Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that RN told LE she felt tremendous guilt. We've never been given details of Maxie's injuries or how they happened but I think LE would ask questions and determine if it was an accident or not.

Oh, gosh.....we are on thread 6

I don't want to go back and look for all the post concerning this....

But if I remember correctly, AFTER RN's demise, the investigation into Maxie's accident was opened.

I think it may have been in the press conference.........

What are the chances law enforcement is deliberately being misleading?

I think it is possible but only slightly because they would also be misleading the media. The media can't help the government mislead the public. They would then have to disclose their sources to the defense.

All jmo because I do not have links.

BBM

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: hint, Jose Baez:floorlaugh:

I have 2 more pages to read to catch up for the day but could not resist responding to this post...

(no offense, Inobu)

No offense taken .............

the point fall under Common, judicial and personal knowledge. No one can say how RN felt at that moment remorse, indifferent or anything else. Anything is only speculation.

August 18, 2011
There have been a lot of media inquiries about a briefing regarding the death
investigations in Coronado.
As we mentioned before, when we have information that we are able to share we
will do so. At this time, Sheriff’s Detectives from the Homicide Division as well as
investigators from the Coronado Police Department are still waiting on the results
of all forensic tests.
When the investigations are completed, we will schedule a media briefing. I do
not have a time frame as to when that will happen.

http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/

BBM

Doesn't say that LE will be a "source".....says will schedule a media briefing

So unless the reporter has "inside information from the SDCS".....

It could be the PR firm as a "source" spinning their story......

Until I hear it from LE, I still hold my opinion that is was a HOMICIDE

The news article I linked quotes sources "close to the investigation." I don't believe a PR firm is close to an investigation or the detectives. JMO

I think it is possible but only slightly because they would also be misleading the media. The media can't help the government mislead the public. They would have then have to disclose their sources to the defense.

All jmo because I do not have links.

I have seen LE plant information in the media before, and we know the government has done the same, lol. LE has to be careful because they dont want to burn their bridges-but as an outsider, I would have to believe there was something distinctive about the way she tied her hands and feet et al for them to make a statement of suicide. Unless they are trying to make a potential suspect comfortable.

Then again, my uncle (a well respected atty) used to say that police pursue only the most obvious. I have rarely seen that personally, but I can see how in some cases it would be true.

Sorry, but I don't have access to any evidence, I can only form my opinion based on media reports written by those who have access to the investigators.

ok, I was wanting you to elaborate on your earlier post.

It's not all that complicated, imo. She was nude and barefoot in her own house and also emotionally distraught. She couldn't sleep, gets a cord from wherever, ties it to the railing, gets on the table, ties her scarf to the cord, wraps her feet and then her hands and kicks away the table.

The news article I linked quotes sources "close to the investigation." I don't believe a PR firm is close to an investigation or the detectives. JMO
The article in fact says "Sources, who have knowledge of the investigation" not close to the investigation, imo that is a big difference.

I have seen LE plant information in the media before, and we know the government has done the same, lol. LE has to be careful because they dont want to burn their bridges-but as an outsider, I would have to believe there was something distinctive about the way she tied her hands and feet et al for them to make a statement of suicide. Unless they are trying to make a potential suspect comfortable.

Then again, my uncle (a well respected atty) used to say that police pursue only the most obvious. I have rarely seen that personally, but I can see how in some cases it would be true.

I don't know what misleading the media would accomplish for the cops in this case. What would making a suspect comfortable gain them? I think that if this was a homicide, the suspect would have at least untied her feet to make it look more like a suicide.

I do agree with your suggestion that there must be something distinctive about the way she was tied up.

The article in fact says "Sources, who have knowledge of the investigation" not close to the investigation, imo that is a big difference.

imo, one has to be close to an investigation in order to have knowledge of it as well as what detectives are thinking.

Oh, gosh.....we are on thread 6

I don't want to go back and look for all the post concerning this....

But if I remember correctly, AFTER RN's demise, the investigation into Maxie's accident was opened.

I think it may have been in the press conference.........

I think you are correct.

imo, one has to be close to an investigation in order to have knowledge of it as well as what detectives are thinking.
Not necessarily. imo This could be from anyone who is connected to the investigation ie "witnesses".

Your point has merit in either direction. Comfortable in order for the assailant to slip up or make them nervous.

Let say there is a culprit, they must be waiting for the knock on the door or every car that drives by thinking that LE is on their way.

Inobu

When could she have told LE? Unless you are suggesting LE talks with the dead?
I've seen no evidence LE was investigating Max's injuries prior to RN being found dead. It was believed Max's fall was a tragic accident. LE only decided to look into it after RN was found dead.

Maxie's injuries would have been investigated by police. The hospital has a duty to report any injuries involving a child and the cops determine whether it was an accident.

All, jmo.

Not necessarily. imo This could be from anyone who is connected to the investigation ie "witnesses".

imo, a witness is not "close to an investigation" nor do they know what detectives are concluding.

Maxie's injuries would have been investigated by police. The hospital has a duty to report any injuries involving a child and the cops determine whether it was an accident.

All, jmo.

As far as I can tell, the hospital has a duty to report injuries if they suspect abuse, not report to police every child that comes in with injuries. If hospital was reporting every injury to the police they would be contacting police all day long.

What if she left a communication of some kind which has not been released?

All, jmo.
No action was taken on MS accident until after RN's death, the second search warrant was conducted on Friday to investigate MS death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18