Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so after Max was injured. Hired help maybe?
Taken in for questioning? Seems like it could be??? :waitasec:

ETA: I highly doubt it was mom. She either rode in the amblance,followed it, or showed up, child had been taken already and she headed to hospital. Her child was not breathing and had no pulse. NO WAY she stayed to have a chat with her x hubby's gf

OK,remember the reported disturbance at DS house.Perhaps these two events are tied togeather. Could there have been altercation between DS and RN and the police took them in the patrol car to allow things to cool off?? Rebecca gets
home then calls the kennel crying. What do you think?

I sort of thought that, too. Maybe initially the police couldn't be sure which woman was the actual householder at the mansion, hence the "disturbance at DS house". They knew that DS was the mother of Max- perhaps they took RN to be a nanny?
And the article doesn't seem to say that the neighbors either knew or didn't know who the women were. There's been no mention of household help on duty that day, so who else could the women have been? Hey, maybe it was just a double date with a couple of cops and a couple of lady crime scene technicians, heading off for a drink at the Del.

ETA: I highly doubt it was mom. She either rode in the amblance,followed it, or showed up, child had been taken already and she headed to hospital. Her child was not breathing and had no pulse. NO WAY she stayed to have a chat with her x hubby's gf

Well, she may have been delayed in arriving there, could have been on a golf course somewhere, rushed into the house, screaming What happened, and then there was a little kerfuffle, police were called, and they were both driven to the hospital- neither of them was in any shape to drive...All this is speculation, but what if there was a scene of some sort upon arrival at the hospital?

I'm jaded. I can't help it. This statement seems off considering the circumstances this man's x wife die under.

Nalepa's ex-husband, Neil Nalepa, expressed shock upon learning of her death.

"This is all overwhelming," he said. "I'm just trying to wrap my head around it."
http://www.10news.com/news/28534601/detail.html

Well, she may have been delayed in arriving there, could have been on a golf course somewhere, rushed into the house, screaming What happened, and then there was a little kerfuffle, police were called, and they were both driven to the hospital- neither of them was in any shape to drive...All this is speculation, but what if there was a scene of some sort upon arrival at the hospital?

Originally Posted by MizStery [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6952865#post6952865"]
viewpost.gif
[/ame]
OK,remember the reported disturbance at DS house.Perhaps these two events are tied togeather. Could there have been altercation between DS and RN and the police took them in the patrol car to allow things to cool off?? Rebecca gets

It says the disturbance was at the residence of DS. Not where Max was injured. Am I reading it wrong? (cause I could be!)

OK,remember the reported disturbance at DS house.Perhaps these two events are tied together . Remember *when RN told the kennel owner that her daughter had also been injured. Then indeed if GS was injured could it have been DS and GS in *the patrol car and it *took them both to the hospital?

-snip
According to a report from local CBS 8 affiliate, neighbors reported a ‘police disturbance’ at Dina Shacknai’s home on the day of Max’s accident. Missing from the report, when the ‘disturbance’ occurred?

According to several news reports, the police confirmed there was an unidentified ‘woman’ in the Jonah Shacknai home with Rebecca when Max’s accident occurred. According to a report from Radar, the ‘woman’ was Rebecca’s 13-yr-old sister.

-snip
The kennel owner said,“She called about 4:40 pm,” he said. “Rebecca told me about the accident*and said that her daughter was also injured.”

http://deathby1000papercuts.com/201...h-authorities-seal-records-push-suicide-meme/

I'm jaded. I can't help it. This statement seems off considering the circumstances this man's x wife die under.

"This is all overwhelming," he said. "I'm just trying to wrap my head around it."

The ex is my POI number 3, I'm giving Adam a pass. (for now)
IMO

Exactly, not at that point!

Gngr Is it the word "wrap" ? That caught my eye first time I read it. Maybe I've just been here to long.

You know, I was trying to figure out who could have been creating the disturbance at DS house, when it occurred to me- who
has been known to call the cops about a disturbance before? I think the altercation could have been between DS and JS.
This scenario, in the absence of further evidence, seems most likely to me.

Originally Posted by MizStery

It says the disturbance was at the residence of DS. Not where Max was injured. Am I reading it wrong? (cause I could be!)

I was thinking along the lines of DS home just a few houses away. In which case DS could have ran to JS house where the police were located.:waitasec:

I hadn't even thought about him personally benefitting financially.

I just think you don't promote your own personal causes. It is a way to raise attention to HIS charity work making him look benevolent and caring. He does have some influence over what they do and hence has an interest in where the money is spent. He does benefit career wise by being on the board of directors or whatever for different nonprofits ... that's mostly why people agree to do that. And, as you can see, others have now come forward that he worked with on charities and vouched for him. They probably didn't see anything but a positive public face on the relationship, they also do not want bad publicity to reflect on their charity. Besides, how can you speak ill of someone who is donating their time to people in need?

being a director to a non-profit doesn't mean you have access to any of the funds, in fact guidelines are pretty strict if you want to stay a non profit.

http://www.10news.com/news/28664921/detail.html

Police Called To Shacknai, Ex-Wife Homes 13 Times Since 2008

Coronado Police Responded 13 Times To Homes Of Jonah, Dina Shacknai Since July 2008

POSTED: 10:40 pm PDT July 25, 2011
UPDATED: 11:40 pm PDT July 25, 2011

CORONADO, Calif. -- Police logs obtained by 10News on Monday show that Coronado officers responded to Jonah Shacknai's home -- the Spreckels mansion -- and the nearby home of his ex-wife more than a dozen times in the last three years.

Shacknai's son, 6-year-old Max, suffered a fatal fall down the grand staircase of the mansion about two weeks ago. Coronado police have ruled the boy's death a tragic accident.

<mod snip>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

No link between poor Max Shacknai&#8217;s fatal fall and the horrifying tableau two days later?

I&#8217;d bet that in the mansion&#8217;s hundred-year life span not one event rivals either one of these deaths. And we&#8217;re to believe that two bolts of lightning could strike in a two-day span without any direct cause-and-effect?

Experts solemnly remind us that suicides can be staged to look like homicides, and vice versa. Don&#8217;t leap to conclusions, they intone.

But those of us with hearts of Steel can&#8217;t help ourselves.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/jul/24/aftermath-coronado-mansion-deaths-some-it-noir/

some interesting comments........

one of the comments says they should stick with dina, jonah, adam and neil. Who's Neil? ETA - I see now former husband

I worked for some people who had just a little less money than God - HUGE home (not as big as the mansion in Coronado, but large with 2 guest homes). One guest home was for in laws, the other was supposed to be for maid quarters - it stayed empty. The housekeeper worked 12-16 hours a day, was paid cash, was not here legally (Eastern European), she did the nannying, the housekeeping, and the cooking. (I did the record keeping and was there 2 or 3 times a week for 4-5 hours at a time.) I can literally guarantee you that if something weird had happened in that home, no one (but me) would have even mentioned the housekeeper's name, and she'd have been gone out of town very quickly in fear of being deported. But even house keepers have days off, run errands, are sick and sometimes even take vacations. I don't find it odd they didn't have a large staff, but I find it interesting NO staff is mentioned. If I wanted the gossip, I'd find local housekeeping staff...if there was anyone working there, that would be the way to the inside skinny.

Do we know how Jonah and Rebecca met?

Leaning more and more towards murder, but I have a feeling no matter how the police rule, short of a witness or confession we may never really know what happened.

Gngr Is it the word "wrap" ? That caught my eye first time I read it. Maybe I've just been here to long.
yes, well wrap my head...
I guess it's an innocent thing but the saying is wrap my mind around it
I thought... anyway just sounds like an odd wording if she was hung

this thread has grown so much since i went to sleep at about 3pm yesterday, i thought we had a cause of death! but nope, still waiting :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member