Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not likely. They have surveillance cameras and security people. If there is any doubt who actually took the merchandise then the person is just asked to leave the store.
And going into the next department won't do it---you need to leave the premises. Sure, it is possible it was a mistake, but unlikely. imoo

was there a conviction or "just" a charge?

was there a conviction or "just" a charge?

IDK but if it was just a charge we probably would not know about it. Someone sleuthed it by looking for any criminal records, so I am going to guess it was a conviction.

While bipolar people might have a high suicide rate, there's been absolutely no evidence provided that RN was bipolar. It is really misleading to suggest she was bipolar just because she was caught shoplifting several years ago.

No, not that we know of. But it is not something her friends or family would probably speak of even if they knew something. imoo

And I do not think anyone was saying she was absolutely bi-polar, just that there might be a possibility. And if so, the hanging as a 'suicide' might make more sense.

It looks like classes vary somewhat by county/town but in essence she paid a $500 fine, and a $200.00 class fee for a misdemeanor charge of petty theft, that was supposed to keep her record clean.

Note there's a separate class for mental health issues, but she apparently took the class for shoplifting - according to http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...lepa-mug-shot-san-diego-bizarre-hanging-death

How it Happens
Prosecutors offer eligible defendants the diversion option at their arraignment (first appearance) ONLY. Those who accept are directed to Southwestern Intervention Services, Inc. S.I.S. provides cost-effective, professional intake, assessment, referral, and monitoring, including referral to one of 27 local counseling agencies. Participants cited with substance abuse charges attend substance abuse counseling. Participants cited for shoplifting, disorderly conduct, theft, etc. attend adult responsibility classes. Participants cited for specific animal code violations attend a humane education class.

In addition to collecting appropriate program fees and documents, S.I.S. tracks defendants’ progress in counseling, takes appropriate action with those who fail to comply with program requirements, and prepares the documentation when defendants successfully complete the diversion program. The entire cost of the program is $200.00, payable upon registration.

Program Location
103 E. Alameda, Suite 501 and 45 N. 6th Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85701

What Are The Advantages Of A Diversion Program?

Your charges will be dismissed.
You will have NO criminal conviction.
Your case will NOT go to trial.
You will NOT pay a fine.
You will be evaluated for the need and type of counseling appropriate to your offense.
You will typically complete a counseling program consisting of a one-day, 7½ hour class.
If restitution applies, you will be required to pay restitution to the victim.
You will be given a total of ONE HUNDRED (100) days to SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE the diversion program including the payment of all fees and any court ordered restitution owed to the victim.

WHAT DOES THE DIVERSION PROGRAM OFFER?

Treatment or education to deter offenders from committing further criminal acts.
Ensures that eligible offenders are held accountable for their actions by paying a fee to the program. The fee covers:
the cost of the education and treatment
the cost of prosecution
Restitution payments to the victims if this requirement is a condition of diversion
Once all fees and restitution are paid, the participant provides proof of successful completion of his/her class and receives a dismissal of the charges.

WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR DIVERSION?

A defendant who has not previously enrolled in and completed the Prosecutor’s Diversion Program of the type offered, unless authorized by a prosecutor.
The victim is not 15 years of age or younger, unless authorized by a prosecutor.
No injury other than minor injury resulted from the current charges and the charges did not involve endangering, threatening or harassing behavior.
NO weapons or dangerous instrument was involved in the current charge.
The current charge did not involve a domestic couple, relationship, hate crime, a victim who was a police officer on duty, graffiti or gang-related activity, unless authorized by a prosecutor.

WHAT CHARGES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR DIVERSION?

The Prosecutor’s Office determines eligibility on a case-by-case basis.

WHAT IS THE COST OF THE DIVERSION PROGRAM?

Intake, Evaluation, Referral and Reports to the Court: $ 50.00
Counseling /Class fees: $ 50.00
Court Fee to cover Prosecution Costs: $ 100.00

Total Cost of Diversion Program: $ 200.00

Bike Safety Diversion Program
In an effort to improve the safety of bicyclists in our community, the City Prosecutor.s Office will dismiss a cyclist.s civil traffic citation if he or she submits proof of completion of the Road 1 Safety class offered by the Pima County Bicycle and Pedestrian Program.

If you wish to take advantage of this opportunity you need to take the following steps:

Register at www.BikePed.pima.gov or call 243-BIKE
Bring proof of completion to the City Prosecutor's Office located at 103 E. Alameda, Suite 501 prior to your next scheduled court date

The class is free. Part 1 of the class lasts for 3 hours and includes a review of state and local laws and a discussion of crash types and crash avoidance techniques. Part 2 of the class is required for completion of the course and requires a bike in good ridable condition.

A cyclist who has had his or her citation dismissed through this program is not eligible for another dismissal for one year.

Mental Health Diversion Program
People suffering from serious mental illness who are cited for certain misdemeanor crimes are usually best served by receiving treatment rather than criminal penalties. Jail or fines have little effect when an individual's behavior is uncontrollable due to mental illness.

The Mental Health Diversion Progam (MHDP) was implemented to enable menta lly ill offenders charged with a misdemeanor the option of participation in community-based treatment programs instead of continuing forward with a standard prosecution. The offender must meet specified criteria and be connected to an approved service provider to qualify. Candidates must agree to be monitored by the Community Partnership of Southern Arizona (CPSA), throughout th e duration of the program, which is usually 180 days.

The Mental Health Diversion Program is a cooperative effort between the Tucson City Court, the Criminal Division of the City Attorney's Office, and the CPSA and its network of At-Risk Prov iders.

http://www.tucsonaz.gov/prosecutor/Diversion/diversion.html

This is a common situation. Bipolar patients like the "up" of their mania and they don't like to take meds that affect the mania side of their illness.

TY Pens - this is very true.

In a bi-polar patient, the manic phase is often reported as an experience of "joy". In a bi-polar patient who has suffered life-threatening depression, the transient sensation of "joy" is welcomed as a life-saving emotion.

To some patients, there is relief in medication. To others, they feel as if their emotions have been stolen from them by their medication, and they yearn for the perceived "bliss" they once felt without meds, and they are willing to endure the dark night of depression in order to once again experience the ecstasy that follows, especially if they feel that their creativity, or purpose in life, is hampered by medication.

the photos that we see of rebecca nude and tied have been intentionally unsharpened or decreased resolution. I'm sure the original photo or still from the camera is at least in high definition or higher resolution enabling news reporters to zoom in on the type of rope material used so unless there is irresponsible reporting, I'lll go by the orange electrical cord for now.

if this was a homicide, there was little planning time available - only 2 days isnt it ? so there is a bigger chance that the culprits messed-up and left behind some glaring evidence. the weirdness of the scene is a possible indication of a screw-up(as well as pent-up anger) on the part of the culprits who were driven by rage and fury instead of the cold logic(aka silence of the lambs)......again, who knows....

LE should investigate the neighbors as well including those teenagers who were reportedly taking photos of Rebecca lying on the ground.

lastly, the fact that LE is tight-lipped might be an indication they know something "big" but they are trying to gather or corroborate as much evidence as they can so the defense lawyers later on cannot accuse the prosecution of pre-judging the case. Of course, it could also mean that they just do not have any clue at all...

In this photo the rope is not blured out, and it is, as far as I know the best avaible photo. The rope do seem to be orange or somthing like that.

Concerning suspects outside DS, JS and AS, I STILL belive that Neil Nalepa make a possible suspect.
Beside him (and the 3 "S"s) I have been thinking that somone in the area could have had developed som kind of sick obsession about RN, and when they found out that RN was alone at home due to that JS was at the hospital 24/7 with his seriously ill son, this person thought they could sneek into the house in the early morning houers and do whatever it was he had fantasised about.

RNonthelawnsharpversion.jpg

No one in RNs family, co-workers, church members etc. have said anything at all about any mental health issues.

Right, and I belive the most likely motive RN had for the shoplifting was that she did it in the very start of her relationship with JS, proably even right before their first date, that she stole those expensive jewlery because she wanted to impress the multimillionaire JS and didn't own,, or could afford, anything fancy. Just my 2 c of course.

it could also be a friend who did it, or a beau's daughter, or carrying it from one department to another in a shopping bag since Macy's doesn't have carts ...could be a lot of things!

Or she could have been out shopping with her x, Neil Nalepa?
Does anyone know what year RN and NN separated?
Was there a period were RN dated JS but to some extend still had some kind of relationship with her x-husband NN?
After all RN and NN STILL had contact in the week up to her death!!!
My gut feeling keep repeating that NN name over and over.....

Do women usually leave a suicide note ?
Women are more verbal than men so I wonder which is more likely to leave a note .
Going to go check
I haven't heard anything at all of a note .

recent study reveals that men are more prone to writing suicide notes than women. They do to such an extent that they even tend to leave behind loads of instructions as to how to manage the family, finances, etc. The study also pointed out that those who died or rather killed themselves during the weekends were more likely to leave behind suicide notes for their family and loved ones.

As the study was conducted in India

Hmmm I was suprised by this .

Thank you for the first post that made me think it could be suicide. Indeed, bipolar people do have an unusually high suicide rate. Great post.

I think it's disrespectful and disparaging to assume RN was bi-polar. Based upon what her family said she was mentally stable. However, it appears there was a long documented history of rage issues for both DS & JS. I seems there is an assumption that because RN was living w/ a millionaire JS was benevolent toward RN. Perhaps, she wasn't compensated & didn't have access to his money. RN was scheduled to meet with her ex husband the week following her death regarding the establishment of some sort of joint credit/bank card. If JS were generous why bother with what would most likely be a nominal joint card? RN lived @ JS's home and cared for his children when they were visiting. It would have been expensive to have a live in care taker. I imagine it would have been particularly difficult to arrange care considering his children may not have given much notice before visiting. How convenient that RN was always available to care for JS's children @ a moment's notice. Most working parents would consider free full time daycare more than just a luxury, if in fact RN provided this service as a courtesy to JS. An aside, DS specialized in children w/ADHD. I speculate if MS had ADHD then RN would be incredibly busy keeping track of MS. Lastly, I believe RN was sadistically killed because of the incident with Max and that whomever was responsible tried to recreate Max's death as closely as possible (i.e.) RN was thrown off a balcony & I'm assuming ended up with a broken neck & I'm still curious to learn whose bedroom the balcony was off.

Well, do I learn something new everyday! I was creeping my Daughters FB, she went around the city yesterday with a friend and I found this posted to her FB, today...a photo of HER friend, with the quote: "PLANKING"! My daughter is 18 :waitasec:...I am so surprised this is as common as it appears to me. My older Son joked, "Shopping at the Salvation Army, Sis? Hope you haggled a deal"...lol.

Now, I gotta say, when all this talk of 'planking' on the balcony or staircase came up, I thought, no way, my apologies to those who saw it ......well, now I see it's so prevalent: it's reached the tundra of Northern Ontario! ;)

I STILL don't see what they get out of it...but...it is what is it.

Now, I backtrack 4 pages and catch up. ;)

Attachments

• 185445_10150741074965702_574385701_20200109_2787227_n.jpg
    185445_10150741074965702_574385701_20200109_2787227_n.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 30
Sorry, leaving on vacation today, so doing a multi quote here. There are a lot of issues within this quote, so I apologize andd will address them as well as possible.

I agree with jjenny...not hogtied when she was found by police...but maybe hogtied when she was "suspended", before she was 'cut down'? Another scenario/possible theory...;)

In the presser police said she was "suspended" and that there was a rope around her neck, iirc.

I have addressed this before, but this wording really says a lot to me. Suspended, with a rope 'around her neck'. Not hung by her neck. Also the blue object (scarf around her neck) makes me take pause. Was she actually hung, or made to look like that was how she died? And, remember, she was already cut down. Was she hung to death?

Thanks Bonepile!

I had earlier noticed that the first Z family public commentary included the following generous statement:

Subsequent to that I noticed the statement had been interestingly [BBM] augmented and read as follows:

Bingo, as well as this change:

People including media want to know who Rebecca Zahau was. This has been difficult to answer within the immediacy of her death. It would be hard to describe the emotions that our family has dealt with, the last eleven days.

Strange choice of words ... but also, I would not have said that part about condolescences "expressed through their investor relations team" :innocent:

Spoken as a tried and true, 100% business man, with an agenda, or two.

ditto as I listened again... words are carefully chosen and I think interesting he said something to the effect of "Adam informed he cut her down", she was hanging from the neck, Adam said, what we were told. He uses both terms, hanging and suspending, I believe.

Also, I think twice he said she appeared deceased upon arrival.

They ask a lot about it being an isolated incident and while he doesn't give specifics, he seems pretty adamant. I believe the radaronline part about saying it wasn't a suicide so we have an isolated incident that wasn't a suicide.

Implicates someone close to her.

Great post, needed to be forwarded!

There is just a "little" problem with that logic. Just because people with bipolar might exhibit impulsive behavior such as shoplifting, does not mean that those who shoplifted are bipolar. And no one has suggested RN was bipolar.

Thank you for the voice of reason. Be-Polar DISEASE, usually manifests in late teens, early adulthood. It would have been difficult for Rebecca to have kept it 'hidden' from family, friends, the church (where she was a youth group leader) etc. I am not saying that she did not have a problem, but I would fnd it VERY unikely.

No, not all shoplifters have bipolar disorder. Ask yourself why an employed woman (who may have been dating an multi-millionaire) was participating in such risky behavior. Something is "not right" with that situation.

Key to this discussion. They were not co habitating at this time, they were dating. If Rebecca wanted to 'dress to impress' she may have done something she later regretted. I think the fact that she could do the program to have it off her record says a lot more. She also didn't have a long history of charges that were found. If there was any mental health problems, I would guess PTSD, which is VERY different than bi-polar. Great post and I thank you Pensfar.

Of the small group of JS, DS and AS there are only two that could have reached the point of a rage that knows no return and it isn't AS. AS lived far away from JS's kids and from all reports the brother's weren't close so how close could AS have been to Maxie?

Why would AS (or anyone) fly into town to a day before to murder someone in such a a violent manner when they had little to do with that person (the person being RN).

Seems like too brutal a murder to have been AS who from what we can tell had little to nothing to do with her and if in fact AS was not that close with his brother as has been reported why take such a drastic measure for his brother's sake (i.e feeling his brother's pain so acutely he has to murder the person he feels may be responsible for his nephew's death/which was an accident). AS as the murderer just doesn't make sense. Fly in, no one will notice and take out the girlfriend who we all blame for Maxie's death? Doesn't make sense to me at all.

This murder was (and this is just my theory) exactly what we see, sloppy, a violent murder by someone totally out of control. And if there were ever a time to go out of control even irrationally it would be at the death of your child. Clearly, that doesn't mean killing people but if you are out of control and have a vicious temper...and here we are.

Not to totally blame JS (I think it was him I think it was him) but IIRC he let his ex-wife DS be attacked by dogs because of custody/divorce issues...that is very brutal in my opinion. So, the torturing RN and killing her for the misplaced blame of the death of his son seems right on par for his type of personality disorder.

My .2 of course.

What if the reason AS showed up in Coronado, was because he was summoned, by either AS or DS? Or both. I wont expend on this any firther at this time, but I wish Inobu was here to 'throw' ideas off of!! Where are you by the way??

I will be gone for about 11 days, and am not sure after later this morning, when I can check back. If someone would be kind enough to pm me when news breaks I would be very grateful!! That way, if I only have a couple of minutes, I will be able to find out what happened. TIA!!!!

In this photo the rope is not blured out, and it is, as far as I know the best avaible photo. The rope do seem to be orange or somthing like that.

Concerning suspects outside DS, JS and AS, I STILL belive that Neil Nalepa make a possible suspect.
Beside him (and the 3 "S"s) I have been thinking that somone in the area could have had developed som kind of sick obsession about RN, and when they found out that RN was alone at home due to that JS was at the hospital 24/7 with his seriously ill son, this person thought they could sneek into the house in the early morning houers and do whatever it was he had fantasised about.

RNonthelawnsharpversion.jpg

Thanks for posting the clearer photo, Theforeigner!

I zoomed in as much as possible and the orange bindings material appears to be very thick (constant with contractor extension cord) and could have a plug or something at one end (consistent with an extension cord). I'm still just stumped as to why LE chose not to disclose the bindings material. There has got to be some good reason. ??

Regarding NN, I'm curious, could you explain what leads you to look in his direction as a possible suspect? Is your opinion based on disclosed facts of the case or a hunch? TIA

ETA: Has anyone been able to figure out what the white object is at the base of the three legged table?

Is it one of those doggie poop bag holders that attaches to a dog lead?

The white object looks like a bottle? Or maybe a toy car?

Right, and I belive the most likely motive RN had for the shoplifting was that she did it in the very start of her relationship with JS, proably even right before their first date, that she stole those expensive jewlery because she wanted to impress the multimillionaire JS and didn't own,, or could afford, anything fancy. Just my 2 c of course.

We also don't know if the millionaire is free with his money. For instance, he lives in a mansion, while his brother lives in a small apartment. Even if she were dating millionaire at the time, doesn't mean millionaire was showering her with gifts. Really, some people are rich but don't like to spend. Or they might have no problems spending a lot on some things, but when it comes to others they count every penny.

Well, you can't buy much of anything in good jewelry for only $1,000. Just sayin'

Well, you can't buy much of anything in good jewelry for only $1,000. Just sayin'

You can buy plenty if all you want is look good. Of course it's not going to be diamonds.

Could the white object at the base of the table be a dog training dummy?

21IqxJEAsXL._SS500_.jpg

Of the small group of JS, DS and AS there are only two that could have reached the point of a rage that knows no return and it isn't AS. AS lived far away from JS's kids and from all reports the brother's weren't close so how close could AS have been to Maxie?

Why would AS (or anyone) fly into town to a day before to murder someone in such a a violent manner when they had little to do with that person (the person being RN).

Seems like too brutal a murder to have been AS who from what we can tell had little to nothing to do with her and if in fact AS was not that close with his brother as has been reported why take such a drastic measure for his brother's sake (i.e feeling his brother's pain so acutely he has to murder the person he feels may be responsible for his nephew's death/which was an accident). AS as the murderer just doesn't make sense. Fly in, no one will notice and take out the girlfriend who we all blame for Maxie's death? Doesn't make sense to me at all.

This murder was (and this is just my theory) exactly what we see, sloppy, a violent murder by someone totally out of control. And if there were ever a time to go out of control even irrationally it would be at the death of your child. Clearly, that doesn't mean killing people but if you are out of control and have a vicious temper...and here we are.

Not to totally blame JS (I think it was him I think it was him) but IIRC he let his ex-wife DS be attacked by dogs because of custody/divorce issues...that is very brutal in my opinion. So, the torturing RN and killing her for the misplaced blame of the death of his son seems right on par for his type of personality disorder.

My .2 of course.

BBM

I do not look at it this way. First both Dina and Jonah seem to be two peas in a pod when showing anger and physical violence in their tumultuous divorce,imo.

Usually a dog is more bonded to one person in the home even if they love the others. If the dog was bonded to Jonah he would try to protect Jonah if he sensed Jonah was being threatened. Dogs react to unrest in their homes.

For instance when Dina said she shoved Jonah and "accidentally" grabbed him around the throat.:innocent: (which I don't believe was done accidentally at all). If the dog was in the room he would become agitated and aggressive feeling his owner was being threatened.

Dogs can react before the owner has the ability to contain them and in some instances trying to restrain them can make them even more aggressive.

Not saying that JS didn't harm Rebecca but I find Dina equally volatile and capable.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members