Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read an interesting comment [by obm, shortened here] that stated that “drop” hangings (as opposed to “suspension” hangings) are rare and account for only 1% of all hangings. [Sorry, no link to justify this statistic.] They went on to say that a drop hanging would most likely result in a broken neck. A suspension hanging would most likely result in death by asphyxiation.

A “drop” hanging in this case could be if RN leapt from or was launched from the balcony.

A “suspension” hanging in this case could be if RN stepped off or was pushed off the table in the courtyard.

[Therefore, put my suggested scuba diver maneuver, namely back-flipping from balcony with noose tied around neck, into the 1% statistic.]

The commenter went on to say, in essence:

Staged suicidal hangings are often to disguise an impulsive murder and difficult to pull off without leaving signs of drugging, struggle or improbable injury. [Anyone have lots of scratches? Bruises? Missing hair?]

Also stated:

A victim would need to be in an unconscious state to be forcibly hung, which would be identified in autopsy or toxicology findings.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/jul/24/aftermath-coronado-mansion-deaths-some-it-noir/

being a director to a non-profit doesn't mean you have access to any of the funds, in fact guidelines are pretty strict if you want to stay a non profit.

Ok, maybe I can say this in a simpler way.

- $$ and media attention will help a nonprofit grow and the advertising in this case was free. If the nonprofit grows, there are benefits for the nonprofit and anyone connected.

What if Jonah is not convinced it is a suicide either?

If so, I wonder who he suspects?

imo

What if he is one of those millionaires that is tight with his money?

House cleaning is a real necessity in a place as big as that house -- honestly he had to have help. I would bet money on him having at least one person to maintain the property and that is very very short handed.

This may have already been posted and I apologize. I have not as already mentioned read all threads. I think this is important information.

Shacknai said his wife came at him and tried to choke him, according to the documents.

In January 2009, Dina Shacknai accused her husband of elbowing her in the breast. Shacknai told police he was trying to "nudge" her out of his car because she had reached for the ignition and tried to grab the steering wheel as he attempted to drive away. He also claimed he had been assaulted "several times" by his wife.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/coronado-m...ves-zahaus-personal-trainer/story?id=14124073

Actually, I can relate to Rebecca on a couple of levels. My ex was a self-made man with an ex he had many run-in's with, their relationship was BAD, many police reports, back and forth...they taught me the line between love and hate REALLY IS thin. It was very acrimonious. They used the children to spy on one another. NASTY divorce...he called her all kinds of names. There were reports of vandalisim from both sides. This was all something I learned after I was knee-deep.

I came in and gave up MY life, like Rebecca gave up HER job, to help w/his businesses, kids, home, etc...I wanted to help, as I feel she did. He and I never got to that level of discord because we didn't have what it took to re-create that dysfunctional dynamic between US, imo.. I didn't feed into it...iykwim. I am a calmer, more patient, more aware, more submissive type person, I guess. We did get along, for the most part. I left because of other reasons...our conflicts over his kids. I wanted to set bounderies and hold them responsible, for their own good; he didn't. Well, that backfired on him, his son got a DUI and his daughter wound up pregnant! I left. Enough.

Now, before I came along there was one other girlfriend. She and the EX's ex-wife did not get along...there were fights, punches, accusations...it was bad.

ANYWAYS...to make a long personal story short, ;)... I'm feeling Dina did this. I think Dina would even walk into that house like it WAS hers. did she live there with Jonah? Did they buy it when they were married?

Speaking of which...was the house locked? Dina have a key or combo? Were there signs of forced entry, are few more questions to add to our list...ugh.

I found this interesting.

Color in Chinese culture

Blue or dark blue- Blue symbolizes immortality. Dark blue is also a color for somber occasions like funerals and deaths.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...d=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

Is it known she is Chinese Burmese? I would think their culture is much closer to being Thai, than Chinese?

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/35910.htm

Ethnic groups: Burman 68%, Shan 9%, Karen 7%, Rakhine 4%, Chinese 3%, Mon 2%, Indian 2%, other 5%.
Religions: Buddhist 89%, Christian 4% (Baptist 3%, Roman Catholic 1%), Muslim 4%, animist 1%, other 2%.

A majority of Burma's people are ethnic Burman. Shan, Karen, Rohingya, Arakanese (Rakhine), Kachin, Chin, and Mon, together with other smaller indigenous ethnic groups, form about 30% of the population. Indians and Chinese are the largest non-indigenous groups.

I'm sorry about the loss of your husband, Paladine and that you had that experience.

It's possible that the help was told to take a couple of days or a day off?

Sorry for the loss of your husband, Paladine...

Actually, I can relate to Rebecca on a couple of levels. My ex was a self-made man with an ex he had many run-in's with, their relationship was BAD, many police reports, back and forth...they taught me the line between love and hate REALLY IS thin. It was very acrimonious. They used the children to spy on one another. NASTY divorce...he called her all kinds of names. There were reports of vandalisim from both sides. This was all something I learned after I was knee-deep.

I came in and gave up MY life, like Rebecca gave up HER job, to help w/his businesses, kids, home, etc...I wanted to help, as I feel she did. He and I never got to that level of discord because we didn't have what it took to re-create that dysfunctional dynamic between US, imo.. I didn't feed into it...iykwim. I am a calmer, more patient, more aware, more submissive type person, I guess. We did get along, for the most part. I left because of other reasons...our conflicts over his kids. I wanted to set bounderies and hold them responsible, for their own good; he didn't. Well, that backfired on him, his son got a DUI and his daughter wound up pregnant! I left. Enough.

Now, before I came along there was one other girlfriend. She and the EX's ex-wife did not get along...there were fights, punches, accusations...it was bad.

ANYWAYS...to make a long personal story short, ;)... I'm feeling Dina did this. I think Dina would even walk into that house like it WAS hers. did she live there with Jonah? Did they buy it when they were married?

Speaking of which...was the house locked? Dina have a key or combo? Were there signs of forced entry, are few more questions to add to our list...ugh.

The house was purchased in 2007. They were married at that time and I can see her thinking "this is my house" since she was married to him when it was purchased... as far as having a key...not sure. It is a possibility. If her son was going to be spending time there then it is a possibility she had a key to get in to gain access to her son. I agree more and more questions -- we definitely do not have all the answers.

I'm sorry about the loss of your husband, Paladine and that you had that experience.

It's possible that the help was told to take a couple of days or a day off?

VERY possible. I see reports of Rebecca going to the gym...I heard for 2 hour workouts, (sorry no link, it was a video interview of a trainer, I THINK) A woman who works out for 2 hours usually has nail and hair appts regularly, too, imo. Never mind all the other social commitments she must of had with Jonah...

I think she had help, outside not live-in, and I think they were given time off...that's where I'm leaning, now...this min....wait...it'll change. ;) One of ya'll will post a comment or link and BOOM goes my thinking...lol. ;)

House cleaning is a real necessity in a place as big as that house -- honestly he had to have help. I would bet money on him having at least one person to maintain the property and that is very very short handed.

I agree.

I would venture to guess that one of the apartment units was used as partial compensation for live-on property help, round-the-year overseeing of the property. (Including managing gardeners, household maintenance, advanced prep for owners arrival/departure, etc.)

In an article I read, it was stated that someone lived on the property but was not there where these incidences happened. Nothing further, that I have read, has mentioned anything more about this possible person(s).

[sorry, no links]

I agree.

I would venture to guess that one of the apartment units was used as partial compensation for live-on property help, round-the-year overseeing of the property. (Including managing gardeners, household maintenance, advanced prep for owners arrival/departure, etc.)In an article I read, it was stated that someone lived on the property but was not there where these incidences happened. Nothing further, that I have read, has mentioned anything more about this possible person(s).

[sorry, no links]

RBBM

Great idea...real possibilty, imo, Quester. I believe it cause its a seperate property...not in the main house.

VERY possible. I see reports of Rebecca going to the gym...I heard for 2 hour workouts, (sorry no link, it was a video interview of a trainer, I THINK) A woman who works out for 2 hours usually has nail and hair appts regularly, too, imo. Never mind all the other social commitments she must of had with Jonah...

I think she had help, outside not live-in, and I think they were given time off...that's where I'm leaning, now...this min....wait...it'll change. ;) One of ya'll will post a comment or link and BOOM goes my thinking...lol. ;)
From what I'm reading about DS she is an angry and violent person. I think she was jealous of RN and felt that RN had what she wanted. Betty Broderick comes to mind.

From what I'm reading about DS she is an angry and violent person. I think she was jealous of RN and felt that RN had what she wanted. Betty Broderick comes to mind.
Yeah...my gut is saying the same. Especially with all those police reports...

I agree.

I would venture to guess that one of the apartment units was used as partial compensation for live-on property help, round-the-year overseeing of the property. (Including managing gardeners, household maintenance, advanced prep for owners arrival/departure, etc.)

In an article I read, it was stated that someone lived on the property but was not there where these incidences happened. Nothing further, that I have read, has mentioned anything more about this possible person(s).

[sorry, no links]

http://www.bnet.com/blog/drug-busin...eos-home-will-change-his-company-forever/9085

"In addition to Shacknai, police will probably want to talk to Shacknai’s ex-wife, Dina Flores, who also lives in Coronado, and the second family that rents the guest house attached to the house. "

also whoops, i was wrong earlier in this thread, this article does state that DS is Dina Flores. huh. maybe this is just a junk article.

The ex is my POI number 3, I'm giving Adam a pass. (for now)
IMO

I'd put Jonah first ex before Rebecca's! However, I am the only one I think to even have her on my list. Adam is about at the bottom of my list unless he just did something to help cover up.

MAN, I had one of those...he made a ton of money; I helped run the businesses and helped with his kids. We lived in a huge house, 6 bedrooms and 4 baths and it was like pulling TEETH to get a cleaner! I even cleaned the pool, fool I was...I did most of it. Now...he's paying for a cleaner and I get to sit on my a$$ with you folks, lol...:)[/QUOTE]

I've found people who have 'secrets' to keep don't like outside help in their homes on a reg basis. By 'secrets' I mean anything they wouldn't want the outside world to know about them...

Paladine

Paying for his cleaner or yours? Just kidding :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Very good point about "secrets" and "help". That makes perfect sense.

I believe on the very 1st thread, someone said that it wasn't unusual for help to come from across the border on a daily basis.

What still puzzles me, since most of the business articles we have seen, JS is a workaholic but adores his children. With working all those hours and having the kids on a regular basis, why did he not have a nanny??

Did he expect RN to do it all? Or did they have "illegal" help?

I've read most everything, but of course not everything is perfectly clear!

Was she hanging from the balcony like a Christmas ornament, or was she actually hanged? Big difference.... I can imagine her being trussed up (with the electrical cord, which we've 'seen'), and the rope, which I don't think we've 'seen', was used to dangle her from the balcony. Do we know if it's been mentioned that the rope (or anything else) was actually around her neck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett