Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Knock off the accusations and word games please-feel free to alert a post that is offensive, do not respond and move on. Posts are being removed as quickly as they are being posted.

So pleased for all the posts of today. I wonder that we're all bracing ourselves, come Monday, for either a lack of new information or a disappointing outcome. Against all odds, here's to faith in the face of indifference.

this thread has moved so fast and i haven't really had time to catch up but is there a press conference scheduled for monday?

Mybelle, what is your opinion on what happened? honest question. You argue points made but I for one would like to know what do you think happened?

My opinion is just based on the timing and the fact that Maxie was injured while in her care. It has been said that she blamed herself but I also think his parents blamed her and that is what triggered her suicide.

Initially, LE thought it could be a homicide which is why I joined. Isn't this a crime forum?

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Coronado-Mansion-Mystery-a-Suicide-Source-128124368.html

That article you posted is dated 08/20/11 if you were to read the articles dated 07/15 or so....this is the type of comments made by LE.

"This is a very bizarre death, there's no doubt about it," San Diego Sheriff's Capt. Tim Curran told reporters regarding Zahau's death.

Even so, police cannot say if will lead to a criminal investigation.

"There are some very unique ways" people might kill themselves, Curran said. "If it was determined to be a suicide, people will do some very bizarre things."

This is just one of those types in comments the proves that the article written by Shin does not depict the true aspect of the investigation we all have been reading and watching.

Inobu

That article you posted is dated 08/20/11 if you were to read the articles dated 07/15 or so....this is the type of comments made by LE.

"This is a very bizarre death, there's no doubt about it," San Diego Sheriff's Capt. Tim Curran told reporters regarding Zahau's death.

Even so, police cannot say if will lead to a criminal investigation.

"There are some very unique ways" people might kill themselves, Curran said. "If it was determined to be a suicide, people will do some very bizarre things."

This is just one of those types in comments the proves that the article written by Shin does not depict the true aspect of the investigation we all have been reading and watching.

Inobu

Investigations do evolve over time and this one has been going on for more than a month. I have no reason not to believe the article written today that refers to sources close to the investigation saying detectives are leaning toward suicide.

My opinion is just based on the timing and the fact that Maxie was injured while in her care. It has been said that she blamed herself but I also think Jonah blamed her and that is what triggered her suicide.

BBM

please provide link; I don't recall it being reported that she blamed herself. TIA

Thank you for your opinion. I disagree. Too many things on the suicide checklist:

get rope
tie to furniture or something in bedroom
go get orange, manly electrical cords
bound hands
bound feet
get noose around neck*
get table
stand on table
oh, put on lovely blue scarf
step off table

*balance self on railing
and spin around
jump off balcony

all in the dark!!

Thank you for keeping us within TOS code. That said, I think it's in the interest of WS and all posting that, if as one participant recently posted, we can be subpoened by LE for our postings. Is this the case?

are you referring to my post because that's not exactly what I said.

<modsnip>, the young woman is dead and according to police, AS did cut down her nude body. Where she found the cord she used really is irrelevant.

JMO

Well I think anybody investigating a potential crime would be interested where the cord came from.

Thank you for keeping us within TOS code. That said, I think it's in the interest of WS and all posting that, if as one participant recently posted, we can be subpoened by LE for our postings. Is this the case?

Law Enforcement:

Members of Law Enforcement regularly read at WS. Generally they contact WS Admins when they register, but there is no requirement that they do so. Unless they ask us to, we do not publicly identify them, but all posters should be aware that public comments about illegal activity could bring them attention they may not want. WS receives subpoenas on a regular basis from various agencies. WS will comply with all valid subpoenas received.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65798"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Above are the rules about LE here on WS. Read the above link because the rule about sleuthing other members is about to be enforced very quickly.

My opinion is just based on the timing and the fact that Maxie was injured while in her care. It has been said that she blamed herself but I also think his parents blamed her and that is what triggered her suicide.

What is your theory in which RN carried out the suicide? Please state the evidence that you base the theory on.

The only thing we have are the "blurry images unless you have something else? You seem to be well versed in the law so no emotional conclusions.

If someone give me a compelling theory I have no choice but to accept. I have not see it yet to date it has been hypothetical scenarios of how she might have felt or done.

Inobu

are you referring to my post because that's not exactly what I said.

No, I answered that question. Continue on and if you are stating facts, be sure to back them up with a link. If it's your opinion only, please let the members know that. And remember that all opinions have to tie in with the case somehow or they are considered rumor and will be removed.

If you have inside information you would like to share, it must be approved beforehand. Please email wsverify@xmission.com for more information, or you can see the information at the bottom of this post: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126206"]Professional Posters & Verified Locals / Insiders *MAIN PAGE* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

[/B]

BBM

please provide link; I don't recall it being reported that she blamed herself. TIA

Thank you for your opinion. I disagree. Too many things on the suicide checklist:

get rope
tie to furniture or something in bedroom
go get orange, manly electrical cords
bound hands
bound feet
get noose around neck*
get table
stand on table
oh, put on lovely blue scarf
step off table

*balance self on railing
and spin around
jump off balcony

all in the dark!!

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Coronado-Mansion-Mystery-a-Suicide-Source-128124368.html

What is your theory in which RN carried out the suicide? Please state the evidence that you base the theory on.

The only thing we have are the "blurry images unless you have something else? You seem to be well versed in the law so no emotional conclusions.

If someone give me a compelling theory I have no choice but to accept. I have not see it yet to date it has been hypothetical scenarios of how she might have felt or done.

Inobu

Sorry, but I don't have access to any evidence, I can only form my opinion based on media reports written by those who have access to the investigators.

I am really curious as to who would tell LE RN felt tremendous guilt. I doubt it was her family since the sister just talked to her and believed RN was "fine."
Really, the only ones who would know how she felt are "witnesses" in this case and it would behoove them to push that fact to LE :rolleyes:imo

What are the chances law enforcement is deliberately being misleading?

I am really curious as to who would tell LE RN felt tremendous guilt. I doubt it was her family since the sister just talked to her and believed RN was "fine."

My guess is that RN told LE she felt tremendous guilt. We've never been given details of Maxie's injuries or how they happened but I think LE would ask questions and determine if it was an accident or not.

August 18, 2011
There have been a lot of media inquiries about a briefing regarding the death
investigations in Coronado.
As we mentioned before, when we have information that we are able to share we
will do so. At this time, Sheriff’s Detectives from the Homicide Division as well as
investigators from the Coronado Police Department are still waiting on the results
of all forensic tests.
When the investigations are completed, we will schedule a media briefing. I do
not have a time frame as to when that will happen.

http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/

BBM

Doesn't say that LE will be a "source".....says will schedule a media briefing

So unless the reporter has "inside information from the SDCS".....

It could be the PR firm as a "source" spinning their story......

Until I hear it from LE, I still hold my opinion that is was a HOMICIDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member