Paladine. However, my hinkey meter is way over the top. In my (not very humble opinion,) this was murder 101!!

I have seen the search warrant excuse also, and it makes no sense to me. I am not a legal professional but as far as I know, investigating a suspicious death with the corpse in view would not require a search warrant.

Well, that's the excuse they are giving...yet, in the same video the Chief stresses how this investigation will ride on forensics!

This certainly needs to be answered for. Is it the search warrant excuse or are the police lieing? And why?

Even if the homeowner gives verbal permission LE always prefers to get a signed SW by a Judge. It protects any evidence they may find. So a defense attorney cant file a motion later to suppress it because they didn't have an official signed SW.

IMO

I agree. One of the articles had stated the warrant had been received and executed because LE were in the house after receiving the warrant and her body was outside. That was a canned excuse, in my humble opinion and a poor one.

Huh? They needed a search warrant to cover her body with a tent??

Who Can Issue a California Search Warrant?
Although a search warrant is issued on behalf of the state (that is, by the prosecuting agency), the judge actually issues and signs it.3 The purpose of having a judge issue the warrant...instead of the police or a prosecutor...is to ensure that a neutral, detached individual evaluates the circumstances.4

But before the judge can sign off, two requirements must be met: the judge must reasonably believe (1) that a crime has been committed, and (2) that evidence of that crime is likely to be found in the place(s) described in the search warrant.5 If the facts presented in the warrant application are convincing, the judge must sign and issue the search warrant.6

http://www.shouselaw.com/search-warrants.html

So, the police go in, they asisst with the 'emergency' and leave, leaving Rebecca strewn naked, for all to see, across the lawn...while there, they see suspicious circumstances that fit the above criteria (or by law they wouldn't have gotten one), and apply for a search warrant... but why does that take so many hours? When, what time, did they get the warrant, anyone recall or have a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak