Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death/ADAM SHACKNAI FOUND RESPONSIBLE #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How in the world did the defense file for a nonsuit? If that is not out of touch, considering the outcome and the damages awarded, I am surprised. Unless that is standard courtroom scare tactics.

In criminal cases I've seen, it's a pretty standard move by the defense after the prosecution rests, a motion to dismiss because the prosecution hasn't proven its case.

I would assume a similar thing is routine in civil cases, but IANAL.

I don't think it's likely. The investigation was so badly botched that it would be very hard to get to beyond a reasonable doubt. UNLESS everything is still available for testing. Then there might be a chance.

I hope if we do they remain TOTALLY anonymous!

Do we know if this evidence was preserved? Would it be able to be retested if they did reopen it?

Come on SD, vote this guy into office!

YES PLEASE!

Like this tweet!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you, I'm so sorry to have made you type all that out for me. I assumed idkwym was 'I do know what you mean', but I realise now it could also be read as 'I don't know what you mean'. :D

I knew that you meant that you knew what I meant. I also like wyatt's interpretation. :cool:

As a San Diegan and follower of the McStay family murders, we're about to more of the same IMO.

Thank you, I'm so sorry to have made you type all that out for me. I assumed idkwym was 'I do know what you mean', but I realise now it could also be read as 'I don't know what you mean'. :D

Lol, yes. Don't vs Do. I misinterpreted that.

Please help me stop my ruminating mind.

So, is AS just your typical sexual predator who ended up being a killer, staging to cover up the crime?

Not a pre planned group endeavor.

Would love like to see a diagnosis of the elaborate staging.

Are the investigators incompetent,
Or
Did they do this awful job on purpose; open to being manipulated to sway the investigation. And if so, what do they get out of it?

I continue to be in disbelief of this investigation - from the getgo.

And who made the decision to leave Rebecca exposed for hours...and why.

Very Grateful for the verdict but no freedom from the many unanswered questions.

I told you guys...the brother did it!!!!!!! YAY . FInally!! fantastic..criminal charges next?

The video here shows a longer sequence of the mannequin scene in the courtroom.

There's also a still of Rebecca's bound wrists. Good lord, I can't believe Webb and/or his knot expert said that everyone can tie those knots. I wouldn't know where to begin.

Edit: oops, forgot link.

http://www.kusi.com/verdict-reached-in-coronado-mansion-wrongful-death-lawsuit/

BBM: I really hope we get to hear comments from jurors about the case...I would not be surprised if the cavalier attitude of defense counsel was at least a factor. And his statement about the knots insulted their intelligence.

Update from Rebecca’s ....

Justice is finally served today. The jury found Adam Schacknai guilty of murdering Rebecca Zahau on 7/13/2011.
On behalf of Rebecca Zahau and our family, I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart to all our friends and all those who supported us through prayers and financially during this long fight. The truth prevails and God is good through all the struggle, heartbreak, and challenges.
The defense is arguing on the words about punitive damages of Rebecca against Adam. So, the jury is coming back tomorrow. So even though we won, it’s not over yet until the jury is discharged.

BBM: I really hope we get to hear comments from jurors about the case...I would not be surprised if the cavalier attitude of defense counsel was at least a factor. And his statement about the knots insulted their intelligence.

Oh you are right on that one. "Cavalier attitude" was how I took his presentation also. I just read an article on another case that Webb handled several years ago and it stated his rate at over $700 per hour. Maybe its time for retirement?

Looks like a few more donations since the verdict.

https://www..com/rydrn-justice-for-rebecca

AS is civilly, but still not criminally responsible. So is it still not appropriate to refer to him as a "murderer?"

Yes correct. He was found liable for her death, as in his breach of duty of care and negligence resulted in her death. Murder would be the criminal aspect of the act, which would only go through criminal proceedings.

I have to catch up on all of this but I believe he raped her, I have always thought so, have always thought she was chased around the yard and the kitchen and that was why her feet were dirty and her footprints were all around. They better charge this psychopath with her murder. MOO

A San Diego jury today awarded more than $5 million in damages to the family of a woman who authorities said committed suicide by hanging herself at a Coronado mansion in 2011, determining that the brother of the woman’s boyfriend was liable for her death.

http://www.kusi.com/verdict-reached-in-coronado-mansion-wrongful-death-lawsuit/

Wonderful news! I do hope a criminal investigation happens, and we see a verdict of GUILTY again!

Nice job Mr Greer!

Kudos to Greer and the Zahau family for pushing forward on this long, heart-wrenching case.

I'm so happy they won and there is a culprit held liable for Rebecca's murder.

I hope LE reopens the criminal investigation and the rest of the culprits (of which I believe there are at minimum 3) are tried and convicted and given the maximum penalty under the law for Rebecca's murder.

Hey, pro-Dina's and pro-Shacknais, I was correct in my read of the jury, court attendees and the public. Never doubt a real scientist! :)

UPDATE

AS will be on the stand tomorrow....9am....

Update from Rebecca’s ....

Justice is finally served today. The jury found Adam Schacknai guilty of murdering Rebecca Zahau on 7/13/2011.
On behalf of Rebecca Zahau and our family, I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart to all our friends and all those who supported us through prayers and financially during this long fight. The truth prevails and God is good through all the struggle, heartbreak, and challenges.
The defense is arguing on the words about punitive damages of Rebecca against Adam. So, the jury is coming back tomorrow. So even though we won, it’s not over yet until the jury is discharged.

BBM

Hmmm. Not sure I understand this. After the jury made their decision the defense can still come back and argue "on the words about punitive damages?"

...The punitive stage will begin tomorrow and I understand AS will be required to take the stand in order for the plaintiff to explore his finances....

Just my opinion....

...The punitive stage will begin tomorrow and I understand AS will be required to take the stand in order for the plaintiff to explore his finances....

Just my opinion....

I wonder why that would require the jury. Do they get to decide what he keeps and forfeits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnemarieNL