Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to talk again about orange electrical cords lol. Seriously, they are my monthly pet peeve as they are hard to untangle. I use them to power my electric lawn mower, grass/leaves blower and grass trimmer once a month or sometimes every 2-3 weeks.

my blower and trimmer draw less electricity so I use my skinnier orange cord but for my electric lawn mower , I use the thicker orange cord. (lets not go into the amperes discussion)

Both the skinny and thick cords takes a while to untangle specially if you do not roll them up and just dump them in a corner. I do not even attempt to use them to tie up things since they are not meant for tying up. They have much stiffer properties compared to both hemp or nylon rope. and if you try to use them as rope, they will not have a tight fit because of their relative rigidity compared to real rope. You can try to make them tight by pulling hard on the cord, but if you were trying to tightly tie a human with this rope, I imagine it would be painful and leave a "strong mark" or bruise due to the cord's rigid(stiffness) properties. The closest comparison to orange electrical cords that I can think of are those steel cables we use to lock down our bicycles.

So if the news outlets are correct 100% that orange electrical cord was used to bind Rebecca, then this adds one more bizarre element. As San Diego County sheriff's Capt. Tim Curran said "This is a very bizarre death, there's no doubt about it," Curran said at a news conference. "There is roughly 200 years of experience in the sheriff's homicide unit, and they all agree these are very unusual circumstances."

On a different tangent, is there any news or info corroborating the following :
"In the case of the death of Rebecca Zahau, Adam Shacknai is considered a prime witness, but is not considered a suspect at this time. In fact, he has been allowed to leave California. He’s considered a prime witness because he was the only other person on the property at the time Rebecca was discovered. But wait, was he really?

Initial reports state Adam was the only one there, but new reports state that Dina (Max’s mother) was “a witness in Zahau’s death”. Does this mean Dina was at the home sometime in the early morning hours of July 13th? It should be pointed out that Dina’s home is just down the road from the Shacknai mansion. Friends state both of Max’s parents were at his bedside at the time of Rebecca’s death. However, authorities have not stated that yet. Does it mean Dina is privy to information concerning Rebecca’s death? In either case, by the end of the day of the 13th attorney Paul Pfingst was retained to “represent someone connected with this case”, someone assumed to be a family member."
http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/07/22/what-went-down-at-the-shacknai-mansion/

here's more:
Weeks later, in a formal letter to Chief John Bennett of the Paradise Valley Police Department dated Jan. 26, Jonah wrote Dina previously filed “false and misleading reports” about bruises on her body stemming from contact with their dog.

“Importantly,” Shacknai wrote, "Dina has been treated medically for years for a bruising disorder, whereby the slightest contact with an object or other material causes bruises. This information can certainly be verified medically.”

Shacknai, the prominent founder and CEO of Medicis, a pharmaceutical company based in Scottsdale, Ariz., wrote that although never feeling physically endangered, Dina physically assaulted him several times, once causing him a broken finger.

He wrote that Dina threw herself at his car on Jan. 4 while he was attempting to drive away from the home. She screamed that he had no right to leave her or the house, Jonah wrote.

“At this point, Dina also began attempting to slap me, again screaming, “You cannot leave me!” Jonah wrote. “I was able to gently nudge her from the car and withdraw from the premises without further incident.”
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/125848813.html

"It appears to be some type of a violent death, however I'm not going to compromise the integrity of the investigation by giving anything more than that at this time," San Diego County Sheriff's Dept. Capt. Tim Curran said.
http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2...epa-at-jonah-shacknai-mansion-puzzles-police/

Police: Her death was 'very violent and very suspicious'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rd-son-fell-stairs-mansion.html#ixzz1SAsn2ht0

what does "violent death" mean in this case?? there was blood? or something rough? why was a carpet reportedly hauled away by police? what was on the carpet?

IF DS was responsible for staging the murder, making it look like a suicide, then I would expect her to be heavily bruised herself, if she did have that medical condition.

I can easily see DS being extremely angry @ RN for Max's death. First RN takes her husband, then she takes her son as well. Very strong motive for a murder, imo.

*sigh* still no determination? surely something should come soon!

I don't know if I find that as odd, this is a multi million dollar publicly traded company, business as usual and getting confidence built, this was business, not personal. Keep it simple looking toward the future imo

You might be right on that Defense101, after all you know US culture better than me, but JS has not made ANY personal statement about Rebeccas death yet right?, and here he had an opertunity to do that.
And IMO, but thats just me, even if that was a bizz speech the fact that he adresses such a VERY personal subject as his own young sons death and his beloved fiance death, I belive it would have been absolute appropiate to name them by name.
Even though I find this very odd, I don´t think JS killed Rebecca.

SOURCE: http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...i-son-girlfriend-death-investigation-wrapping

Snipped:

The respective investigations into the mysterious deaths of multi-millionaire Jonah Shacknai's son, Max, and girlfriend, Rebecca Zahau, are expected to be complete in the next several weeks, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

Jonah's 6-year-old son, Max, was found at the base of the stairs of his Coronado, CA. mansion, unresponsive and unconscious. Two days later, Shacknai's girlfriend, Rebecca Zahau, 32, was found hanging outside the same home, naked, with her hands bound to her ankles behind her back.

Law enforcement sources tell RadarOnline.com: "It doesn't look like Rebecca's death was by suicide. The evidence we have gathered so far, points us in the direction of this being a very, very suspicious death."

SOURCE: http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...i-son-girlfriend-death-investigation-wrapping

Snipped:

The respective investigations into the mysterious deaths of multi-millionaire Jonah Shacknai's son, Max, and girlfriend, Rebecca Zahau, are expected to be complete in the next several weeks, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

Jonah's 6-year-old son, Max, was found at the base of the stairs of his Coronado, CA. mansion, unresponsive and unconscious. Two days later, Shacknai's girlfriend, Rebecca Zahau, 32, was found hanging outside the same home, naked, with her hands bound to her ankles behind her back.

Law enforcement sources tell RadarOnline.com: "It doesn't look like Rebecca's death was by suicide. The evidence we have gathered so far, points us in the direction of this being a very, very suspicious death."

WOW!!! finaly and aswer to that question then. (needs to be confirmed by official police of course)
Thank you very much for braking this news, looking forward to justice beeing served:)

woah, thank you CuriousAmazon!

"A formal announcement about the results of both investigations will be made at the same time. It's expected that this will take place in 2-3 weeks. The San Diego Sheriff's Department is handling Rebecca's and the Coronado Police Department is handling Max's. Both agencies have been sharing information, respectively," the source states."

2-3 weeks?? i wish it was 2-3 hours, but i can wait somewhat patiently :)

Thanks CuriousAmazon for finding and posting that writeup. I am very intrigued with the paragraph highlighted below ...

I wonder how they determined this? I wonder who they will accuse? I wonder if this 2 or 3 week wait is to further tip the hand(s) of the perpetrator(s)? At last we will have some answers to this "very suspicious death"

Flights leave pretty regularly to get out of San Diego - pretty sure there's no straight through flights, but it would be pretty easy to say "just go to the airport, we'll let you know your flight, just get out of the house." or in a panic because she was scared and didn't want the wrath of dad to just go to the airport and catch a flight there. It just brings up more questions - was it already planned? was she already packed? did she go without her stuff? She's old enough to have a credit card for "emergencies" and be able to buy her own ticket, it could also have been a private flight.. . It just seems weird to do that not knowing the level of injury at that point.

This is a huge part of the question to me....which leads me to further pure speculation...did Rebecca get killed because she helped the daughter leave? Did GS leave because of fear for her safety? By one or both parents?

Ugh!

I had not considered the thought that she had demanded to leave-"I wanna go home- I want my mom." I still find it odd that a child would be allowed/encouraged to spend the day alone after witnessing such an event.

LE told Radar Online that the investigation would be finished within the next few weeks .
"It doesn't look like Rebecca's death was by suicide. The evidence we have gathered so far, points us in the direction of this being a very, very suspicious death."

Two days later, Shacknai's girlfriend, Rebecca Zahau, 32, was found hanging outside the same home, naked, with her hands bound to her ankles behind her back.

Snipped:

Bold blue by me.

Yep. That's pretty darn suspicious. If she was hogtied then there's no way she hung herself. And IIRC at least one member speculated that her hands and feet had been tied together due to the angle of her legs which where bent at the knees.

Now is when it gets really interesting!! Hopefully LE will take heed of cases such as Jon Benet and Nicole and Ron and keep things close to the vest until they arrest a suspect.

Information that could compromise the investigation needs to be kept confidential. Do I want to know, yeppers, right now, but if close to the vest, gets the job done and leads to a conviction, I am all for it.

Now this is some of the information I have been waiting on.

If the article is correct I had never heard that her ankles and feet were bound together. That is huge if true.

I was talking with my daughter in law about this case this morning (she had not heard about it) and the first thing she said that the list of potential suspects seems to be very small. JS,DS and AS.

But when I told her how Rebecca was found the first thing she said when learning Rebecca was stripped naked before being tossed over the balcony that seemed more what a woman would do. Especially if a woman had a lot of rage and resentment against Rebecca. More like "here is your Rebecca...how do you like her now?" I thought that was an interesting viewpoint.

We havent heard a word out of Dina during all this time have we?

So at least now we are getting some information. I hope when LE does come out with the results they already have a suspect on their radar with an arrest happening.

IMO

Snipped:

Ok limber types...is there ANY way of binding ones ankles to your wrist, and then the noose? or I suppose slip through a loose noose and tie your ankles to your wrists and then hang yourself?

Now this is some of the information I have been waiting on.

If the article is correct I had never heard that her ankles and feet were bound together. That is huge if true.

I was talking with my daughter in law about this case this morning (she had not heard about it) and the first thing she said that the list of potential suspects seems to be very small. JS,DS and AS.

But when I told her how Rebecca was found the first thing she said when learning Rebecca was stripped naked before being tossed over the balcony that seemed more what a woman would do. Especially if a woman had a lot of rage and resentment against Rebecca. More like "here is your Rebecca...how do you like her now?" I thought that was an interesting viewpoint.

We havent heard a word out of Dina during all this time have we?

So at least now we are getting some information. I hope when LE does come out with the results they already have a suspect on their radar with an arrest happening.

IMO

I agree.
IF Rebecca was hogtied as this article describes, that changes EVERYTHING. There is absolutely no way she could have committed suicide by hanging if her hands were bound to her feet. The logistics of such a feat are impossible.

I hope that quote was not included just because it sounded salacious and would sell better.

Snipped:

Thank you! Geez, I'm happy they are at least saying it doesn't look like suicide. What they say after is odd. Is it just that they don't want to call it a (shhhhhhh) MURDER! Or, is it that the evidence seems so convoluted they are having a difficult time knowing what happened, someone left her to die but didn't actually kill her right then and there, someone murdered her then they or someone else tried to cover it up!???

Ok limber types...is there ANY way of binding ones ankles to your wrist, and then the noose? or I suppose slip through a loose noose and tie your ankles to your wrists and then hang yourself?

From behind with an electrical cord? That would be the first.
By the way I thought they said she was not hog tied.
If she were, that would certainly explain the bent legs. If her ankles were bound to her hands, then her legs would end up bent.
But how would it be possible to commit suicide that way is beyond my understanding.

Captain Curran said in the LE press conference that she wasn't hogtied, but what I was thinking is that if one orange extension cord was used to tie both hands and feet, then they would be connected, but not necessarily hogtied, know what I mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member