Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death/ADAM SHACKNAI FOUND RESPONSIBLE #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why would her phone be on the floor? Also, looks to me like the phone has one of those screen protectors on it. If you zoom into the top part of the phone I think you can see the indentation of where the screen protector ends. If there is a screen protector, that also makes me question why no fingerprint testing?
Why would her phone be on the floor - the murderer wanted to put it in the minds of police that it was linked to her staged suicide - just like repeating three times she hung herself in the 911 call.

IMO.

One of the strongest parts for me, they're all strong but this one stands out, and it's not new but it bears repeating, is Marcia Clark pointing out that the SDSO conclusion that Rebecca committed suicide because of Max's worsening condition is not supported by the painted message "she saved him".

I still get a little irritated whenever it is said that Rebecca retrieved the voice mail message. Anyone familiar with investigating crimes knows that there is no proof of who did anything to a phone or a computer etc.

Apart from that, the show was excellent, especially with Lindsey Philpott regarding the complexity of the knots, and the analysis of the 911 call, and I'm sure it helped raise public awareness of the case and will put a lot of additional pressure on the Sheriff.

It occurs to me that this door message is a taunt from Adam to Rebecca. My theory is that Adam and Rebecca could have argued, with him angrily yelling at her for allowing his nephew to be injured and her pleading with him, perhaps saying that she saved Max's life right after the fall by doing CPR.

Right? I did see this & think maybe this is evidence of struggle. Why are all the pillows on the floor? There could be other reasons, I guess, but could be a struggle. Whatever the black object is (Bottle? Glass?), looks like it is knocked over...

Could the black thing on the table be a mini tripod?

It looks to me as if someone was served with a drink (smoothie?) on a tray at the table, or Rebecca might have fixed one for herself. It looks untouched too.

or is it a candle in a jar?

I enlarged the photo on my iPad. It looks like a drink in a glass. IMO

I can't work out what it is, but I can't shake off the idea that it might have been used to strike her over the head. I also feel she was offering hospitality to someone, I can see cutlery next to the glass.

Marty Rudoy, an attorney who represented Rebecca’s family during the initial stages of the investigation said this:

“The dirt on the balcony is not consistent with the actual dirt on her feet. It was dirt from a garden.”

Screen captures of photos shown along with Mr. Rudoy’s statement in support of his claim. The balcony looks pretty clean, IMO.

Photos courtesy of Marcia Clark Investigates the First 48 - The Spreckels Mansion Mystery

Attachments

• 86A77B0F-989E-44C7-998B-5352402F1475.jpg
    86A77B0F-989E-44C7-998B-5352402F1475.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 41
  • AD031871-6931-4F66-A5AF-0F1E23CA69C6.jpg
    AD031871-6931-4F66-A5AF-0F1E23CA69C6.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 740
Big thanks for posting the photos from A/E program as I don't recall ever seeing the sitting room or RZ's cell phone before. Reminder of untested Dr Pepper can at crime scene and AS drink of choice at trial was priceless!

Right? I did see this & think maybe this is evidence of struggle. Why are all the pillows on the floor? There could be other reasons, I guess, but could be a struggle. Whatever the black object is (Bottle? Glass?), looks like it is knocked over...

Adding to and correcting my prior post. The black thing on the table is not a tripod but two remote control devices. The pink object on the tray looks like a candle. Note the phone toward the rear of the table.

Screen captured photo courtesy of Marsha Clark Investigates The First 48 - The Spreckels Mansion Mystery

Attachments

• BAE45B88-849C-4E0E-ACCC-4903FE3701C2.jpg
    BAE45B88-849C-4E0E-ACCC-4903FE3701C2.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 54
Can someone remind me what Mary told Marcia about what Adam said to her on the phone when Jonah handed the phone to him (right after she learned of Rebecca's death and called Jonah). She asked Adam what happened, and he said the weirdest thing, something like, "I don't want to get into it. Don't want to put someone else over the edge."

Adding to and correcting my prior post. The black thing on the table is not a tripod but two remote control devices. The pink object on the tray looks like a candle. Note the phone toward the rear of the table.

Screen captured photo courtesy of Marsha Clark Investigates The First 48 - The Spreckels Mansion Mystery

So, Rebecca's phone is on the floor... whose phone is on the table?? (great screen grab, thank you).

Marty Rudoy, an attorney who represented Rebecca’s family during the initial stages of the investigation said this:

“The dirt on the balcony is not consistent with the actual dirt on her feet. It was dirt from a garden.”

Screen captures of photos shown along with Mr. Rudoy’s statement in support of his claim. The balcony looks pretty clean, IMO.

Photos courtesy of Marcia Clark Investigates the First 48 - The Spreckels Mansion Mystery
It's odd but it looks as if there could have been something on her foot like a strip of tape that was removed after her foot got dirty. It's not just the clean area but an indentation line on her skin too.

attachment.php

So, Rebecca's phone is on the floor... whose phone is on the table?? (great screen grab, thank you).

Good question! It indictates to me there were two people in that room with phones. I’m sure Jonah had his with him, because he called and left Rebecca the late deleted voice message.

Good question!
It could have been Max's. I know he was only 6, but his parents may have given him a phone so that he could call DS when he was staying with JS.

It's odd but it looks as if there could have been something on her foot like a strip of tape that was removed after her foot got dirty. It's not just the clean area but an indentation line on her skin too.

attachment.php

Yes, I see what you’re talking about.

Talking about tape, Cyril Wecht discussed tape marks on Rebecca’s legs that were mentioned in the first autopsy. He questioned where was the tape? He said there was no evidence of tape found or listed in evidence. (Paraphrased by me)

My question is if Rebecca removed the tape prior to showering, wouldn’t the tape marks have been removed? In any event, if she removed the tape before or after being killed, where is the roll of t-tape (as the defense called it) that she so often supposedly used?

It could have been Max's. I know he was only 6, but his parents may have given him a phone so that he could call DS when he was staying with JS.

Didn’t see your post and didn’t think about Max. Back in 2011, it wasn’t common for six year olds in my area to have phones. The thought didn’t enter my mind, but you are very right.

Didn’t see your post and didn’t think about Max. Back in 2011, it wasn’t common for six year olds in my area to have phones. The thought didn’t enter my mind, but you are very right.
I don't think it is common for children that young but maybe DS wanted a way of keeping in touch with him. If it was his.

They also pointed out how much dirt and mud were on the bottom of RZ's feet. That reminds me that whole house is the crime scene, not just that one room. There's a good chance that after she was accosted getting out of the shower, she was chased throughout the house and there was a struggle in that sitting room. moo

Can someone remind me what Mary told Marcia about what Adam said to her on the phone when Jonah handed the phone to him (right after she learned of Rebecca's death and called Jonah). She asked Adam what happened, and he said the weirdest thing, something like, "I don't want to get into it. Don't want to put someone else over the edge."

I remember this part but I don't remember if she actually got to talk to AS, I think was was talking to JS who then said AS was the one that found RZ and she asked to talk to him and JS said "I don't want to push someone else over the edge".

From the show...

Jonah didn’t know what happened to Rebecca when Mary called him. She asked him who knows. Jonah suggested to ask Adam. He’s the one who found her. Rebecca called Adam. (Paraphrased my me)

Mary Zahau’s exact comments during her interview with Marcia Clark:

Adam picked up the phone. I need you to tell me exactly what happened.

He said, “It’s not a good idea. I don’t want to push somebody else over the edge.”

It was the strangest sentence. It never made sense to me.

I enlarged the photo on my iPad. It looks like a drink in a glass. IMO

LOL I did too and it looks like a candle to me.
Also it matches the cushions on the floor, which perhaps enhances the candle effect.
Wish the photo was clearer.

ETA: Should have read down further before posting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back