Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But why would DS' boyfriend's daughter go around with JS? DS had to send Max over their per custody agreement, I presume. But not her boyfriend's daughter.
That post also said her father won't let her go to the hospital where MS was.
So I don't know how friendly the families were.
Hi jjenny,

Correct me if I'm wrong, however, I think it was meant that the poster is DS's boyfriend's daughter and she is asking for others to pray for Max. Not that the poster was at the house the day of Max's accident. I have no doubt that DS and Max and DS's boyfriend and his child(ren) would get together often for "family" time. However, the statement is not meant to read that DS's boyfriend's child was at Jonah's mansion that day. Thus, it's possible; some families are friendly after divorce.

I'm sure hospital rules would not permit minors visitation per se.

I hope my post is not confusing. lol

Looks like JS is going to be making lots of money this year......
"Dysport has now obtained approval from the FDA for use in the United States. ...Jonah Shacknai is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Medicis. Mr. Shacknai indicated that Medicis, the organization that can make Dysport, was incredibly happy to get approval of the medication in the United States. He also indicated that Medicis is functioning to produce other cosmetic Product."

Read article below:
http://www.dysportvsbotox.net/345/announcing-the-newest-fda-authorized-wrinkle-decreasing-item/
Thank you for posting, curiousjo. This is something we can all agree on, and that is Mr. Shacknai is a successful businessman. An amazing story! It's sad about his personal life. I hope for a better personal life for him and his family. As well as for Rebecca. May justice be served.

Could the other girl be Dina's boyfriend's daughter? The one who posted about Maxie who spoke of him very affectionately? Maybe all the families/SOs were friendly with each other. Dina and her boyfriend and his child and Maxie and when Jonah's other children came. Maybe his child is around GSs age?

It isn't unheard of for the families to get along after a divorce especially when children are involved.

IMO

I've been lost from this thread for a couple of weeks and trying to catch up. Regarding the friendliness of everyone concerned, I was rather struck by that from the photo of Ethan's bar mitzva (sp). Many family members were in that photo, ex(s) and their new husbands, etc. Just a thought.

I've been lost from this thread for a couple of weeks and trying to catch up. Regarding the friendliness of everyone concerned, I was rather struck by that from the photo of Ethan's bar mitzva (sp). Many family members were in that photo, ex(s) and their new husbands, etc. Just a thought.

Hi Deanna, Missing from the photo is Dina, but there would no reason for her to be there seeing as ES is not her child. From what I can see, the only significant ex is ES' mother.

Although it has no bearing on the case, from all reports, JS seems to be a very caring, attentive father. The pain and sorrow at the loss of his youngest child is unfathomable.

But why would DS' boyfriend's daughter go around with JS? DS had to send Max over their per custody agreement, I presume. But not her boyfriend's daughter.
That post also said her father won't let her go to the hospital where MS was.So I don't know how friendly the families were.

BBM

I would think the reason for that is the father had concerns about the gravity of the situation. She nor he would be allowed to go in to see Maxie anyway since they weren't next of kin. It is a very sad place for a child to be when the situation is grave.

Why not? If JS knew this young girl and liked her and also knew Maxie liked her too then what is wrong with them walking around together? There is nothing indicating these families didnt get along.

IMO

would they need a search warrant for the records of anyone except RN?

And since the search warrants are sealed, are you guessing?

Scorekeeper you are correct, LE would have to articulate in an affidavit why they need the phone records, then the affidavit/search warrant would need to be reviewed and signed by a judge. They would even need to go through this process for RN. Besides it was her phone, but who knows whos account it was under, JS or his business? Search warrants are public records, but can be sealed and/or redatcted for a number of reasons. If they are not sealed then they become public record once it is served or once the case is filed for criminal charging. Information on sealing of the search warrants, 911 calls and other "sealed" items in this case can be found in the California Public Records Act. If LE rules RN's death a suicide then IMO most everthing should be made public. If it is classified as a homicide, with no arrest these could be sealed for a long time!

I could see Rebecca referring to any of JS children, as her, 'my' daughter, or son. They seemed very close and the kids appear to be close to her and stay with she and their Dad. The ex's may or may not have felt threatened by that.

I do not, in any way, see her addressing DS's boyfriends daughter, as her daughter, no matter what the circumstances. There is no way she would ever be a step mother to DS's boyfriends daughter.

I know many feel she was overstepping her bounds, to refer to JS's children, as hers, but I don't at all think it was done out of disrespect or maliciousness, but out of fondness As usual MOO.

:waiting::waiting:
:waiting:

Would you like to hear some :guitar: while we wait? Or maybe we can pass some time and :juggle: for entertainment. I know I will let out a big :cheer: if and when there is an announcement!!

I could see Rebecca referring to any of JS children, as her, 'my' daughter, or son. They seemed very close and the kids appear to be close to her and stay with she and their Dad. The ex's may or may not have felt threatened by that.

I do not, in any way, see her addressing DS's boyfriends daughter, as her daughter, no matter what the circumstances. There is no way she would ever be a step mother to DS's boyfriends daughter.

I know many feel she was overstepping her bounds, to refer to JS's children, as hers, but I don't at all think it was done out of disrespect or maliciousness, but out of fondness As usual MOO.

We still don't know who the young female in the house was. Some reports said the teenager in the house was RN's sister. Maybe the dog kennel guy is confused and RN said "her sister" and not "her daughter?"

:maddening:

la-la-la-la-la-la....

still nuttin' huh? I've been out enjoying a long weekend with friends visiting from out of town and haven't been posting.

Welcome's going out to new members :)

Good grief but is anyone else getting the impression that the authorities are starving the public of new information in the hopes that the attention this case has garnered will just go away? I drop in here regularly to see if there's been any news. Thank you to all who are posting regularly and keeping this case at the top of the board.

This is a very difficult case in that the witnesses are family. As pointed out in previous posts there are question to who was initially present. Who do you get statements from? If the witnesses are not talking, who do you interview especially is they are out of state now.

Remember that the original event was an accident that involved one group of family members which SDSD was not part of. The events and individuals associated with that call may not have been documented as it was deemed an accident.

The second event was passed to SDSD in which it was portrayed as a suicide and may have been first viewed as such. Although we can go in point fingers LE cannot. All were deemed witnesses and there is nothing that guarantees full disclosure from a witness/"bystander".

You cannot force dis closer unless there is a court proceeding, there is no proceeding unless there is an arrest and there is no arrest unless there is an accusation.

So the gating factor accusation. Who? one must look for a motive which leads to an act.

Motive

An issue I see, that is questionable and skews a motive, is the time of death for MS. It is slowly being changed and move back. MS death occurred before RN death not after. Here's why.

There is clinical death and brain death one can occur before the other but one is preemptive. Brain death is ir-reversal and limits recovery from a clinical death state.

There is a technicality in the usage of clinical verses brain and this situation fits into a scenario. The donor program does not come into effect unless a brain-dead declaration is made. This establishes a definitive time of death apart form the clinical death declaration (removal of life support). Only certain individuals are privy to this date and time or decision.

The question is did RN know this before her conversation with her sister? and if so when and how was it conveyed. These are bit and pieces of the picture that can prove important in uncovering the mystery.

Inobu

The truth never erodes.......

Good grief but is anyone else getting the impression that the authorities are starving the public of new information in the hopes that the attention this case has garnered will just go away? I drop in here regularly to see if there's been any news. Thank you to all who are posting regularly and keeping this case at the top of the board.

I have a feeling that, if the authorities are EVER going to come out with a statement, it will be on Friday before the long weekend. This case is too high profile to sweep under the carpet. San Diego elections coming up next June and current DA Bonnie Dumaris is running for Mayor. Sheriff Gore has endorsed her candidacy.
http://www.10news.com/news/28372335/detail.html

According to the many comments I've followed on news media sites in both CA, AZ and internationally, as well as comments within my social circle in La Jolla, the public is already impatient with the lack of information forthcoming from LE.

The sheriff is within a rock and hard place with this case: he cannot ignore the public's need and right to know, yet he cannot risk any mistakes. If so, not only would it cast a stain on him politically, it could be detrimental to Bonnie's campaign. OK, that's my opinion...

From the beginning I called this a Train Wreck, unfortunately it crashed in Coronado. As in real wrecks innocent people are effected and lives changed.

The question is.....Do you serve justice or serve yourself.

Inobu

So, what do you think LE is leaning towards...........

Suicide, staged like a murder - vs - Murder, staged like a suicide

Here's a quote from the azcentral story that interests me:

Prchal said that the Shacknais were friendly and that Jonah Shacknai often walked with his daughters and Zahau around town.

The question of Rebecca's sister continues to be unanswered. Shacknai does not have 'daughters'. Who was the other girl?

(Quoting my own post because I hadn't made myself plain, and Ms. Irene cut off the power before I could elucidate.)

We've all wondered what could have made things so bad for Rebecca that she would commit suicide. What if GS (14 yrs old) did leave at the 'crack of dawn' on the day that Max fell? What if the hysterical 13 year old female who called 911- and didn't know the correct address- was
Rebecca's sister? How much worse that would have made everything for RN...

OTOH, perhaps someone assumed that Rebecca was Jonah's daughter!

This is a very difficult case in that the witnesses are family.

You cannot force dis closer unless there is a court proceeding, there is no proceeding unless there is an arrest and there is no arrest unless there is an accusation.

So the gating factor accusation. Who? one must look for a motive which leads to an act.

Motive

An issue I see, that is questionable and skews a motive, is the time of death for MS. It is slowly being changed and move back. MS death occurred before RN death not after. Here's why.

There is clinical death and brain death one can occur before the other but one is preemptive. Brain death is ir-reversal and limits recovery from a clinical death state.

The question is did RN know this before her conversation with her sister? and if so when and how was it conveyed. These are bit and pieces of the picture that can prove important in uncovering the mystery.

What if the hysterical 13 year old female who called 911- and didn't know the correct address- was
Rebecca's sister? How much worse that would have made everything for RN...

<respectfully snipped, Morag and Inobu>

Maxie seemed to be not breathing and no pulse when the 911 call was placed.
RN was doing CPR and had the 13 year old call. How long do you think it took the squad to actually arrive?

--Here's the question -- How long was Maxie there before someone found him???? Immediately, 2 minutes, 5 minutes?

--He may have immediately been declared brain dead upon arrival at Childrens. Therefore, the decision about organ donation may have been presented on Monday.....36 hours, is it long enough for someone to get really, really angry at RN? This may make the dog boarding more significant. I think she was told to board the dog.

--Which ever young girl that was there is being protected (and should be during the investigation). And if it was RN's sister, would that have made the 'anger' even more???

--and how angry was DS when she was finally reached and went to the hospital??? Anger at herself could very well have been directed at RN....

I still believe RN went through way too many steps and too many different articles (orange extension cord, rope, blue scarf, table.inside/outside..dark..you know the scenerio) to commit suicide.

score, can I borrow one of these cute fellows? Where has Paladine been?

Would you like to hear some :guitar: while we wait? Or maybe we can pass some time and :juggle: for entertainment. I know I will let out a big :cheer: if and when there is an announcement!!
Too cute, SunnieRN.

I have a feeling that, if the authorities are EVER going to come out with a statement, it will be on Friday before the long weekend. This case is too high profile to sweep under the carpet. San Diego elections coming up next June and current DA Bonnie Dumaris is running for Mayor. Sheriff Gore has endorsed her candidacy.
http://www.10news.com/news/28372335/detail.html

According to the many comments I've followed on news media sites in both CA, AZ and internationally, as well as comments within my social circle in La Jolla, the public is already impatient with the lack of information forthcoming from LE.

The sheriff is within a rock and hard place with this case: he cannot ignore the public's need and right to know, yet he cannot risk any mistakes. If so, not only would it cast a stain on him politically, it could be detrimental to Bonnie's campaign. OK, that's my opinion...
Thank you, Carioca for bringing this topic up. I wanted to inquire about SD elections eight pages ago and I completely forgot about it. This is good information to know.

So, what do you think LE is leaning towards...........

Suicide, staged like a murder - vs - Murder, staged like a suicide

If you are asking me? 5 factors that point to the latter

1. Suicides does not warrant sealed evidence.
  2. Investigators or D.A. seal evidence the purposes of a trial.
  3. Trials are for criminal acts.
  4. A suicide is not a criminal act.
  5. A suicide staged like a murder is not a criminal act.

There is no such thing as a perfect crime. It's all about finding the thread that all criminals leave behind.

Lot of information to go through. Cell phone PWR up/down registration, HLR-VLR data. CALEA Act. Video's it out there they just have to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member