Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering if she was strangled and then hung to cover the strangling ?? course it won't cover it because the wounds would be different but I am thinking the average person doesn't know that .

Plus she was OUTSIDE !
Everything I have read where people are nude they are indoors ..not outside . I will never believe this is a suicide for that reason alone .

Mary Zahau-Loehner (Rebecca's sister) has updated their tribute commentary to her life as reflected in her revised obituary ...

In my 20 years as a funeral and memorial celebrant I do not ever remember this ever being done, but then I do not remember anyone quite like Rebecca Zahau. :(

Now this is some of the information I have been waiting on.

If the article is correct I had never heard that her ankles and feet were bound together. That is huge if true.

I was talking with my daughter in law about this case this morning (she had not heard about it) and the first thing she said that the list of potential suspects seems to be very small. JS,DS and AS.

But when I told her how Rebecca was found the first thing she said when learning Rebecca was stripped naked before being tossed over the balcony that seemed more what a woman would do. Especially if a woman had a lot of rage and resentment against Rebecca. More like "here is your Rebecca...how do you like her now?" I thought that was an interesting viewpoint.

We havent heard a word out of Dina during all this time have we?

So at least now we are getting some information. I hope when LE does come out with the results they already have a suspect on their radar with an arrest happening.

IMO

BBM - Geez, do your daughter and I think alike!

Mary Zahau-Loehner (Rebecca's sister) has updated their tribute commentary to her life as reflected in her revised obituary ...

In my 20 years as a funeral and memorial celebrant I do not ever remember this ever being done, but then I do not remember anyone quite like Rebecca Zahau. :(

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Jonah and Dina Shacknai and the Shacknai family on the loss of their son Max. Rebecca loved and adored Max as her own son. She often shared stories with us about Jonah’s children especially Little “Maxie”. We know he was a special child, who also will be missed.

Mary Zahau-Loehner

BBM

We know he was a special child, who also will be missed - also quoted from RN's obit.......sister talking about Maxie

Does anyone remember LE were going to try to recreate the scene? Then didn't... I wonder if the evidence showed whether during autopsy or from evidence in the house that there was no need to recreate. Or was the recreation thing just a rumor?

As previously discussed, I don't think they had to do the recreation because once LE/ME began looking at knots and other evidence, dna, etc.; they didn't need too. Since they didn't do this, I think the evidence is leading them toward a homicide.

Oh my, which of the three........DS, JS or AS

If not AS, he had to have heard/saw something....

Thanks Bonepile!

I had earlier noticed that the first Z family public commentary included the following generous statement:

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Jonah and the Shacknai family on the loss of their son Max. We know he was a special child, who will be missed.

7/25 http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Rebecca-Zahaus-Family--126121118.html

Subsequent to that I noticed the statement had been interestingly [BBM] augmented and read as follows:

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Jonah and Dina Shacknai and the Shacknai family on the loss of their son Max. Rebecca loved and adored Max as her own son. She often shared stories with us about Jonah’s children especially Little “Maxie”. We know he was a special child, who also will be missed.

7/27 http://www.meierhoffer.com/obituaries/rebecca-m-zahau-2/

Is radaronline as reputable lalate?

Is radaronline an MSM site?

TIA

RN was NOT hogtied. Here is a clip from an article, along with a link, describing what police said about that:

Zahau's hands were bound behind her back and her feet were bound, but her hands and feet did not appear ever to have been bound together, police said. Though Adam Shacknai said she was hanging from a rope, investigators did not disclose what kind of material bound her hands and feet.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dead-woman-rebecca-zahau-found-naked-bound-historic/story?id=14073115

There is also a video I remember seeing at some point where the San Diego sheriff states specifically that RN was not hogtied. When I find the link to the video, I will post it.

Yes, there has been conflicting info on this issue and, as you rightly said, should be taken with a grain of salt.

Respectfully, I believe LE said that she was not hogtied when found. LE made no assertion as to whether or not she was hogtied during the course of a possible murder.

We need more info from LE.

BBM I TOTALLY agree, Quester. I have found when law enforcement is answering questions, they choose words carefully, but when it gets passed on from MSM, the writers own opinion influences & paraphrases. Then when we read the paraphrase, we convert it to fact again.

Way back in the beginning of this, since this was quoted by LE, I believed that LE meant that she wasn't "found" hogtied, but I thought that meant that she could have been hogtied at one time, or tied in a similar manner to being hogtied, but not hogtied to the letter of the definition. I did think that the same device (IMO orange extension cord) was used to tie hands and feet, but different device (IMO a rope) around her neck.

RN was NOT hogtied. Here is a clip from an article, along with a link, describing what police said about that:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dead-woman-rebecca-zahau-found-naked-bound-historic/story?id=14073115

There is also a video I remember seeing at some point where the San Diego sheriff states specifically that RN was not hogtied. When I find the link to the video, I will post it.

hmm, "did not appear ever to have been" edit: i should check links before i post! this is also a news article, i thought it was a quote from the presser. does anyone have the link to the 20 minute long press conference that mentions hogtying? should look at the exact wording there

BBM - Great thought on the orange ethernet cable, time! It would be much more readily available in the home as opposed to the contractor orange extension cord. And, it would be easier to tie in knots than the other.

[O/T I worked with a contractor who would daisy chain (like crocheting) the orange extension cord. It is designed to NOT knot up. It's very thick.]

Anyone remember exactly how LE described it? Electrical cord?

I had remembered 'electrical cord' and I guess we all thought extension cord. Below is just a quick Google search ... some may just be repeating other articles though

1. Whodunnit?: The riddle of the millionaire businessman, the ...

Jul 15, 2011 – Rebecca Nalepa, 32, discovered with hands and feet bound with orange electrical cord; Jonah Shacknai's son in hospital after fall days ...
  2. Rebecca Nalepa's Sister Claims There Was 'No Way' She Would Commit ...

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...d=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com
    Jul 21, 2011 – The sister of Rebecca Nalepa has told RadarOnline.com: “There is no ... with her hands and feet tied with electrical cord from a balcony of ...

3. Rebecca Nalepa found hanged in Jonah Shacknai's mansion after son ...

Jul 19, 2011 – Victim: Rebecca Nalepa, 32, was found wrapped in cord after ... her feet and hands bound with orange electrical cord, police have revealed. ...

4. CRIME SCENE USA: COPS: REBECCA NALEPA MET 'VIOLENT END' AT MANSION

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...d=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.comJul 15, 2011 – Rebecca Nalepa, 32, met what officers described as a 'very violent ... bound by orange electrical cord, the day after a swanky party at the ...

hmm, "did not appear ever to have been" edit: i should check links before i post! this is also a news article, i thought it was a quote from the presser. does anyone have the link to the 20 minute long press conference that mentions hogtying? should look at the exact wording there

I believe this is it:

[thanks in advance for watching it again - I'm maxed out on it - please do let us know what you find. Thx! :seeya:]

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15075598/questions-remain-after-deaths-of-coronado-mansion-owners-son-girlfriend?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=6051226&redirected=true

ETA: @ askfornina: could you also listen for how exactly LE describes the wrist and ankle bindings? electrical cord? - Thx!

Quote:
Zahau's hands were bound behind her back and her feet were bound, but her hands and feet did not appear ever to have been bound together, police said. Though Adam Shacknai said she was hanging from a rope, investigators did not disclose what kind of material bound her hands and feet.

I think the orange electrical cord came from the media and what they thought they saw

I believe this is it:

[thanks in advance for watching it again - I'm maxed out on it - please do let us know what you find. Thx! :seeya:]

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15075598/questions-remain-after-deaths-of-coronado-mansion-owners-son-girlfriend?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=6051226&redirected=true

ETA: @ askfornina: could you also listen for how exactly LE describes the wrist and ankle bindings? electrical cord? - Thx!

hogtying: "the hands were bound behind the back, and the feet were bound. they did not appear to be bound together. i think you used the term hogtyed..that did not appear to be the case."

electrical cord: "i am not ready to disclose what the material was used for the bindings. it was a rope suspending her." important to note the question asked here was asking about both the material of the bindings and the material she was suspended by, so he is not disclosing the binding material but he is saying she was suspended by rope. just in case that was unclear :)

wrist and ankle bindings: only reference i saw is in response to a question along the lines of "could she have done the bindings herself?": "that is a possibility, and we look at every possibility. the circumstances are bizarre. it is unusual but that is a possibility."

also interesting to note in response to the question "what was the rope anchored to?": "i can't tell you what it was anchored to inside."

if i missed anything i apologize :)

hogtying: "the hands were bound behind the back, and the feet were bound. they did not appear to be bound together. i think you used the term hogtyed..that did not appear to be the case."

electrical cord: "i am not ready to disclose what the material was used for the bindings. it was a rope suspending her." important to note the question asked here was asking about both the material of the bindings and the material she was suspended by, so he is not disclosing the binding material but he is saying she was suspended by rope. just in case that was unclear :)

wrist and ankle bindings: only reference i saw is in response to a question along the lines of "could she have done the bindings herself?": "that is a possibility, and we look at every possibility. the circumstances are bizarre. it is unusual but that is a possibility."

also interesting to note in response to the question "what was the rope anchored to?": "i can't tell you what it was anchored to inside."

if i missed anything i apologize :)

ditto as I listened again... words are carefully chosen and I think interesting he said something to the effect of "Adam informed he cut her down", she was hanging from the neck, Adam said, what we were told. He uses both terms, hanging and suspending, I believe.

Also, I think twice he said she appeared deceased upon arrival.

They ask a lot about it being an isolated incident and while he doesn't give specifics, he seems pretty adamant. I believe the radaronline part about saying it wasn't a suicide so we have an isolated incident that wasn't a suicide.

Implicates someone close to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member