Recent Developments

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The briefs filed by both sides will be released is my understanding. I would think that the evidence would be stated in the briefs, but I don't know for sure. ziggy?

The briefs filed by both sides will be released is my understanding. I would think that the evidence would be stated in the briefs, but I don't know for sure. ziggy?

This will be very interesting, I wonder if the defense will shift the blame to TH in their briefing. if they do, I would like to see why they think he is guilty.

Part of the responsibility of the defense at an evidentiary hearing, as I understand it, is to present alternative suspects. So, I believe that it is possible that evidence against TH could be presented in the briefs.

I am searching for the answer as to what will be in those briefs now. Sent an email to the Honorable professor Hardcastle.

snippet from Echols brief - indeed they intend to call TH and DJ.

This brief is great reading!!!!

picture.php

Maybe I'm being picky, but I found the Echols brief much easier to read and understand than the Baldwin/Misskelley brief. However, I'm ecstatic that Echols plans to call TH and DJ. They've asked for one hearing and in October, from what I read. So, if Echols calls TH and DJ, Baldwin and Misskelley will benefit from it as well.

Now I wonder where the State brief is?

BTW, I've been down for the count most of the day. I'm just so glad that we got to see the defense briefs quickly. Boy, that Echols brief was great!

Echols brief is great. So honest, so open, so obvious..

The States brief = empty

Id like to ask all the non supporters... why would 3 "guilty' men push so hard for every piece of evidence to be tested... i know if i were guilty of something i would totally poo myself if they wanted to do testing... Honestly, the 3 can't be any more open honest and willing... my heart just breaks not only for the victims but for the 3 guys thrown into this horrible mess for simply being "easy targets".....

The States brief = empty

Id like to ask all the non supporters... why would 3 "guilty' men push so hard for every piece of evidence to be tested... i know if i were guilty of something i would totally poo myself if they wanted to do testing... Honestly, the 3 can't be any more open honest and willing... my heart just breaks not only for the victims but for the 3 guys thrown into this horrible mess for simply being "easy targets".....

If they want every thing to be tested that must include the T-shirt and Pendant.

Very interesting indeed, I'd like to see TH and friend DJ on the stand

The States brief = empty

My thoughts exactly, suz! The Echols brief was a much easier read for me, because I have no legal background. The Baldwin/Misskelley brief was good, but, for me, just not too user-friendly.

In all, it was a very good day for our guys IMO:woohoo:

iluvmua,
I hope to at least read the testimony of TH and DJ. Don't think that Laser is going to allow cameras in the courtroom. And, I would like to see the shirt and pendant tested, too. However, I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) the blood was all used or destroyed or whatever in the first round of testing. Maybe there's some more sophisticated tests that can extract more information from the articles themselves.

Like Damien, I say, "Test everything!" When you're innocent, you don't fear testing. The only people who fear testing are guilty criminals and State's attorneys who know that the testing will probably destroy their case!

BTW, suz, my guess is that your question will go unanswered.

My thoughts exactly, suz! The Echols brief was a much easier read for me, because I have no legal background. The Baldwin/Misskelley brief was good, but, for me, just not too user-friendly.

In all, it was a very good day for our guys IMO:woohoo:

iluvmua,
I hope to at least read the testimony of TH and DJ. Don't think that Laser is going to allow cameras in the courtroom. And, I would like to see the shirt and pendant tested, too. However, I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) the blood was all used or destroyed or whatever in the first round of testing. Maybe there's some more sophisticated tests that can extract more information from the articles themselves.

Like Damien, I say, "Test everything!" When you're innocent, you don't fear testing. The only people who fear testing are guilty criminals and State's attorneys who know that the testing will probably destroy their case!

BTW, suz, my guess is that your question will go unanswered.

CR, I think some of the DNA might have been destroyed, I'm not for sure though. The State did not want the shirt and pendant presented at trial because that meant that Damien''s/ Jason's trials would have to be separate from each other and they would not be able to get a conviction if they separated them.

Also, it would have resulted in a mistrial too.

I also wish TH would have had a lot more airtime on PD1 & 2.

It also is a moot point because Judge B would not allow it in the trial anyways.

I wonder why American Justice never did a show on this case. They need to

When will we get to see both sides proof of evidence? I want to know what they defense has and what the state has.

So they will get new trials if the hearings go well? or will they be released?

Moore seems to be the norm among the families of crime victims. I can understand why relatives feel a strong need to believe in the prosecution. After all, it's not as though they can just pick another prosecutor if they don't like the one they get.

What is extraordinary about this case is that so many of the victims' relatives have changed their minds about the convictions.

Just like a bunch of sheep. Baaa, Baaa it's John Mark Byers. Now baa, baaa it's Terry Hobbs.

wonderw hat the extra proof about the knife is about.... how on earth am i going to hang til October!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14