Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death/ADAM SHACKNAI FOUND RESPONSIBLE #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Marcia Clark’s polygraph expert, Dr. Louis Rovner, reviewed the results of Adam’s test and he says it wasn’t inconclusive. He failed the test.

Oh, wow! Great news! One more thing to add to the list of reasons why Sheriff Gore needs to re-open the investigation, not just "review" it.

At the end of the show, they played AS's infamous "posers" interview outside the courthouse. It looks very bad in light of what we know.
Got my mom to watch the episode with me and she was as incredulous as I was: no one commits suicide like that. That's just our opinion. :moo:

DS saying that it wasn't a suicide was one of the first clips shown.

Initially, the 911 call was played out of order but later in the show they played the "got a girl, hung herself" part and the expert listening to the call --he reviews criminal statements in a private firm he owns, I believe he was a detective--- says that it was nothing but AS setting up his alibi; he never mentioned she was nude and bound but he did mention that he just woke up.

Marcia consulted with DS's private detective in regards to MS's fall but also talked to a detective turned private investigator who drove home the botched nature of the SDSO's investigation. The evidence for murder was presented VERY strongly in this episode and I suspect it's going to draw attention to the SDSO in an unflattering way; turn up the heat on how the investigation was handle.

The most interesting thing I saw that I had not seen before is something that was shown on a local news station. They recreated the scene with a bed heavier than the one in the balcony bedroom as the anchor with a 100 pound heavy bag (punching bag) serving as RZ-- the bed moved almost 2 feet if not more when the bag was dropped over the railing. The bed at the scene only moved 7 inches. This is why Greer thinks the crime scene was reverse engineered (which jives with how close she was to the ground). Interestingly at the beginning of the ep an SDSO spokesman said they didn't know what order things were done in and that the only person that knows is RZ.

Marcia's perspective was similar to mine, anytime a woman is found nude.. ..it's most likely a sexual assault. The missing cricoid cartilage was used as the episode hook because it's mind blowing that it even went missing when it's state (broken or unbroken) would prove or disprove strangulation. The 3-legged table was also discussed. No matter how strong AS is, a 3 legged table is hard to balance on.

One last thing; they mentioned the ski rope has metal fibers in it and is very hard to cut even with a knife. The knife in the courtyard AS said he used to cut her down didn't have fingerprints on it.

The clinical psychologist Marcia interviewed said hanging is an unusual way for a woman to commit suicide, being nude is unusual and asian women have the 2nd lowest suicide rate.

JS's "asian honor" response was also presented with a music stinger and commercial break because that's a weird thing to say, imo.

also the clarified that the *advertiser censored* searches on the computer were for "anime *advertiser censored*" or hentai. cartoons. this one investigator, the older man with the thick eyebrows put serious doubt on AS cutting RZ down, imo. He called it "bull**** from start to finish". He also said it was a case of "police abandonment" and that confirmation bias played a part in sticking to the suicide finding. He and I are not saying they colluded with any suspect just that SDSO didn't do a good job investigated by any stretch of the imagination.

Wes Clark does investigative statement analysis, he's the one that listened to the 911 call.

Marcia Clark’s polygraph expert, Dr. Louis Rovner, reviewed the results of Adam’s test and he says it wasn’t inconclusive. He failed the test.
I'm stunned. Can't watch the episode yet, so how was it explained that the results could have been interpreted as inconclusive? Was it a clear fail?

From the 2nd episode linked above by Mica:

Marcia Clark's conversation with Dr Louis Rovner, Polygraph Examiner:

MC: Did you look at the charts that were generated?

Dr: I did, I went through the test and what I found was that the result was not inconclusive at all.

MC: It wasn't?

Dr: It wasn't. He actually failed this test. There's no doubt in my mind that these are deceptive charts.

MC: I'm a little breathless. I actually didn't expect you to say that.

Dr: Yeah.

MC: I really didn't. I thought how could there be a big discrepancy, at least one as big as that, between inconclusive and he dusted off as "well of course it's inconclusive you're close to her and you're upset" vs you're absolutely sure these are deceptive responses.

Dr: Yes I am. Albeit we have to remember that there were some flaws in the examiner's technique. The questions weren't all that great and there were other inconsistencies with standard procedure that we already discussed.

MC: Does that cause you to say well maybe they weren't deceptive?

Dr: No.

MC: So even taking those into account, still?

Dr: I think he failed this polygraph test. No doubt about it.

Courtesy of cynic...

Marcia Clark Investigates The First 48 – The Spreckels Mansion Mystery

Part One:
http://dai.ly/x6ii1we

Part Two
http://dai.ly/x6ii39i
Just a couple of screen shots

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• zahau gloves.png
    zahau gloves.png
    364.2 KB · Views: 217
  • zahau gloves table.png
    zahau gloves table.png
    291.3 KB · Views: 209
One of the strongest parts for me, they're all strong but this one stands out, and it's not new but it bears repeating, is Marcia Clark pointing out that the SDSO conclusion that Rebecca committed suicide because of Max's worsening condition is not supported by the painted message "she saved him".

I still get a little irritated whenever it is said that Rebecca retrieved the voice mail message. Anyone familiar with investigating crimes knows that there is no proof of who did anything to a phone or a computer etc.

Apart from that, the show was excellent, especially with Lindsey Philpott regarding the complexity of the knots, and the analysis of the 911 call, and I'm sure it helped raise public awareness of the case and will put a lot of additional pressure on the Sheriff.

One thing that stood out to me in Marcia Clark's show was that SDSO said the screams and call for help reportedly heard by neighbors were found to be not related because they were two hours before Rebecca listened to her VM. I was yelling at the TV, "There is no proof she was the one that listened to the alleged message or that a message was left at all!"

Can you say confirmation bias?! The screams didn't fit into suicide theory so they were quickly dismissed!

Nearly forgot to mention. Detective Tsuida (I believe) said that they didn't fingerprint the cellphone because they didn't want to get fingerprint dust in the buttons and affect the working order of the cellphone. Now I noticed a photo of the cellphone in MC's show and it was a flat screen, no buttons!

Looks like there could have been a struggle in that sitting room with cushions on the floor. And I can't work out what that black object is on the table.

Right? I did see this & think maybe this is evidence of struggle. Why are all the pillows on the floor? There could be other reasons, I guess, but could be a struggle. Whatever the black object is (Bottle? Glass?), looks like it is knocked over...

One thing that stood out to me in Marcia Clark's show was that SDSO said the screams and call for help reportedly heard by neighbors were found to be not related because they were two hours before Rebecca listened to her VM. I was yelling at the TV, "There is no proof she was the one that listened to the alleged message or that a message was left at all!"

Can you say confirmation bias?! The screams didn't fit into suicide theory so they were quickly dismissed!

This drives me insane!

Right? I did see this & think maybe this is evidence of struggle. Why are all the pillows on the floor? There could be other reasons, I guess, but could be a struggle. Whatever the black object is (Bottle? Glass?), looks like it is knocked over...
It looks to me as if someone was served with a drink (smoothie?) on a tray at the table, or Rebecca might have fixed one for herself. It looks untouched too.

or is it a candle in a jar?

Cellphone

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• zahau phone1.png
    zahau phone1.png
    360.3 KB · Views: 182
  • zahau phone2.png
    zahau phone2.png
    327.7 KB · Views: 181
Cellphone

attachment.php

attachment.php

Why would her phone be on the floor? Also, looks to me like the phone has one of those screen protectors on it. If you zoom into the top part of the phone I think you can see the indentation of where the screen protector ends. If there is a screen protector, that also makes me question why no fingerprint testing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Before.the.dawn
Back