Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
curiousjo, I believe from LE reports little MS's fall was from the entrance way staircase. There was mention of the chandelier. IMO the fall originated from the top landing above the chandelier straight down, thus the seriousness of the injuries. In photos it looks like there is a stair leading to the bottom level, so perhaps he hit head first on to the corner of that step. This is my opinion only as to date this has not been clarified by LE.

The only way I can see RN committing suicide is if JS told her it was over, and he was ending the relationship. The accident happened Mon am, by late Tues night she was already going to kill herself? Why would RN to do something this drastic unless she thought she was going to loose everything. Wouldn't she have wanted to be around to support her love, JS? She was a survivor, a girl who learned how to swim so she could participate in an athletic event with a friend.... doesn't add up. Very out of character.

I think we ask these questions many times when someone commits suicide. A loss of a loved one can trigger suicidal thoughts and I DO believe she loved Maxie with all her heart. I have often wondered if Rebecca could have children of her own since she was 32 and had been married a long time previously.

I think they all knew hours after arriving at the children's hospital that the outcome was going to be devastating for Maxie and all that loved him.

I don't know if Jonah verbally blamed her but imo Rebecca blamed herself more than anyone ..even if it was not warranted because no one can watch a child 24/7. But women tend to carry heavy guilt on their shoulders especially when it comes to children even if they couldn't have prevented it.

IMO

Even after this long all we can do is speculate about unknowns.

I am beginning to believe she tied the cord around the balcony bottom railing letting it trail down to the courtyard ground then she went down and possibly stood on the table after attaching the rope to the blue scarf she had on and then jumped off the table....

From the photos previously posted (aerial photos) we can see the doors leading to the balcony were closed. So whoever was on the balcony would have had to close the doors behind him or her. Something to consider from all angles.

I think we ask these questions many times when someone commits suicide. A loss of a loved one can trigger suicidal thoughts and I DO believe she loved Maxie with all her heart. I have often wondered if Rebecca could have children of her own since she was 32 and had been married a long time previously.

I think they all knew hours after arriving at the children's hospital that the outcome was going to be devastating for Maxie and all that loved him.

I don't know if Jonah verbally blamed her but imo Rebecca blamed herself more than ..even if it was not warranted because no one can watch a child 24/7. But women tend to carry heavy guilt on their shoulders especially when it comes to children even if they couldn't have prevented it.

IMO

I don't see why someone "carrying guilt" would kill oneself while naked, outside, with hands and feet bound. The only suicide that appears to be similar was that of the census worker-and allegedly that guy deliberately staged his suicide to look like a murder for the purpose of his family collecting insurance payments. So why would RN kill herself like that? It makes no sense to me.

I don't see why someone "carrying guilt" would kill oneself while naked, outside, with hands and feet bound. The only suicide that appears to be similar was that of the census worker-and allegedly that guy deliberately staged his suicide to look like a murder for the purpose of his family collecting insurance payments. So why would RN kill herself like that? It makes no sense to me.

I don't know jjenny. As I have said before many suicides leave nothing but questions and very little explanations as to why and how someone decides to commit suicide a certain way.

I am afraid if it truly was a suicide and I think tragically it was ....then that answer is known only to Rebecca as to why she decided to do it this way.

Suicide victims are as unique as anyone else and that is why there is no true and tried method in each and every case where they hang themselves. It is what they choose to do at the time. It is an individual choice.

IMO

would they need a search warrant for the records of anyone except RN?

And since the search warrants are sealed, are you guessing?

Morning Score!

I think it is logical that they have retrieved ALL phone records. This is a death investigation which means they are looking at the possibility of suicide or homicide.

Since they retrieved the hospital video it just makes sense imo that LE also obtained all phone records from RN, JS, DS and AS.

IMO

I don't know jjenny. As I have said before many suicides leave nothing but questions and very little explanations as to why and how someone decides to commit suicide a certain way.

I am afraid if it truly was a suicide and I think tragically it was ....then that answer is known only to Rebecca as to why she decided to do it this way.

Suicide victims are as unique as anyone else and that is why there is no true and tried method in each and every case where they hang themselves. It is what they choose to do at the time. It is an individual choice.

IMO
Well it's a little bit too "unique" for me. Must be a little bit too "unique" for police, or why have they not declared this to be a suicide already?
How does someone who appeared to be perfectly rational while talking to her sister kills herself in such a bizarre way just a short time later?

I am beginning to believe she tied the cord around the balcony bottom railing letting it trail down to the courtyard ground then she went down and possibly stood on the table after attaching the rope to the blue scarf she had on and then jumped off the table. The binding of the hands and feet is really not hard to do for someone who is petite and agile like Rebecca was known to be. It is just a 'step through' process with her bound feet once the hands have been bound.

Iirc we read that the bottom of the balcony is about 10-11 feet above ground level and the cord certainly looks long enough to reach.

BBM

Good morning, Ocean.

If I recall, the rope was tied to "something" in the room and not from the railing. Also, don't you think the rope would "slip" off of a 'silk' scarf.

From previous pictures, there appeared to be a rope showing on the opposite side of her neck from from blue scarf.......

Oh, I don't want to look at those pictures again or go find the post or the MSM links....LOL

and he used duct tape.....no knots to tie

Well it's a little bit too "unique" for me. Must be a little bit too "unique" for police, or why have they not declared this to be a suicide already?
How does someone who appeared to be perfectly rational while talking to her sister kills herself in such a bizarre way just a short time later?

There again it is impossible to know that. Those who are suicidal are very good at covering up their thoughts. They don't want anyone to interfere with what they are going to do.

They are not going to rule either way until the autopsy report is complete and that isn't done until tox results come back to the ME.

Why did my husband's nephew go out to dinner with his fiancée and then on to a movie appearing very happy and upbeat and 45 minutes after leaving her wound up dead from a self inflicted shotgun blast? To this day we don't know WHY.

IMO

Does anyone know when AS arrived in Coronado? Did he arrive on Monday night, Tuesday morning or afternoon? If he arrived as SAN on commercial, there would be a record of his arrival. If he arrived on corporate jet, not sure if there would be a record.

I am beginning to believe she tied the cord around the balcony bottom railing letting it trail down to the courtyard ground then she went down and possibly stood on the table after attaching the rope to the blue scarf she had on and then jumped off the table. The binding of the hands and feet is really not hard to do for someone who is petite and agile like Rebecca was known to be. It is just a 'step through' process with her bound feet once the hands have been bound.

Iirc we read that the bottom of the balcony is about 10-11 feet above ground level and the cord certainly looks long enough to reach.

ess45.gif
Good morning,
Ocean, thank you for your post. I am petite and agile (not a gymnast -lol) and could not do it. I workout daily. However, it does not mean you are limber. Maybe you have to have the determination, the will.

I'm guessing it was AS who removed the blue scarf and broke the table?

BBM

Good morning, Ocean.

If I recall, the rope was tied to "something" in the room and not from the railing. Also, don't you think the rope would "slip" off of a 'silk' scarf.

From previous pictures, there appeared to be a rope showing on the opposite side of her neck from from blue scarf.......

Oh, I don't want to look at those pictures again or go find the post or the MSM links....LOL

Really? I neve saw the rope extending into the inside of the home. Wouldnt it be trailing across the floor of the balcony from inside to outside? All I saw was a short piece (2 feet long approx.) of rope dangling from the bottom of the balcony like it had been cut.

ess45.gif
Good morning,
Ocean, thank you for your post. I am petite and agile (not a gymnast -lol) and could not do it. I workout daily. However, it does mean you are limber. Maybe you have to have the determination, the will.

I'm guessing it was AS who removed the blue scarf and broke the table?

Good morning!:seeya:

I think you are right. AS probably loosened the scarf away from her neck or maybe even the EMTs.

I really don't know about the table. The leg wasnt really broken as if in leaving a splintered piece attached to the table but it seems the entire table leg became unattached for some reason. Maybe it was already missing some screws and bolts on that leg and the stress made the leg fall off.

IMO

Does anyone know when AS arrived in Coronado? Did he arrive on Monday night, Tuesday morning or afternoon? If he arrived as SAN on commercial, there would be a record of his arrival. If he arrived on corporate jet, not sure if there would be a record.

Even a private jet would have to make flight plans with the airport.

I think LE knows when AS arrived.

IMO

Really? I neve saw the rope extending into the inside of the home. Wouldnt it be trailing across the floor of the balcony from inside to outside? All I saw was a short piece (2 feet long approx.) of rope dangling from the bottom of the balcony like it had been cut.

Hi Oceanblueyes
I have searched all the photos of the crime scene and cannot find an image showing rope dangling from the bottom of the balcony. Any chance anyone has a link to that image? So sorry... I know it's horrible to review the photos. :sick: Just wishing LE would make their report...

Who would decide to commit suicide in the nude, but think that nice blue scarf would add that certain panache that would otherwise be missing? That is yet another thing that makes no sense. Neither would she sleep in the nude with just a scarf (cold neck?) IMO. Unless someone started by strangling her with the scarf then moved on......

I still think the "scarf" was a result of the EMT's but that may have been resolved earlier in the thread by better sleuthers than I.

Hi Oceanblueyes
I have searched all the photos of the crime scene and cannot find an image showing rope dangling from the bottom of the balcony. Any chance anyone has a link to that image? So sorry... I know it's horrible to review the photos. :sick: Just wishing LE would make their report...
Good morning carioca, further up the thread we had a photo where we thought it was the rope hanging, but further deduced it was the middle support under the balcony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman