Rebecca Zahau Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, you can't make this stuff up. In A. you say: "There was a report that a doctor had informed the grieving parents that little Max may have been suffocated" and B: "Another report suggested he could have either fallen over--or been pushed over--the second floor railing."

Both A.& B. are crimes of attempted murder of a 6-year-old child. As a mandated reporter, a doctor is obligated to inform law enforcement immediately.

A suspect--particularly a guilty one--might consider a better alternative to prison is suicide.

The hyoid bone is in the throat which is in the neck. I think a matter of factors including location of knot, hanging material, etc. likely influence the outcome but RZ did break a bone in her neck from hanging and all three pathologists noted it.

Check again. The damaged hyoid bone in the throat is a sign of manual strangulation. Damage from drop hang is to the vertebrae .

I know I come up with things that are more general in nature – I tend to take the broader view - so bear with me.

I believe now in my heart, especially now based on what law enforcement and the SD County Medical Examiner has done this week by withdrawing their testimony, that there is a bigger issue than SDSO simply being wrong on their findings of suicide. Why? Because why wouldn’t they even attempt to defend their findings - especially since they had been so adamant in their story and rationalization.

Remember Gore saying “Science doesn’t lie!”. They found “none of Adam’s DNA and only Rebecca’s DNA.” That finding has now had holes poked through it. The findings were presented in the news conference with such aplomb and spectacular production including the re-creation of the rope tying (which forgot the hogtie part). And of course they covered Max’s accident as they wouldn’t want to establish a motive for Rebecca’s death by indicating Max could have been murdered. Afterwards, they shut the Zahau family out from any further investigation including visiting the mansion or collecting her things including her phone. So not only didn’t SDSO confer with the family to any great degree about her state of mind prior to the findings (only JS) but they didn’t allow the Zahau family any access to the evidence afterwards.

There has to be a bigger problem for SDSO/Medical Examiner than meets the eye. It isn’t just that they made an incorrect ruling now that new evidence and facts have been uncovered to poke huge holes in their case. Instead, it is my belief, that something really nefarious occurred in this investigation that allowed an unfair and spurious narrative to be created between the murderer and SDSO/ME.

If the heavens open up for justice here and even if it doesn’t, there is a much bigger tale to be told. JMO

Check again. The damaged hyoid bone in the throat is a sign of manual strangulation. Damage from drop hang is to the vertebrae .

The three pathologists are not incorrect. All three reported a fractured hyoid bone which can be a result of hanging. Here's a link to support that they (and I) are correct.

"Nine victims had only thyroid cartilage fractures (22.5%), four victims had only fractures of the hyoid bone (10%), and six victims had fractures of both the hyoid bone and thyroid cartilage (15%). No fractures of the cricoid cartilage or cervical spine were demonstrated."
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S135311310090419X

I know I come up with things that are more general in nature – I tend to take the broader view - so bear with me.

I believe now in my heart, especially now based on what law enforcement and the SD County Medical Examiner has done this week by withdrawing their testimony, that there is a bigger issue than SDSO simply being wrong on their findings of suicide. Why? Because why wouldn’t they even attempt to defend their findings - especially since they had been so adamant in their story and rationalization.

Remember Gore saying “Science doesn’t lie!”. They found “none of Adam’s DNA and only Rebecca’s DNA.” That finding has now had holes poked through it. The findings were presented in the news conference with such aplomb and spectacular production including the re-creation of the rope tying (which forgot the hogtie part). And of course they covered Max’s accident as they wouldn’t want to establish a motive for Rebecca’s death by indicating Max could have been murdered. Afterwards, they shut the Zahau family out from any further investigation including visiting the mansion or collecting her things including her phone. So not only didn’t SDSO confer with the family to any great degree about her state of mind prior to the findings (only JS) but they didn’t allow the Zahau family any access to the evidence afterwards.

There has to be a bigger problem for SDSO/Medical Examiner than meets the eye. It isn’t just that they made an incorrect ruling now that new evidence and facts have been uncovered to poke huge holes in their case. Instead, it is my belief, that something really nefarious occurred in this investigation that allowed an unfair and spurious narrative to be created between the murderer and SDSO/ME.

If the heavens open up for justice here and even if it doesn’t, there is a much bigger tale to be told. JMO

Thank you for this post! I agree 1000%!!! C'mon June 2018! A new Sheriff will be a start.

According the A.R., Dr. Wecht and Dr. Davis, RZ's hyoid bone was fractured. The hyoid bone is in the neck.

May I remind everyone that the throat was not put back into Rebecca's body as it should have been (there are prior links stating this should have been done - that I am not going to find myself). Dr. Wecht could NOT examine the one organ of the body that counted for a hanging- the throat/neck. Convenient. He did, however, weigh in on the first ME exam that showed she was strangled.

The SD ME was derelict in his duties not to put Rebecca's body back intact so that a second autopsy could view the most important part of her injuries. Just one more oops on the part of the county ME. Too bad we can't ask the doctor about it since he didn't show in court.

YES!!!

Excellent post !!!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

The three pathologists are not incorrect. All three reported a fractured hyoid bone which can be a result of hanging. Here's a link to support that they (and I) are correct.

"Nine victims had only thyroid cartilage fractures (22.5%), four victims had only fractures of the hyoid bone (10%), and six victims had fractures of both the hyoid bone and thyroid cartilage (15%). No fractures of the cricoid cartilage or cervical spine were demonstrated."
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S135311310090419X

Hanging. The abstract does not stipulate whether the selected cases were long drop or from a fixture such as door, shower, etc. Did you purchase the pdf?

Do you guys have links for those? On number one you facts and timing are way off. Number two doesn't exist.

I did find a link that supports the Dr. telling the parents that Max may have been suffocated. A search warrant was issued after Dr. Peterson's suspicions were reported to police two days prior to RZ's hanging.

In a follow-up investigation, Dr. Brad Peterson said after four days of medical testing, they could not determine the cause of a cardiac arrest suffered by Maxfield Shacknai.

The search warrant goes on to say "Dr. Peterson did not feel the visible injuries were consistent with the cardiac arrest and brain swelling experienced by Shacknai. Dr. Peterson expressed concerns made based on the above factors, suffocation may have occurred prior to Shacknai's fall. Maxfield later died."

Search warrants also asked for belts, ropes, clothing, bedding, plastic bags, electrical cords, as well as other items capable of being used for strangulation or suffocation as part of the investigation into Max's fall.

Two days later, Rebecca Zahau was found dead at the same home where Maxfield Shacknai fell. The medical examiner has determined that she committed suicide.

http://www.azfamily.com/story/15527...i-suffocated-before-fall?clienttype=printable

JS has had his fingerprints all over the media since 2011 and continuing to this day. This is just one more example. Two words: "Reputation Management". That's all it takes if you've got big money. IMO

Oh, and while I'm at it, so does SDSO. In fact there are links somewhere in these threads that show that SDSO and Jan whats-her-name is a client of the same reputation management group. Unbelievably the reputation management firm listed back in 2011 both SDSO and Medicis. You can't make this stuff up.

Hanging. The abstract does not stipulate whether the selected cases were long drop or from a fixture such as door, shower, etc. Did you purchase the pdf?

The abstract speaks for itself. Hanging is hanging. The data evidently didn't go into the detail of lengths of drop, etc. That doesn't change the fact the people died.

May I remind everyone that the throat was not put back into Rebecca's body as it should have been (there are prior links stating this should have been done - that I am not going to find myself). Dr. Wecht could NOT examine the one organ of the body that counted for a hanging- the throat/neck. Convenient. He did, however, weigh in on the first ME exam that showed she was strangled.

The SD ME was derelict in his duties not to put Rebecca's body back intact so that a second autopsy could view the most important part of her injuries.

The AR didn't report strangulation. If it did, I sure didn't see it. If Lucas was in any way derelict in his professional role, there was nothing preventing Dr. Wecht from filing a complaint against his medical license. He didn't and Dr. Lucas is practicing.

I found it interesting and really odd that when JS testified neither side asked him about his interactions with Rebecca about the circumstances surrounding Max's injuries. There had to have been quite a bit of back and forth between the two about what Rebecca was doing and what she saw and heard when Max was so horribly injured. I would really have liked to hear him testify about this -- to see his demeanor.

I agree, you can't make this stuff up. In A. you say: "There was a report that a doctor had informed the grieving parents that little Max may have been suffocated" and B: "Another report suggested he could have either fallen over--or been pushed over--the second floor railing."

Both A.& B. are crimes of attempted murder of a 6-year-old child. As a mandated reporter, a doctor is obligated to inform law enforcement immediately.

A suspect--particularly a guilty one--might consider a better alternative to prison is suicide.

Do you guys have links for those? On number one you facts and timing are way off. Number two doesn't exist.
B. The speculation that Max may have fallen from (or been pushed from) the second floor was one of multiple conjectures being bandied about initially...from multiple sources...as people struggled to explain what might have happened. (My bad and my apologies as I didn't know for certain this was based on an actual 'news report' -- but it was certainly being discussed in the San Diego community -- where I live --.by folks inside and outside the media.)
A. "Days before he died, Dina says, one of the physicians at Rady told her and Jonah, 'It’s possible he could have been suffocated.'”
https://www.townandcountrymag.com/s...6/shaknai-deaths-mystery-coronado-california/

LOL.

Don't think he was asked.

He offered it up for sure,

LOL.

Haha! I can see the scene now:

LEO: Adam, directly before you found Rebecca hanging, did you, by any chance, masturbate to *advertiser censored*?
Adam: Well, I say this with much embarrassment and hesitation, but in the interest of being completely transparent: Yes. Yes, I did.
LEO: Whelp, just wondering. Carry on, then. Truly appreciate your candor.

Except 'Becca' probably had no knowledge...

of the Drs saying the above. Cripes, unlike Maxie's parents, Sharp's ED and Rady's ED, Rebecca was the ONLY one who did NOT know Max was brain dead. And again, cripes, DS's then boyfriend's daughter had even posted on social media about it as did JR's daughter.

Speaking of Tugboat Captain AS, remind me again how we know he is, in fact, a real Tugboat Captain. Is this another JS said so thing? Nothing on the scrubbed internet. What's the name of his Tugboat? How long has he been a Tugboat Captain? After his college education, did he go to Tugboat School? Thanks in advance for providing documentation-I honestly do not recall seeing anything other than a mention, ever.

117030fbba6f599a25b4a1d248a19b89.jpg

I think I found his boat! [emoji23][emoji23]

Except 'Becca' probably had no knowledge...

of the Drs saying the above. Cripes, unlike Maxie's parents, Sharp's ED and Rady's ED, Rebecca was the ONLY one who did NOT know Max was brain dead. And again, cripes, DS's then boyfriend's daughter had even posted on social media about it as did JR's daughter.

No reason to consider PRISON or SUICIDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads