Rebecca Zahau Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe a double, but your post about innocent people don't lie, and the jury asking themselves why he did was worthy of about a quadruple post. they will have to ask themselves, if adam was innocent, and didn't want to go to court for the death of another person, why in the world would he lie?

And why the heck didn't he leave any evidence whatsoever while huffing and puffing and trying to save Rebecca?

LOL! You’re on a roll tonight!

*blush* sorry, yeah, normally I don't say much, but finally the stubborn idiocy of well.... well.... you all get it, finally made my fingers take on a temporary insanity. and with that I gotta head to bed, prayers for all.

The jury has to abide by the rules and only consider evidence that was presented during the trial. None of the 29 witnesses or exhibits were about the table. JMO

You know exactly how many witnesses or exhibits there were?

That is some diligent record-keeping.

*blush* sorry, yeah, normally I don't say much, but finally the stubborn idiocy of well.... well.... you all get it, finally made my fingers take on a temporary insanity. and with that I gotta head to bed, prayers for all.

Goodnight, Waitaminute. Hoping to table the table conversation pretty soon.

And why the heck didn't he leave any evidence whatsoever while huffing and puffing and trying to save Rebecca?

well now there is an interesting question! or when grabbing a textured surface, like the rope? generally speaking, those surfaces are a bit like exfoliating, rubbing off skin cells. but not his. nope. just like a lizard, Martha, I tell ya, just like on of them slimy non dna sheddin things.

It wasn't about the table, it was about AS lying about cutting her down and staging the death scene with the table.
It was him changing his story about running through the house vs around the house
Changing his story about loosening the bindings on her wrists to take her pulse
About pretending to give her rescue breaths while the noose was still tight around her neck

It's a lot of things that don't add up. He lied.

That's your opinion. The Plaintiff must prove AS caused RZ's death.

That's your opinion. The Plaintiff must prove AS caused RZ's death.

I thought the standard was a preponderance of evidence that he caused her death. Like the OJ Simpson case.

As I've mentioned many times, though, IANAL.

The table is key to this case. And Greer proved it today with the mannequin demonstration. It looked pretty clear that Rebecca was hanging very low to the ground and a table wasn't needed. In fact pulling that table over was a time wasting thing, on top of it being so much more complicated to cut her down, when all he needed to do was walk up to her and cut her down.

RZ was hanging very low to the ground, I believe it was testified that she was 20 inches from the ground. Seeing that distance displayed in the courtroom today was huge, because for someone wanting to jump off a balcony, that is cutting it really close to actually make contact with the ground and instead of a "suicide" it would be some broken legs. Also, in my opinion, the reason why the bed wasn't moved the distance it should have been moved with a hanging death, is because if the bed was moved any more, she would've made contact with the ground. In my opinion, AS moved that bed himself knowing it should move in a hanging death, but he couldn't move it as far as he wanted to because she would be too close to the ground....he had no wiggle room.

This is all my opinion, but its the reason why I think the demonstration was huge today and why I think the table is one of the most important pieces of evidence in this case.

If the table was an important piece of evidence it should have been entered during the case in chief so that it could be discussed by the jury.

I thought the standard was a preponderance of evidence that he caused her death. Like the OJ Simpson case.

As I've mentioned many times, though, IANAL.

The OJ case involved a death ruled a homicide and a criminal trial. This case does not.

If the table was an important piece of evidence it should have been entered during the case in chief so that it could be discussed by the jury.

Not the most important, the most COMICAL.

More believable if it was a Bosu Ball.

Imo, Webb jumped back and forth between bashing Greer and the Zahaus for having the unmitigated gall to charge his extra special client with a crime, and singing the praises of his extra special client. At no point did he try to convince anyone Rebecca killed herself, from what I could tell.

Oddly, he kept referring to his client as a "sexual pervert" in an attempt to make it sound ludicrous, but that piece of clay he's working with doesn't have texture. No marriage, no kids, an elderly girlfriend no one's ever met, no charitable works, nada. Just a kinda weird dude with a self-proclaimed interest in *advertiser censored* and masturbation.

And lets not forget that Webb also made sure to remind everyone of Adam's 28 years as a tugboat captain........yet he claims on the otherhand in ALL those 28 years, Adam NEVER learned to basic nautical knots necessary for his position.....

I think another powerful argument for the defense is how the absolutely-this-is-the-truth theories of who was the culprit has...mutated...over the years. And the theory of the crime has changed a lot too. It was Dina, it was Dina...then it wasn’t, It was Nina, it was Nina, then it wasn’t.

Oh how sure you all were. How it all fit together!

But then....Apologies preferred...now it’s a sex crime and there’s only one guy left to create a story around.

I know that’s had an influence on me. All the now discarded certainty and righteous indignation.

Even Greer admits Bremner “exaggerated.” Then the spectacle of the sweeps autopsy which I found as demeaning to RZ as laying exposed in the courtyard. The refusal to admit at all...that her life was t fabulous and Jonah didn’t adore her...and she was so religious.

Anyway, I hope both families are at least satisfied that they got their day in court. They both had excellent representation. The judge seems very fair.

Our legal system is working well for both sides.

This reminds me of Webbs closing argument today.

Not the most important, the most COMICAL.

More believable if it was a Bosu Ball.

The distance RZ was from the ground means that the rope was about 7.5 feet up in the air. Not exactly eye level. Holding onto the body would also decrease your reach. If it was relevant to the Plaintiff's case they would likely have introduced more evidence. Or how about, he came across the body, didn't take time to measure the distance as compared to his reach and got the table. If he tried to cut her down and then needed something to step on this would be a longer delay in actually cutting her down. There are plenty of logical explanations that IMO are more believable than what would amount to a pointless lie.

I listened to most of today. Admittedly I missed some parts (like the mannequin, dang it). Frankly, I could barely follow Webb. I don't even think that is my bias showing. I almost felt sorry for him. He was all over the place. It seemed obvious that he didn't know where to hang his hat.

I think the table aspect is daunting to explain but is icing on the cake. To me, looking at that picture again, it is so obvious she either wasn't hanging a long time, or she was never hanging. Look at her knees and legs! They aren't touching! You put someone on their side, their legs would be together. In the photo, they obviously aren't touching. Tablegate is one thing. Couple that with the position of the body and we see that things didn't go down as Adam said.

Mr. Greer did an amazing job poking holes and showing Adams "untruths". Mr. Webb just couldn't answer back.

:nono:

Do NOT discuss moderation and specifically as it relates to other members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member