Rebecca Zahau Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reports and testimony are evidence. The jury will be deliberating evidence. An IUD had no role in determining manner or cause of death and neither did the table. JMO

The IUD didn’t play a role in her death, but skipping mention of a foreign metal object in her uterus calls into question the reliability of that report/evidence, to me anyway.

The reports and testimony are evidence. The jury will be deliberating evidence. An IUD had no role in determining manner or cause of death and neither did the table. JMO

It wasn't about the table, it was about AS lying about cutting her down and staging the death scene with the table.
It was him changing his story about running through the house vs around the house
Changing his story about loosening the bindings on her wrists to take her pulse
About pretending to give her rescue breaths while the noose was still tight around her neck

It's a lot of things that don't add up. He lied.

One look at him and he did it.

I have no agenda how he did it, but he did it. I see his body language and his face

certain things cannot lie, and he does not have a Poker Face

His Brother should have hooked him up with Botox...IMHO

Fortunately, in the U.S. a civil jury can't assign liability on the basis of looks.

I'm not all that excited about the table. It's just one more example of AS lying about his involvement in Rebecca's death. There are many examples that are more powerful, imo.

Yes and it seems to me that a standard jury instruction is if they believe any witness is lying about anything, they are free to disregard that witness's entire testimony.

I think Greer will be able to connect the dots on AS's lying. And if the jury concludes he was lying, they have to ask themselves why.

Innocent people don't lie.

I'm not all that excited about the table. It's just one more example of AS lying about his involvement in Rebecca's death. There are many examples that are more powerful, imo.

Edit: oops, double post.

The IUD didn’t play a role in her death, but skipping mention of a foreign metal object in her uterus calls into question the reliability of that report/evidence, to me anyway.

Which could be one of several reasons the author of that report was a no-show in court to explain and answer questions about his work.

the knife in her privates didn't play a role in her death, either, but it sure as Hell takes it from suicide to murder right quick. now doesn't it? that suicide idea came and went so fast, it didn't even wave goodbye.

the knife in her privates didn't play a role in her death, either, but it sure as Hell takes it from suicide to murder right quick. now doesn't it? that suicide idea came and went so fast, it didn't even wave goodbye.

I didn't get to hear all of Webb's statement today, but I don't recall any attempts to try to convince the jury that it was suicide. We'll wait and see what Webb says tomorrow, but it looks like even the defense isn't pushing the suicide scenario.

IMO, because it's so improbable.

This case has no smoking gun IMO. But from what I’ve seen it does have a preponderance of evidence of various kinds that, when put together, show deceit by Adam from his own mouth. It also shows murder, not suicide. Who needs to lie when a murder has taken place? The answer is obvious.

This is is my opinion based on my overall observations, so please don’t ask for supporting details and links. I’m not going to reconstruct the case as I see it. It is what it is. JMO, MOO, etc.

I didn't get to hear all of Webb's statement today, but I don't recall any attempts to try to convince the jury that it was suicide. We'll wait and see what Webb says tomorrow, but it looks like even the defense isn't pushing the suicide scenario.

IMO, because it's so improbable.

I think you are right

This case has no smoking gun IMO. But from what I’ve seen it does have a preponderance of evidence of various kinds that, when put together, show deceit by Adam from his own mouth. It also shows murder, not suicide. Who needs to lie when a murder has taken place? The answer is obvious.

This is is my opinion based on my overall observations, so please don’t ask for supporting details and links. I’m not going to reconstruct the case as I see it. It is what it is. JMO, MOO, etc.

Maybe no smoking gun, but one hell of an unnecessary smoking table story.

Yes, we're aware of that

cache.php

ETA: Adam's problem is that Mr. Greer demonstrated today that Adam was lying when he told the 911 operator that he had to climb on the table to cut her down. He pretended to move the table over and climb upon it to cut her down when she was actually hanging close enough to the ground that the table wasn't necessary. She was probably already lying on the grass when he called 911.

I do not think Rebecca was hanged. She was sexually assaulted and choked to death or she was strangled; same thing.

it wasn't about the table, it was about as lying about cutting her down and staging the death scene with the table.
It was him changing his story about running through the house vs around the house
changing his story about loosening the bindings on her wrists to take her pulse
about pretending to give her rescue breaths while the noose was still tight around her neck

it's a lot of things that don't add up. He lied.

this.

I agree and as I see it, the idea of some random person walking in the house and committing this elaborate crime defies credulity.

I am. Tables do that for me.

I agree and as I see it, the idea of some random person walking in the house and committing this elaborate crime defies credulity.
BBM

Yes, as has suicide defied credulity from the get-go.

Edit: oops, double post.

maybe a double, but your post about innocent people don't lie, and the jury asking themselves why he did was worthy of about a quadruple post. they will have to ask themselves, if adam was innocent, and didn't want to go to court for the death of another person, why in the world would he lie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo