Rebecca Zahau Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Webb seems to think it was impossible for Rebecca to regain consciousness after being knocked out earlier. Of course it's possible.

I mean, it's not impossible she was hit after she screamed, either. JMO

so there has never been a murder with no witnesses?

I have known the Alison's for many years. To suggest that Mrs. Alison should be a murder suspect is preposterous! I also find it interesting that LE tried to keep it quiet that she had come forward. I was having coffee with the Alison's one Sunday shortly after Rebecca was murdered, and they brought up the fact that Mrs. Alison heard screams that night, and that LE didn't seem to be interested..............

Thanks for this info, it’s very interesting to hear.

To elaborate a bit as I was trying to type and watch at the same time..Webb was suggesting that you might as well accuse the next door neighbor of murder if you accuse AS, the next door neighbor is as likely to commit murder by the same token.

Hope that explains it a bit more clearly.

Ridiculous. There are no witnesses because Adam was the only person there besides Rebecca. The neighbor was a witness to hearing a scream. They worked to discredit her.
Murderers don't usually choose a time when there will be witnesses either. Has Webb never heard of Means, Motive and Opportunity ?

so he called Greer, an attorney, in open court a liar?!?! I can understand him saying this about Mary, as she is the plaintiff, but to also call her attorney a liar? Is this typical?

.We only have a photo of the clothes, there was no evidence that they were processed.

Exactly. Was the photo dated? When was it taken? Shouldn't have investigators seen this earlier since last thing she was wearing COULD potentially hold clues to the crime? Why was this found so late?

Not sure if this was posted yesterday, sorry if a double post.

Update 21 ~ Posted by Mary Zahau

Quick update on today. Closing argument will continue tomorrow. Mr Greer presented his closing arguments but the defense is not done yet. It is long and drawn out as usual. Mr Greer gets to rebuttal tomorrow after the defense is done. It is expected to be done in the morning so jury goes to deliberation after that. We are drawing strength from all of your prayers and support.

https://www..com/rydrn-justice-for-rebecca

so he called Greer, an attorney, in open court a liar?!?! I can understand him saying this about Mary, as she is the plaintiff, but to also call her attorney a liar? Is this typical?
I missed that.

Murderers don't usually choose a time when there will be witnesses either. Has Webb never heard of Means, Motive and Opportunity ?

Poor Rebecca, I guess she should have asked around for people who would be willing to witness her murder.....she shoulda sent a calendar appointment or something! This is sarcasm by the way!

Thanks for this info, it’s very interesting to hear.

To elaborate a bit as I was trying to type and watch at the same time..Webb was suggesting that you might as well accuse the next door neighbor of murder if you accuse AS, the next door neighbor is as likely to commit murder by the same token.

Hope that explains it a bit more clearly.

That's quite a bit of false equivalence on his part, JMO.

Yes, the guy at the mansion who is angry at his brother's girlfriend and lusting after her is no more of a suspect in her murder than the woman next door watching tv in her living room. Sure. /s

How does an autopsy procedure cause hematomas? I would think blood flow ceases upon death.

And usually they can tell the difference between injuries that occurred prior to death vs after death.

I missed that.

what i mean is that he kept saying how greer and mary pretty much concocted this story, and made up a fictitious story to fit their scenario. i should've worded it differently, but pretty much if he saying greer helped to make up this "fiction", he is calling him a liar in my opinion.

Adam was there. He killed Rececca. He wore gloves and wiped the scene removing any evidence of him being there. The lack of his dna/fingerprints on things he admittedly touched is a huge red flag for me. Friction accelerates shedding, yet there was no dna on the rope he stuck his fingers underneath to loosen. There were loopholes in the investigation. Adam lied. Innocent people have no reason to lie. All JMO.

I wish Mr. Greer all the best in his rebuttal.

😑 I find it unbelievable that non-shedders have been discussed ad nauseum here and in court and yet this debate still goes on. It’s scientifically possible for his DNA to be absent. Far from unbelievable.

Agree as touch DNA has sensitivity limits. It's a fairly new thing in the last ?10 years in courts, but lawyers may confuse the jury with absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

My summary and opinion so far...

Webb was better than yesterday in his presentation. For me, he has an irritating delivery style and voice, but he was definitely less flustered and much more systematic.

Yesterday the mannequin was stuck in my head and the table evidence, and I was waiting anxiously for rebuttal, but it never came. This was important for me and the fact it wasn’t covered spoke volumes.

I felt there was a very condescending, dismissive tone running through the whole statement, IMO it was not helpful to AS. Particularly the attack on Mary almost immediately followed by the request to the jury consider AS pain and suffering. Attack Greer ok, he’s presenting the case ..but attack Mary?

I also noticed a distinctive drop in tone of voice and level and pitch of volume when discussing RZ apparent reason for suicide. It was not natural IMO, as as soon as the next topic came up he did not dwell a pause before returning to the voluminous levels prior.

Overall, I felt like I was being ‘talked down to’ if that makes sense. As though by choosing the plaintiffs version I was stupid as it’s SO obvious that there is no evidence...

I genuinely tried to remain open during the trial, and I did during Webb’s argument, but for me he was unpersuasive and not very likable.

This is just me, and my opinion, but I would decide for the plaintiff.

Edited to add

Speaking of pain and suffering... I hope Mr Greer becomes the voice of the silent witness for the jury, RZ.

Agree. And if the legal standard for proving murder required having actual witnesses to the killing, there would be a lot of murderers out walking the streets today. The jurors must be wondering about that argument. JMO

It’s insulting to the jurors’s intelligence.

Webb was better than yesterday in his presentation. For me, he has an irritating delivery style and voice, but he was definitely less flustered and much more systematic.

Yesterday the mannequin was stuck in my head and the table evidence, and I was waiting anxiously for rebuttal, but it never came. This was important for me and the fact it wasn’t covered spoke volumes.

I felt there was a very condescending, dismissive tone running through the whole statement, IMO it was not helpful to AS. Particularly the attack on Mary almost immediately followed by the request to jury consider AS pain and suffering. Attack Greer ok, he’s presenting the case ..but attack Mary?

I also noticed a distinctive drop in tone of voice and level and pitch of volume when discussing RZ apparent reason for suicide. It was not natural IMO, as as soon as the next topic came up he did not dwell a pause before returning to the voluminous levels prior.

I noticed this too! It seemed hacky and rehearsed and therefore disingenuous and actually a little uncomfortable if I had to sit there in front of him as he is talking to me.....it would take alot for me not to roll my eyes and look at the person next to me with a look like "really?"

I felt there was a very condescending, dismissive tone running through the whole statement, IMO it was not helpful to AS. Particularly the attack on Mary almost immediately followed by the request to the jury consider AS pain and suffering. Attack Greer ok, he’s presenting the case ..but attack Mary?

Overall, I felt like I was being ‘talked down too’ if that makes sense. As though by choosing the plaintiffs version I was stupid as it’s SO obvious that there is no evidence...

I genuinely tried to remain open during the trial, and I did during Webb’s argument, but for me he was unpersuasive and not very likable.

This is just me, and my opinion, but I would decide for the plaintiff.
Very well said Lezah. I felt all of these things too.

He is just so obvious with his tactics.

Agree as touch DNA has sensitivity limits. It's a fairly new thing in the last ?10 years in courts, but lawyers may confuse the jury with absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

agreed, and i really hope that Greer can talk about the fact that there are so many statistics out there of crime scenes that produce very little dna/forensics.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring