Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death/ADAM SHACKNAI FOUND RESPONSIBLE #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:crying::violin:
Question

Who thinks JS is gonna wash/blow off AS and Webb (distance himself after that fiasco of a presser)

or continue to have AS's 'back' while still employing Webb?

And why?

That's a tricky one...he's gone this far with it, maybe will continue for his brother's sake.

But IMO his first objective seems to have been to keep the entire thing as quiet as possible from IMO trying to manipulate the results of the investigation to using Sitrick to scrub the web and whatever else they do. I don't doubt they pay people to post comments on news articles and forums like this one. He has to have spent millions trying to control this.

Turns out there isn't a rug big enough to sweep the injustice done to Rebecca under.

If he really wants things to quiet down, he quits now and prays that the case doesn't get re-opened for a new, thorough investigation because if it does, he is sunk anyways. He's kind of in a tough spot. :crying: :violin:

The other thing that doesn't get much attention is the black paint on RZ's breasts and buttocks. How did anyone seeing that not conclude it was a sexual crime? The alternative explanation is that paint accidentally got there, front and back, symmetrically! The jury would have seen photographs and I would think it would be very difficult with those images to ignore the obvious implications.

Question

Who thinks JS is gonna wash/blow off AS and Webb (distance himself after that fiasco of a presser)

And why?

Imo, JS will wash his hands of this and AS will be on his own to pay for an appeal. Imo, JS's only motivation from jump was to make RZ's death go away quickly and quietly. I can't imagine, especially after the fiasco that was the defense dream team in the civil trial, coupled with overwhelming public opinion that it was murder, that he'll have anything more to do with this. Imo, he's all about managing his reputation.

:crying::violin:

That's a tricky one...he's gone this far with it, maybe will continue for his brother's sake.

But IMO his first objective seems to have been to keep the entire thing as quiet as possible from IMO trying to manipulate the results of the investigation to using Sitrick to scrub the web and whatever else they do. I don't doubt they pay people to post comments on news articles and forums like this one. He has to have spent millions trying to control this.

Turns out there isn't a rug big enough to sweep the injustice done to Rebecca under.

If he really wants things to quiet down, he quits now and prays that the case doesn't get re-opened for a new, thorough investigation because if it does, he is sunk anyways. He's kind of in a tough spot. :crying: :violin:

IIRC, JS was worried about his stock in his company dropping. I wonder if that was more the reason why he helped his brother. Business first. JMO

IIRC, JS was worried about his stock in his company dropping. I wonder if that was more the reason why he helped his brother. Business first. JMO

The stock price concerns were occurring right after RZ's death, and were a large part of his motivation to see the case closed quickly as a suicide, imo. He sold Medicis not too long after that - definitely well before the WDS was filed. Imo, he did his part to try to keep the suicide ruling intact by funding his brother's defense against the WDS. Imo, he knows proceeding any further with this will not be in his best interests.

Question

And why?

I think JS will stay involved with Adam in some shape or form. Perhaps for the appeal he'll drop a couple lawyers or pull back on spend. Cut some of his losses. But, I think he will at least go through the motions of being in Adam's court. Because, IMO, Adam is a loose cannon. Left to his own devices that controlled facade might crack. He might fall to the pressure and spill the beans and tell the whole story of what happened that night. And, IMO, JS and the twins can't afford for that to happen.

I think JS will stay involved with Adam in some shape or form. Perhaps for the appeal he'll drop a couple lawyers or pull back on spend. Cut some of his losses. But, I think he will at least go through the motions of being in Adam's court. Because, IMO, Adam is a loose cannon. Left to his own devices that controlled facade might crack. He might fall to the pressure and spill the beans and tell the whole story of what happened that night. And, IMO, JS and the twins can't afford for that to happen.
Knowing what I do of Jonah, he will not give up: he has to win at all costs. He has to be right........At the same time, he would like for this whole mess to just disappear, as if it never happened. And he certainly doesn't want AS to possibly "spill the beans". I wonder if he will hire a full-time minder for AS, as he did for the trial?

Knowing what I do of Jonah, he will not give up: he has to win at all costs. He has to be right........At the same time, he would like for this whole mess to just disappear, as if it never happened. And he certainly doesn't want AS to possibly "spill the beans". I wonder if he will hire a full-time minder for AS, as he did for the trial?

Thanks for your insider insight. Now I’m curious who the “minder” was. :) Based on his behavior at the presser, AS certainly needs one! He is a loose cannon!

I’ve asked this before, but do you personally have any idea why Webb in particular was hired to defend AS? This case is so far removed from Webb’s normal defense of huge corporations. Did he know JS from work with Medicis or something? He clearly thought the case was a slam dunk. Ha!

Thanks for your insider insight. Now I’m curious who the “minder” was. :) Based on his behavior at the presser, AS certainly needs one! He is a loose cannon!

I’ve asked this before, but do you personally have any idea why Webb in particular was hired to defend AS? This case is so far removed from Webb’s normal defense of huge corporations. Did he know JS from work with Medicis or something? He clearly thought the case was a slam dunk. Ha!

Winston & Strawn is a high-powered firm that specializes in corporate defense. They have represented Medicis and JS numerous times.

Winston & Strawn is a high-powered firm that specializes in corporate defense. They have represented Medicis and JS numerous times.

Thanks! So even though defending AS isn’t corporate defense, JS was able to call on them for help with this case. Interesting. I’m sure Webb rues the day they took on this case. His anger seemed so personal in the presser and press release.
JMO

Thanks! So even though defending AS isn’t corporate defense, JS was able to call on them for help with this case. Interesting. I’m sure Webb rues the day they took on this case. His anger seemed so personal in the presser and press release.
JMO

On the other hand, I am sure that Webb was happy about all the billable hours for his firm!!!!!!!!

You mean the reasons she gave to Jonah for denying his request? As far as I know, Jonah's request was kind of like, I believe the Sherriff, but would you do an investigation just to reconfirm? To that she said no. I haven't been that involved in previous years, but I heard she turned down the Zahau family request, which would have been a stronger request, without giving a single reason. At least that's what I recall...

I recall one of verified attorneys on the Board advised a while ago that the letter was sent to the wrong legislative arm, so Harris had no jurisdiction to open an investigation, even if she wanted to.

The attorney suggested that JS would likely be well aware her office could take no action when he wrote the letter, as he was an attorney and knew the legal system well enough to know this.

The full written response was not widely published apparently ( I have not seen it personally)

That’s my opinion of the original posters info to the best of my recollection.

IM overall O....?

Publicity stunt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I recall one of verified attorneys on the Board advised a while ago that the letter was sent to the wrong legislative arm, so Harris had no jurisdiction to open an investigation, even if she wanted to.

The attorney suggested that JS would likely be well aware her office could take no action when he wrote the letter, as he was an attorney and knew the legal system well enough to know this.

The full written response was not widely published apparently ( I have not seen it personally)

IM overall O....?

Publicity stunt.

I don't recall any verified attorney on this forum even suggesting Shacknai sent his letter to the wrong "legislative arm" or that the AG didn't have "jurisdiction."

Here's the response from Kamala Harris' office. It clearly states her office did a review of his request. BBM

Dear Mr. Shacknai:

Thank you for your September 19 letter to Attorney General Kamala Harris, who sends her condolences for your profound loss. On behalf of both the Attorney General and her staff, we offer our sympathy for the tragedy that is the reason for your correspondence. Your letter requests an inquiry into the investigation that was conducted by the San Diego County Sheriff's Office. The California Department of Justice would review a local investigation under very narrow circumstances. Some of the factors that are considered before committing the state's scarce resources include whether a clear conflict of interest exists, whether a local law enforcement agency has requested assistance, whether local investigative resources have been exhausted, and whether there are allegations of gross malfeasance by the investigative agency. Based on a review of your request, we must decline your invitation to review this investigation at this time.

Please accept our sincerest condolences for your tragic loss, and feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Dane R. Gillette

For Kamala D. Harris.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news...ngs-in-bizarre-death-of-rebecca-zahau-6630223

I don't recall any verified attorney on this forum even suggesting Shacknai sent his letter to the wrong "legislative arm" or that the AG didn't have "jurisdiction."

Here's the response from Kamala Harris' office. It clearly states her office did a review of his request. BBM

Dear Mr. Shacknai:

Thank you for your September 19 letter to Attorney General Kamala Harris, who sends her condolences for your profound loss. On behalf of both the Attorney General and her staff, we offer our sympathy for the tragedy that is the reason for your correspondence. Your letter requests an inquiry into the investigation that was conducted by the San Diego County Sheriff's Office. The California Department of Justice would review a local investigation under very narrow circumstances. Some of the factors that are considered before committing the state's scarce resources include whether a clear conflict of interest exists, whether a local law enforcement agency has requested assistance, whether local investigative resources have been exhausted, and whether there are allegations of gross malfeasance by the investigative agency. Based on a review of your request, we must decline your invitation to review this investigation at this time.

Please accept our sincerest condolences for your tragic loss, and feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Dane R. Gillette

For Kamala D. Harris.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news...ngs-in-bizarre-death-of-rebecca-zahau-6630223

Thankyou so much for posting this.

The letter appears to reinforce what the attorney mentioned. I recall he said it was ‘carefully worded, crafted response” and referenced the ‘narrow circumstances’ comment.

Its unfortunate you can’t recall reading it, luckily, I do.

Just my opinion....

The letter appears to reinforce what the attorney mentioned. I recall he said it was ‘carefully worded, crafted response” and referenced the ‘narrow circumstances’ comment.

Just my opinion....

FWIW, I recall reading that too.

Thanks, everyone, for replying to my question.

Just my opinion....

Does anyone recall the response to the family or to the family’s attorney to their request to the AG?

Just my opinion....

I just posted the letter in response to your claim an attorney on this forum said Jonah's letter was sent to the wrong "legislative arm" and that the AG lacked "jurisdiction." Nowhere does the AG response I posted confirm either of those claims nor have I seen an attorney post it here. A link would be helpful. Thanks.

I just posted the letter in response to your claim an attorney on this forum said Jonah's letter was sent to the wrong "legislative arm" and that the AG lacked "jurisdiction." Nowhere does the AG response I posted confirm either of those claims nor have I seen an attorney post it here. A link would be helpful. Thanks.

I posted that I recall one of verified attorneys on the Board advised a while ago that he suggested that the letter was sent to the wrong legislative arm, so in his opinion Harris had no jurisdiction to open an investigation, even if she wanted to.

I mentioned that I recalled that the attorney suggested that JS would likely be well aware her office could take no action when he wrote the letter, as he ( JS) was an attorney and knew the legal system well enough to know this.

The full written response was not widely published apparently ( I had not seen it personally until you posted the link, for which I thanked you)

I mentioned that this was my opinion of the original posters info to the best of my recollection.

I felt it was probably a Publicity stunt.

After seeing the letter, I tend to agree with my previous comments, in that IMO it’s very carefully worded, and omits any reference to juresdiction.

So overall, a publicity stunt IMO.

( edited to add I will do my best to find the link for you to the original post, and perhaps the team on here can help me if they also recall the post please?

IM overall O....?

Publicity stunt.

I found it, Lezah.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...on-2&p=14010185&highlight=letter#post14010185

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho