Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered something similar. I guess there is a whole range of possible drug questions given possible availablity.

Yes, and I suppose the toxicology report will be telling in this regard.

As far as the allergy, if it were a natural substance, i.e. peanuts, found in her system, it may not trigger a suspiscion unless the allergy was known. We have some friends whose little girl is so allergic to two different kinds of nuts that she can not even eat a food that has been next to the nut she is allergic to, or touch it and pick up something else to eat afterwards, without a serious allergic reaction. Her throat swells closed and she begins gasping for breath and gagging/vomiting.

I have long hair ... the first thing I thought of when that was pointed out in the picture is that if I were going to hang myself or tie anything around my neck, I would never tie it over my hair. It just becomes force of habit to keep your hair from being pulled for one.

snipped and bolded by me.

Yes, I am the same way. No way would I put anything around my neck over my hair. It would be an automatic reflex to pull my hair over the noose, cord, scarf. Someone unfamiliar with wearing or ever having long hair would not necessarily ever think of that....things that make you go hmmmm.

:waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:

:waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:

If this was a suicide, wouldn't the evidence be found early on---the autopsy report???????

I remember someone mentioning some homicides are ruled a suicide early on but with this case, the autopsy was completed and sealed on Thursday BUT LE went back to the house on Friday with another Search Warrant to gather more evidence......why would that be needed if RN commited suicide - something in the autopsy report or during LE interviews with "the witnesses", they have something that made them question suicide.

It has been 5 weeks today since RN was found.......

I know that WS is a victim friendly site and I love that. LE is the one that told everyone that this was an isolated case and no need to be in fear - I know that is not a direct quote but pretty much what they said. LE is the one that said they were investigating whether RN commited suicide or was murdered.

If the community has no reason to fear a murderer on the loose...than if RN was murdered it had to be by someone close to her......which only leave the individuals we have spoken about here.

And if it was not one of the individuals discussed on this forum, then it was a random event and hence the public is NOT SAFE.

snipped by justice.

I understand what you are saying, Coastal, but I find the coincidence of Max's accident and then an unknown assailant murdering Rebecca hard to swallow within a day and a half's time. That would be the worst kind of luck in the world IMO.

I agree with justice be served -- that would be like a truly morbid coincidence. I am not swayed in that direction -- call it intuition if you will.

Thank you ... actually I thought it was a fairly reassuring statement they will do right by Rebecca. Let's hope so. I've attached it to make it easier to access.

When I read in the attachment the phrase "rush to judgment ". (2nd paragraph 2nd sentence) I immediately remembered the book about the John F. Kennedy assassination suggesting a possible conspiracy theory.

From Wiki....Rush to Judgment (1966) is a book by American lawyer Mark Lane. It is about the assassination of U.S. President John F. Kennedy and takes issue with the conclusions of the Warren Commission, suggesting there was a conspiracy to assassinate John F. Kennedy.

I just thought that was an interesting term to use in LE updated statement. :confused:

When I read in the attachment the phrase "rush to judgment ". (2nd paragraph 2nd sentence) I immediately remembered the book about the John F. Kennedy assassination suggesting a possible conspiracy theory.

From Wiki....Rush to Judgment (1966) is a book by American lawyer Mark Lane. It is about the assassination of U.S. President John F. Kennedy and takes issue with the conclusions of the Warren Commission, suggesting there was a conspiracy to assassinate John F. Kennedy.

I just thought that was an interesting term to use in LE updated statement. :confused:

"rush to judgment', to me, indicates there may be something untoward and the police are trying to appear/be impartial to thwart any possible future defense attempt to say they were too short sighted and narrow minded in thier investigation...IMO.

ETA: given these thougths of mine, I now think possibly a reason its taking so long is that regardless of how innocent one or more of the key players may seem, and how obvious it may be to police who the 'bad guy/gal is', they need to rule out every other real possibilty before laying charges....to avoid the 'rush to judgment' charge/defense. ALL imo...

Thank you ... actually I thought it was a fairly reassuring statement they will do right by Rebecca. Let's hope so. I've attached it to make it easier to access.

Thanks so much and I share your take on it. It is reassuring.

Something is not right I started thinking and thought............

Why is there a lawyer representing someone when no warrant or arrest was made. The only explanation I could come up with is the lawyer is representing a POI and not a suspect. We will footnote that for a moment......

The question to be answered ....... Is the prosecutor satisfied with the information presented by LE. If yes then a warrant should be issues if not then Le still need to gather information but how can they as the house has been released back to the owner. That is bad......

If a warrant was issued, the question is to whom and where are they.

This is a frighting thought.........

Delays between the crime date and the defendant's arrest on an authorized charge can take any length of time (e.g., if the defendant's whereabouts are unknown, or if he/she has left the State of California).

The question is. Where are they in this case? Is the D.A. not ready or has a warrant been issued but cant be served................

it has to be .......Either the prosecutor is not happy/ready or they can't make an arrest.

Inobu

I guess you have to start looking for Countries no extradition treaty.

In looking at this death, I look first at the potential motives. I can see a motive for her to kill herself if she felt guilty that poor Max fell off the bannister to his death. I can even see her hanging herself. But I cannot see her doing it in the way that she was found. It screams rage killing, and forced humiliation, not suicide imo.

I can see both of Max's parents having a motive and the necessary anger, but I do not believe that either of them would take the time away from their last moments with him on earth to do the deed. However JS may have called upon his brother to make it happen.

Even though I feel that DS had the requisite anger built up to kill RN, she would probably call someone in because I think she was still entirely focused on Max in the IU.
But her anger and rage may have taken over. So she is my number one suspect right now, along with the brother, AS.

There is also the question of RN's ex husband. But I think it would have been a really odd time for him to choose to kill her. They apparently had some ongoing communication in recent times, so why kill her now? I know some suggest that it may have been because he knew JS would have been away at the hospital all night. But it still does not ring true to me for a few reasons. I think he is a longshot, imo.

I have been here and just not posting. I exhausted all of my opinions and theories kind of early on.

Something is up with the tox testing, IMO. If alcohol or ordinary drugs were involved, there would have been a result rather quickly.

Who knows what ingredients are actually put in some of the drugs/injections that Medicis manufactures.

I am very anxiously awaiting a press conference concerning a ruling of suicide or homicide. I never believed for one second that this was a suicide, but I do respect the opinion of those who do.

One of the reporters should be asking LE if there are any updates.

:seeya: I like reading all of your posts!

Why is there a lawyer representing someone when no warrant or arrest was made. The only explanation I could come up with is the lawyer is representing a POI and not a suspect. We will footnote that for a moment......

The question to be answered ....... Is the prosecutor satisfied with the information presented by LE. If yes then a warrant should be issues if not then Le still need to gather information but how can they as the house has been released back to the owner. That is bad......

Delays between the crime date and the defendant's arrest on an authorized charge can take any length of time (e.g., if the defendant's whereabouts are unknown, or if he/she has left the State of California).

The question is. Where are they in this case? Is the D.A. not ready or has a warrant been issued but cant be served................

it has to be .......Either the prosecutor is not happy/ready or they can't make an arrest.

Inobu

:eek:hwow::eek:hwow::eek:hwow:

In looking at this death, I look first at the potential motives. I can see a motive for her to kill herself if she felt guilty that poor Max fell off the bannister to his death. I can even see her hanging herself. But I cannot see her doing it in the way that she was found. It screams rage killing, and forced humiliation, not suicide imo.

I can see both of Max's parents having a motive and the necessary anger, but I do not believe that either of them would take the time away from their last moments with him on earth to do the deed. However JS may have called upon his brother to make it happen.

Even though I feel that DS had the requisite anger built up to kill RN, she would probably call someone in because I think she was still entirely focused on Max in the IU.
But her anger and rage may have taken over. So she is my number one suspect right now, along with the brother, AS.

There is also the question of RN's ex husband. But I think it would have been a really odd time for him to choose to kill her. They apparently had some ongoing communication in recent times, so why kill her now? I know some suggest that it may have been because he knew JS would have been away at the hospital all night. But it still does not ring true to me for a few reasons. I think he is a longshot, imo.

My primary suspects are either JS, DS or a professional hit hired by either of them. Who cares if it happened in that particular house -- this is the house where Max died -- too many painful memories. I think NN could potentially be a suspect depending on the relationship they were having -- was it a friendly breakup or was it tumultous. Most importantly, did he or would he have any knowledge that there was no one in the house at the time. I highly doubt the would show up, if JS and others would be there. For this reason, I'm not swayed in the NN direction. I do not think AS, but I admit that we do not have enough information. We don't know, for instance, if she was raped...drugged and raped...

Something was on that rug that was rolled up and removed from the house. Was it torn indicating a struggle? Was something written on it? Did it contain hair, saliva and other fluids that needed to be analyzed? Was there a blood spray pattern on it? Was it moved or disturbed in such a way as to be evidence? Was it used as the method to drag Rebecca from another place in the room to the balcony, or from another room in the house? Was it removed simply because someone might come back and shampoo and clean it if it was left where it was? ... And then there is that framed object. What about it?

I think LE is in a tough place anytime there is a suspicious death within a family of great wealth and influence. Though justice must be blind, the impact of public statements and info leaks regarding an investigation of this sort given the key individuals is highly sensitive. I know even within my own career, which is in a non-profit organization doing good work, the clout of specific individuals still dictates some of the decisions I make. It is such a ripple effect. I can only imagine the pressure when investigators are working a case such as this. It must be enormous for LE in my opinion.

Inobu

RBBM

I haven't read through, so this may have been stated but I think maybe Medicis retained him...therefore the 'client' is not Jonah it's the company and that, too, might, be why he cannot 'see' his 'client'....or talk to them, something to that effect was said, as well, iirc...

The photos which appear to be crime scene photos of the deceased have been removed and will not be allowed at this time.

Can anyone tell me where the photos originated?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member