Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
News 8 has obtained the death certificates for both Rebecca Zahau and Max Shacknai. Neither document reveals any new information on a cause of death

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15145114/zahaus-sister-talks-about-her-familys-loss

So, did they leave "cause of death" blank to be filled in later????

Do they have the "old" information on cause of death or like you say was it left blank? Interesting if left blank for Maxie. I thought his would be known by now. I know we're still waiting on toxicology for RN but Maxie? If he had a fall, was it head trauma? hmmmmmm

Also wonder if MOD was given for Maxie. Was it ruled an accident or it still pending? :waitasec:

The estate comprises a main house of 27 rooms, an exquisite guest house of 12 rooms and a North East Wing with 2 apartments and a 6-car garage

http://www.trulia.com/property/1039341000-1043-Ocean-Blvd-Coronado-CA-92118

This place is enormous (sp)!!!!! So I do wonder if others where staying there also.
And as previously stated by a lot of us.......no maids, cooks, butler, grounds keeper, etc.........something ain't right........

Good point. I find it rather odd that at least on a Monday morning (when Maxie's accident occurred) that at least a housekeeper would be there to clean up from the weekend.

They are now divorced but both have homes within blocks of one another on Coronado.

Based on their stormy past, 10News filed an open records request for police calls to their homes.

10News found that officers were called to Shacknai's home at least eight times between July 2008 and July 2011 for things such as burglary and vandalism.

I think the title of the story borders on sensationalism. The article doesn't state the police were called out each time for domestic purposes (which is what I thought when I saw it). Considering Spreckels mansion sits right on Ocean Blvd (which has a lot of foot traffic and sits across from the beach), I am not surprised to hear of burglary and vandalism. I'd say this is a non-story, unless they provide info on domestic calls.

I'm still one of the few I think who think Dina and JS have nothing to do with RN's death. I just can't imagine it being done while MS was dying in the hospital. From what I've read/heard, they were devoted parents and I can't see either of them leaving his bed for a period of time to kill someone. Or to even have enough time to think about anything other than MS's condition. If it was after MS died and they had left the hospital, I'd entertain it. Not during the hospital stay.

I would think that tthe PR company may havewanted JS to distance himself fromhanging situation and Rebecca. Although tome just coming out and making a statement of how heartbroken he was would to me be normal. Yes I understand he might not have driven home because Maxie was clinging to life.

Just an annoucement of his love would have been a good thing. He made an announcement after the news came out that he and Dina had a volatile relationship. The statement was something to the effect that they had put aside their differences..blah..blah..blah.(am NOT quoting Baez) So just a little "I love Rebecca so much"..at that time.. would have me thinking differently about JS.

Maybe the PR company is telling him NOT statement about Rebecca until the police conclude the investigation as to murder or suicide. If it is suicide I would think he will eventually make a statement about it. However, if it's murder I think he would keep mum until the investigation plays out. If it's murder I think the main suspects would be him, his brother or his ex-wife....so I'm sure he's being told to zip it in the meantime. IMO

Gngr Is it the word "wrap" ? That caught my eye first time I read it. Maybe I've just been here to long.

Honestly don't feel my hinky meter tilt over those words. It is a very common saying when something tragic, overwhelming, not understandable happens. We had a co-worker just swell up and die in two days and many times I heard "I just can't wrap my head around it." JMO

Do they have the "old" information on cause of death or like you say was it left blank? Interesting if left blank for Maxie. I thought his would be known by now. I know we're still waiting on toxicology for RN but Maxie? If he had a fall, was it head trauma? hmmmmmm

Also wonder if MOD was given for Maxie. Was it ruled an accident or it still pending? :waitasec:

"Accident" would be listed under Manner of Death.......not Cause of Death.

Maybe the PR company is telling him NOT statement about Rebecca until the police conclude the investigation as to murder or suicide. If it is suicide I would think he will eventually make a statement about it. However, if it's murder I think he would keep mum until the investigation plays out. If it's murder I think the main suspects would be him, his brother or his ex-wife....so I'm sure he's being told to zip it in the meantime. IMO

For all we know Jonah also may think its murder and not a suicide and doesn't want to impede the investigation by speaking out and expressing his beliefs or opinions.

IMO

I'm jaded. I can't help it. This statement seems off considering the circumstances this man's x wife die under.

Nalepa's ex-husband, Neil Nalepa, expressed shock upon learning of her death.

"This is all overwhelming," he said. "I'm just trying to wrap my head around it."
http://www.10news.com/news/28534601/detail.html

Why is that odd?

That saying has been said for decades. It only means he just cant get his mind to understand any of it.

I have used that phrase myself and I have seen other posters use it. It perfectly describes something that is hard to understand where our brains are having a hard time reconciling it in order to understand and make sense out of it.

IMO

That's what I said. MOD = Manner of Death I wondered if MOD was confirmed.

Me too, n/t.......the reporter really didn't explain it well. Was the MOD filled in for Max but the COD wasnt?

imo

I really don't know.
If I came out of that guesthouse and saw RB hanging.
After I screamed and puked, (not sure which order) I would hopefully try to get her down. May be shaking too hard to do that properly.
Then call 911, I think he knew she was dead, and had been for awhile.

When I was at a island on a boat that others were tied off of, I heard a splash, it was dark, I went outside and looked in the water.
I saw the long hair of a woman under water.
Not even thinking I pulled her up by her hair, onto the swim platform.
I was scared to death. She was drunk and had slipped while trying to cross boats to land.
I think Adam just did what he felt he had to do, and I don't think he was involved. Maybe a patsy.
sorry for the long post.
IMO

I found my husband dead in a doorway, in his wheelchair...too much to go into here but I will say I was not thinking...I was just reacting. He was dead, a little blueish and seemed to have some 'froth' at the mouth, yet, we immediately tried CPR, while waiting for 911 responders...but not thinking, I did it in the wheelchair! I didn't even realize my error until firefighters showed up and pulled him from the chair and laid him on the ground. I was just screaming his name...there is so much shock, for some people, in finding a dead person, I have a hard time holding AS to a certain standard of behavior, in that very moment.

10News found that officers were called to Shacknai's home at least eight times between July 2008 and July 2011 for things such as burglary and vandalism
During those same three years, police showed up to Dina's home five times for noise disturbances, alarms and a suspicious vehicle

http://www.10news.com/news/28664921/detail.html

BBM

8 calls for burglary and/or vandalism to a mansion....but no cameras? If I had made 2 or 3 calls and owned a beach-front mansion, my first plan of action would be to put up cameras. Why would he not do this? Was it because he knew the perp??? DS???

DS - calls for noise disturbances - hmmmmm, wonder if "loud music"

The article also says, The sheriff's department confirmed to 10News it will not re-create Zahau's death. Detectives will instead rely on forensic evidence.

Could that mean that perhaps they have some incriminating forensic evidence? I hope so.

At least it seems LE is still discussing the case with MSM.

I found my husband dead in a doorway, in his wheelchair...too much to go into here but I will say I was not thinking...I was just reacting. He was dead, a little blueish and seemed to have some 'froth' at the mouth, yet, we immediately tried CPR, while waiting for 911 responders...but not thinking, I did it in the wheelchair! I didn't even realize my error until firefighters showed up and pulled him from the chair and laid him on the ground. I was just screaming his name...there is so much shock, for some people, in finding a dead person, I have a hard time holding AS to a certain standard of behavior, in that very moment.

Paladine, I'm so sorry you went through this.
I can certainly understand someone not reacting "appropriately" when confronted with a situation like yours.
During my long career as a nurse, I saw some doctors & nurses even, who are trained yearly in CPR/First aid,
stand back in shock, not knowing what to do first or correctly.

Let's say they didn't TRY to make it look like a suicide. They didn't make her write a suicide note, or take pills ( a more conventional way, I'd think), they left a mess, it seems...the suicide meme came from the police, they need to investigate to be sure...maybe the killer(s) just hung her off the balcony when they were done, and we took it as a 'hanging'. .

I think there is no staged suicide. No serious attempt at one, at any rate... Just alot of rage...and a barrel full of 'scr$w you', from what I see. I think if AS did it...he may have cleaned up a bit...whereas DS might have raged, vented and left.

Oh...we need evidence. My imagination won't stop. ;)

I feel the same way. Thi was a "barrel full of 'scr$w you'! Yes, indeed. Pure, unadulterated rage.

When I really think of this there is no way a person could beat themselves up violently and then hang themselves. Hang themselves...leave a note maybe...asking and begging forgiveness for a perceived fault...but what does teh police think that she threw herself down the stairs - banged herself againts the wall a couple of times...I highly doubt it.

:grouphug:

Good point. I find it rather odd that at least on a Monday morning (when Maxie's accident occurred) that at least a housekeeper would be there to clean up from the weekend.

Most definitely, positively, there had to be a housekeeper in that house. There is NO WAY there was not someone to clean up, do the cooking, etc. Impossible.

((((Paladine)))) So sorry.

I think the title of the story borders on sensationalism. The article doesn't state the police were called out each time for domestic purposes (which is what I thought when I saw it). Considering Spreckels mansion sits right on Ocean Blvd (which has a lot of foot traffic and sits across from the beach), I am not surprised to hear of burglary and vandalism. I'd say this is a non-story, unless they provide info on domestic calls.

I'm still one of the few I think who think Dina and JS have nothing to do with RN's death. I just can't imagine it being done while MS was dying in the hospital. From what I've read/heard, they were devoted parents and I can't see either of them leaving his bed for a period of time to kill someone. Or to even have enough time to think about anything other than MS's condition. If it was after MS died and they had left the hospital, I'd entertain it. Not during the hospital stay.

RBBM

In my hypothetical scenario involving the 911 caller and the fast exit from the scene for Maxies accident/fall, (posted on page 9-ish of this thread, I think), the whole purpose is to silence Rebecca while Maxie is still alive and before a death investigation can begin related to Maxies fall...so Rebecca cannot be questioned.

When Maxie was found there was no pulse and no breathing (links have been posted stating such). Next thing we hear he's in a coma...then he's donated organs...I think DS and JS knew very early on their boy was not coming back... :(

Now, does a head injury cause no breathing and pulse, immediately? I really don't know. I DO know a spinal cord injury, at a high level, WILL cause this and can be caused from a high fall. My late husband had one...did Maxie have a head injury or did he break his neck?

With a spinal cord injury of C4 and higher, all the muscles which control breathing will be paralysed. these are the intracostal muscles, the diaphragm and the abdominal muscles. In order to breath, the person will need a machine called a ventilator to breath for them, this machine forces air in and out of the lungs to re-oxygenate the blood. In order to cough, the person will need help by way of a carer performing an assisted cough procedure.

http://www.apparelyzed.com/respiratory.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member