Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death/ADAM SHACKNAI FOUND RESPONSIBLE #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Hmmm. Not sure I understand this. After the jury made their decision the defense can still come back and argue "on the words about punitive damages?"

And Adam is taking the stand??

...The punitive stage will begin tomorrow and I understand AS will be required to take the stand in order for the plaintiff to explore his finances....

Just my opinion....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you or anyone else know if the Plaintiff can seize current assets, ie the condo/other assets he currently has title to. Or can something be registered to prevent transfer of any assets by AS.

Also would the judgment be retroactive to the time of RZ's death?

...The punitive stage will begin tomorrow and I understand AS will be required to take the stand in order for the plaintiff to explore his finances....

Just my opinion....

In a press conference today, Mr. Greer said he believes the law in TN states that no more than 25% of a person’s salary can be garnished.

And Adam is taking the stand??

Yes, apparently...9am from what my fellow trialwatcher advised me...for the plaintiff to investigate his finances...

I also heard today from court watching chatter that RZs Mum apparently works in a food packing factory and regularly is on on her feet all day long..

While it’s no compensation for her daughters life and suffering, the damages may bring her a small comfort in being able to spend more time with her remaining children and family, and have some time off...

Just my opinion...

I'm just now seeing news of the verdict. Mr. Greer and the jury did a great job. Strength and love to the Zahau family. xoxo

It's sad because his brother will just pay for it and get off cheap .. makes me mad as hell..I cannot wait to go back and read what transpired in the trial, I always thought Anne Rule was dead wrong on this one, maybe somehow blinded by the beauty , money and sympathetic characters who lost a child.

The brother admitting to looking at *advertiser censored* that night on his cell phone made alarm bells go off for me..something about that seemed so out of place with a child lying near dead in a hospital. It just sang to me as a confession of something...like that kernel of truth..that small admission..so I always imagined that she went to check on him and that as the night unfolded Sandra was assaulted, brutally murdered and her corpse toyed with and posed.

like a horror movie, this family , that house of horrors,

a cursed house with a legacy of death and tragedy now, people.

MOO

Update from Rebecca’s ....

Justice is finally served today. The jury found Adam Schacknai guilty of murdering Rebecca Zahau on 7/13/2011.
On behalf of Rebecca Zahau and our family, I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart to all our friends and all those who supported us through prayers and financially during this long fight. The truth prevails and God is good through all the struggle, heartbreak, and challenges.
The defense is arguing on the words about punitive damages of Rebecca against Adam. So, the jury is coming back tomorrow. So even though we won, it’s not over yet until the jury is discharged.

Running out the clock, delay, delay is the hallmark of this defense team. It's not surprising and they'll continue to do this. Their strategy has always been to make the Zahau family spend as much as possible on legal fees, time off work, travel expenses, etc. It's all about money - holding on to their own and taking it from others. JMO

In a press conference today, Mr. Greer said he believes the law in TN states that no more than 25% of a person’s salary can be garnished.

Do you have a link by any chance? I've been looking around and can't find any full versions of the press conference. TIA!

Hours after the verdict was read, San Diego County Sheriff's Department spokesperson Lt. Karen Stubkjaer sent a statement to NBC 7.
"We completed a comprehensive and professional investigation and stand behind it. We have no further comment about this civil lawsuit," she said.
They later released a second statement that said:

"The San Diego County Sheriff's Department is aware of the recent verdict in the Rebecca Zahau wrongful death civil suit. We have cooperated with all parties on the presentation of evidence and testimony during the trial. Our thoughts are with the Zahau Family as they relive the tragic death of their daughter and sister, Rebecca.
In regards to the criminal investigation, the Sheriff's Department stands by the findings of the Medical Examiner's Office and our investigators. These findings were supported by forensic evidence and medical examinations. We are always open to reviewing any evidence that could impact our conclusions. Additionally, we are also willing to meet with the Zahau Family to look at any new evidence that came out of the civil trial."

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/lo...-Spreckels-Mansion-Mystery-478779723.html???k

I am so friggin' happy! While I knew Greer had the evidence to convict, I didn't have as much faith in the jury's smarts as many of you did. (D*mn you, Casey Anthony jurors, you continue to haunt me!)

I hope all San Diego Websleuthers will join me in voting Sheriff Gore out in June! :gaah:

Oh, I will be voting for his opponent, no doubt about that.

cache.php

Do you have a link by any chance? I've been looking around and can't find any full versions of the press conference. TIA!

Sorry, no link. I saw it on the live feed after the verdict was read. It was Mr. Greer, Mary, and her husband answering questions by reporters.

After reading this, I doubt very much the case will be reopened under Gore. When is the election? Might be best for the Zahau’s to wait until after the election to proceed. Hopefully Gore will be voted out and justice will be restored.

I'd already been following Dave Myers for a while, so I tweeted him and he replied instantly. Yaay!

View attachment 132439
You heard it here first, folks! Special Thanks OverthinksIt from this San Diegan for tweeting Myers and posting his response! I will be following this election closely and voting as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnemarieNL