Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rebecca's family has to now solicit funds for her burial..........Does anyone else see anything wrong with this picture? JS, mega, mega millionaire won't cough up the $$$$ for her burial. Therein lies the story folks.

Either he did find out that RN somehow harmed Max, or he want's to hurt her (perhaps more then he already has,) for not taking care of little Max on her watch.

AGAIN, murder. Plain, but not simple!!!

I totally agree. Therein lies the story.

It is such a red flag, imo, the way they keep trying to protect the sister. First they say there was a girl there but she was 'not a member of the S family.' And they will not release the 911 call from the boy's accident. But then the article above states she was not even there when the ambulances arrive. THAT is strange. Would she call 911 for help and then just leave?

Rebecca's family has to now solicit funds for her burial..........Does anyone else see anything wrong with this picture? JS, mega, mega millionaire won't cough up the $$$$ for her burial. Therein lies the story folks.

Either he did find out that RN somehow harmed Max, or he want's to hurt her (perhaps more then he already has,) for not taking care of little Max on her watch.

AGAIN, murder. Plain, but not simple!!!

I do not take this memorial fund as accepting donations to bury her, but for setting something up to honour her memory.

NO. Not necessarily. The wording is weird but it COULD mean she was there for the accident but gone by the time the EMT's arrived.
Makes sense to me. When my husband shot himself the FIRST
call I made was to neighbors to come get the kids! They were 3 and 4
at the time. He shot himself in the arm and was not bleeding out
(that I could tell) I wanted them out of there ASAP! He was speaking
but in shock.
Where we live a 911 call takes 25 min for response
(we literally get Domino's faster) Here if it's life and death...
You get in your car and drive 3 miles to the next county.
They'll be there in 3 min. - otherwise your dead.
My point here is removing a child promtly is a good thing.
My kids have NO memory of it at all. Had he died I'm sure they would.
They remember him being in the hospital for a long time, but not the accident.
Who knows what she saw.
I would guess the parents decided she needed to leave.
With good reason it seems!
(This was before the "hanging" correct?)

Sure seems to me like someone is removing any possible benefactors
of the dad's $.
Good thing she was gone.
It's hinky alright. Makes one wonder if some vigilate was hiding in the home
waiting on someone to return for the next hit huh?
Maybe dad has some enemies?
Who knows what Rebecca could have been involded in or with.
I would think it becomes crystal clear soon.
Will we know? probably not.

I talked to my brother about wheither or not Rebecca's body should have been covered or not ..I believe the temp was about 70 degrees that day..not positive..he responded that he would have had a tent put over her..not a sheet..cause even the lightest touch on a dead body can cause a mark. It is due to livor. Next I asked about evidence on the body being effected by sun exposure.. he said most evidence leaves a trace on the body..ie rope..fiber..fingerprints..not effected by sun.

He said because the body was nude and sitting in sun..speeds up decomp. Also with heli flying over ..would be better to put a tent over her.

THANKS so much for asking him ... means a lot to get his professional views on this.

Watch the video at the bottom of this link, the FOX news video. The REASON Rebeccas body was NOT covered by a TENT? The reporter asked police why, the answer? Because the Police had to wait for a SEARCH WARRANT to go back in after the 'emergency' was dealt with! http://celebritydaily.net/scandals/meet-adam-shacknai-jonah-shacknais-brother/

..that makes no sense to me.

..i remember that the cop that ran and covered nicole simpson's body with a blanket from the house got into a LOT of trouble for that---destroying evidence, compromising the scene etc..

..but to NOT erect some sort of barrier between rebecca's body and the prying eyes of the heli-media????? that is plain CRUEL.

..not only that--surely they heard the helicopter------and didn't even have the decency to position PEOPLE around her body to shield it from the heli-news cameras-----they just left her lying out in the courtyard----naked, on "view", and alone.

I don't think a "memorial fund" has to be to pay for a funeral.
In fact when it's worded that way it makes me think it is not for that purpose.

Like in Leiby's (very brutal and graphic) case...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144572&page=13

"Our family wishes to establish the LEIBY KLETZKY MEMORIAL FUND to perpetuate the memory of our dear Leiby and to keep him alive in our hearts and minds. This fund would help anguished families in crisis and need, something that Leiby would have wanted to do had he been given more years of life."

http://www.give2gether.com/projects/help-support-leiby-kletzky/

I wouldn't be surprised if this type of thing is what Rebecca's sister is referring to.

I have seen the search warrant excuse also, and it makes no sense to me. I am not a legal professional but as far as I know, investigating a suspicious death with the corpse in view would not require a search warrant.

WS legal peeps, help me out.

They would get a search warrant just to be on the safe side...even if Jonah begged them to search.

However, there is NO WAY it took from 7am to 2pm to get a search warrant. NO WAY. They had an obvious dead body which established a likely crime AND likely evidence. They could have had a warrant immediately.

BBM - Scuba diver style - sit backwards on the side of the boat (railing), fall/flipping backwards into the water (courtyard).

I have never considered suicide by hanging. However, when thinking about it now... I would have to go with standing on a table and kicking it out. Jumping off a balcony... would HURT.

Seriously. Why would you choose that rather than standing on a table and then kicking it away? Maybe more instantaneous?

REBECCA NALEPA
1979 - 2011
"The key to Immortality is to first live a life worth remembering" ... Bruce Lee​

I don't think a "memorial fund" has to be to pay for a funeral.
In fact when it's worded that way it makes me think it is not for that purpose.

Like in Leiby's (very brutal and graphic) case...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144572&page=13

"Our family wishes to establish the LEIBY KLETZKY MEMORIAL FUND to perpetuate the memory of our dear Leiby and to keep him alive in our hearts and minds. This fund would help anguished families in crisis and need, something that Leiby would have wanted to do had he been given more years of life."

http://www.give2gether.com/projects/help-support-leiby-kletzky/

I wouldn't be surprised if this type of thing is what Rebecca's sister is referring to.

They would get a search warrant just to be on the safe side...even if Jonah begged them to search.

However, there is NO WAY it took from 7am to 2pm to get a search warrant. NO WAY. They had an obvious dead body which established a likely crime AND likely evidence. They could have had a warrant immediately.

I have never considered suicide by hanging. However, when thinking about it now... I would have to go with standing on a table and kicking it out. Jumping off a balcony... would HURT.

Seriously. Why would you choose that rather than standing on a table and then kicking it away? Maybe more instantaneous?
Why not over the bannister down to the entry? Why outside? ODD!

Alright I AM NO graphic artist! But this house confuses me I was trying to figure out the rooms, If MS was next to them? I'd put a 6 yr old in a room without a bath. If I had a choice, anyway I think I could see where he went over. (maybe) click on the pic (link)
then double click for full size.
house.jpg

This is the best I can do. I can only

-
picture.php

▲patio--------------- ▲body found
rotate 90 degree angles on this computer.
I need to be able to turn it~

tgyhjkl;.jpg

I agree, jjenny. Nice to see eye-to-eye with you on a case, it makes life much easier, lol; you are one smart cookie, imo. ;)

Not suicide. Not nude, not with electrical cord, imo. Orange, heavy gauge, electrical cord should be kept in the garage, imo...I keep getting stuck on that.

I wonder if she ever made it to the hospital and if not, why not, she reportedly said she boarded the dog to do so?

ETA: and if her reason for 'suicide' was guilt over Maxie, why make it look like a twisted, violent murder and cause more grief? Who makes their own suicide look violent? What's the percentage of women who like pain before they off themselves? Especially women accustomed to a softer lifestyle? ALL my own ramblings...take with salt, or don't take at all. ;)

Many years ago, while going to college to become a nurse, I worked for a major car rental company at LAX.
It was back in the day when we had to be young, female, pretty & definitely a small size (like the airlines).

A lot of the girls were waiting to becomes "stews" or were waiting for their next casting call.
One was a part-time Playboy magazine playmate of the month.

One of my co-workers had been dating a married actor for many years. Immediately after the break-up,
her behavior was erratic. She had been very sweet and so nice prior to the break up.
She began drinking heavily and taking meds.

One evening she & I were working together at one of the terminals and she began yelling,
swearing loudly at a man & his wife over something stupid.

I politely & smiling (at her & the customers) told her to calm down and to go take a break.
None of us had never seen that side of her, although we knew she was hurt & angry over
the break-up with her BF.

This will tell how many years ago this was, but back then we could smoke at the counters even
when the customers were lined up waiting to get their cars. It was also back when LAX wasn't as
huge as it is now and the car rental counters were in the terminals, close by everything else.

Anyway, this girl was smoking a cigarette when I told her to go take a break.
She yelled, "*advertiser censored** you!" at me and threw her still lit cigarette over the counter.
It went into the woman's open carry on, which we didn't see until it started smoldering.
Of course, they complained to the management about her behavior & the stuff her cig had burned.

About a week later, that same co-worker was at home late one night after work.
She called her then married ex-BF to come over to her apartment. She said she had something to talk to
him about & some things to give him. When he arrived, he knocked on the door and she said to come in.

He opened the door and she was lying on the couch naked. She had set herself up with a rifle barrel in her mouth
& had string/rope attached to the trigger and to the doorknob, so that when he opened the door, the rifle went off.

Of course, it killed her and we all went to her OPEN CASKET funeral! And of course it didn't look like her,
due the excellent job the funeral people had done on her.

I told this cuz it shows that you never know what people are capable of doing when placed in certain devastating
and unexpected situations.

Being a psych nurse for 30 + years, I have many other stories to tell, also.
But I'll save those for another time.

Being a psych nurse for 30 + years, I have many other stories to tell, also. But I'll save those for another time.

Oh wait, I'll tell this one.... About 10-15 yrs ago, we had a female patient that was in the news a LOT
for stalking one of the late night talk show hosts, had even broken into his home when he wasn't home,
took his car into NY, when stopped at a toll booth, she claimed she was his wife.

She was in and out of our facility for treatment. And since it was in the news and in many of the tabloids
and People magazine, I'm not breaking any confidentiality laws... but anyway, during the last time she was
discharged from the hospital, she killed herself by throwing herself in front of an oncoming commuter train.

OK..... back to reading about the case here.

Well, that's the excuse they are giving...yet, in the same video the Chief stresses how this investigation will ride on
Code:
forensics!

This certainly needs to be answered for. Is it the search warrant excuse or are the police lieing? And why?

I have to start by saying I have never seen a case that has been kept so confidential! There are so many areas in a criminal investigation where information can be leaked. In this case you are dealing with 2 LE agencies, a DA's office, 2 hospital/medical staff, paramedics, coroner office and county court system. As of today's date no leaks, it's almost unheard of!

That being said, not being directly involved in this investigation this is entirely my opinion on some of the actions taken by LE.

Coronado Police (CPD) had been at the residence two days prior. They are dispatched to the residence again. Once RN was pronounced deceased, officers stepped back and looked at the totality of evidence. Initial reports made to the public said it was a violent death/possible suicide. For whatever reason the decision was made to call San Diego Sheriffs Dept (SDSO) to handle the investigation.

So regarding the search warrant, you have CPD's jurisdiction, CPD turns over the investigation to a different agency (SDSO). SDSO now enters the scene. Time has passed from the time she was reported deceased and when the sheriffs detectives show up. If LE felt this was a simp,e suicide would they have gotten a warrant? Probably not, but because there was a possibility it was murder, a warrant needed to be written. IMO SDSO would have still gotten a warrant regardless, but something else that needs to be considered,
you have a homeowner who is not available to give consent to search the inside of the house. Another reason to do it right and obtaining a warrant, JS has a ton of money. These cops had one shot to get this case right! JS, AS, DS and whoever is responsible for RN's murder (if it is not one of them) is scratching their heads just as we are, wondering the status of this investigation. Imagine if the 911 calls, reports, warrants, tox reports, autopsy reports were made public. You can best believe the suspect's defense team would already be looking at mistakes made by LE and loop holes. This would become another OJ case.

I am going out on a limb here, supporting the actions made by LE and the DA's Office. I am hoping that this is just clean honest police work. That they are trying to avoid having the investigation compromised and the media and court circus that goes along with sloppy police work.

I feel bad that the media gained access to the photos of RN. I am hoping the
family will get justice when the suspect is arrested, and convicted of the murder of their daughter. I hope that the LE detectives are in constant communication with RN's family and that they have been made privy to this investigation.

..that makes no sense to me.

..i remember that the cop that ran and covered nicole simpson's body with a blanket from the house got into a LOT of trouble for that---destroying evidence, compromising the scene etc..

..but to NOT erect some sort of barrier between rebecca's body and the prying eyes of the heli-media????? that is plain CRUEL.

..not only that--surely they heard the helicopter------and didn't even have the decency to position PEOPLE around her body to shield it from the heli-news cameras-----they just left her lying out in the courtyard----naked, on "view", and alone.

Unfortunately, that's how crimes scenes have been handled in recent years IMHO. No more putting blankets over them or any possibility of tampering a (possible) crime scene.

I know it's not the popular opinion, but I believe IMHO that LE did the right thing. They didn't move the body (as far as I know), or tamper with anything. Even leaving the hands behind the back. Who do I blame? I blame the news channel who felt a need to fly over and take the photos. Let LE do their job to the best of their ability, while also maintaining the credibility of the scene. That's their job.

If she had been covered, I would be saying WTH - there may have been transfer fiber they just messed up.

It's a bad situation either way we look at it.

MOO - thanks.

Mel

question posted by commentor on an article:

"If it was a suicide, how do you climb over a balcony with your feet bound and your hands tied behind your back? There has to be someone else involved."

there are some comments here:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/jul/14/woman-found-dead-spreckels-mansion-identified/

ETA: be sure to click 'load more comments' at the bottom....

I said earlier that I thought maybe she had the noose already hanging over the balcony.
She stool on a table below, tied her arms & legs, and then slipped her head into the noose
and then stepped off the table.

I think the rope stretched just enough so she slumped onto the ground, but still upright with knees bended...
almost kneeling. Rigor mortis set in and that is why her body is shaped as it is in the photos.

I'm almost positive the emt staff that arrived on the scene, didn't perform CPR. Rigor is a sign that death has
occured and victim cannot be revived. Plus, she still has a scarf on her neck, which they for sure would've
removed to check for pulse, tilt head back, etc.

She may have had on a floor length nightgown, which was removed to start CPR, but once they saw the
legs bent & rigor was through out her body, they would NOT have proceeded with CPR.

That was my suicide theory.

I also have a murder theory.

I have to start by saying I have never seen a case that has been kept so confidential! There are so many areas in a criminal investigation where information can be leaked. In this case you are dealing with 2 LE agencies, a DA's office, 2 hospital/medical staff, paramedics, coroner office and county court system. As of today's date no leaks, it's almost unheard of!

That being said, not being directly involved in this investigation this is entirely my opinion on some of the actions taken by LE.

Coronado Police (CPD) had been at the residence two days prior. They are dispatched to the residence again. Once RN was pronounced deceased, officers stepped back and looked at the totality of evidence. Initial reports made to the public said it was a violent death/possible suicide. For whatever reason the decision was made to call San Diego Sheriffs Dept (SDSO) to handle the investigation.

So regarding the search warrant, you have CPD's jurisdiction, CPD turns over the investigation to a different agency (SDSO). SDSO now enters the scene. Time has passed from the time she was reported deceased and when the sheriffs detectives show up. If LE felt this was a simp,e suicide would they have gotten a warrant? Probably not, but because there was a possibility it was murder, a warrant needed to be written. IMO SDSO would have still gotten a warrant regardless, but something else that needs to be considered,
you have a homeowner who is not available to give consent to search the inside of the house. Another reason to do it right and obtaining a warrant, JS has a ton of money. These cops had one shot to get this case right! JS, AS, DS and whoever is responsible for RN's murder (if it is not one of them) is scratching their heads just as we are, wondering the status of this investigation. Imagine if the 911 calls, reports, warrants, tox reports, autopsy reports were made public. You can best believe the suspect's defense team would already be looking at mistakes made by LE and loop holes. This would become another OJ case.

I am going out on a limb here, supporting the actions made by LE and the DA's Office. I am hoping that this is just clean honest police work. That they are trying to avoid having the investigation compromised and the media and court circus that goes along with sloppy police work.

I feel bad that the media gained access to the photos of RN. I am hoping the
family will get justice when the suspect is arrested, and convicted of the murder of their daughter. I hope that the LE detectives are in constant communication with RN's family and that they have been made privy to this investigation.

BBM:

The City of Coronado does not have a homicide division, and had no choice but to call in the SD Sheriff's office.

IMHO I do believe this is good clean police work. I haven't heard anything to indicate otherwise.

MOO

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members