Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
US attorney: DH needed to build confidence in his defense team, and with trial and long sentencing looming he was willing to cooperate 10 days ago. No remorse expressed to US attorneys.

Not just one attorney but a defense team. I wonder how nauseated they are working for this monster? Someone has to do it. Can you imaginr meeting and talking with him? Ugh

Not just one attorney but a defense team. I wonder how nauseated they are working for this monster? Someone has to do it. Can you imaginr meeting and talking with him? Ugh

He sounds incredibly selfish. I don't think there is even a word for the callous selfishness of this perp.

"Jacob/Jared facts to be factored into upward sentencing departure."

Can anyone expand on this?
Im thinking its got to do with sentencing guidelines that dictate the sentence based on certain criteria. Unless there are extreme circumstances judges do not step outside the guidelines. In this case the judge can go over the top limit of sentencing.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I hope they're looking to see if he's connected to any more crimes.

"A Minnesota man confessed Tuesday to abducting and killing 11-year-old Jacob Wetterling nearly 27 years ago, putting to rest a mystery that had haunted the state and led to changes in national sex offender laws.
Danny Heinrich made the admission as he pleaded guilty to federal child *advertiser censored* charges that could put him behind bars for decades.

Heinrich described the abduction and murder in excruciating detail to a crowded federal court on Tuesday after taking a plea deal that will land him in jail for at least 20 years.

Asked whether he abducted, sexually assaulted and murdered Jacob, Heinrich said: 'Yes I did.'"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...989-abduction-appear-court.html#ixzz4JVgcGQWN

It is just horrific to read what happened to Jacob. I think we all knew this was the likely motive and what had happened but it's still very difficult to read and know. I'm so sorry that this monster was the last individual Jacob saw alive. I didn't expect any remorse from him he only led the police to Jacob's remains for his own benefit. I can understand the Wetterling family agreeing to the plea deal. It's horrifying he might be out in 20 years 73 isn't old these days with people living longer.

I want to say a massive thank you to all of you for caring about Jacob and for your dedication to his case. I have so much admiration for everyone who has helped try to find him. The Wetterling family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Ok help me understand this. I can be dense at times and I want to know if I am understanding this correctly.

1. He is charged with child *advertiser censored* that can carry a sentence of 15 to 30 years in a state prison

2. He makes a plea deal to avoid sentencing at a state prison, so he can do Federal time.

3. The mother agree to this deal so they can bring her son home and to have closure.

4 This deal will give that rat only 20 years in a federal prison and he will not be charged for the murder.

Now I want to know if that is how it is going to go down. Because of it is it sickens me that he can get way with murder by doing this plea deal

Ok help me understand this. I can be dense at times and I want to know if I am understanding this correctly.

1. He is charged with child *advertiser censored* that can carry a sentence of 15 to 30 years in a state prison

2. He makes a plea deal to avoid sentencing at a state prison, so he can do Federal time.

3. The mother agree to this deal so they can bring her son home and to have closure.

4 This deal will give that rat only 20 years in a federal prison and he will not be charged for the murder.

Now I want to know if that is how it is going to go down. Because of it is it sickens me that he can get way with murder by doing this plea deal

If you read back, they explained that the LE didn't have enough evidence to charge him with murder. The family wanted closure and to have Jacob back home. The legal teams did the only deal and the best deal to find Jacob and to put the behind bars for a very long time.

What has Heinrich been doing for a living all of these years? I can't find much on him, other than he lived with his mother for a while, and his brother for a while, and filed for bankruptcy twice. Did anyone around there know him?

Doesn't this set the precedent that a murderer can use his knowledge of where they buried a body as a bargaining tool?

A murderer can get a much lesser sentence, get sent to a better prison, and not be convicted of murder if they just tell a grieving family where they buried their loved one.

This is just messed up..:(

Doesn't this set the precedent that a murder can use his knowledge of where they buried a body as a bargaining tool?

A murderer can get a much lesser sentence, get sent to a better prison, and not be convicted of murder if they just tell a grieving family where they buried their loved one.

This is just messed up..:(

this has always been used as a frequent bargaining tool in murder and missing people cases.

I never thought I'd be as greaful as I am for the WS community as I'm feeling today. As horrific as the details of what happened to Jacob were, I know you're all equally horrified and shaken to FINALLY know.

I cried like an idiot when I heard Jacob asked "what did I do wrong?".

He's not gone. He'll always be with us.

It was the Wetterling's decision. They agreed to this so that they could have answers, and, more importantly, have their son back. I realize alot of people are upset - we ALL are upset. It's appalling that this was the only way to have answers. But there it is. And I honest to God think the Wetterlings have been through enough over these past 27 years - this affected all of us - they deserved the answers finally. Millions of lives have changed because of what happened to Jacob. They deserved their answers. To know. To have him back. Heinrich is getting away with nothing. He is right where he deserves to be. Where he will continue to be for a minimum of 20 years. If he survives what's in store for him.

My thoughts and prayers and every single tear, are with and are for the Wetterlngs. For Jacob.

If you read back, they explained that the LE didn't have enough evidence to charge him with murder. The family wanted closure and to have Jacob back home. The legal teams did the only deal and the best deal to find Jacob and to put the behind bars for a very long time.

Why was this the only deal and the best deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics