Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I neve saw the rope extending into the inside of the home. Wouldnt it be trailing across the floor of the balcony from inside to outside? All I saw was a short piece (2 feet long approx.) of rope dangling from the bottom of the balcony like it had been cut.

It is so maddening:maddening::maddening:

I remember looking at bonepile pictures and trying to figure out if there was a rope handing from the balcony but I remember reading that it was tied to something/furniture in the room????

I know we could never find/see the roping trailing on the balcony and the balcony doors were shut.......but who knows what the detectives/CSI removed......

I will try to find the info.......

Even a private jet would have to make flight plans with the airport.

I think LE knows when AS arrived.

IMO
In the first news articles that came out it was stated that AS arrived on Tuesday, I don't have a link but thats what I remember.

Really? I neve saw the rope extending into the inside of the home. Wouldnt it be trailing across the floor of the balcony from inside to outside? All I saw was a short piece (2 feet long approx.) of rope dangling from the bottom of the balcony like it had been cut.
In the LE press conference Captain Curran in response to a question said, I'm not going to comment on what the rope was attached to in the house.

In the first news articles that came out it was stated that AS arrived on Tuesday, I don't have a link but thats what I remember.

I remember reading AS arrived Mon and, in some reports, Tues.

Following article states:

Frank said [AS] had flown in from out of state on Monday and was “staying in the house to be there for his brother.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/07/19/jonah-shacknai-mansion-deaths-girlfriend-rebecca-nalepa-son-max-die-within-days.html

But one can use their teeth to make a knot.

IMO

That seems like sooooooooooo much work and remember in the dark.

To do that she would have to be very flexible......and remember she had a limp....would that affect her ability to be flexible?

If only we knew what type of knots were used.....

Also, the orange extension cord would be hard to "bite and tie", don't you think?

Did anyone ever figure out if there was a full moon that Tues night into Wed morning? TIA

I remember reading AS arrived Mon and, in some reports, Tues.

Following article states:

Frank said [AS] had flown in from out of state on Monday and was “staying in the house to be there for his brother.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/07/19/jonah-shacknai-mansion-deaths-girlfriend-rebecca-nalepa-son-max-die-within-days.html
This is what I found, so I can conclude from this we don't know when he arrived ;)

Adam Shacknai, Jonah's brother and the man who found Zahau Wednesday morning, had only arrived in Coronado Tuesday. Indications are he came to town to help the family after Max's fall.

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/ks...ronado-mansion-deaths-20110718,0,323715.story

I'm thinking they were told very early on and perhaps there was some discussion about whether to donate or not, with one parent resisting and wanting to wait, more tests, to be sure, etc. I think I would feel that way. Then, perhaps they waited to officially announce it (days after it had occurred) for privacy reasons. They were already in the spotlight. So they wait until after the organs were harvested and MS' body had been flown to AZ to announce it. So it was not really a week in real time...only in the announcements. Remember, GS posted on her FB two days before the official announcement. Perhaps that was the day that his organs were donated and he was pronounced.

I agree sdcali, you could be right about the timing. My concern is the fact that Rebecca was found dead two days later. MS fell on the morning of 7/11 and RN was found at 6:45 am on 7/13 (less than 48 hrs later, before the scheduled MRI). If JS and DS had not made the decision and started the process in motion on 7/12 I can't see a good reason for Rebecca to do this to herself on the night of the 12th/morning of the 13th. I agree with the other posters that that is waaaayyyy too fast for two grieving parents to make that decision about a 6 year old and communicate that to Rebecca. When my father died he had a cerebral aneurysm at a hospital which had no clue what to do. He bled out and had a heart attack before he ever reached the other hospital so the decision to take him off life support was not the issue it might have been. There was no hope. Not like Maxie, especially if it were a C spine fracture like Christopher Reeve. I can't imagine two caring parents immediately deciding to take him off life support within 48 hours of the accident unless there was massive head trauma (and maybe not even then). IMO.

Even a private jet would have to make flight plans with the airport.

I think LE knows when AS arrived.

IMO

As you guys are trying to figure out when AS arrived, I wanted to let you know the above post is inaccurate. Planes, whether corporate, charter, or private, can fly VFR and don't have to file flight plans, name a destination, etc. when flying VFR.

That seems like sooooooooooo much work and remember in the dark.

To do that she would have to be very flexible......and remember she had a limp....would that affect her ability to be flexible?

If only we knew what type of knots were used.....

Also, the orange extension cord would be hard to "bite and tie", don't you think?

I dont think she bit the extension cord to tie it. I think she had already done that with her hands free and then bound her hands and feet.

JMO.

As you guys are trying to figure out when AS arrived, I wanted to let you know the above post is inaccurate. Planes, whether corporate, charter, or private, can fly VFR and don't have to file flight plans, name a destination, etc. when flying VFR.

No, I really wasnt. Seek. Someone else mentioned AS flying in via private jet or a public airlines.

Anyway I think LE knows when AS arrived and how.

IMO

Did anyone ever figure out if there was a full moon that Tues night into Wed morning? TIA

Did we ever determine if they had outside lighting illuminating the backyard area? With the high fencing all around the back no one would be able to tell what was going on at night there.

IMO

Hi Oceanblueyes
I have searched all the photos of the crime scene and cannot find an image showing rope dangling from the bottom of the balcony. Any chance anyone has a link to that image? So sorry... I know it's horrible to review the photos. :sick: Just wishing LE would make their report...

It is lost somewhere in all of these voluminous posts. Unless the mods have removed it.

It was very enlarged and the rope was hanging from the bottom of the balcony in the middle.

I don't mean this offensively, I agree we will never know the entire truth, but I am hoping and praying for justice for Rebecca, as I truly believe this was a murder.

I didn't take it as offensive at all. Also, I think all of us are hoping and praying that justice will prevail for Rebecca, and I also believe it to be a murder. That being said, just look at where we are today. Nothing, noda. If this were Joe-Blow we would know everything by now, however, this is beyond our wildest speculations - money-wise and empowerment-wise. It breaks my heart that this is how justice is (not) served. MO

I share your theory of why she committed suicide.

I also agree that IF Rebbecca committed suicide, that is the most likely scenario. I remember reading a post WAY back near the beginning of this thing about her ex-husband saying in an interview that she had decided she wanted a life of luxury.

So, MS is severly injured in the house while you were there, and your boyfriend calls and tells you he holds you responsible and to get out. I'm not saying that she was selfish or greedy, she seems by all accounts to have been very nice. But to have all that happen, and then get kicked out of your beautiful new life by the man you love, be blamed by him for his son's death, it could have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

If she killed herself, though, like Babette suggests, I believe there was an element of lashing out at JS. There would be no other reason for her to tie her own feet up as well as her hands behind her. The hands being bound behind you are to stop yourself from freeing yourself. But the feet? Almost impossible to do with the bound hands, and for what, if your intention is just to kill yourself?

That gossipy article we read that has been repeated over and over, that is trying to say that the police believe it is suicide, the only case of suicide it mentioned where the hands and feet were bound was when a man was trying to make his suicide look like murder so his family could get his life insurance payout. There would have been no payout for suicide.

So, in my opinion, Rebecca was murdered and it was staged to look like a suicide, or she did committ suicide, but tried to make it look like JS murdered her.

God help me for thinking up such things!

I just went downstairs and got our yellow extension cord and attempted to pull this off. You must tie the feet first, then work your way up to the hands. Once the hands are tied together, it is very difficult (impossible for me) to force the arms far enough apart to get the legs through. There is no room, no slack. If you tie it loose enough to perform that contortion then the cord is not tight on your hands. And remember this is not like handcuffs where there is chain and therefore slack, giving room to maneuver - the wrists have to be tightly bound together for it to work. Either way I cannot simply pass my bound feet through my hands to have them behind my back. Cannot. RN had a limp allegedly. Whether she worked out or not, she couldn't have been that flexible to have a permanent limp. That would definitely affect her ability to pull off the contortion necessary to be in the hog tied position she was found in.

I would like to know where the end of the cord was, on her hands or on her feet. The natural choice is to start at the end and since you have to start at the feet, the plug should have been on her feet......MOO. Additionally, tying the hands in the middle of the cord is not easy, alot of winding around but no real knots. Maybe I'm just not smart enough or flexible enough. :crazy:

Here is a good close up of part of the balcony. Click "new window ext."

This was probably before they bought the mansion and the backyard is setup differently now.

I don't know how to do screen shots but maybe someone will help me out.

It isn't of the scene when Rebecca died but does show the back wall well.

http://www.dndb.info/featured18-1-2.htm

I dont remember seeing a support under the middle of the balcony. Just supports on each side where it is attached to the wall.

IMO

Here is a good close up of part of the balcony. Click "new window ext."

This was probably before they bought the mansion and the backyard is setup differently now.

I don't know how to do screen shots but maybe someone will help me out.

It isn't of the scene when Rebecca died but does show the back wall well.

http://www.dndb.info/featured18-1-2.htm

I dont remember seeing a support under the middle of the balcony. Just supports on each side where it is attached to the wall.

IMO
There are pictures further up thread that show the middle support
here is one of them

5e068098bbf6172d9d7ab9f3538de17b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics