Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is just a "little" problem with that logic. Just because people with bipolar might exhibit impulsive behavior such as shoplifting, does not mean that those who shoplifted are bipolar. And no one has suggested RN was bipolar.
No, not all shoplifters have bipolar disorder. Ask yourself why an employed woman (who may have been dating an multi-millionaire) was participating in such risky behavior. Something is "not right" with that situation.

If this is a murder case, I believe we’ve seen absolutely no evidence that anyone outside of this very small circle (DS, JS, AS) could be responsible for RN’s death. This position is seemingly supported by LE’s statements of isolated case and no risk to public. As a matter of fact, we know that there was very likely heightened emotions experienced by these players as a result of MS’ condition, coupled with previous contentious dealings with one another.

Perhaps it’s the absence of a lot of hard evidence (that LE hasn’t yet shared) at this point that is leading some in the direction of a mystery perp??

I’m not saying that it’s impossible for a mystery perp to be involved; I’m just saying that I haven’t seen anything that would lead me in that direction at this point. And, everything that I have seen makes me focus intently on this small circle.

Of the small group of JS, DS and AS there are only two that could have reached the point of a rage that knows no return and it isn't AS. AS lived far away from JS's kids and from all reports the brother's weren't close so how close could AS have been to Maxie?

Why would AS (or anyone) fly into town to a day before to murder someone in such a a violent manner when they had little to do with that person (the person being RN).

Seems like too brutal a murder to have been AS who from what we can tell had little to nothing to do with her and if in fact AS was not that close with his brother as has been reported why take such a drastic measure for his brother's sake (i.e feeling his brother's pain so acutely he has to murder the person he feels may be responsible for his nephew's death/which was an accident). AS as the murderer just doesn't make sense. Fly in, no one will notice and take out the girlfriend who we all blame for Maxie's death? Doesn't make sense to me at all.

This murder was (and this is just my theory) exactly what we see, sloppy, a violent murder by someone totally out of control. And if there were ever a time to go out of control even irrationally it would be at the death of your child. Clearly, that doesn't mean killing people but if you are out of control and have a vicious temper...and here we are.

Not to totally blame JS (I think it was him I think it was him) but IIRC he let his ex-wife DS be attacked by dogs because of custody/divorce issues...that is very brutal in my opinion. So, the torturing RN and killing her for the misplaced blame of the death of his son seems right on par for his type of personality disorder.

My .2 of course.

She may not have been diagnosed. It is a difficult disorder to diagnose because the symptoms can resemble several other disorders. If you talk to individuals who have been diagnosed as bipolar, they will likely tell you that they were assessed by several doctors and it took quite some time before they were diagnosed.

Thought you might be interested in this:

The suicide rate for bipolar individuals has been estimated to be between 15% and 50%, depending on the study (K.J. Tarnowski, personal communication, 1998).*
http://itech.fgcu.edu/&/issues/vol2/issue1/bipolar.htm

Pensfan,

I am well aware of the symptoms and actions of someone with the diagnosis of bipolar. My sister is bipolar. In her case, it wasn't that it was hard to diagnose; it was hard for her to accept the diagnosis and to want to take her medications.

score

Re: yesterday's Medicis conference call, the personal statement by JS sounded like a lot of PR damage control. Not one bit of it seemed from the heart. Not really surprising, given Wall Street couldn't give a flip whether his entire family got washed away in a tsunami as long as the company's stock does well, and JS is aware of that. JS made the statement that he would resume his usual schedule once the kid's are back in school - translation: we want you investor's to believe that this murder vs suicide investigation of my girlfriend's death has nothing to do with when I return to work.

Wouldn't we have loved to be a fly on the wall in the Medicis boardroom, the day after RN was found, when those good ole boys had to try to figure out how to delicately broach the subject with JS as to whether he had any involvment in her death. Don't you know they would have gladly booted him out the door then & there if they weren't terrified the stock would tank.

Or else they knew each other and JS "saved" her from a life of crime.......

What mutual friend would introduce the two????

OR, Dina was with Rebecca when this occured and Dina slipped something into Rebecca's shopping bag. Rebecca didn't know how this happened and JS got her out of the situation. Who knows. I just don't see that about Rebecca, I have felt that she was a really good woman, loved her family, her church, JS's children. I would like to know who was shopping with her that day!

Of the small group of JS, DS and AS there are only two that could have reached the point of a rage that knows no return and it isn't AS. AS lived far away from JS's kids and from all reports the brother's weren't close so how close could AS have been to Maxie?

Why would AS (or anyone) fly into town to a day before to murder someone in such a a violent manner when they had little to do with that person (the person being RN).

Seems like too brutal a murder to have been AS who from what we can tell had little to nothing to do with her and if in fact AS was not that close with his brother as has been reported why take such a drastic measure for his brother's sake (i.e feeling his brother's pain so acutely he has to murder the person he feels may be responsible for his nephew's death/which was an accident). AS as the murderer just doesn't make sense. Fly in, no one will notice and take out the girlfriend who we all blame for Maxie's death? Doesn't make sense to me at all.

This murder was (and this is just my theory) exactly what we see, sloppy, a violent murder by someone totally out of control. And if there were ever a time to go out of control even irrationally it would be at the death of your child. Clearly, that doesn't mean killing people but if you are out of control and have a vicious temper...and here we are.

Not to totally blame JS (I think it was him I think it was him) but IIRC he let his ex-wife DS be attacked by dogs because of custody/divorce issues...that is very brutal in my opinion. So, the torturing RN and killing her for the misplaced blame of the death of his son seems right on par for his type of personality disorder.

My .2 of course.

So exactly about AS. He wasn't the rage killer, but he may have helped with the cover up. txs Matty

Pensfan,

I am well aware of the symptoms and actions of someone with the diagnosis of bipolar. My sister is bipolar. In her case, it wasn't that it was hard to diagnose; it was hard for her to accept the diagnosis and to want to take her medications.

score

This is a common situation. Bipolar patients like the "up" of their mania and they don't like to take meds that affect the mania side of their illness.

This is a common situation. Bipolar patients like the "up" of their mania and they don't like to take meds that affect the mania side of their illness.

I think this is just furthering muddying the waters - absolutely nothing has been said about bi-polar or any other mental disease about Rebecca....I'd be much less surprised to hear that Jonah had something with rage issues.

So exactly about AS. He wasn't the rage killer, but he may have helped with the cover up. txs Matty

He may have also come to prevent the very thing that happened - I still can't see Dina being strong enough unless she had the complete surprise element on her side, but to me it makes more sense if it was murder to be Dina rather than Jonah.

Does anyone remember LE were going to try to recreate the scene? Then didn't... I wonder if the evidence showed whether during autopsy or from evidence in the house that there was no need to recreate. Or was the recreation thing just a rumor?

I remember. It was said in a video, then later that same day they changed their minds.

No, not all shoplifters have bipolar disorder. Ask yourself why an employed woman (who may have been dating an multi-millionaire) was participating in such risky behavior. Something is "not right" with that situation.

Maybe she like the "thrill" of not getting caught?
Or the thrill of getting caught?

Does anyone in here think sex was involved with this murder?

This is the question that puzzles me: Why would a woman who is dating a multi-millionaire shoplift from Macy’s? Was she bipolar (impulse control problems in the manic phase)?

(The depression phase with bipolar disorder is difficult to treat and can be very severe. Bipolar patients are known to be very noncompliant with their meds and it is estimated that between 15-20% of bipolar individuals commit suicide. They are known to choose a more lethal method than other depressed individuals when they attempt to take their own lives.)

Thank you for the first post that made me think it could be suicide. Indeed, bipolar people do have an unusually high suicide rate. Great post.

if it looks like rebecca was "put-out" , "clubbed" or strangled inside the house, then there are 6 questions:

1.) if the house has an alarm system, does the alarm company know if the alarm was armed then triggered later in the night ?

2.) if indeed rebecca was hanged from the balcony then , the balcony door was opened to access the balcony which means the alarm was turned-off (??), assuming there was an alarm and assuming she was thrown-off or hanged from the balcony.

3.) who has the keys or access to the house aside from JS ?

4.) did anyone see Rebecca with anyone that night either going inside the house or went outside the house for a night-out ?

5.) Was AS sleeping/staying already at the guesthouse, the night when Rebecca was killed/suicide? Did he hear any sounds at all ? did he hear the loud music that was reported in the news ? what were his activities the day before the death, the night of the death and the day of the discovery of the body ? what time did he wake up ? and how did he "discover" Rebecca's body.
Im interested in AS's alibi or timeline since he was the one who discovered her body. same with the alibi of JS and his ex(once the hospital's video camera records have been watched by LE and compared with the alibi of JS and his ex , other evidence, etc)- I cant wait for the LE's news conference

6.) since the killers(assuming it was a homicide) had only 2 days to plan the murder), there is a big possibility they forgot about the video cameras in the hospital which would record whoever met and talked with JS and DS as well as the comings and goings of JS and DS. I also wonder if there are video cameras in the neighbors or in JS mansion. if there are video cams in JS's mansion, I wonder if they were turned off or recorded her death.

Thank you for the first post that made me think it could be suicide. Indeed, bipolar people do have an unusually high suicide rate. Great post.
While bipolar people might have a high suicide rate, there's been absolutely no evidence provided that RN was bipolar. It is really misleading to suggest she was bipolar just because she was caught shoplifting several years ago.

While bipolar people might have a high suicide rate, there's been absolutely no evidence provided that RN was bipolar. It is really misleading to suggest she was bipolar just because she was caught shoplifting several years ago.

I don't think anyone is trying to mislead. I think everyone has different backgrounds that may see foreign to others, but that give them different ideas that seem possible.

I never thought about this theory, but think it is a pretty clever one. IMHO

I'm not saying it's what I think happened. I'm just saying it makes me think about alternate scenarios.

What's suicide rate for those who shoplifted? Give me a break.

I think Pensfan is making a good point. Grown women with good jobs do not tend to shoplift from Macy's. If they do, it might indicate a mental health issue.

Pensfan is a verified mental Health worker here, so he/she knows what they are talking about.

I think Pensfan is making a good point. Grown women with good jobs do not tend to shoplift from Macy's. If they do, it might indicate a mental health issue.

Pensfan is a verified mental Health worker here, so he/she knows what they are talking about.

it could also be a friend who did it, or a beau's daughter, or carrying it from one department to another in a shopping bag since Macy's doesn't have carts ...could be a lot of things!

it could also be a friend who did it, or a beau's daughter, or carrying it from one department to another in a shopping bag since Macy's doesn't have carts ...could be a lot of things!

Not likely. They have surveillance cameras and security people. If there is any doubt who actually took the merchandise then the person is just asked to leave the store.
And going into the next department won't do it---you need to leave the premises. Sure, it is possible it was a mistake, but unlikely. imoo

I only learned of this case today, and I am very intrigued.

Does anyone know if/when the autopsy report will be in?

Also, if there is anywhere that I can read additional news reports about this case, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members