Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
8/8 Shacknai Discusses Deaths of Loved Ones During Earnings Call

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/shacknai-participates-in-companys-earnings-call-2

Quote from the article in the link above:

He didn't refer to his son or his girlfriend by name, but said he had spent time off with this surviving children and expected to soon return to his normal schedule at work “doing all the things I have done previously.”

I find that extremly odd, not to mention his dead son and girlfriend by name!!!, but then again, I´m from Scandinavia and it might be a cultrual different thing, or?

He didn't refer to his son or his girlfriend by name, but said he had spent time off with this surviving children and expected to soon return to his normal schedule at work “doing all the things I have done previously.”

I find that extremly odd, not to mention his dead son and girlfriend by name!!!, but then again, I´m from Scandinavia and it might be a cultrual different thing, or?

definitely odd.

Thanks CuriousAmazon!

I'm just hoping we're going to see info soon that will shove me off the fence on this case. It won't take much of a shove as I'm leaning toward the murder side but still have one leg hooked over the top of the fence keeping me up there.

I wish LE would tickle a foot with some good info to help me back on terra firma. :giggle:

((((Evan's mom)))) and ((((bonepile))))

Thank you both so much for sharing such personal experiences with us. I know it was a big step forward and took a lot of courage and trust. And I feel so blessed to have friends as open and loving.

Even though I may not agree with your opinion on this case, I value your opinion.

I wonder if perhaps I personally lean toward homicide because I can't grasp such a young, vibrant and beautiful lady taking her life in such a dramatic and violent way.

bbm

Very good point!

Is she tied the knots herself (with her arms in front of her before she *stepped* through her arms to put them behind her back), the knots would likely be on the radial (thumb) side of her wrists.

If someone else tied the knots, they would likely be on the ulnar (pinky finger) side of her wrists (since someone else would have tied her arms behind her back).

IMO, if the knots are on the radial side, then it points to suicide. If the knots are on the ulnar side, then it points to homicide.

MOO

Investigators have yet to confirm the type of knots found on Rebecca Nalepa. But readers assert she would have had to use a form of slip knots that would only require tension to tighten. But what if Nalepa didn’t use slip knots

. If investigators were unable to recreate a suicide with the type of knots Nalepa allegedly used, then her death may have been a homicide, or staged suicide.

http://news.lalate.com/2011/07/25/rebecca-nalepas-knots-may-solve-case/

I know the above article is old but it does speak to the knots

I do think the knots hold/held the key. I can't find the article that said LE did not do a "recreated" suicide/homicide.

That tells me that they got their answer from the knots and how they were tied and possible dna.

I don't know if I find that as odd, this is a multi million dollar publicly traded company, business as usual and getting confidence built, this was business, not personal. Keep it simple looking toward the future imo

Follow-up on the conf call:

These calls are typically void of emotion - just the facts ma'am. After the prepared statements by exec's, one financial analyst asked a business question and after it was answered, the analyst said, "good to hear your voice Jonah". To my ears that was a subtly powerful statement not only from the business perspective (confidence confirming), but a personal, heartfelt (as much as is socially permitted in such a situation) message of warm concern.

Sorrell Ske and Evan's Mom - excellent points.

I have been following this case via this board from the beginning and appreciate hearing all sides. I tend to think it was a suicide because 1) RN was not at the hospital and was left home all alone, and 2) she boarded the dog. I can see her boarding the dog if she was at the hospital like other family members, but from what I have read, she never went to the hospital once. Also, I think she would of had one of her own family members come and stay with her at the mansion just to keep her company until JS returned.

There has been discussion of it being too dark in the courtyard for RN to have committed suicide. Does anyone know if there are landscaping lights around the house and in the courtyard? Makes sense a mansion would have that type of lighting. I noticed that there are exterior lights on both sides of the french doors at the balcony. Does anyone know if they were on when the body was discovered?

Investigators have yet to confirm the type of knots found on Rebecca Nalepa. But readers assert she would have had to use a form of slip knots that would only require tension to tighten. But what if Nalepa didn’t use slip knots

. If investigators were unable to recreate a suicide with the type of knots Nalepa allegedly used, then her death may have been a homicide, or staged suicide.

http://news.lalate.com/2011/07/25/rebecca-nalepas-knots-may-solve-case/

I know the above article is old but it does speak to the knots

I do think the knots hold/held the key. I can't find the article that said LE did not do a "recreated" suicide/homicide.

That tells me that they got their answer from the knots and how they were tied and possible dna.

Has the MSM talked about the knots?

tia

imo

I have gone through 10 google pages searching for why people commit suicide in the nude. have not found anything so far. The only thing I can think of is that its a "power" or "control" thing, just guessing here.

Below are some other stuff I found:
motives for suicide:
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/addiction-in-society/201101/suicide-rational-choice
http://www.wcprr.org/pdf/03-02/2008.02.6976.pdf

Remember David Carradine ?
http://www.forensicpsychiatry.ca/paraphilia/aea.htm

hanging or strangulation:
While accidental hanging is rare, and homicidal hanging is even rarer, hanging is the third most common form of suicide and accounts for 16% of all male, and 13% of all female suicides. Most people who commit suicide by hanging, jump from a chair or a ladder, choking to death slowly. Rarely is the neck broken. In order to break a neck, a drop of six feet or more is required, which rarely happens except in execution hanging.

Hanging, whether done with rope, an electrical cord or a belt, always leaves an inverted V bruise, and is easy to tell from ligature strangulation (murder), which leaves a straight-line bruise. Hanging compresses the veins, but arterial blood flow continues, causing small bleeding sites on the lips, inside the mouth and on the eyelids. As with ligature strangulation, the face and neck are congested with blood and become dark red.

Ligature strangulations are almost always homicide and the victims are almost always women. Often the murderer uses more force than necessary to kill the victim, causing deep bruises and abrasions around the neck. The victim will usually struggle, which results in damage to both the interior and exterior structures of the neck and throat.
http://www.writing-world.com/mystery/suicide.shtml

Follow-up on the conf call:

These calls are typically void of emotion - just the facts ma'am. After the prepared statements by exec's, one financial analyst asked a business question and after it was answered, the analyst said, "good to hear your voice Jonah". To my ears that was a subtly powerful statement not only from the business perspective (confidence confirming), but a personal, heartfelt (as much as is socially permitted in such a situation) message of warm concern.

I understand what you're saying, but disagree slightly - when earnings are over the top there is usually jubilation - when less than expected, the mood on the call would somber.

In this situation - I can see where the participants wouldn't say a word about his personal life except as noted above, but really I do find it odd that Jonah wouldn't say either name.

Snipped from FB:

JEB: Pray that Rebeccas killer is found,she was the youth group leader at my church 7 years ago

In the absence of new news, I continue to wonder about the abrupt departure of GS from Coronado. According to her friend, she was out of the house before emergency services arrived. IMO, this is virtually impossible, considering the size of Coronado. And, pferrin has patiently listened to the police calls for that morning, and we now know that two females were transported to Sharp Coronado Hospital, where JS was already waiting.

<snipped>

The (apparent) fact is that this young person was put on a plane immediately after a traumatic experience, and she would have been alone for 7-10 hours as she traveled. Somehow, this seems wrong- surely her mother could have been sent for to provide comfort and companionship as she traveled. Why-if she was- was she sent away so rapidly? Her mother could have gotten to her in about the same amount of time as it took for the cross-country trip.

Flights leave pretty regularly to get out of San Diego - pretty sure there's no straight through flights, but it would be pretty easy to say "just go to the airport, we'll let you know your flight, just get out of the house." or in a panic because she was scared and didn't want the wrath of dad to just go to the airport and catch a flight there. It just brings up more questions - was it already planned? was she already packed? did she go without her stuff? She's old enough to have a credit card for "emergencies" and be able to buy her own ticket, it could also have been a private flight.. . It just seems weird to do that not knowing the level of injury at that point.

This is a huge part of the question to me....which leads me to further pure speculation...did Rebecca get killed because she helped the daughter leave? Did GS leave because of fear for her safety? By one or both parents?

Ugh!

Suspicious Death
Definition:
A death is labeled suspicious:
When a crime is involved
Some cases when an accident has occurred
When the death escapes a medical prognosis
When a person dies die unexpectedly under medical care
When they die because of trauma in a medical setting
Estimates are that 20 percent of people die in suspicious circumstances.

I don't see suicide here and I don't see it at 1043 Ocean Blvd either, naked or otherwise. imo

Re: yesterday's Medicis conference call, the personal statement by JS sounded like a lot of PR damage control. Not one bit of it seemed from the heart. Not really surprising, given Wall Street couldn't give a flip whether his entire family got washed away in a tsunami as long as the company's stock does well, and JS is aware of that. JS made the statement that he would resume his usual schedule once the kid's are back in school - translation: we want you investor's to believe that this murder vs suicide investigation of my girlfriend's death has nothing to do with when I return to work.

Wouldn't we have loved to be a fly on the wall in the Medicis boardroom, the day after RN was found, when those good ole boys had to try to figure out how to delicately broach the subject with JS as to whether he had any involvment in her death. Don't you know they would have gladly booted him out the door then & there if they weren't terrified the stock would tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaDiosa1975