Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A pause for thought: is it possible LE will never ever make an official statement? Is LE required by law to issue a conclusion on a death investigation?

No,

You cannot see the braces from the aerial shot because of the angle. All braces are out of view. Point is see one see all. Because we don't see all three braces in the aerial shot it has to be something else.

Its size/diameter excludes a rope and the only thing left in that area is the palm branch/leave.

Inobu

Got it. Quite surprising that so few shots that show the rope stub. I suppose most photojournalists were focused on the body.

WOW! What the bleep was that? There should have been a warning on your post and a warning at the top of the article. Yuck!

Did you miss AK ccomments re JS in Wall Street Journal blog in threads past?

Of interest as one reporter's take on character of AK.

Also of interest if anything might come out at above trial re JS.

No,

You cannot see the braces from the aerial shot because of the angle. All braces are out of view. Point is see one see all. Because we don't see all three braces in the aerial shot it has to be something else.

Its size/diameter excludes a rope and the only thing left in that area is the palm branch/leave.

Inobu
I believe you can see the one on the left of the balcony next to the downpipe, the right one is behind the tree. The picture is taken at a strange angle but you can see the left one. imo

assuming AD is telling the truth that he found her hanging.

1.) was she hanging by the neck ? or from the torso or legs ?

2.) hanging from the neck - possibility of suicide or murder staged to look like suicide

3.) hanging from torso or legs -someone tried to bring her down to the ground to cart her body away, but panicked and left her hanging

4.) Again, if it was hanging from the neck, was the neck bruise like a V-upward characteristic of hanging? or was it more of a horizontal all around bruise characteristic of strangulation.

But, if AS was involved in some "bad" way, his purported attempt to do CPR on her will be his alibi as his DNA will be all over her.

However, Im curious what the autopsy results will show as far as whether she was "violated" - e.g. genital lecerations or semen traces ,etc

A pause for thought: is it possible LE will never ever make an official statement? Is LE required by law to issue a conclusion on a death investigation?

Possible, yes, but I hope that it will not turn out to go that way, as I would suspect that someone got away with murder.

There is something in CA law called negligent supervision.

negligence n. failure to exercise the care toward others which a reasonable or prudent person would do in the circumstances, or taking action which such a reasonable person would not.
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Negligence

As with everything else in this case, there is nothing pointing to RN being or not being negligent.

Lawyers, however, seem to like these cases. I've heard of quite a few, even one gal I worked with sued his own mother when her was injured in mothers' care.

I do believe LE will make an official statement. If it is deemed a suicide though I do not expect them to go into any details for it would then become a private matter and imo the particulars would then become confidential between the LE/ME offices and the family members.

IMO

Based only on my viewing the photo, Rebecca had tied a scarf around her neck. I think she got on the table, tied her scarf to the cording from the balcony, wrapped her ankles/wrists, stepped through her arms so her wrists were behind her and then kicked the table out. Wouldn't be all that difficult for someone her age, physical agility and determination imo.

Except that in the process of stepping through her arms to have her hands behind her back, she probably caught a spasm or cramp in her abdomen and died from that. :doh:

Based only on my viewing the photo, Rebecca had tied a scarf around her neck. I think she got on the table, tied her scarf to the cording from the balcony, wrapped her ankles/wrists, stepped through her arms so her wrists were behind her and then kicked the table out. Wouldn't be all that difficult for someone her age, physical agility and determination imo.

If her feet were bound and the scarf around her neck already attached to the rope, she would have had to jump at least knee high through the loop created by her bound hands in order to get them behind her back. Leaning down to pass the cord under her bound feet would have tightened the scarf/noose, thus strangling her. Yikes. Maybe time to contact Cirque du Soleil for a consultation!

That seems like sooooooooooo much work and remember in the dark.

Also, the orange extension cord would be hard to "bite and tie", don't you think?
I agree.

If Rebecca was upset enough to take her own life she would probably have been crying, maybe even drinking. In such an emotional state of mind, how could she even come up with such an elaborate suicide plan?

If the hanging was well thought out, ahead of time, wouldn't she have found a rope that was easier to tie?

Either way it doesn't make any sense. There's no way I will ever believe that Rebecca did this to herself. Actually, I'm leaning towards the theory that someone killed her first and then hung her in that fashion to make a statement.

I'm sure the medical examiner already knows the cause of death, but I don't think LE has made it public.

Obviously, there are a number of ways Rebecca's body could have wound up in that position- many POSSIBILITIES. But think about what actually makes sense. What is the PROBABILITY?

BBM I am Sorry for your loss. I think in many cases, after the person makes their decision to take their life, a huge burden is lifted from their shoulders, and they sometimes become almost giddy with relief that their pain is over. There are situations where the friends/family are so confused, because they thought the person that took their life was finally back to their old jolly selves. IMHO

There is absolutely nothing to suggest she was suicidal prior to child's accident. So we are talking about a very short timeline here, in which she would become not only suicidal but also "back to her jolly self." It just does not fit.

I just went downstairs and got our yellow extension cord and attempted to pull this off. You must tie the feet first, then work your way up to the hands. Once the hands are tied together, it is very difficult (impossible for me) to force the arms far enough apart to get the legs through. There is no room, no slack. If you tie it loose enough to perform that contortion then the cord is not tight on your hands. And remember this is not like handcuffs where there is chain and therefore slack, giving room to maneuver - the wrists have to be tightly bound together for it to work. Either way I cannot simply pass my bound feet through my hands to have them behind my back. Cannot. RN had a limp allegedly. Whether she worked out or not, she couldn't have been that flexible to have a permanent limp. That would definitely affect her ability to pull off the contortion necessary to be in the hog tied position she was found in.

I would like to know where the end of the cord was, on her hands or on her feet. The natural choice is to start at the end and since you have to start at the feet, the plug should have been on her feet......MOO. Additionally, tying the hands in the middle of the cord is not easy, alot of winding around but no real knots. Maybe I'm just not smart enough or flexible enough. :crazy:

The other question is, why? The arms are bound to prevent saving oneself. But there is no reason to bind the feet. So why go through all these acrobatics for no apparent reason?

The other question is, why? The arms are bound to prevent saving oneself. But there is no reason to bind the feet. So why go through all these acrobatics for no apparent reason?
And then we have the table... do all those shenanigans on a three legged table if done from down below?

And she did this after midnight in the dark - just outside the window of AS?

And she did this after midnight in the dark - just outside the window of AS?

And don't forget, nude. It was darn chilly in Coronado on July 13 between 1AM and 7AM, 16.5 C, especially for someone accustomed to the warmer climates in Burma (Myanmar) and Arizona.
http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

Good points---

NUDE
COLD @ 60 DEGREES
DARK @ AFTER MIDNIGHT
TYING KNOTS/MAKING NOOSE WITH ELECTRICAL CORDS
IN FRONT OF SLEEPING AS WINDOW

The table could have broken when she was contorting herself to get her feet through her hands if she were sitting on the table to reach the cord. Was the scarf an extension for the extension cord or under the cord? Could she have been strangled with the scarf and then hog-tied and hung with the extension cord........if indeed it was a scarf and not a piece of medical equipment?

One thing I realized when I did my test. That was the longest item in our house except for the garden hose. If I needed that length of rope I would be s.o.l. One potential reason to use the extension cord.

Gee, there have been so many good posts here, diagnosing distances, probabilities, etc. Ever since I first saw the following video, I've been trying to figure out where the railing is that is being photographed from outside at 1:06 mins into the video. I can see a crack on one of the posts. Can anyone answer this for me?
WARNING graphic
http://www.10news.com/video/28573545/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads