Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have posted this before but it's worth repeating for discussion.

maybe she wasn't "hogtied" in the traditional sense, but this is what i'm picturing in terms of the binding. one electrical cord, one end wrapped (or tied in some fashion) 5-6 times around the hands, loose wire in between, then wrapped (or tied in some fashion) 5-6 times around the feet. so not as little rope as traditional hogtying would be. not technically "hogtied"

After receiving his undergraduate degree from Amherst College and his M.D. from the University of Southern California, School of Medicine, Dr. Drew continued with USC for his residency. He then became chief resident at Huntington Hospital in Pasadena. Dr. Drew’s professional activities in the medical field are numerous. His membership and activities in professional societies include the American College of Physicians, the American Medical Association, the American Society of Addiction Medicine, the California Medical Association and the American Society of Internal Medicine.
http://www.drdrew.com/about.htm

An M.D. not a D.O.
just to clarify...

After receiving his undergraduate degree from Amherst College and his M.D. from the University of Southern California, School of Medicine, Dr. Drew continued with USC for his residency. He then became chief resident at Huntington Hospital in Pasadena. Dr. Drew’s professional activities in the medical field are numerous. His membership and activities in professional societies include the American College of Physicians, the American Medical Association, the American Society of Addiction Medicine, the California Medical Association and the American Society of Internal Medicine.
http://www.drdrew.com/about.htm

An M.D. not a D.O.
just to clarify...
-He served his residency in internal medicine at USC County Hospital.

-Board Certified, American Board of Internal Medicine
Drew Pinsky - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(An internist is not the same as an intern.)

Just adding more info...

ttp://www.argosy.edu/colleges/ProgramDetail.aspx?ID=971&section=admissions-requirements

This program costs ~$110,000.

Coincidentally, I drove past a small Argosy University "campus" this evening in Alameda, CA. Looked like neon signage on the building front. Wasn't impressed. It may not be a diploma mill, but it's a little iffy in appearance.

I still wonder if he fell off the top bannister (2nd level of stairs) and his head struck the chandelier. I say this becaue of the chandelier comments originally made by DS' mother and also because of the video footage of the detectives inside the mansion looking up at the chandelier.

MOO

His injury just doesn't strike me as simply a head trauma. When they found him, he wasn't breathing. I am guessing when he fell he broke his neck. It might have not even been a great distance but if he landed on his head and broke his neck it could be fatal.

Bold blue by me.

Yep. That's pretty darn suspicious. If she was hogtied then there's no way she hung herself. And IIRC at least one member speculated that her hands and feet had been tied together due to the angle of her legs which where bent at the knees.

I have read every post about this case but only posted a handful of times. Kind of early on, I posted that it looked to me as if Rebecca had been hogtied at some point. I stated that would have been the reason it appeared she was in RM because her legs were bent, but not together.

For quite some time, I have been trying to figure out a way to state a particular thing. In another post I had said that the scarf-like material that was around Rebecca's neck was tied over her hair. I think she hung in a somewhat upside position. The delicate thing I want to mention is that Rebecca's breasts seems to be fixed in a higher position than they would normally be. Would the breasts be in s higher, fixed position if she had hung upside down? It also looks as if her hip is broken or popped out of the socket. Someone had posted that Rebecca walked with a little limp at times. Does anyone remember why?

I have believed this was a murder from the very beginning. I expect the ME to rule that he/she is unable to find if this was a suicide or homicide. (manner of death). I am very afraid of that. I know LE is expecting the rest of the tox tests back in a couple of weeks, but why would that determine whether or not this was a murder? LE already knows exactly what they will be announcing, IMO. OTC, street drugs, and even alcohol are easily and quickly determined. It certainly doesn't take this long. IMO, LE is wanting to be able to say that they have investigated every avenue.

Regardless of what the announcement is in a couple of weeks, I will still believe this was a murder. Maybe they just really cannot determine suicide or murder because of the bizarre circumstance of the death.

While I did not know Rebecca, I refuse to believe she would dishonor her entire family by committing suicide nude and in this bizarre way. May GB her family and friends and help them cope.

Thanks to everyone for these very interesting posts, pictures, and articles! Now I am off to finish catching up!

:seeya:

It never does hurt to look at the neighbors, because many neighbors disputed the renovations to the historical home. However, I can't see that being a motive.

BBM:

Well, we do also have the teenage neighbor boys that actually climbed on top of their roof next door and took pix of poor Rebecca. That probably wasn't the first time they had been up on that roof either. Maybe they were on the roof playing music the night before and it was their music that was heard. Noise carries further at night. The light color roof to the right is a flat surface. Good hang out for the boys.

OTH, there is still DS, JS, AS, and NN to think about. Nothing would surprise me.

MOO

]Poor thing, I haven't even allowed my mind to go to why she might be naked like that except for the humiliation factor...the rape part would just add to something that is just beyond already awful. I really hope that didn't happen to [/B]her.

I know Matty, but my mind just went there. Believe me, I didn't want it too, it was just a feeling. A very bad and powerful feeling and I hope to God I'm wrong!

(snipped by me)

For quite some time, I have been trying to figure out a way to state a particular thing. In another post I had said that the scarf-like material that was around Rebecca's neck was tied over her hair. I think she hung in a somewhat upside position. The delicate thing I want to mention is that Rebecca's breasts seems to be fixed in a higher position than they would normally be. Would the breasts be in s higher, fixed position if she had hung upside down? It also looks as if her hip is broken or popped out of the socket. Someone had posted that Rebecca walked with a little limp at times. Does anyone know why?

This case is unusual on many levels, including the fact that we have shots of the victim to scutinze. I can't recall that happening in any other case that I have followed. RN's positioning appears very unnatural to me, especially with her arms pulled sharply back, and the angle of her right hip. I'm glad you mentioned the hip, gxm. I couldn't put my finger on it until you stated it looks odd, as if injured or out of socket.

I was asking because it sounds like she has a few marbles loose when reading about her relationship with JS. Being a psycologist, I am surprised she behaved in that manner.

BBM:

Don't be surprised, Wendy101. I have a sister-in-law that has a doctorate in psycology, a nice cushy office, and makes a fantastic amount of money. She was an RN first, then went for her masters, then the doctorate. She is also crazy as a loon, LOL, and very eccentric. Oh, my poor brother!

She would call every night after my husband passed away and want to console me along with drinking an entire bottle of wine as she talked. I finally just couldn't take it any more. I was ready to suggest she go into therapy!

My point is that you have to take each person individually. DS may have a title, but that doesn't mean she conducts herself professionally in her personal life. We already know that she has as great a propensity toward anger as JS. DS probably does everything she does with drama, so it would not surprise me as to how far her imagination might take her if you know what I mean.

I am not disparaging psycologists at all. I am just saying that maybe she has a bit of a problem that has nothing at all to do with her title or profession.

MOO

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/ks...-next-week-20110809,0,3128257.story?track=rss

Shacknai speaks; mystery answers could come next week
---snipped---

The San Diego Sheriff’s Department said Tuesday it expects to release information on the death of 32-year-old Rebecca Zahau as soon as it gets toxicology results, which could be by next Friday.
Also Tuesday, the Sheriff’s Department said it had concluded all interviews. Investigators also pieced together what happened in the mansion the night before Zahau was found dead, contradicting reports from neighbors there was a party inside the home.

The Sheriff’s Department also denied reports from an online tabloid that suicide had been ruled out in the death of Zahau. Lt. Larry Nesbitt from the homicide division called the story, “wrong”.

This is one reason I hate to even halfway believe a tabloid site. No wonder WS prefers MSM articles instead.

The problem with a tabloid site they have a bias to make it appear more sensationalistic to keep the readers hanging on.

And for all we know their inside source could be just someone that works in the offices but aren't even the lead investigators who are working on the case.

It sounds like LE has really been able to go back and find out exactly what happened.

Who knows maybe they will say the death is a homicide but it sure sounds like they certainly have not ruled out suicide at all.

IMO

This is one reason I hate to even halfway believe a tabloid site. No wonder WS prefers MSM articles instead.

The problem with a tabloid site they have a bias to make it appear more sensationalistic to keep the readers hanging on.

And for all we know their inside source could be just someone that works in the offices but aren't even the lead investigators who are working on the case.

It sounds like LE has really been able to go back and find out exactly what happened.

Who knows maybe they will say the death is a homicide but it sure sounds like they certainly have not ruled out suicide at all.

IMO

the same could be said about some/most MSM, sadly :/

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/ks...-next-week-20110809,0,3128257.story?track=rss

Investigators also pieced together what happened in the mansion the night before Zahau was found dead, contradicting reports from neighbors there was a party inside the home.

The Sheriff’s Department also denied reports from an online tabloid that suicide had been ruled out in the death of Zahau. Lt. Larry Nesbitt from the homicide division called the story, “wrong”.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...i-son-girlfriend-death-investigation-wrapping

Law enforcement sources tell RadarOnline.com: "It doesn't look like Rebecca's death was by suicide. The evidence we have gathered so far, points us in the direction of this being a very, very suspicious death."

BBM

LE has not changed their story. They have not ruled out suicide or homicide.
They do know what happened Tuesday night. So they have answers to all our questions. They want all the forensic evidence to match with what they think/know happened.

What if they are waiting on the tox reports to show that she was heavily drugged? To prove that she could not have done this herself?

I don't take their recent statement to say that homicide has been ruled out.
I don't think they want to "tip" their hand at this time. Did they say what they said because they are still keeping tabs on the perp?

I'm still going with homicide; RN died a violent death....bizarre.....LE words in the beginning....

:banghead::banghead::banghead: Hopefully, this will stop soon!!

Investigators also pieced together what happened in the mansion the night before Zahau was found dead, contradicting reports from neighbors there was a party inside the home.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...i-son-girlfriend-death-investigation-wrapping

Law enforcement sources tell RadarOnline.com: "It doesn't look like Rebecca's death was by suicide. The evidence we have gathered so far, points us in the direction of this being a very, very suspicious death."

BBM

LE has not changed their story. They have not ruled out suicide or homicide.
They do know what happened Tuesday night. So they have answers to all our questions. They want all the forensic evidence to match with what they think/know happened.

What if they are waiting on the tox reports to show that she was heavily drugged? To prove that she could not have done this herself?

I don't take their recent statement to say that homicide has been ruled out.
I don't think they want to "tip" their hand at this time. Did they say what they said because they are still keeping tabs on the perp?

I'm still going with homicide; RN died a violent death....bizarre.....LE words in the beginning....

:banghead::banghead::banghead: Hopefully, this will stop soon!!

i do agree. that news article certainly doesn't rule out homicide definitely. i think the way it was worded leads me to believe it is more likely to be ruled suicide. who knows what else LE said. can't trust little snippets of quotes after all :)

Also from your posted article regarding JS' whereabouts prior to MS' "fall":

Police said Shacknai was returning from the gym at the time.

The article again claims it was RN's sister with her at the time. Does RN even have a 13 year old sister?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyme.as1