Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In this photo the rope is not blured out, and it is, as far as I know the best avaible photo. The rope do seem to be orange or something like that.

Concerning suspects outside DS, JS and AS, I STILL believe that Neil Nalepa make a possible suspect.
Beside him (and the 3 "S"s) I have been thinking that someone in the area could have had developed som kind of sick obsession about RN, and when they found out that RN was alone at home due to that JS was at the hospital 24/7 with his seriously ill son, this person thought they could sneek into the house in the early morning houers and do whatever it was he had fantasised about.

RNonthelawnsharpversion.jpg

Thanks.

The problem I have with thinking it is an orange extension cord is as it lays on the lawn there seems to be some very hard sharp right and left angles where the cord comes to a hard point in areas. An extension cord due to its thickness and outter rubber covering has more curving lines like a snake stretched out.

The extension cord would be able to make these hard angles if there are breaks in the outside rubber covering but I just don't see that in the picture. So I am not sure it is an extension cord or some other type of rope.

IMO

Thanks.

The problem I have with thinking it is an orange extension cord is as it lays on the lawn there seems to be some very hard sharp right and left angles where the cord comes to a hard point in areas. An extension cord due to its thickness and outter rubber covering has more curving lines like a snake stretched out.

The extension cord would be able to make these hard angles if there are breaks in the outside rubber covering but I just don't see that in the picture. So I am not sure it is an extension cord or some other type of rope.

IMO

I agree, ocean!

I'm leaning more in the direction that the bindings material is a dog check lead as gxm cleverly suggested, along with the white object being a doggie training dummy.

The dog check lead would be readily accessible in a house where the dog was reportedly walked 3 times a day.

Also, the check lead would be knot-able, whereas the contractor extension cord would not.

The check lead along with the training dummy could have been stored near a door for easy access.

I think it's disrespectful and disparaging to assume RN was bi-polar. Based upon what her family said she was mentally stable. However, it appears there was a long documented history of rage issues for both DS & JS. I seems there is an assumption that because RN was living w/ a millionaire JS was benevolent toward RN. Perhaps, she wasn't compensated & didn't have access to his money. RN was scheduled to meet with her ex husband the week following her death regarding the establishment of some sort of joint credit/bank card. If JS were generous why bother with what would most likely be a nominal joint card? RN lived @ JS's home and cared for his children when they were visiting. It would have been expensive to have a live in care taker. I imagine it would have been particularly difficult to arrange care considering his children may not have given much notice before visiting. How convenient that RN was always available to care for JS's children @ a moment's notice. Most working parents would consider free full time daycare more than just a luxury, if in fact RN provided this service as a courtesy to JS. An aside, DS specialized in children w/ADHD. I speculate if MS had ADHD then RN would be incredibly busy keeping track of MS. Lastly, I believe RN was sadistically killed because of the incident with Max and that whomever was responsible tried to recreate Max's death as closely as possible (i.e.) RN was thrown off a balcony & I'm assuming ended up with a broken neck & I'm still curious to learn whose bedroom the balcony was off.

I must say dasqm, for your first post you really summed it up very well. Couldn't agree with you more. Welcome :rollercoaster: :rollercoaster:

I think it's disrespectful and disparaging to assume RN was bi-polar. Based upon what her family said she was mentally stable. However, it appears there was a long documented history of rage issues for both DS & JS. I seems there is an assumption that because RN was living w/ a millionaire JS was benevolent toward RN. Perhaps, she wasn't compensated & didn't have access to his money. RN was scheduled to meet with her ex husband the week following her death regarding the establishment of some sort of joint credit/bank card. If JS were generous why bother with what would most likely be a nominal joint card? RN lived @ JS's home and cared for his children when they were visiting. It would have been expensive to have a live in care taker. I imagine it would have been particularly difficult to arrange care considering his children may not have given much notice before visiting. How convenient that RN was always available to care for JS's children @ a moment's notice. Most working parents would consider free full time daycare more than just a luxury, if in fact RN provided this service as a courtesy to JS. An aside, DS specialized in children w/ADHD. I speculate if MS had ADHD then RN would be incredibly busy keeping track of MS. Lastly, I believe RN was sadistically killed because of the incident with Max and that whomever was responsible tried to recreate Max's death as closely as possible (i.e.) RN was thrown off a balcony & I'm assuming ended up with a broken neck & I'm still curious to learn whose bedroom the balcony was off.

Very good post. I do not believe RN had access to much if any of Jonah's money. It would be atypical if she did. And, she had her own career until recently (last December?). She may have enjoyed some of the benefits, but in reality that is a mixed bag - he also undoubtedly had a lot of benefits from the relationship as you outline. And, unfortunately, it is not uncommon for one's time, caring, planning, and so forth to not be as valued as cold hard cash or an esteemed position.

I said this before, I do not think RN's shoplifting incident even compares to the chaos and seemingly mutual abuse between Jonah and Dina. Not sure it was either one of them, but now we know she did not commit suicide and the investigators think it was an isolated incident. And, Jonah first marriage wasn't all that pretty either except we do not seem to be privy to as much.

Thanks.

IMO

It looks thicker than I thought in that pic and you are probably right, it doesn't lay like an extension cord.... I'm thinking that is the 'rope' LE said was there and that the bindings could be something altogether different. a lot of things could legitimately be described as rope or cord by LE.

Makes one think the nature of the bindings is more curious evidence related to who could have been involved.

There does appear to be rope just above RN's head. When I zoomed in on the last picture (a few posts above this one), there seemed to be a question mark-shaped rope or cord of some kind lying in the grass. And it seemed to 'disappear' into the blue scarf-like item.

BBM

I do not look at it this way. First both Dina and Jonah seem to be two peas in a pod when showing anger and physical violence in their tumultuous divorce,imo.

Usually a dog is more bonded to one person in the home even if they love the others. If the dog was bonded to Jonah he would try to protect Jonah if he sensed Jonah was being threatened. Dogs react to unrest in their homes.

For instance when Dina said she shoved Jonah and "accidentally" grabbed him around the throat.:innocent: (which I don't believe was done accidentally at all). If the dog was in the room he would become agitated and aggressive feeling his owner was being threatened.

Dogs can react before the owner has the ability to contain them and in some instances trying to restrain them can make them even more aggressive.

Not saying that JS didn't harm Rebecca but I find Dina equally volatile and capable.

IMO

This could be important ... I have to come to the same conclusion based on the police reports. Earlier, I said how this is indicative of a dysfunctional relationship and I sincerely doubt that dysfunctionality ended when they divorced. It's a relationship of extremes, opposites. To me, it could be really unhealthy to not have appropriate distances, individuation, and boundaries once divorced. People see it different, I know, but the press releases and lack thereof, scream self preservation and bonding to protect one another, not grieving for two loved ones or looking for answers. No, they want the past to just go away by claiming it was a 'rough spot'. Not. Dinah and Jonah would have been better off not to make any statement unless they were going to say they were ashamed of their past. These two could just be too embedded and intertwined with each other. I still say Jonah seemed more concerned about Dina's feelings or gaining her cooperation than respecting the woman he shared a life with. That doesn't sit well with me.

Very good post. I do not believe RN had access to much if any of Jonah's money. It would be atypical if she did. And, she had her own career until recently (last December?). She may have enjoyed some of the benefits, but in reality that is a mixed bag - he also undoubtedly had a lot of benefits from the relationship as you outline. And, unfortunately, it is not uncommon for one's time, caring, planning, and so forth to not be as valued as cold hard cash or an esteemed position.

I said this before, I do not think RN's shoplifting incident even compares to the chaos and seemingly mutual abuse between Jonah and Dina. Not sure it was either one of them, but now we know she did not commit suicide and the investigators think it was an isolated incident. And, Jonah first marriage wasn't all that pretty either except we do not seem to be privy to as much.

BBM

Did I miss something? Did LE say she did not commit suicide?

Link, please.

TIA

Thanks.

IMO
orangecord.jpg

I think it would depend on the extension cord, what diameter it is and what it is clad in, in the close up picture the angle of the cord doesn't seem as sharp, it seems like it is a stiffer cord imo

I think DS murdered Rebecca in a fit of rage. I don't think JS or AS were involved.

Oh does anyone know where DS got her degree for Psychology from?

Well, do I learn something new everyday! I was creeping my Daughters FB, she went around the city yesterday with a friend and I found this posted to her FB, today...a photo of HER friend, with the quote: "PLANKING"! My daughter is 18 :waitasec:...I am so surprised this is as common as it appears to me. My older Son joked, "Shopping at the Salvation Army, Sis? Hope you haggled a deal"...lol.

Now, I gotta say, when all this talk of 'planking' on the balcony or staircase came up, I thought, no way, my apologies to those who saw it ......well, now I see it's so prevalent: it's reached the tundra of Northern Ontario! ;)

I STILL don't see what they get out of it...but...it is what is it.

Now, I backtrack 4 pages and catch up. ;)

Hope you had a serious talk with your kids :seeya:

I think DS murdered Rebecca in a fit of rage. I don't think JS or AS were involved.

http://www.melmedcenter.com/drshacknai

Dina Shacknai, PsyD
Dr. Dina Shacknai, is a graduate of Argosy University where she earned a Doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology. She has specialized training working with children and their families and has worked at the Melmed Center conducting evaluations, providing treatment for children and adolescents, writing curricula, and facilitating social skills groups for children with developmental disabilities.

Dr. Shacknai has a particular interest in the relationship between ADHD symptoms and temperament traits and is completing her doctoral dissertation on the topic, while collaborating with a psychologist in the community to develop a temperament questionnaire for use with an adolescent population.

BBM

Did I miss something? Did LE say she did not commit suicide?

Link, please.

TIA

Honestly, it needs to be confirmed. Radaronline reported an insider said LE does not think it is a suicide. I should have said that. I tend to believe that part of their reporting is accurate. They claimed also that the hands and feet were bound together - that I'm not sure of.

I don't think LE ever thought it was a suicide but they couldn't say it was impossible. Better if they had just said we haven't ruled out anything except it is a violent, suspicious and undetermined death as that suicide v. homicide meme started spreading like wildfire?

Argosy University - it's mostly an online University (probably with a lot of small satellites). I'm surprised she didn't just go to a more prestigious campus since she had the money to do that.

We also don't know if the millionaire is free with his money. For instance, he lives in a mansion, while his brother lives in a small apartment. Even if she were dating millionaire at the time, doesn't mean millionaire was showering her with gifts. Really, some people are rich but don't like to spend. Or they might have no problems spending a lot on some things, but when it comes to others they count every penny.

jjenny, I 100% agree. My Dad has been remarried for almost 8 years to wife #2 and the wife has no credit cards, no access to his credit cards, no check book and no access to his checkbook, and no money saved in a hidden bank account. She does not have access to a single dime of his money and they are married and have been married for quite some time. What she does have is a debit card from a separate bank account that my Father puts money into for her, his secretary and his butler to SHARE on the 1st of every month and she has to bring him every single receipt for gas and groceries, those are the only two things she is allowed to buy without his permission. She cannot buy a sweater without his permission. On the other hand he bought his cleaning lady's son a car because the boy got straight A's all thru high school...go figure?!

About RN's shoplifting, even if she were dating JS at that time, it was 2009 and they were newly dating and she would have not had an idea about how serious or not her new relationship would be; (IIRC he may have still been legally married at the time as well). So in 2009 they were not living together yet (one would assume) so she wouldn't have access to his money if they were newly dating and as my hx can show she might never have access to his money if they did get married one day. Some people steal for the thrill of it, some people steal bc they cannot afford something. Maybe she wanted what she took and was maxed out of credit cards or paying other bills and just took what she wanted? Sometimes things are simple like that, or maybe not?

orangecord.jpg

I think it would depend on the extension cord, what diameter it is and what it is clad in, in the close up picture the angle of the cord doesn't seem as sharp, it seems like it is a stiffer cord imo

I know it is all to do with one's own perceptions but the rope seems to be very floppy to me.

Even the smallest mil extension cord still isn't all that flexible to make such angles as seen, imo.

IMO

I'm guessing she was on JS payroll when she quit her job to become his live-in.
IMO

Argosy University - it's mostly an online University (probably with a lot of small satellites). I'm surprised she didn't just go to a more prestigious campus since she had the money to do that.

I was asking because it sounds like she has a few marbles loose when reading about her relationship with JS. Being a psycologist, I am surprised she behaved in that manner.

jjenny, I 100% agree. My Dad has been remarried for almost 8 years to wife #2 and the wife has no credit cards, no access to his credit cards, no check book and no access to his checkbook, and no money saved in a hidden bank account. She does not have access to a single dime of his money and they are married and have been married for quite some time. What she does have is a debit card from a separate bank account that my Father puts money into for her, his secretary and his butler to SHARE on the 1st of every month and she has to bring him every single receipt for gas and groceries, those are the only two things she is allowed to buy without his permission. She cannot buy a sweater without his permission. On the other hand he bought his cleaning lady's son a car because the boy got straight A's all thru high school...go figure?!

About RN's shoplifting, even if she were dating JS at that time, it was 2009 and they were newly dating and she would have not had an idea about how serious or not her new relationship would be; (IIRC he may have still been legally married at the time as well). So in 2009 they were not living together yet (one would assume) so she wouldn't have access to his money if they were newly dating and as my hx can show she might never have access to his money if they did get married one day. Some people steal for the thrill of it, some people steal bc they cannot afford something. Maybe she wanted what she took and was maxed out of credit cards or paying other bills and just took what she wanted? Sometimes things are simple like that, or maybe not?

I sure wouldn't like to have that kind of marital relationship and my husband and I don't even though both of us were married once before and both brought assets into our marriage. I believe when someone becomes married everything they have should be shared equally as one unit. I don't believe in one account for one and other accounts for the other one. That is not what a marriage is truly supposed to be about, IMOO. Who would marry someone they didn't trust explicitly anyway?

That seems to be more like an arrangement rather than a marriage.

Just my beliefs only though.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members