Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death/ADAM SHACKNAI FOUND RESPONSIBLE #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lilybet, I don’t have any background info on Mr. Greer to answer your question. However, based on this case, he is a gentleman of fine moral compass, and one damn good attorney.

Oh, I agree Mica. I was just surprised at the dearth of info and wondering how, with such a low profile, he ended up with this case...in which he did a wonderful job. Perhaps he stepped up and volunteered, which seems like the sort of kind thing he would do. I’d just like to know more about him and he’s impossible to sleuth! :)

^^^ As is Shacknai's supposed girlfriend of 20 years. :notgood:

Hoping for anything negative for a dead woman is victim bashing, in my opinion. It’s unfortunate. I think the Zahaus continue to have such class, even expressing forgiveness of the man they believe murdered their sister. That’s taking the high ground.

I've followed many civil cases that enter the appeals phase and it seems both sides peel off any semblance of civility toward the other side. The attempted adoption of Sonya McCaul is just one example. The adoptive parents tried to win it in the court of public opinion and at first succeeded and then lost, big time. It took several years to wind through the courts.

<modsnip>

Absolutely. The sun exposure would surely do something to degrade any evidence. The blatant disregard for the dignity of a dead woman is infuriating.

Yes, this "girlfriend" of 20 years is a nurse. I suppose I should keep my thoughts about this arrangement to myself. However, AS job i would think is a very physical job and am sure he may be in pain often...certainly NOTHING compared to the pain of what he put Rebecca and her family through.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/courts/sd-me-zahau-trial-20180405-story.html

There you are Adam!

We knew you ended up not happy playing the blundering hick role not even enough to squeeze out a teeninyist crocodile tear on called for occasions. And now here you are being yourself indignant and in charge!

Mary seems to be having a lovely time. Her first visit to San Diego?

Did she get to have a nice seafood dinner on the harbor?

Too bad the defense didn’t spring for bringing out all your friends and supporters from Memphis. Sort of made you look like a liar about that.

Doesn’t look like it made in the news back home shall we let them know so they can be expecting you and Mary back soon?
Mary does look happy.. :thinking:

YES! Betty, this is the one I quoted!

This is what we need...!!Great detective work from guys like you ...and powerful legal examples and arguments validating the changing of the death certificate!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Drew Peterson Victim: Kathleen Savio -- initial COD noted as accidental drowning.

The private forensic pathologist who conducted an autopsy on Drew Peterson's third wife affirmed the official findings that ruled the death a homicide, a copy of the autopsy report shows. The report, obtained by CNN legal analyst Lisa Bloom, was written by noted pathologist Dr. Michael Baden. He conducted a third autopsy on the body of Kathleen Savio at the request of Savio's family in November 2007.

Peterson, a former Bolingbrook, Illinois, police sergeant, pleaded not guilty May 22 to a charge of first-degree murder in Savio's 2004 death.

The initial autopsy report concluded that she died as the result of an accidental drowning.

Savio was found in the bathtub in her home with a bloody gash on the back of her head; at the time she and Peterson were going through a bitter divorce.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/23/illinois.drew.peterson/

Yes, this "girlfriend" of 20 years is a nurse. I suppose I should keep my thoughts about this arrangement to myself. However, AS job i would think is a very physical job and am sure he may be in pain often...certainly NOTHING compared to the pain of what he put Rebecca and her family through.

While I'm not a fan of AS, it's notable that there was a larger difference in age between JS and Rebecca than there is between AS and his girlfriend. Additionally, the contrast in their ages would have been less pronounced when they reportedly got together. It's not inconceivable that they may have bonded at the time and an unconventional relationship evolved over time. JMHO.

While I'm not a fan of AS, it's notable that there was a larger difference in age between JS and Rebecca than there is between AS and his girlfriend. Additionally, the contrast in their ages would have been less pronounced when they reportedly got together. It's not inconceivable that they may have bonded at the time and an unconventional relationship evolved over time. JMHO.

It seems to be viewed with more disapproval if the woman is considerably older than the man in the relationship. Not fair, of course. Personally, I think discussion of the girlfriend should be off limits. She believes AS is innocent and has apparently stood by him. Nothing wrong with that. And she looks really good for 70 (blonde hair helps)! :)
JMO

Oh, I agree Mica. I was just surprised at the dearth of info and wondering how, with such a low profile, he ended up with this case...in which he did a wonderful job. Perhaps he stepped up and volunteered, which seems like the sort of kind thing he would do. I’d just like to know more about him and he’s impossible to sleuth! :)

Yes, I understand. :)

Though it happened in Canada, the recent murders of Barry and Honey Sherman were initially considered by police to be "suspicious" and their working theory was a murder/suicide.

The Sherman's family hired a private investigator who pointed to evidence showing they were murdered. Police have since changed their theory to the deaths being a targeted double homicide.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/sherman-deaths-toronto-police-update-1.4505259

http://toronto.citynews.ca/2018/01/22/wayne-millard-murder-trial/

This is another one initially ruled suicide until Millard was arrested for the murder of Tim Bosma and the investigation was re-opened.

I've followed many civil cases that enter the appeals phase and it seems both sides peel off any semblance of civility toward the other side. The attempted adoption of Sonya McCaul is just one example. The adoptive parents tried to win it in the court of public opinion and at first succeeded and then lost, big time. It took several years to wind through the courts.

You have been wrong for several years so far, perhaps you will be right the next time. But as Greer said, this has always been about re-opening the investigation into Rebecca's death. Plaintiffs know they won't get a dime from Adam.

The arrogance and lack of humanity on the part of defense counsel, an officer of the court, is shocking to me. I would expect this high priced attorney to be above reproach as Greer has been. At this rate, if there is a "court of public opinion," defense is a big loser so far.

Folks, move on from Adam's girlfriend. Please and thank you!

From Nov 2017...Reaction to possibility of being replaced

Commander says he's been banished to 'broom closet' for daring to run for San Diego County sheriff

"Dave Myers, a commander who is campaigning for the top post in the Sheriff’s Department, said he has been unceremoniously transferred to a new assignment in a “broom closet” and stripped of his usual duties in retaliation for running against incumbent Sheriff Bill Gore...."

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/politics/sd-me-sheriff-assignment-20171129-story.html

All the more reason to vote for Mr Myers....

Lezah, BOTH would seem 'new evidence' to me, but hey, I'm a layperson, a minion. :coffeews:

I just wonder.... well... I was thinking again. Maybe rape with a knife handle could be new evidence of something other than a suicide? Call me crazy..

IMO the press release from the defense is predictable. The best grounds for appeal IMO are going to be that the mannequin was prejudicial, that media coverage from when the incident occurred influenced the jury, and that there is no evidence connecting Adam to the incident. So basically everything that is in the press release.

This was a tough case, and I think they will have a strong appeal. I was surprised the jury found Adam responsible, to be honest, but I was not there so it's hard to say for sure how I would have voted. Regardless of what I feel personally happened, I was not confident the legal requirements had been met.

I have the absolute utmost respect for Mr. Greer and Rebecca's family through all of this and I hope an appellate court will defer to the jury's findings. But I hope they are all emotionally prepared for a reversal on appeal and/or for nothing to happen on the criminal/investigative side of this. The last thing I want this family to experience is more heart ache and disappointment.

I agree with you that the defense press release was predictable, but I would add that I believe we should be realistic in considering its primary purpose.

This press release is a desperate attempt at damage control after a crippling, devastating loss for the law firm and its high profile client.

This high profile client - Adam Shacknai - was found LIABLE and responsible for young woman’s death in a civil case IN SPITE of the fact a criminal charge is not (yet) in place and without the support of the police or medical examiner.

Couple this with the defense position, constantly promoting the position for years that ‘there is no evidence’...but in a court of law, the verdict in the plaintiffs favor speaks volumes.

Another hugely embarrassing and no doubt costly, public demonstration of failure.

Hardly inspires confidence eh? Their client base must be abandoning ship faster than a toupee in a hurricane.

The press release is clearly an effort to influence and sway public opinion in their clients favor, and an attempt to attract a positive media endorsement of their cause. As I said. Damage control.

I personally feel it would be very naive to think this press release is some form of ‘appeal template’ designed to do anything other than grab a headline.

The press release cannot possibly influence an appellant court, and to be frank, if the press release were to be the framework of the appeal as you suggest...I would get another attorney.

I echo your praise for Mr Greer, he’s a consummate professional, as was the Judge.

Finally, I would suggest you not lose any sleep regarding the Zahau family. They are made of strong stuff!

In my opinion, it’s not they who are going to be experiencing heartache, worry and tribulation in the future.

Just my opinion...

I just wonder.... well... I was thinking again. Maybe rape with a knife handle could be new evidence of something other than a suicide? Call me crazy..

Was the blood on the knife handle tested for uterine tissue since she had her period?

You may well be right, as the lead detective said on the stand that they had not even considered sexual assault, so the interpretation of the knife evidence was never considered ( the staining of blood on the handle as evidence in this regard) ...could be very relevant.

We should add it to our master list!

Just my opinion....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads