Rebecca Zahau Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Portions of the closing arguments from Monday April 2, 2018.

Keith Greer – part one:
[video=youtu;bJ3UqKMkzVc]http://youtu.be/bJ3UqKMkzVc[/video]

Keith Greer – part two:
<snipped for brevity>
Interesting that Mr. Greer's first two points were:
A. The nautical-style knots used to bind RZ's hands,
B. The handwriting on the door.

It just so happens that when the defense asked for a mistrial days ago these were the same two points the judge said were germane to allowing the trial to continue...letting the jury decide these issues of fact.

Just how much sway A & B will have during jury deliberations is anyone's guess. Will they carry enough weight to override defense arguments about the lack of fingerprints and other issues they raised?

Hopefully we'll know the answer soon.

Interesting that Mr. Greer's first two points were:
A. The nautical-style knots used to bind RZ's hands,
B. The handwriting on the door.

It just so happens that when the defense asked for a mistrial days ago these were the same two points the judge said were germane to allowing the trial to continue...letting the jury decide these issues of fact.

Just how much sway A & B will have during jury deliberations is anyone's guess. Will they carry enough weight to override defense arguments about the lack of fingerprints and other issues they raised?

Hopefully we'll know the answer soon.

I actually think the lack of fingerprints and DNA points directly at Adam.

Is a mistrial the same as nonsuit? Just checking I didn't miss something there.

Reading this makes me angry all over again. It should not have been this way. Imo, there are many more people than just the one on trial who should be held to account for their role in this travesty of justice.

you are so right; this has been a travesty of justice, so far: hopefully this jury will begin to right a terrible wrong. I wonder if the jury believes AS murdered Rebecca if the San Diego Police will be forced to reopen the case and consider AS criminally
responsible for her death ( which I believe he is)

you are so right; this has been a travesty of justice, so far: hopefully this jury will begin to right a terrible wrong. I wonder if the jury believes AS murdered Rebecca if the San Diego Police will be forced to reopen the case and consider AS criminally
responsible for her death ( which I believe he is)

A gentle correction: SDPD did not investigate the case; it was the San Diego Sheriff's Office.

Coronado is a separate town from SD.

Just wanted to take a moment and thank everyone-- long term posters, and newer ones, for their faithfulness and camaraderie as we all followed this case together. I haven't been able to be here as much as I wanted to for the past couple weeks, but I'm still following and keeping up as best as I can. Thank you so much to those who attended court, and to those who watched the live feed and summarized. I'm sure there are many of us that send our sincere appreciation for that.

I just hope both the Zahau family, and Mr. Greer, know how much we all support them. I'm so grateful-- I think we all are-- for the care, compassion, dedication, and competence Mr. Greer has put into his work on this case. Regardless of the outcome, I don't think any attorney could have done a better job for Rebecca and her family. :tyou:

And now we wait and bear witness, and continue to support Rebecca and her family. Together. :grouphug: :rose:

Isn't the jury back yet?!

Kidding. Hope they take care to get this right.
Hugs to Mary and Mrs. Zahau. I am so sorry for your loss.

Mr. Greer, YOU ROCK, sir!

Jury Note to Judge:

Ex. 855 pg. 9
Item #20g #21g #12g
Is there any more information/evidence regarding these collected items?

Stipulated Response from Court:

The jurors have been provided with all the exhibits received in evidence.

Praying for the right outcome on this case....it was no suicide.....

A gentle correction: SDPD did not investigate the case; it was the San Diego Sheriff's Office.

It has always troubled me that the polygrapher that gave Adam Shacknai his lie detector test, recommended that another test be given when the results were inconclusive. Why was it not done? SMH....

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/09/adam-shacknai-polygrapher-recommended-another-lie-detector-test/

I was one who came in at the end and appreciate all the excellent research, knowledge, facts and information so many contributed. I was able to gain insight into this case & learned so much.

I am one that prays & firmly believes the jury will make the right decision.

Jury Note to Judge:

Ex. 855 pg. 9
Item #20g #21g #12g
Is there any more information/evidence regarding these collected items?

Stipulated Response from Court:

The jurors have been provided with all the exhibits received in evidence.

Do we know what those items are? Where did you find this information?

Do we know what those items are? Where did you find this information?

This info was put out in an email from the court PIO. Maybe someone who was in court can confirm what these items are? I heard from a secondhand source that they are bloodstains on a tissue, the underwear in the guesthouse wastebasket, and black latex gloves.

My first thoughts were the tissues with red stains. I don't remember Greer mentioning the tissues but he did say in his closing that there was no further information on the gloves.

This info was put out in an email from the court PIO. Maybe someone who was in court can confirm what these items are? I heard from a secondhand source that they are bloodstains on a tissue, the underwear in the guesthouse wastebasket, and black latex gloves.

I'd really like to hear from someone who can confirm which items these are. If TVScum is correct -- then, wow. Those are some very important items, and important items which, from all I can tell, were never properly tested or processed.

Color me not surprised the jury is wondering about (lack of) testing of these items. :mad:

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15505829/some-shacknai-search-warrants-to-be-unsealed

The list of 45 items taken from the mansion consisted of the following:

1. Knife
2. Pair black gloves
3. Paper towel w/red stains
4. Box w/paint supplies
5. Dr. Pepper bottle
6. Clothing
7. Flip camera
8. Basket w/cameras
9. Stain kit
10. Clump of hair