Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
hogtying: "the hands were bound behind the back, and the feet were bound. they did not appear to be bound together. i think you used the term hogtyed..that did not appear to be the case."

electrical cord: "i am not ready to disclose what the material was used for the bindings. it was a rope suspending her." important to note the question asked here was asking about both the material of the bindings and the material she was suspended by, so he is not disclosing the binding material but he is saying she was suspended by rope. just in case that was unclear :)

wrist and ankle bindings: only reference i saw is in response to a question along the lines of "could she have done the bindings herself?": "that is a possibility, and we look at every possibility. the circumstances are bizarre. it is unusual but that is a possibility."

also interesting to note in response to the question "what was the rope anchored to?": "i can't tell you what it was anchored to inside."

if i missed anything i apologize :)

:tyou: Thanks askfornina!

So, thinking out loud about the bindings material:

Why would LE disclose the rope material but not disclose the bindings material?

What is it about the bindings material that LE wants to keep it from the public?

We can see in the photos that the bindings material looks like some type of long, orange, electrical cord as has been reported many times in MSM. [Thx, Time!]

So, why didn't LE just confirm what it was?

What are we missing?

Are they orange jump ropes that children would play with?

Is there a children's game with orange rope?

Could it be orange cording from a brightly colored bedspread?

watching that presser again made me more interested in this case than ever. i am very interested in what was inside that bedroom and who the bedroom belonged to.

Did DS go to the mansion to retrieve something dear to MS (eg stuffed animal) and find RN asleep in MS' bed and snapped?

:tyou: Thanks askfornina!

So, thinking out loud about the bindings material:

Why would LE disclose the rope material but not disclose the bindings material?

What is it about the bindings material that LE wants to keep it from the public?

We can see in the photos that the bindings material looks like some type of long, orange, electrical cord as has been reported many times in MSM. [Thx, Time!]

So, why didn't LE just confirm what it was?

What are we missing?

Are they orange jump ropes that children would play with?

Is there a children's game with orange rope?

Could it be orange cording from a brightly colored bedspread?

They make orange "check cords" for dog training.

http://www.google.com/products/cata...a=X&ei=ZaFBTqP_G-Pb0QHQxMS3CQ&ved=0CDYQ8wIwAw

Did DS go to the mansion to retrieve something dear to MS (eg stuffed animal) and find RN asleep in MS' bed and snapped?
I think this is where the hospital tapes will come in to play, I'm just having trouble figuring out about the alarm system. Did RN know JS was coming home and not set it, if so would DS have keys to the house? Or was it set and JS turned it off when coming in? I'm sure the alarm company would have a record of when it was set and turned off. I know ours has those kind of records, I wonder if LE got a hold of them.

Interesting!!

From your link:
71921034-125x125-0-0.jpg

certainly a possibility with the little information we have- however, i really am not ready to make the leap to potentially implicate any of the known players yet. i think it's a huge huge huge possibility that it is someone we have not heard of yet. i understand the need to speculate, not trying to discount your opinion because the players are certainly reasonable suspects. just want to offer a counter POV to the mainstream POV here, plus it makes me really uncomfortable to potentially wrongly accuse a greiving victim. again, i understand the need to speculate and i'm not trying to make any poster look bad here because i value all of this speculation. :)

Shacknai's girlfriend called full of life as answers lag

by Robert Anglen - Aug. 6, 2011 12:00 AM
The Arizona Republic

Her name in her native Burmese was Springtime Beauty. Photographs reflect a smiling, vibrant woman ready to embrace any outdoor challenge: standing on a mountain peak, kneeling over a tide pool, clambering across a wooden bridge. It gives the sense that Rebecca Zahau couldn't wait to leap into the next adventure.

The pictures, which unfold in a memorial slide show, are in stark contrast to the brutal circumstances of the Paradise Valley woman's death - a death that, nearly a month later, continues to stymie detectives.

"There has not been a cause determined," San Diego County Sheriff's Department Lt. Larry Nesbit said earlier this week. "Individual forensic results are coming back. . . . We have been in contact with the victim's family."

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarep...girlfriend-mystery-lingers.html#ixzz1UZS41d1y

Good point!

BBM I TOTALLY agree, Quester. I have found when law enforcement is answering questions, they choose words carefully, but when it gets passed on from MSM, the writers own opinion influences & paraphrases. Then when we read the paraphrase, we convert it to fact again.

Way back in the beginning of this, since this was quoted by LE, I believed that LE meant that she wasn't "found" hogtied, but I thought that meant that she could have been hogtied at one time, or tied in a similar manner to being hogtied, but not hogtied to the letter of the definition. I did think that the same device (IMO orange extension cord) was used to tie hands and feet, but different device (IMO a rope) around her neck.

and .. I am wondering if the tragic accident had been reported and the "family" was at the hospital 24/7 and the word out about this .. did someone totally unknown to anyone break in to rob and finding RN asleep they might have not meant to but awakened her, struggled with her (evidence on the rug) strangled her and once they realized she was the only person there, gotten rid of her quickly by hanging her to make it look like suicide.?? Impossible? Implausible? I wonder ...

and .. I am wondering if the tragic accident had been reported and the "family" was at the hospital 24/7 and the word out about this .. did someone totally unknown to anyone break in to rob and finding RN asleep they might have not meant to but awakened her, struggled with her (evidence on the rug) strangled her and once they realized she was the only person there, gotten rid of her quickly by hanging her to make it look like suicide.?? Impossible? Implausible? I wonder ...

Interesting thoughts!

However in your scenario, wouldn't LE have mentioned a break-in, theft, etc rather that stating that they believed this was an isolated case and the public was not at risk?

I think this is where the hospital tapes will come in to play, I'm just having trouble figuring out about the alarm system. Did RN know JS was coming home and not set it, if so would DS have keys to the house? Or was it set and JS turned it off when coming in? I'm sure the alarm company would have a record of when it was set and turned off. I know ours has those kind of records, I wonder if LE got a hold of them.

Perhaps they wanted to look at the hospital tapes after the individual interviews and the review of the alarm system records (I haven't seen anything on MSM about the checking of the alarm system records; would hope it was SOP). LE should have asked AS what time he came home and was the alarm on/off...did he reset it or what......

Boy that orange dog training rope.......I tried to enlarge a picture of RN on the grass and play with the colors....could be possible...did MSM say LE said extention cord or did they not answer?

My theory: Rebecca was tied up, anyway she was tied up or with what, its not part of my assessment right now.

The fact that she was tied up is because the murderer wanted to physically and psychologically torture her. She was probably told what was going to happen to her. This person was so filled with rage he/she couldn’t control themselves.

What a tragic thing to have happened to Rebecca and the ultimate fear she must have had. God bless her and her family. And God bless little Maxie

JMO

I've looked to see what I can find, but I'm not seeing anything reported about MS accident until after RN was found, and it seems like a lot of work for someone who was just breaking in to rob the place. As well the LE saying they believe it to be an isolated incident tells me they didn't see any signs of break in. imo

hmm, "did not appear ever to have been" edit: i should check links before i post! this is also a news article, i thought it was a quote from the presser. does anyone have the link to the 20 minute long press conference that mentions hogtying? should look at the exact wording there

RBBM: And I match your black bold with a red bold :)...'appear'...this was a presser before the full investigation, we still don't know what was, simply how it appears to be..things can 'appear' one way and found to be another, upon closer examination, as we all know...

Hmmm ... perhaps her feet and hands could be bound together but they wouldn't call it hogtied? Maybe one piece of cord was just used, hence they were tied together. Ack, I still hate it when they seemingly leek official info but say it is from an 'insider'.

At any rate, I'm wondering if the orange electrical cord could be much thinner than we think? Not sure if anyone thinks there is a good enough view of it to say how thick. Here's an example:

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/decor...lamps/mack-with-orange-cord-table-lamp/f39561

But there is also orange ethernet cable and such.....

http://www.cablesandkits.com/cat6-ethernet-patch-cable-snagless-150-orange-p-2843.html

http://www.brockwhite.com/0p14i4593c872/polarsolar-trisource-extension-cord/

http://www.shopmania.com/audio-dj-e...le-patch-cable-snake-microphone-cord-18017381

I'm just grasping for something to look into.

BBM: I think there is one small change in the tying is the reason LE said she was not hogtied. I google "hogtied" and noticed that the hands are tied together behind the back. What if Rebeccas were not tied together, yet tied to her ankles which were tied together....

My theory: Rebecca was tied up, anyway she was tied up or with what, its not part of my assessment right now.

The fact that she was tied up is because the murderer wanted to physically and psychologically torture her. She was probably told what was going to happen to her. This person was so filled with rage he/she couldn’t control themselves.

What a tragic thing to have happened to Rebecca and the ultimate fear she must have had. God bless her and her family. And God bless little Maxie

JMO

This is exactly what I think happened as well.

Also, if LE said it was an 'isolated incident' or words to that effect, I would think that would mean 'isolated' as in we do not have a serial killer on our hands here. Meaning we are closing in on who we think did it and its not a stranger.

maybe we should consider the differences between the term "hogtied", and it's official procedure...and the possible forced 'connection', shall we say, between hands and feet.

The possibilty that somehow her hands and feet could have been connected by some form of attachment, ie rope, cord...at some point in the night...possibly while 'suspended'....is a thought that runs through my mind.

right, this is what i am picturing.

here is a thought i've been having about the hand and feet bindings as well: orange extension cords are hard to knot. perhaps they weren't actually "knotted", but more like wrapped around the arms and legs 4 or 5 times, enough to bind them tight enough without an actual "knot" see what i'm saying anyone? just throwing an idea out there, keep in mind my brain is like a puddle of goo lately so.
That would make more sense to me. I couldn't picture an orange extension cord being used...they are too difficulty to tie or knot. Thank you for your post.

If this is a murder case, I believe we’ve seen absolutely no evidence that anyone outside of this very small circle (DS, JS, AS) could be responsible for RN’s death. This position is seemingly supported by LE’s statements of isolated case and no risk to public. As a matter of fact, we know that there was very likely heightened emotions experienced by these players as a result of MS’ condition, coupled with previous contentious dealings with one another.

Perhaps it’s the absence of a lot of hard evidence (that LE hasn’t yet shared) at this point that is leading some in the direction of a mystery perp??

I’m not saying that it’s impossible for a mystery perp to be involved; I’m just saying that I haven’t seen anything that would lead me in that direction at this point. And, everything that I have seen makes me focus intently on this small circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesaccasey