Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you believe she had to "go get" the electrical cord? Maybe she used what was right in the room. Wasn't a scarf around her neck? I don't know why her feet were bound but I also don't know if she was under the influence of drugs.
I would guess because of the assumption that it was an orange extension cord was used as bindings which are generally kept in garages or if work was being done in an area other than the bedroom you would have to go get the extension cord, and if this was done on her trip downstairs she would have to go get the cord while nude and barefoot. if there was influence of drugs or alcohol imo it makes it harder for me to believe that RN committed this complicated suicide set up.

Why do you believe she had to "go get" the electrical cord? Maybe she used what was right in the room. Wasn't a scarf around her neck? I don't know why her feet were bound but I also don't know if she was under the influence of drugs.

The orange power cords are normally used for power tools or high current electrical equipment. In most cases people use the white power strips or extension cords. What room was that cord in.

Based on the images that cord must be 15 to 20 feet long. The question is did she go to the power cord or did the power cord come to her (someone else bringing it).

Inobu

I would guess because of the assumption that it was an orange extension cord which are generally kept in garages or if work was being done in an area other than the bedroom you would have to go get the extension cord, and if this was done on her trip downstairs she would have to go get the cord while nude and barefoot. imo opinion if there was influence of drugs or alcohol imo it makes it harder for me to believe that RN committed this complicated suicide set up.

It's not all that complicated, imo. She was nude and barefoot in her own house and also emotionally distraught. She couldn't sleep, gets a cord from wherever, ties it to the railing, gets on the table, ties her scarf to the cord, wraps her feet and then her hands and kicks away the table.

I'm a retired journalist and legit news organizations must follow guidelines that are in place with law enforcement. An unnamed source about a police investigation is someone within the police or city hall, imo. They're trying to diffuse those who are insisting it is a crime being covered up.

Hi MyBelle! Thanks for your input - we need you here!

If LE was trying to diffuse the strong sentiments that this is a crime that might be covered up, why do you think LE used unnamed sources to get the info out?

Why wouldn't LE just hold a press conference or issue a press release with some info or answer some media questions on the record?

TIA

I realize that is what implied. It doesn't make sense to me.
A lot of thought went into this supposed "suicide." She had to go get electrical cord, bind her hands and feet (and why feet?). Are they suggesting she wouldn't take time to put some clothes on? And by way, why feet? It would be hard to get on the table or jump of the balcony with bound feet. So why would she do it?

I tried to arrange binding my feet and hands and then sliding under my feet so that my hands were behind my back and I caught a cramp inside my stomach! Ughf. It is extremely annoying, cumbersome and makes no sense whatsoever. I could probably understanding trying to bind your hands in front of you so you don't try to save yourself if your plan is to commit suicide by hanging - but to have your hands behind your back (as well as feet) it just makes absolutely no sense at all.

I would guess because of the assumption that it was an orange extension cord was used as bindings which are generally kept in garages or if work was being done in an area other than the bedroom you would have to go get the extension cord, and if this was done on her trip downstairs she would have to go get the cord while nude and barefoot. if there was influence of drugs or alcohol imo it makes it harder for me to believe that RN committed this complicated suicide set up.

Yep. Who is going to use an orange extension cord inside the room of a mansion?

The only source that would report RN sleeps in the nude is JS.
---Family/friends would not announce to world, and may not even know if this was the case.
---Now, why would a man leak this about his dead, soon-to-be fiance?

Orange ext cords often used for outdoor yard work, indoor house repair - and kept in garage or construction site or yard. Was there a handyman who did yard work/house repair that could have had an opportunity to attack RN - if not an upset family member. I can understand why RN would be upset and can even imagine suicide, but....just think its a very odd way for a woman to commit suicide using electrical cords....

I tried to arrange binding my feet and hands and then sliding under my feet so that they were behind my back and I caught a cramp inside my stomach...it is extremely annoying, cumbersome and makes no sense whatsoever. I could probably understanding trying to bind your hands in front of you so you don't try to save yourself if your plan is to commit suicide by hanging - but to have your hands behind your back (as well as feet) it just makes absolutely no sense at all.
As I understand it, people would bind their hands so they don't save themselves in the last minute. But binding feet to commit suicide doesn't make sense, unless one was trying to stage a suicide to look like a murder. But if her motive is grief, why would she try to make her suicide to look like murder?

Because a little boy she loved lay dying and she felt responsible.

OK............but in court you need to have first hand knowledge in order to say that. I know we are not in court but its keeps it interesting to stay within those guidelines.

The only source that would report RN sleeps in the nude is JM.
---Family/friends would not announce to world, and may not even know if this was the case.

Orange ext cords often used for outdoor yard work, indoor house repair - and kept in garage or construction site or yard. Was there a handyman who did yard work/house repair that could have had an opportunity to attack RN - if not an upset family member. I can understand why RN would be upset and can even imagine suicide, but....just think its a very odd way for a woman to commit suicide using electrical cords....

Rebecca appeared to be a woman concerned about her looks, making sure she always wore pretty things, very feminine...electrical cords seem a bit harsh. I could understand a beautiful silk scarf -- but orange electrical extension cords? A determination would have to be made as to whether there was repair going on in the house...correct...or did she walk out of the mansion to get get it out in the yard? None of it seems to jive.

I realize that is what implied. It doesn't make sense to me.
A lot of thought went into this supposed "suicide." She had to go get electrical cord, bind her hands and feet (and why feet?). Are they suggesting she wouldn't take time to put some clothes on? And by way, why feet? It would be hard to get on the table or jump of the balcony with bound feet. So why would she do it?

Sorry - I didn't write the sentence in question so I can only try to understand what was meant by it and why it was constructed as it was. Which is precisely what I attempted to do - and from their perspective.

BBM - In my very humble opinion, they were suggesting that RN was already in bed and naked, then decided to commit suicide and remained naked.

I'm not saying this is logical to me, I'm just saying that that is how I interpret their logic / their sentence.

I'm a retired journalist and legit news organizations must follow guidelines that are in place with law enforcement. An unnamed source about a police investigation is someone within the police or city hall, imo. They're trying to diffuse those who are insisting it is a crime being covered up.

Sorry Inobu, but legitimate news organizations don't editorialize in referencing articles written by others ("the circumstances of her death were explored in an excellent report by David Gotfredson KFMB field producer...") nor impose points of view "There is also the intriguing fact that...." This is not a news article. It's nothing more than shoddy B-league blogging at best and more likely a PR-generated puff piece to fuel the Team Suicide theory.

"The Examiner" is just a blog site. Not tied to any news organization of any kind. http://www.examiner.com/

But if you at WS fall for it, why not the rest of the country?

http://www.examiner.com/news-analys...viewing-hanging-death-of-naked-coronado-woman

It's not all that complicated, imo. She was nude and barefoot in her own house and also emotionally distraught. She couldn't sleep, gets a cord from wherever, ties it to the railing, gets on the table, ties her scarf to the cord, wraps her feet and then her hands and kicks away the table.
Then why go get an extension cord at all why not use what is handy to you in the bedroom? Why go get something that is difficult to knot when you have scarves belts ties handy? LE stated that she was suspended by a rope not a scarf, AS stated he cut the rope, why was the scarf there at all?

As I understand it, people would bind their hands so they don't save themselves in the last minute. But binding feet to commit suicide doesn't make sense, unless one was trying to stage a suicide to look like a murder. But if her motive is grief, why would she try to make her suicide to look like murder?

Apparently she loved her family. When she spoke to her sister on the phone, she gave no indication whatsoever that she was planning to move to the other side? Nothing?? Nothing along the lines of ...I love you..please tell everyone I love them and they will always be in my heart...? Nothing..just a simple, I will keep you updated as to Maxie's recovery tomorrow and I'm going to sleep now. I need to be strong for Jonah. It surely does not sound to me like she was planning to die.

Rebecca appeared to be a woman concerned about her looks, making sure she always wore pretty things, very feminine...electrical cords seem a bit harsh. I could understand a beautiful silk scarf -- but orange electrical extension cords? A determination would have to be made as to whether there was repair going on in the house...correct...or did she walk out of the mansion to get get it out in the yard? None of it seems to jive.

The woman coordinated her make up with her clothes. So to use an orange extension cord for the supposed suicide seems bizarre to say the least.

Hi MyBelle! Thanks for your input - we need you here!

If LE was trying to diffuse the strong sentiments that this is a crime that might be covered up, why do you think LE used unnamed sources to get the info out?

Why wouldn't LE just hold a press conference or issue a press release with some info or answer some media questions on the record?

TIA

Most police agencies do not publicly announce suicides because it isn't a crime nor do news agencies report them out of respect to the families.

I tried to arrange binding my feet and hands and then sliding under my feet so that my hands were behind my back and I caught a cramp inside my stomach! Ughf. It is extremely annoying, cumbersome and makes no sense whatsoever. I could probably understanding trying to bind your hands in front of you so you don't try to save yourself if your plan is to commit suicide by hanging - but to have your hands behind your back (as well as feet) it just makes absolutely no sense at all.

LOL.........That what I been saying, try to do some of these things and you will just shake your head.

Just imaging if you were on a 3 legged table? Mind you the noose has to be on your neck first and the you have to get your hands behind you. Other wise you cant get the noose on.

Inobu

Lawgirl, I'm glad you tried it.........I did the cord test too and it follows like a puppy and points to the direction that you came from.

The only source that would report RN sleeps in the nude is JS.

Sleeping in the nude would be information given to police by JS. Nothing about the news stories suggest their source is JS. He isn't conducting the investigation and the media would not use him as a source without confirming it with LE.

Orange extension cords are often used outdoors and Rebecca was found outdoors. Not at all odd, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme