Rebecca Zahau Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Greer looks upset. Wiping his eyes.

Greer is a gentleman through and through.

Greer is up..

How RZ actually died the process, we don’t know and it doesn’t matter. She was murdered. We have Motive, opportunity, placement , he was there.

Mr Greer is emotional.

What would be RZ’s last words.

He has closed!

TV 10 missed it. Didn't see it on the FB feed.

Thanks for this info, it’s very interesting to hear.

To elaborate a bit as I was trying to type and watch at the same time..Webb was suggesting that you might as well accuse the next door neighbor of murder if you accuse AS, the next door neighbor is as likely to commit murder by the same token.

Hope that explains it a bit more clearly.

I have one word for this argument: weak.

Wait. What? That was so fast I missed it. Thanks for all the live links you guys. Very helpful!

Judges instructions in process (summarized and paraphrazed)

Keep an open mind, share your ideas, use your common sense. Your own experience. You cannot use your own special experiences.
You can ask for testimony, explanation of the law. Write down questions. Use your jurer number.

Continue to deliberate while you await answers to questions. Do not reveal your decisions to me before public announcement. 9 jurors must agree.

20 mins should be allowed to get attorneys back.

You must decide personally, you may be asked your personal vote.

You cannot agree to toss a coin for a verdict. You cannot discuss with anyone else. You can take your notes to help you remember the evidence.

Your notes will be collected and destroyed at the end of the trial.

You can rehear any testimony, be specific.

Instructions continue...

Judge explaining how to complete to forms, jurors can vote differently on each decision. But 9 or more must agree but does not have to be the same 9

Judge explaining demonstrative, they can be used to support testimony.

Thanks to all of you for your diligent reporting and observations. I'm coming off final exams and haven't been able to follow this case very well.

If they don't reach a verdict today, they will reconvene at 9:15 am tomorrow morning. M-F, not weekends. Don't talk about case, don't contact anyone who has connection to case, etc.

Explaining lunch breaks for jurors etc. timings (9.15am tomorrow start if no verdict reached today) Mon through Friday schedule. Explaining and reiterating juror duties..now swearing in deputy to monitor jurors and keep matters private etc...

That happened all day yesterday, including when the mannequin appeared.

I've been less than impressed with the local news media coverage of this trial. JMO

Thanks for the reporting, everyone.

I wonder how we'll know when there's a verdict? Maybe ABC San Diego's Twitter?

Jury heading to deliberate. It’s happening folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhampton